Fire Pro Wrestling for GBA

Guest Anti-Hero

Guest Iron Mary

I'd been looking for an alternative portable wrestling title to the shitty WWE GBA games, and I've heard that Fire Pro is a decent game. I bought it on eBay for $AUD23.50 (inc postage) and I was wondering what anyone's experiences with the game are. Thanks.

Was it 1 or 2? I've played both but prefer 1 to 2 because of 2's pissing off career type mode.

Both games are good once you get a grasp on the control scheme and timing, and there's plenty of features to keep you playing along with the awesome create a wrestler.

Too bad only Japan got the good copy with the management part of the game.

Have fun trying to figure out who the shitty made up wrestlers are trying to emulate too.

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Awesome, I was actually considering making a topic about this game earlier today. It's been the most played game out of everything in my GBA collection. It's not that hard to figure out who the wrestlers are supposed to be (and you can always go and rename them and change their pallette colors to the way they should be in edit mode). I really miss my copy of Fire Pro 1, I've only got 2 now because I traded 1 in after I got it, the career mode in 1 was awesome. 2's was frustrating, but not impossible if you were playing with someone good. I'm gonna try to pick FPW 1 back up sometime soon if I can. Also, these games are HARD initially when you're not used to the control scheme, so turn the difficulty down as low as possible for a while in the beginning. Have fun in the electrified/exploding cage.

Guest Crimson Nightmare

I finally repurchased the first game today, after looking for another copy for so long. I was grossly overcharged for it, which is fine, because the game I traded in for some credit to help pay it off..I was grossly overpaid for. It seems to be relatively untouched, I was gonna laugh if it was the exact same game I had years ago with the entire damn roster with their names fixed, but alas, no dice. Looks like I've got some work ahead of me.