ESPN NBA 2K5 (XBox) help

Guest John Cena

Guest John Cena

I have a general question about gameplay. Every time I get a player in the paint, sometimes backing down the defender, (let's say I am playing as Shaq) I don't have a problem scoring. But the thing is they always do these layups when often times I'd like them to go for a dunk. How do I do that because I can't for the life of me figure out how and it's a bit annoying. The only time I can pull off dunks of any kind are on fast breaks.

Guest John Cena

I'm playing an association as the Miami Heat and this is Shaq we're talking about :-\...

Every time I'm in the paint and I back down the defender, then I hold turbo and press the shoot button and he just turns around and shoots the ball.

Edited by John Cena

Guest John Cena

well the thing is i am pretty sure i did it once or twice a long time ago but haven't since. plus the computer does it to me all the time (let's not comment on the fact that i play bad defense :shifty:)

Guest ch1ppy08

Make sure everything's pretty much clear on the way to the net. It doesn't help going: nbabad.jpg because if you swing around a defender, you're gonna end up laying it up. Trying driving straight down the key!

edit: John Cena, I love your sig. We relly hate those Yanks here in MN!

Edited by ch1ppy08

Also, hitting Y drives to the lane, and doing that and then doing the turbo and shoot thing will usually lead to a dunk. Backing down a defender almost never gets you a dunk unless you become open, because you need to shoot around or over that defender. Using the crossover then hitting Y, I dunk every time with Emeka Okafor on the Bobcats. Just be careful and hitting Y when not driving to the hole will lead to a travelling call.