Surviving Christmas comes out in record time.

ROC

How did it draw on the Conservative Christian crowd? I haven't seen the movie, but nothing from the trailer indicates it draws on the Christian origins of the holiday, and if the trailer doesn't indicate it I don't understand how it would have any religious base. Passion of the Christ is one thing; it's actually about a Christian figure, but Santa Claus is a completely corporatized bastardization of 4th century Bishop who was known for his charity and then executed for his faith. Not much of that guy in Santa, or what Christmas With the Cranks suggests to be the essence of Santa.

How did it draw on the Conservative Christian crowd? I haven't seen the movie, but nothing from the trailer indicates it draws on the Christian origins of the holiday, and if the trailer doesn't indicate it I don't understand how it would have any religious base. Passion of the Christ is one thing; it's actually about a Christian figure, but Santa Claus is a completely corporatized bastardization of 4th century Bishop who was known for his charity and then executed for his faith. Not much of that guy in Santa, or what Christmas With the Cranks suggests to be the essence of Santa.

It got GREAT reviews from Christian organizations. And, I guess, Christians trust each other when it comes to watching movies...

It got GREAT reviews from Christian organizations. And, I guess, Christians trust each other when it comes to watching movies...

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

What's funny about Surviving Christmas is that as bad as it apparently is, and as bad word of mouth as it's gotten, and as poorly asit did in the theatre, at the Hollywood Video where I work, we can't KEEP it on the shelf. And we've got 40+ copies of the thing. So who knows?