2004-2005 NBA Season Topic

Blitz

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brady_3for3

It appears that the Pistons championship swagger is finally returning. Their last wins have all been by wide margins, and we even saw Darko Milicic post a career high in points in back to back games. They are begining to "play the right away", and look to be in top form heading into the all-star break. I'm wishing and hoping that Carlos Delfino can return soon. It'll be interesting to see Delfino paired up with Carlos Arroyo in the backcourt together. No doubt about it though, Delfino should provide alot more depth when/if he returns.

So, we're at the ALL-STAR Weekend.

I must confess i've only checked who was selected for what right now.

Rookie Challenge: Not a single true center in it. The Rookies aren't too big and the sophomores are even smaller. That could be the only advantage the rookies might have. I'm not too impressed with most of the rookies apart from dwight howard and the chicago rookies. I like Iguodala but i think that's only because i grown to like it with him playing for the sixers and all. Okafor will be missed. On the sophomore side there isn't a single player i don't rate high, some of them i'm quite a fan. If Lebron is playing both games i don't expect him to excel on this one. I'm expecting a great game (or at least hoping for), and the sophomores will win in the end.

Shooting Stars: This thing needs a Sacramento team. I think Los Angeles have a chance to retain. Detroit will be the worst.

Skills Challenge: Nash, Arenas, Boykins, Ridnour. (the last two will be close)

I don't know the rules for entering this, but i would like to see wade, kidd, iverson and bibby doing this

Three Point Shootout: Allen 37.7 Joe Johnson (only because of his super form this season), korver ( :wub: ), radmanovic (either him or korver in the final two), allen (because i was voting for him in 2000 and 2002 and he let me down), richardson (because i think he's inconsistent), and lenard (is he gonna enter this? without playing?)

Slam-Dunk Contest: I would still vote for richardson if he wasn't a year too old. Anyway, Stoudemire (i actually doubt he will win but i don't like this years competitors too much), Smith (this is the one i'll be cheering), Andersen (to repeat last year, but i actually think he may do better), Smith (because someone has to be the fourth).

The Big Guys All Star Game: I'll start by saying there are many i would like to see here that aren't, and that will suck to me, but you can't please everyone. i'm sure there's somebody out there who likes the squads. Yao Ming will still be a NBA starter as long as he is in a NBA team. Yes, even when 55. :shifty:

A team that has Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal and Ben Wallace DOESN'T need Ilgauskas. A team with more Centers than guards is something i never thought i would see, but apparently i did. There should have been room for an extra forward or guard. Vince Carter will also start the games until he's 45 (if he isn't injured). I would rather see francis or marbury in the team instead of the fourth center.

Now to end, i'll be cheering for the east as i allways do. Now with Shaq it's a more reasonable hope, although i liked it better when all the east had was tiny speedy guards and swingmen, facing all those Garnett-Duncan-Shaq's in the other side. It gave the east an underdog status which for some reason i liked.

Josh Smith had a great dunk, that was fucking sweet.

Chris Anderson needs to get off my TV already, he can't even do anything.

My boy Amare pullin' out the greatness. Phoenix is killin' this All-Star event.

Edited by CM Punk

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Yes! I think Josh Smith could be a top 5 dunker right now, with Vince (if healthy), Kobe, T-Mac & J-Rich.

Josh lit it up tonight, loved the dunk wit K-Mart, then bustin out the 'Nique jersey..... He has been the only thing worth watching Hawks basketball for this year, we get him some other weapons, along with Al Harrington & Josh Childress, we'll be dangerous, in a few years.

Thats if they don't leave...oh wait, everybody does, it's the fucking Hawks.

JR got ripped.His Dunks in the 1st round were much better than what he got, very fluid.And he got ripped in not playing in the R/S game.

And Vince is still on top, he was always healthy, just sulking in Toronto.Heh, atleast Toronto have Chris Bosh (who shoulda been Rook/Soph MVP EASILY) to build around now.

Melo's slipped to 4th, behind Bosh, on level with Hinrich.Damn, this class is gonna be dominating the All-Star games in years to come.Bosh shoulda got a fucking All-Star nod before damn Z....

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Melo had 31, hell Amare set the record with 36 last year, so he deserved it, plus it was in Denver, what u expect?

