WWE Smackdown!

Emad

user posted image

12/11/04

By Kyle Marsh

Injuries

Jeff Hardy was indeed injured this past Smackdown! it seems he suffered severe blood loss and has been told to take upto a month off, so that means he is to stay rested until then. Jeff Hardy is in hot water with the WWE as he continues to show up late and dosnt follow the dress code. Rumors are going around is that he is about to be released but the only reason he has yet to be released is because Matt Hardy has a very good relationship with Vince and Matt is the reason Jeff is still around.

Paul London has been asking for time off recently to rest his current injuries as they are nagging him and he is not physically at his best, London has asked for a 2 week Vacation and the last time you will see London for two weeks is this Saturday on Velocity when he is set to take on Akio Yang

Shannon Moore On The Late Show

Shannon Moore appeared on the Late Show with David Leeterman last night and he talked about Survivor Series this coming Sunday. He also said that Dean Malenko has been training Shannon a little for the last few months and that Moore will indeed be in the hunt for the Cruiserweight Title alot more before the end of the year

Smackdown Rating

WWE Smackdown! this week drew a 4.2 Rating with a 6 share and that is up from the previous weeks 3.9. WWE is very impressed with the number the show drew in and is happy with the direction Smackdown! is going in.

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

Velocity

Velocity kicks off with the usual video and then pyros before we cut to DeMott & Matthews who announce that tonight is dedicated to the Cruserweight Divisions as they will have 3 matches tonight to determine the #1 contender for the Cruiser Title at Survivor Series. They also say that they have the usual Smackdown! Recaps and tonight there going to look back at the making of Evolution Vs Benoit,Gunn,Holly & Benoits 4th Man and the 6 man Hell In A Cell Match set for the PPV, we then kick it into the wrestling as Akio Yang's theme is heard and it's time for match #1.

Akio Yang Vs Paul London

Cruiserweight Title Tourny Match #1

Yang enters first and he comes down sporting a trenchcoat and sunglasses like Neo from the Matrix. Akio walks down to the ring and enters. After that we hear some Generic music and out next is Former Cruiserweight Champion Paul London who seems to be on a losing streak lately. This match was back and fourth and wasnt much until the end. The end saw London and Akio battle it out with chops and closed fists for about 3 minutes until London got the advantage and kicked Akio in the gut and then went for a Clothesline but Akio ducked it by bending back like they do in the Matrix and hit London with the Korean Roundhouse Kick! Akio then positioned London for the Yang Time but as Yang went up top he came down and London moved and then rolled up Akio but Akio then rolled up London and the ref made the 3 count! Akio moves on to the finals. Akio leaves the ring as London begins to kick the ropes. The ref trys calming him down but London lets loose and clothesline's the ref out of his shoes. We then fade back to the end of last weeks Smackdown!

Winner: Akio Yang

OSR: 66.8

Smackdown Recap #1: Benoit Defeats Reigns

We fade from the ring to a video of the ending of last weeks main event.

"the 10 count, he gets to 6 as Benoit and Luther both begin to move. Luther then grabs Benoit and goes for the Roll OF The Dice but Benoit gets out of it and goes for a Clothesline but Luther manages to hit Benoit with the Snake Eyes! Luther covers Benoit and gets a near 3 count as Benoit kicks out. Luther goes crazy and then grabs the chair and attempts to hit Benoit with it but Hebner takes the chair. Luther argues with the ref but then turns and walks into a Crippler Crossface! Benoit locks it in and it is held in for a good 10 seconds before Luther taps out! As this happens the rest of Evolution runs out to the ring.

As Evolution runs into the ring Benoit is prepared as he begins brawling with Batista,Tomko & Orton all alone its a 3 on 1 but soon the sides are even as Gunn & Holly run out the 2 run out and slide into the ring and take down Batista & Tomko. Benoit knocks Orton over the top rope as Tomko & Batista slide out. the team then rejoins up and Luther joins them and the 4 of them re enter the ring and a wild brawl ensues with a 4 on 3 happening. Benoit and Orton brawl until Benoit sends Orton over the top rope but Luther then comes from behind and hits Benoit with the Snake Eyes! Suddenly "All Grown Up" hits and out comes General Manager Stephanie McMahon!

Stephanie McMahon: Stop! Stop The Chaos Right Now! I'm sick and tired of all this crap and this sick and bitter feud, so at Survivor Series where going Old School! It's going to be Randy Orton/Dave Batista/Tyson Tomko & Luther Reigns Vs Chris Benoit,Billy Gunn,Hardcore Holly & A Partner of Chris Benoit's choosing, i dont care who you choose just make sure that theirs 4 men on each side by Survivor Series!"

We then cut to Josh Matthews & Bill Demott

Josh Matthews: Interesting end to Smackdown! 3 days ago as it was announced that Evolution will be wrestling against Chris Benoit,Hardcore Holly,Billy Gunn and a wrestler of Benoit's choosing. Who do you think Benoit will choose?

Bill Demott: Personally, i think that Benoit wont pick anybody. I think that it will be a 3 on 4 matchup. Who do you think?

Josh Matthews: Well, i havnt got the slightest clue but if i was to pick i'd probably say John Cena seeing as he and Benoit are pretty tight.

Bill DeMott: Wow you really are as dumb as you look. Well let's take a look back after this past Smackdown! where Josh Matthews caught up with Benoit,Holly & Gunn.

Fade to the tron

Josh Matthews: Well, guys i'm here backstage with Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly & Billy Gunn and Chris i have to ask you, how you feel?

Chris Benoit: You wanna know how i feel? I feel extremely happy now that i know that at Survivor Series is going to be the night i finally get to get my hands on Randy Orton after almost a month. I'm going to lock in my Crippler Crossface and i'm going to make him TAP!

