Napoleon Dynamite

THIR13EN²

Here's the deal with this movie...

For months all I heard was that this movie was ridiculously funny and that it was easily the best movie of the year, from basically everyone.  So I rented it with high hopes and it was without a doubt the most disappointing movie I have ever seen.  The plot was awful, the dialogue was formulaic and not funny in the most ambiguous sense of the word.  To be honest I can count the number of funny occurances in the movie on one hand and for a movie that was hyped up as much as it was, it was bluntly put, AWFUL.

You're such an idiot. GOSH!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the deal with this movie...

For months all I heard was that this movie was ridiculously funny and that it was easily the best movie of the year, from basically everyone.  So I rented it with high hopes and it was without a doubt the most disappointing movie I have ever seen.  The plot was awful, the dialogue was formulaic and not funny in the most ambiguous sense of the word.  To be honest I can count the number of funny occurances in the movie on one hand and for a movie that was hyped up as much as it was, it was bluntly put, AWFUL.

You're such an idiot. GOSH!

I like his long drawn-out sighs and the funniest part is either when he sacks himself taking Pedro's bike over a jump or else when he gets shoved into a locker, waits like 3 minutes and then makes a feeble effort to kick at the guy who pushed him, who by that time was half way down the hall :lol:

I got the DVD for my friend Janelle for Christmas and came over 2 days later and she had already watched it 6 times, she was reciting it word for word when I finally had to tell her to let me hear the damn movie, at least for the first time watching it. I agree, this will be a major cult classic...

"Hi Napoleon? I just called to let you know...I can go to the dance with you."

"Really? Ok I'll pick you up at 6?"

"Yeah that sounds great."

".......K bye."

:lol:

Guest BacknBlackHoez

I liked how Napoleon walked for like 3 minutes, then finally got out of the house while he was on the phone.

"Hello........This is Napoleon Dynamite.......Im like one of Pedro's best friends.......(he's not here).......K, Bye"

I loved it when he asked the guy for the pin, then threw it down the hall-way, then ran up the stairs! lol

"Tina, come get your food you fat lard!"

"Uncle Rico what the flip were you doin' at my girlfriends house!"

Rico: So how are things with you're girlfriend? Gettin' kinda serious?

Kip: Well, we've been talking online for like 3 hours everday. So, I guess you could say we're getting serious yea.

Hahahaha, great flick. Me and my buddies watched it with my bro. Everyone on in the room was just laughin' our asses off. Agreed though, the first 15 about minutes was just great then it died down, but not to bad. Oh yea another great line, by Rex Kwon Do:

"You think I got these killer muscles and where I am today by dressing like Peter Pan over here(points to Napolean)?"

I saw it with low expectations and i really enjoyed it, lots of classic stuff, Napoleons older brother was hilarious, i like his heavy breathing and just the general quirkiness of his character (and the other characters too), good stuff.

Guest Deathblow

This was on the quotes page on iMDB but I don't remember seeing it in the movie...was it a deleted scene?

Don: [playing kickball] Hey, Napoleon. Did you wet the bed last night?

Napoleon Dynamite: Hey, Don, did you take a dump in your bed last night?

Don: I could kick your butt, Napoleon, so I'd shut up.

Napoleon Dynamite: Why don't you go tell your mom to shut up?

Don: What did you say?

Napoleon Dynamite: Whatever I feel like I wanna say.

Don: Did you say something about my mom?

Napoleon Dynamite: Maybe I did, maybe I didn't.

Don: Do you wanna die, Napoleon?

Napoleon Dynamite: Yeah right. Who's the only one here who knows the illegal ninja moves from the government?

Don: Step up, Napoleon.

Napoleon Dynamite: [slaps him and runs]

Napoleon: Do the chickens have large talons?

Farmer: Do they have what?

Napoleon: Large talons.

Farmer: I don't understand a word you just said.

Pedro: Do you think people will vote for me?

Napoleon: Heck yes! I'd vote for you.

Pedro: Like what are my skills?

Napoleon: Well, you have a sweet bike. And you're really good at hooking up with chicks. Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache.

Napoleon: I caught you a delicious bass.

That time machine looked awesome. :shifty:

TDK