Napoleon Dynamite

THIR13EN²

alright, I just wanted to know what everyone who saw Napoleon Dynamite thought of the show. I've heard good and bad, that some people find it funny, while other people not so much so. Being someone who's watched the movie, the first time I thought it was dumb, but after watching it a second time I found it to be a little more funny. I think it's one of those movies that's not for everyone. Personally, I felt that the beginning of the movie was the best, and as the movie continued, it slowly started to lose momentum.

what does everyone else think?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely hated it. I found it boring as hell, and not part made me crack a smile, much less laugh. I hated Napoleon the entire movie and wanted to see him get beaten up and cry, which would have made me at least smile. It would have taken him getting hit by a bus, then a marching band running over him for me to laugh. So yea, I gave it like .5/10.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

10/10! loved it!

"Back in '82 i could throw the pigskin a quarter-mile...

Watch this.....(picks up Kipp's steak and hits Napoleon in the face as he rides by....)

How much you wanna bet i can throw this ball over those mountains over there"

LOL

The dialogue of the movie is what makes it so funny...subtleties are the funniest parts. It's not a blatant slapstick laugh out loud kind of movie, it has those kind of parts, but I think the funniest are the things that come out of everyone's mouth.

"I caught you a delicious bass...wanna play me?"

- Jason_

Here's the deal with this movie...

For months all I heard was that this movie was ridiculously funny and that it was easily the best movie of the year, from basically everyone. So I rented it with high hopes and it was without a doubt the most disappointing movie I have ever seen. The plot was awful, the dialogue was formulaic and not funny in the most ambiguous sense of the word. To be honest I can count the number of funny occurances in the movie on one hand and for a movie that was hyped up as much as it was, it was bluntly put, AWFUL.

Here's the deal with this movie...

For months all I heard was that this movie was ridiculously funny and that it was easily the best movie of the year, from basically everyone.  So I rented it with high hopes and it was without a doubt the most disappointing movie I have ever seen.  The plot was awful, the dialogue was formulaic and not funny in the most ambiguous sense of the word.  To be honest I can count the number of funny occurances in the movie on one hand and for a movie that was hyped up as much as it was, it was bluntly put, AWFUL.