Josh Matthews: Well, As for your 4th member, any idea's on who it will be?

Chris Benoit: Well i've had people come up to me and offer to wrestle for my team, people from Val Venis to Shannon Moore, but i've yet to decide who is going to be my 4th member.

Josh Matthews: Well, thank you for your time.

We fade to a commercial break.

OSR: 82.5

--Commercial Break---

Chavo Guerrero Jr Vs Jamie Noble

Cruiserweight Title Tourny Match #2

We return from the commercial break and we see Jamie Noble walking out to the ring sporting Purple Tights. Then, "Hey Chavo" hits and out from the back comes Former Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero Jr. Chavo walks towards the ring as he enters the ring the music of Akio Yang hits and Akio comes out to the ring and sits down at ringside and is going to be a spectator for this match. The match begins with Noble and Chavo starting things off with some chain wrestling. Chavo locks in a chin lock and Noble reverses it into a wrist lock. They both then hit the mat and start some chain wrestling before Noble hits Chavo with a hip toss. The match goes for abit with chain wrestling before Chavo and Noble get aggressive and begin hitting eachother with knife edge chops. Noble then hits Chavo with a dropkick and Noble is on fire. chavo gets up and Noble hits him with a Clothesline, once, twice then three times! Noble then gets Chavo kicks him in the gut and looks to hit the Tiger Bomb but Chavo reverses it into a backbody drop then picks up Noble and goes to hit the Gorry Bomb! but Noble somehow reverses it into a Sunset Flip Powerbomb! and then covers him and gets the 3 count. Noble picks up the win in an impressive bout and advances to the finals.

Winner: Jamie Noble

OSR: 79.4

Smackdown! Recap #2

"Chris Jericho: Well, i'll tell you flat out right now that you do have an impressive resume and it shows right their, but despite the fact that your not the only one of the 5 people that want a title shot that deserves it, infact all 5 of you deserve a title shot and if i could i'd wrestle you all at once but Stephanie sai...

At that time, All Grown Up hits on the P.A system and out from the back comes General Manager Stephanie McMahon.

Stephanie McMahon: You know Chris, i was sitting backstage and i was watching you talk and infact you gave me an idea. I see 6 Incredible Athletes in the ring and i know all of you would make for a good Champion and that's why since Smackdown! have the main event spot at Survivor Series this Sunday, it's going to be Chris Jericho Vs Kurt Angle..

For a moment their Kurt Angle got happy and raised his arms in the air but then...

Stephanie McMahon: Vs Rey Mysterio Vs Edge Vs Eddie Guerrero Vs Rob Van Dam in a 6 Man Hell In A Cell Match!

At that time Chris Jericho looked on in shock as the other 5 men had their backs towards Stephanie. Jericho was shocked and then began scratching his head and started looking around, he grabbed a chair and then cracked it against the back of Eddie Guerrero's head! Eddie dropped out of the ring as Angle went to hit Jericho but was hit in the gut then he followed with a chairshot to the head of RVD, followed by one to Edge and then lastly Rey Mysterio. Jericho then began hitting the ring post's with the chair, Jericho then went to the outside and began ripping apart the ringside area as Security ran out and this time the grabbed him and cuffed him and took him to the back leaving a crazy smirk on the face of Jericho! We fade to the back where we see.."

From their we fade on to see Josh Matthews and Bill DeMott

Josh Matthews: Well their it was for those who missed it and it looks like this 6 man Hell In A Cell Match is going to be a hellacious bloodbath.

Bill DeMott: No doubt about it. I'm rooting on for Angle to take the victory

Josh Matthews: Well, i think each and every man has an equal opportunity to win it this but to top things off this coming Thursday on Smackdown! Stephanie McMahon has made a match where Rob Van Dam & Edge will be teaming up against Chris Jericho & Rey Mysterio. Now this is going to be a tough match for Jericho as not only his opponents are after him but his partner is also after him, after the damages he suffered last thursday on Smackdown!

Bill DeMott: Well in this match it's a Dont Trust Anybody situation and i think personally Jericho had this coming to him.

Josh Matthews: Well folks, where going to take our last commercial break before we come back to see Jamie Noble Vs Akio to determine our Cruiserweight #1 Contender.

OSR: 83.7

--Commercial Break--

Jamie Noble Vs Akio Yang

Cruiserweight Tournament Finals

Before the entrants came out Nunzio comes out and joins Josh & Bill for commentary. Then out comes Jamie Noble followed by Akio Yang. The match begins with Akio and Noble staring eachother down then the two come to blows with Noble starting things off. Akio and Nolble are exchanging fists with eachother until the ref gets inbetween them. Noble then comes at Akio with a clothesline but Akio ducks it Matrix Style and then gets up and turns right into a Dropkick which knocks him into the ropes, Akio comes back at Noble and walks into Noble's Spinebuster. The match is in Nobles favor until the end where Noble comes at Akio like a ton of bricks with forearm shots and closed fists. Akio goes for a Clothesline which Noble ducks and then pulls out of nowhere the best looking German Suplex ever and it is even better then something Benoit would do. Noble then covers Akio but only gets a Two Count. Noble then picks Akio up and kicks him in the gut and Noble sets up for the Tiger Driver but Akio gets out of it with a Back Body Drop! Akio then quickly ran uptop and hit the Yangtime! onto Noble but then picked Noble up and hit him with a sick looking Tornado DDT! Akio then made the cover and got the 3 count! Noble got robbbed! Akio then got up onto the turnbuckle and motioned that at Survivor Series the Cruiserweight Title would be hisWinner: Akio Yang

OSR: 65.8

Yes, diary is back sorry for the long await for the show, those who actually read, theirs Velocity and ill be posting the next Flashbackwrestling.com part in a few hours. Also constructive criticism is appreciated

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...