Juliette & The Licks

tristy

“I live for the sweat I drip on stage” says Juliette Lewis, of Juliette & the Licks. “My goal is to give everything, all the energy I possess and inject the audience with it.” And that’s exactly what the rabid Warped Tour concert-goers will get – an injection of energy!

“Indeed, the actress-turned-rocker brought the same kind of unpredictable intensity that makes her film roles so memorable to her new music project, Juliette & the Licks, writhing, posing and mugging like a cross between Iggy Pop and Steven Tyler,” noted the Los Angeles Times of a recent performance.

The Licks became a reality when Juliette accompanied Patty Schemel (Hole) to a Blondie concert and found herself staring at fate. She became instantly inspired by the “live” element of the show and knew it was her calling. Juliette began to reach out to everyone she knew to find musicians to accompany herself and Patty and soon, she found what she was looking for. The Licks became: Juliette (vocals), Patty Schemel (drums), Todd Morse (guitar) and Paul Ill (bass). “Todd Morse (H20) is not only an amazing songwriter but a perfect punk-rock rhythm guitarist,” says Juliette. “Paul Ill I’ve nicknamed 'Professor Ill' because he can reference anything from Faces to Black Sabbath to the Police.”

With all the members in place, the studio was the next stop and the Licks went in to record eight songs. “Here's what I have to say about our first album; it was very important to me to capture the spirit of our live show, which is all about urgency and an unpredictable element. We wrote songs that we thought would be fun to perform live.”