MLB Offeason Thread

sahyder1

Yeah, the entire Diamondbacks organization is in disarray and when Randy Johnson hsa finally parted ways with them, all Arizona fans will have to look forward to is the waining years of Luis Gonzalez's career and waiting for J.D. Drew's little bro, Stephen, to make it to the majors. Outside of that, there will be no reason to go see that team. And everyone thought the 1997 Marlins breakdown was the worst ever. They made it back in 2003. It is going to take more than 6 years for Arizona to be any good again.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Yankees got Hudson why in the world would they trade him to 'Zona for the Big Unit. I'm one of Randy's biggest fans and have been for the last 10 years. But realisticly, Tim Hudson is way better then Unit. Hudson has 7-10 more years of great pitiiching left while Randy has 1-3, and he's cheaper. Arizona is stupid! I wouldn't even trade all that plus Ted Lilly for Johnson. No player over 40 is worth that much!

The Yankees are trying so hard to get focus off the whole Giambi fiasco, they made two trades in one day. Kenny Lofton to Philly for Felix Rodriguez and Felix Heredia to the Mets for Mike Stanton. Too bad that they didn't pick up the big name that would make a lot of New Yorkers stop calling into WFAN about roids, Randy Johnson. Oh wait, that would take a miracle with what Arizona wants.

And whats up with the Tigers all of a sudden, opening up those wallets. They've already made an offer to Carl Pavano for 4yr 40mill. They are also said to be pursuing heavily Derek Lowe, Jeff Kent, and Odalis Perez.

Damn...Brad Radke is still a Twin. LA better get on the ball and get one of the free agent pitchers out there. Offering salary arbitration to Wilson Alvarez is not gonna help me sleep any better. Letting Hideo Nomo go will ease my mind though. And Beltre got offered arbitration too but he'll probably reject it and let the market work his value out. The Yankees are going to regret letting Jon Lieber go. Jaret Wright and Eric Milton will end up being overpaid and will not be able to do what Lieber did for the Yankees last year. Provide a consistent guy in the back of the rotation. He took $7 million a year in Philly after NY dropped him and his $8 million option. One million less and they could've kept him. Now to compensate as always Steinbrenner will overpay for someone who stinks instead of keeping the people he has around. Oh well...Yankees suck anyway. Have fun trying to shed yourself of Jason Giambi's contract and problems.

It's a sad day for me with Carlos Delgado offically an ex-Jay.

The news that the Jays are the ffont runners for both Matt Clement and Corey Koskie has cusioned the blow though.

I've also heard they are in trade talks for a #2 starting pitcher. Apparently everyone except Vernon Wells and Roy Halladay are tradeable. Why isn't Lilly on that list?!?!?!?

All runs seem to come to an end these days. Barry Larkin is out in Cincinatti, Delgado is out in Toronto. At least Biggio got picked back up by Houston. Maybe somebody can finish their career with just one team for the first time since I think Tony Gwynn.

And about Ted Lilly, the Blue Jays organization obviously doesn't have much respect for this guy. I read that off the ridiculous list that Arizona wanted in that whole Yankees trade scenario, Lilly was the only one that the Yankees inquired about and they were set on the players (2 minor leaguers) but could not even remotely agree on monetary compensation and the deal was squashed within not even a day.

The White Sox have signed Jermaine Dye. The contract states that he will get $4 million next year, $5 million in 2006, and $6 million in 2007 with a $1.15 million buyout. He is expected to replace Magglio Ordonez in the ChiSox outfield.

As for their Central Division foes, the Detroit Tigers, they are still the highest offer on the table so far for Carl Pavano and are in talks now with Steve Finley and Jeff Kent now that each was not offered arbitration by their respective teams. They are also looking at Derek Lowe.

To keep the Central Division theme going, Corey Koskie said he would graciously take a paycut from what his market is to stay with the Twins...on one condition. If he gets a no-trade clause, Koskie says he would accept Minnesota's offer of 2 yrs, $9mil.

The Royals will most likely lose OF Aaron Guiel to the Rule 5 Draft. He didn't do much last season due to blurred vision. He is out to prove to KC that his eye is fine and he wants to do it for another team.

For the Indians, financial terms are being worked out in a deal that would send All-Star outfielder Matt Lawton to Pittsburgh for reliever Arthur Rhodes. It would be the second time Rhodes would be traded this offseason.

I didn't think that Jeff Kent was a necessary signing but he finally gives the Dodgers lineup another hitter with power. This will relegate Alex Cora to spot duty but he can play short as well so any day that Kent or Izturis need a day off, he can spell them.

Ex-Dodger Steve Finley is close to signing with Anaheim and could be announced as soon as today.

Ugh. The Tigers were courting Glaus, Kent, and Finley and by the looks of it wont be getting any of them. Pavano should sign with Detroit and hopefully they can pick up Derek Lowe as well. He was simply phenominal in the postseason. I still say the Tigers need 1-2 more bats. Without some new blood hitting, the Tigers wont win.

Ugh.  The Tigers were courting Glaus, Kent, and Finley and by the looks of it wont be getting any of them.  Pavano should sign with Detroit and hopefully they can pick up Derek Lowe as well.  He was simply phenominal in the postseason.  I still say the Tigers need 1-2 more bats.  Without some new blood hitting, the Tigers wont win.