3. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 5890

4. Jimmie Johnson 5808

5. Mark Martin 5791

6. Tony Stewart 5769

7. Elliott Sadler 5760

8. Matt Kenseth 5755

9. Ryan Newman 5749

10. Jeremy Mayfield 5651

Meaning that since they changed things, one of these 10 drivers will win the championship. (Jeremy Mayfield can pretty much forget about it, though, unless he has amazing finishes in the last few races and the others have some DNFs)

So, who is everyone pulling for to win it?

Me, I hope Jimmie Johnson or Ryan Newman wins. But as long as Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin or Tony Stewart don't win it, I'll be happy. (I have no respect whatsoever for Tony Stewart, who I actually liked before he became a temper tantrum throwing whinebaby, and I'm not too fond of Gordon or Martin)

I also think NASCAR has some double standards, and either isn't lenient enough or is too lenient when they hand out penalties.

Case in point: They suspended Kevin Harvick for a race last year for reckless driving, yet this year they pretty much slap Robby Gordon on the hand when he causes a multi-car wreck that knocks several drivers out of the championship hunt....and admits he caused it on purpose!

I also think they were too harsh in penalizing Jr for using foul language on tv. The $10,000 fine I thought was appropriate, but taking away 25 pts was too much.

Robby Gordon is apparently going to own his car next year. I hope he has trouble finding a sponsor, because he's come off as a jerk and a crybaby in most of the articles I've read about him.