'Melo is on a better team than Bosh, and still averages 20 points a game with 6 rebounds a game, Bosh is the "star" on his team, and he's gettin 16 & 8 a game, I dont see how Bosh could have leaped him?

damn... if it wasn't for richardson, everyone i wanted to win so far would have won.

damn that richardson.

Carter got a better score out of the same dunk (or way similar) Stoudemire did this year. Maybe if it wasn't for that Phoenix would have won it all. That would be impressive. Chris Andersen was awful nervous, as the ball seemed to slip off his hands so easily, and he wouldn't do anything good if he had 2 more hours to try.

JR Smith was impressive too. Too bad there were two better.

The 3-point contest is pretty much a matter of getting in a streak. Richardson won it cause of his ending (how many threes did he miss in the final 2 rows? i don't recall any.), and korver just needs to start hitting more money balls. Allen almost kicked him out of the first round cause of that.

Boykins went through the final two in the skills contest cause he hit the first lucky shot. Not even he was expecting to hit it right away, he was going for the second ball right after the ball went off his hands. Being quick isn't enough as was seen in the last round where he lost to Nash by about 10 seconds.

Shouldn't have said LA would retain the shooting stars, Luke Walton took forever

to score from anywhere. He's the active player, he's supposed to score at least after fewer shots without opposition, no matter if he's great or not.

The big game is tonight. Can't wait. :)

If it wasn't for Josh Smith it would have been an all-Phoenix night. Damn, Q-Rich hitting 9 in a row to beat Korver and Nash setting a record in the Skills Competition as well as putting some sick passes up to Amare in the dunk contest and Team Phoenix obliterating the Shooting Stars field (which they should have, they were the youngest team and had the only All-Star of the current players)...

But yeah Chris Andersen needs to be banned from any further televised competitions of any kind and the NBA needs to bring back the you can replace only maybe one or two screw-ups...16 though? Cmon Birdman go away.

I think the soccer pass dunk was the best of the night, followed secondly by J.R. Smith's behind the back dunk. Josh Smith just brought the fuckin' thunder though every dunk was just filthy and with authority and him leaping over K-Mart and then for his next dunk donning the Nique jersey is going to be Dunk Contest lore.

Guest Bluesman

'Melo didn't deserve MVP. My jaw dropped when they said he had 31, as I had no idea he had that many points. I seriously thought they said 11, I didn't ever remember him doing anything. Oh well, it's the closest 'Melo will get to any MVP award in his career.

Andersen's first dunk shouldn't have been tried (the difficulty and timing with ball was too high), but it was sad watching him get shit on when he took off from the SAME SPOT that Josh Smith did. And then it's his fault when he gives J.R. Smith good passes, and his fault when Smith can't pass for shit and he has to catch the ball by the tips of his fingers. It was nice to see such fair treatment from the announcers when Amare was having trouble on his 2nd Nash dunk. Josh Smith really had a great display, very versatile and the Wilkins thing was nice.

Despite what others say, I didn't want LeBron in the contest. I have seen nothing from him that shows he'll do any better than someone like say, Amare, who needs Nash to make it to the finals. Of course he'd instantly make it to the finals because he's LeBron.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

Rodman Not Returning?

Chicago Tribune (registration required): "Dennis Rodman finally has settled down. So says one of his closest friends, revealing that one of the NBA's most notorious bad boys has become a conscientious family man, going to church on Sundays and abstaining from alcohol."

Guest Bluesman

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Jason Kidd's agent, Jeff Schwartz reportedly asked the Nets to trade Kidd to Minnesota.

When asked about it, Kidd gave a non-denial denial: "Not that I know of."

Kidd has gone back and forth all season long on whether he wishes to remain with New Jersey or be traded to a championship contender.

The Nets broke up a team that went to the Finals twice by trading away Kenyon Martin and Kerry Kittles this past offseason.

Peja and Odom's contract don't match up, so I don't see that happening, even though it would benfit both teams greatly.

And Melo in no way deserved MVP.31 points?So what.Bosh's numbers were 26, 14 (or there abouts) and 4 steals, while guarding the rookies best player, Dwight Howard, while Melo got dominated by Deng for half the game.But I know your all over Melo's dick, so it's pointless.

Allen to the Bucks, and Nuggets would be terrible, IMO.

Cavs'll fall, Lakers will rise, Seattle will slow down a bit, T'Wolves will wake up, Raptors will sneak up.Those are a couple things I see happening in the second half of the season.