Bonnaroo 2005

tristy

Yeah, the official line-up was confirmed today I believe, and among others, Dave Matthews Band, Joss Stone and...The Mars Volta were announced to be playing at Bonnaroo! :w00t:

I'm actually going this year, if all goes well, but the ticket prices are fucking insane. $150 or so a ticket, I think.

I just thought I'd share that. I know we have maybe 3 other members who live in Tennessee, and a few that live around TN. So, yeah.

Guest Locutus of Borg

Full artist list hasn't been completed, but here's who's performing so far:

Widespread Panic (2 shows)

Dave Matthews Band

Jack Johnson

The Allman Brothers Band

Alison Krauss & Union Station

Modest Mouse

Gov't Mule

Bela Fleck Acoustic Trio

The Mars Volta

John Prine

Yonder Mountain String Band

My Morning Jacket

Keller Williams

Sound Tribe Sector 9

Earl Scruggs & Friends

Joss Stone

O.A.R.

Toots and the Maytals

Umphrey's McGee

Iron & Wine

Ozomatli

Rilo Kiley

Karl Denson's Tiny Universe

Drive-by Truckers

Particle

Joanna Newsom

Xavier Rudd

Ray LaMontagne

The Gourds

The Secret Machines

Donna the Buffalo

John Butler Trio

Ollabelle

Citizen Cope

Brazilian Girls

M. Ward

Madeleine Peyroux

------------------------------------------

Another great lineup. I wish I was going to be there, but I heard from a few people I know that went that it turned into a lot of "just-there-to-be-cool-and-say-I-went-and-got-smashed" kind of frat kids instead of the true fans. I'd love to go to see Widespread Panic, but I get to see them on March 29 anyways. Hopefully moe., Kings of Leon, and North Mississippi Allstars will stay off of Bonnaroo's list this year and hit here at the Chattanooga Riverbend Festival.

Ray LaMontagne

I just saw that guy on Conan. Seems like a terrific lineup, especially with Bela Fleck, etc.

Bela Fleck > **

Guest Locutus of Borg

I saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones last November. It was an amazing show. Didn't get to see his Acoustic Trio when he was on the Acoustic Planet tour with Keller Williams and Yonder Mountain String Band, however, so I don't know about the Trio.

As for Dave Matthews Band, enjoy them while they're there. I'm becoming close to convinced that they could be close to the end. Probably seeing the same demise as Phish -- the frontman (in this case Dave, in Phish's case Trey Anistasio) starts to get an ego, the band decides to split while they're still friends before they self-destruct and possibly do a reunion in a decade.