WWE 2005 and beyond

EWRFan

WWE Smackdown preview

In the main event:

Eddie Guerrero & Booker T vs JBL & Orlando Jordan

Plus:

- In the final Smackdown of 2004, Jesus and Carlito destroyed John Cena. What does he has in store for them this week? Cause you know the bad boy of the WWE has revenge on his mind.

-WWE Tag Team Titles:

RVD & Rey© vs Kenzo Suzuki & Rene Dupree

Rematch for tag team gold. RVD and Rey are 2-0 aganist Kenzo and Dupree when the belts are on the line. Will Kenzo and Dupree end that winstreak?

-WWE Cruiswerweight Title:

Funaki© vs Spike Dudley

Spike wants to prove that Funaki's title win was a fluke. Funaki wants to prove that he is for real.

- Plus:

The Undertaker sure has some problems to resolve with Heindenreich. What will happen tonight?

Smackdown booking meeting:

January 06 2004 10:16 am

Since Raw has a PPV this week, the Smackdown booking staff where instructed to start building towards a "Night of the Champions" Smackdown show next week where all the titles will be on the line. With two title matches already planned for this week, the booking staff started planning what will be in store this week and next week for the Smackdown brand.

Sitting at the table are Paul Heyman, Stephanie McMahon(doesnt look happy), assistant booker Dave Lagana, representing the head of talent relations(Johnny Ace) is the vice president Jim Ross (Ace is scouting talent in OVW) and also at the table the new head road agent of Smackdown Pat Patterson. The wrestlers are sitting in front of the bookers table and are led by commitees. Paul Heyman came with this idea in order to stop 40 or 50 people from talking at once. They have made small groups with leaders that are going to voice the opinions of the other wrestlers. The leaders are Mark Calloway (Undertaker), Bradshaw, The Big Show, Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero. John Cena is the new golden boy of smackdown and is also able to voice his opinion at will. Road Agent Dean Malenko was designated as the voice of the cruiserweights. Vince McMahon is live via satelite.

Vince: "Before we start, let me make something clear. I am here to supervise. Paul and Stephanie will do everything and I will only interfere if something is wrong. I will just listen, I am a spectator here. Go on.."

Paul: "Yes, thank you Vince. Well, I think that this weeks Smackdown had been booked since last year so, without further ado, let's proceed to next week and the things we will do this week to hype next week. Since we have the Cruiserweight Title and the Tag Team Titles on the line this week, we should have #1 contender matches for next week as well. Makes sense in order for the titles to be on the line in back to back shows. I like the sound of Paul London vs Chavo Guerrero vs Billy Kidman in a #1 contender at the Cruiserweight Title. Kidman will walk out the winner and face Funaki at the next show. Any objections with that?"

Stephanie was just silent, barely paying attention to anything. Dean Malenko asked for permission to speak.

Malenko: "Paul, some of the guys have questions about this booking decision. They have nothing aganist it, but...they want to know if some sort of storyline will be made. They are tired of working meanningless matches and they feel that the division needs to be booked better."

Stephanie: "This is why I didnt want wrestlers at the meetings. Complaining and asking...they should be content to be on TV"

Paul: "With all due respect Stephanie, if you dont have nothing important to say, then dont say anything at all."

Stephanie: "How dare you speak to me like that?"

Vince: "He is right Stephanie. Now, Paul, go on."

Paul: "Well yes. Kidman has been injuring people left and right. He wins the title from Funaki and injures him too. This will lead to all three men that have been injured at some point by Kidman, Chavo, London and Funaki forming an alliance of sorts and Kidman will have his own supporters and hopefully this will lead to the reinassence of the cruiserweight division. My other idea involves the Tag Team Titles. We have only one established face team, which means that we need another team to turn face at some point. I am thinking about the Dudleys when they come back from vacation. But for now, Hardcore Holly & Charlie Haas will face The Bashams in a #1 contenders match. This is the perfect place to establish Haas as a heel and continue the storyline with Jackie and Dawn."

The rest of the guys ask questions and are treated with respect. All of this while Stephanie is dead silent and furious. She doesnt even bother offering opinions. When the meeting comes to a close, she smiles to everyone and leaves. Once outside the door, she smirks, sensually bites her finger nail and walks away.

• 10 months later...