How many teams invited to the NCAA b-ball tourney?

Guest Bluesman

Guest Bluesman

Hear me out. My fiancee and her friend were playing a trivia game, and this came up. The answer I said was 64 (I don't follow college b-ball closely, but still), but evidently the game said it was 65. Which is it, and if 65, how?

Hear me out. My fiancee and her friend were playing a trivia game, and this came up. The answer I said was 64 (I don't follow college b-ball closely, but still), but evidently the game said it was 65. Which is it, and if 65, how?

it's 65. The 64th and 65th team play a single elimination game to decide the 64th seed. The reason behind it I never understood.

Guest Bluesman

Actually, I'd be willing to say fundamentally and in a 5 on 5 setting they're at least equal, if not better than the men. Mind you, I don't watch too much college basketball, but from what I've seen that appears to be the case.

Edited by Bluesman