2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you watched Heat games?Maybe a basket is from Shaq drawing(of the 8 point increase), the rest is from Wade's brillance.He's one of the best one-on-one in the league, from what I've seen, anyway.But I suppose his assists jump means nothing also??Most games I've seen, Shaq's dished it off to Haslem or Damon Jones.

I put Wade ahead of LeBron because their improvements are pretty even (who expects Wade to be 5th in apg, seriously?) but the teams victories make the difference.

All people who are high on other sophs blame Wade's success on Shaq, did you not see him in the playoffs last year?Wade would be avg. over 22 easily with or without Shaq.Wade's no even my favourite soph (I'm leaning towards Bosh/Hinrich, with Wade, Melo and Bron round about the same) but you gotta give him the respect the kid deserves.

And jonny, gotta give Jermaine O'Neal something, he's avg. like 26 points a game, and was up around 30 for like 10 games, same goes for Iverson, if he had some more wins, he'd be pulling for MVP contention, but because the Sixers and their division suck he ain't getting no look.His team is more depleted than Bron's.

I got bored so I started looking at the NBA All-Star junk for this year. Noone has been picked for any of the competitions yet and I felt the need to write who I think should be in each competition just so I don;t lose my sanity in boredom...

Slam Dunk Contest (can't have more than 3 years in league)

Josh Smith, Atlanta (but he's on the IL right now)

Tayshaun Prince, Detroit

Fred Jones, Indiana (defending champ)

Andre Emmett, Memphis

Tony Allen, Boston (If Smith is still hurt at the All-Star break)

Three Point Contest

Kyle Korver, Philadelphia

Fred Hoiberg, Minnesota

Ben Gordon, Chicago

Mike Miller, Memphis

Jason Terry, Dallas

Cuttino Mobley, Sacramento

Skills Challenge

Kirk Hinrich, Chicago

Jason Kidd, New Jersey

Steve Nash, Phoenix

Brevin Knight, Charlotte

Guest BacknBlackHoez

i think weve seen everything in LeBrons repetoire, windmill, 2 hand craddle, reverse, between the legs (HS) & outstretched arm (HS) he doesnt do anything besides those, except just power dunks like the one on Damon Jones. If he was in the comp. i dont know if we'd see much difference.

Plus LeBron was in the McDonald's All-American game Slam Dunk contest and he didn't do anything too crazy except all of his dunks were done with ridiculous amounts of air and he was LeBron James. If my memory serves me correctly he beat out another crazy dunker J.R. Giddens (currently at Kansas) because Giddens missed a bunch of dunks in the finals.

*Dirk Nowitzki runs out during a Steve Nash vs. Michael Finley match, and wacks Finley with a steel chair. Nash recovers the referee and makes the cover on the bloody Finley. Nash and Nowitzki raises each others hands.*

Dirk Nowitzki's overness has risen 2 points due to his turn.

Guest Bluesman

Personally I wouldn't consider the Lakers as disappointing, just like I wouldn't have considered the Rockets earlier in the season. They're performing as I expected them, if not better in the case of the Lakers.

The T-Wolves on the other hand...right now you're seeing the effects of not dealing Spree, and possibly others. It was a HUGE mistake to not make a deal because 'you don't mess up a good thing' with the dysfunction going on behind the scenes. I still can't believe that idiot Mark Jackson said Spree and Sam's comments wouldn't affect the team.

Stop hating on the Lakers, they've achieved more than anyone else thought they would.So what, they lost to the Hawks, so did the fuckin' Pistons.Upsets happen, didn't the Hawks beat the Spurs last year, anyway?

Good to see Arenas get an All-Star nod, since Hughes has been out he's been avg. 30 a game, really stepping up and the Wizards are still like, 2nd in the East, or equal with the Cavs.Bet Pierce woulda lost his spot to Hughes, most likely.

East Reserves:

Gilbert Arenas, Wizards

Antawn Jamison, Wizards

Paul Pierce, Celtics

Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Cavaliers

Dwyane Wade, Heat

Ben Wallace, Pistons

Jermaine O'Neal, Pacers

West:

Ray Allen, Supersonics

Manu Ginobili, Spurs

Rashard Lewis, Supersonics

Shawn Marion, Suns

Steve Nash, Suns

Amare Stoudemire, Suns

Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks

Mavs and Kings are the sleeper teams in the West right now, IMO, same with the Wizards, Pacers in the East, especially the Mavs as they have a better team BECAUSE they traded a guy who could be MVP by the end of the year.And I'm telling ya, if the Pacers can squeeze into the Playoffs, and get a focused Ron Artest, expect some first round upsets happening.

Who did the Mavericks trade that could be the MVP? Jamison or Walker? I think both of them are far from MVP talks. I'd put Dwyane Wade, Steve Nash, LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki and Shaquille O'Neal and many others before Jamison. He has done alot with the Wizards, but the Wizards are more of a teamwork team, Jamison isn't really the star.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Marc Stein.............. Nuggets will make the playoffs.

Greg Anthony......... T'Wolves will not make the playoffs.

Tim Legler.............. Chicago Bulls will not make the playoffs.

Ric Bucher.............. T'Wolves will trade Wally Z by the trade deadline.

Stephen A. Smith.... If Malone joins the Spurs, Shaq will beat him down!

Celts & Bucks get ina fight! Kendrick Perkins fouled Desmond Mason HARD! 95 - 59, damn, i see why Boston is pissed!

Nuggs will have a HUGE 2nd half, mark my words.

Blitz, the NBA guru...blah.

Edited by BacknBlackHoez

Guest Bluesman

Ugh. I really wish idiots would stop saying about the Wolves "maybe Flip's voice has gotten old"...the ONLY players who have any real tenure on this team are the ONLY players who are doing shit right now (Wally and KG). It's pointless to make any sort of move, unless it involves trading Spree.