Next Level of Wrestling

Falling Grace

August 14, 2004

Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky

The scene fades into a halfway sold out Rupp Arena with NLW signs abound. After panning around the place, giving you a feel for what should be a pretty hot crowd, the cameras settle in on Shane Sneer and Daman Washington ringside.

Shane Sneer: Hello folks and welcome to Falling Grace! We've got a pretty decent show lined up, wouldn't ya say Daman?

Daman Washington: Pretty decent? Any show that features Danny Rushmore and Brent Hill for a World Title is worth paying for. It's gonna be hot.

Shane Sneer: We're starting things off with an intergender match, what are the stips again?

Daman Washington: If the Brendon sisters can win, then they will be given a spot in the Tag Team Invitational.

Shane Sneer: And if Cox and Brown win?

Daman Washington: Then I guess they'll have a spot in the Tag Team Invitational.

Shane Sneer: Should be good. Let's get to it!

Brendon Sisters vs. Jimmy Cox/Jerome Brown

Michelle Brendon started things off against Jimmy Cox, who apparently can't take his eyes off of her chest. Michelle's able to smack him in the mouth, then lift him with a vertical suplex thanks to his distraction. Michelle drops an elbow, then another before getting up and tagging in Tracy. Tracy waits until Cox starts to get to his feet, then dropkicks him in the front of the knee. Cox drops down, but manages to grab Tracy by the legs and trip her up as well. He goes to slap on a headlock, but finds himself mesmerized by her hair. He starts to sniff her hair, which allows her to flip him over with a snapmare takedown. Jerome Brown's seen enough and reaches over the top rope, smacking Cox and tagging himself into the match.

Shane Sneer: Tracy was definately better off with Jimmy Cox. Jerome Brown's not a happy guy.

Daman Washington: He realizes this is his opportunity to get a spot on the active roster, he's not going to worry about the gender of the opponents.

Shane Sneer: And he shouldn't. They want to be treated as equals...let em.

Tracy with a couple of forearm shots to Brown, but all he does is shove her down to the mat. She scurries back to the corner, still seated on the mat and Brown follows her, talking the entire time. He grabs her by the hair, pulling her to her feet, but Tracy responds with an open hand slap to the face of Brown! He takes the blow and rubs his cheek, then smiles. He picks Tracy up and slams her into the mat, pulling her to the middle of the ring. He comes off the ropes and drops a knee into the side of her head. Brown picks her back up off the mat, sending her into the ropes, then lifts Tracy up with a military press, dropping her all the way down to the mat face first. Brown smiles again, knowing this match is in his complete control. He sends Tracy into the ropes again, but this time she ducks a clothesline from Brown, then bounces off the other side and knocks Brown back with a rolling kick! She takes advantage of this and quickly makes it to the corner, tagging in Michelle, who comes off the top rope and takes a charging Jerome Brown down with a head scissors takedown! Brown tags in Cox, wanting no more of Michelle.

Shane Sneer: Michelle showing why she's regarded as one of the best women in the World.

Daman Washington: What is Jimmy Cox doing now? He's not even going after Michelle, he's just spinning in circles.

Shane Sneer: My four year old does that.

Daman Washington: But why is HE doing that?

Cox manages to get himself dizzy and finally stops spinning. He stumbles into a kick from Michelle, who then plants him with a DDT. Michelle tags back in Tracy, who comes off the top rope with a senton splash! Tracy makes the cover on Cox and gets the three count from Jay Fair! Jerome Brown is standing on the apron, looking stunned as the Brendon Sisters celebrate their way to the back. Brown finally steps into the ring, just as Cox is getting to his feet. Brown asks him what the hell he was doing and Cox just cocks his head to the side, looking at Brown like a curious puppy. That apparently doesn't satisfy Brown, who throws Cox into the ropes, tossing him into the air and catching him out of mid-air with an implant DDT! Brown rolls out of the ring, right in front of Washington.

Jerome Brown: I'm gon' be in dat tourney, believe that homeboy. But I'm bringin' my own partnah, not some chump like that.

Brown looks Washington up and down, then makes his way to the back.

Shane Sneer: Well how bout it? Is he going to be in the tag team invitational?

Daman Washington: Kid's got passion. I like that. If he can find himself a partner, he can be in the tournament.

Shane Sneer: And how bout those Brendon Sisters? They earned a spot as well Daman!

Daman Washington: That they did, but I gotta wonder if Jimmy Cox hadn't been involved in the match, would they make it?

Shane Sneer: We'll find out next month at Hard Times.

Daman Washington: Right now, it looks like there will be a score settled. Billy Russell didn't have to get involved in that last match, but I have a feeling he'll be involved in this one.

Shane Sneer: Billy Russell, retired by Percy Snow, is now a special outside the ring enforcer here in NLW, but only gets action when necessary.

Daman Washington: This match, it WILL be necessary.

Mean Jean Cattley vs. Barry Kingman

Cattley attacks Kingman as soon as he steps through the ropes, pounding him with forearms to the back, sending him into the corner. Cattley with a kick to the midsection, then another, then more forearms, not wasting a moment while taking the fight right to Kingman. Cattley closes in, raising a knee to Kingman's midsection, and another, then a third. Cattley finally pulls Kingman out of the corner, snap suplexing him to the middle of the mat. Cattley stands back up, then drops a knee to Kingman's forehead before shoving Fair out of his way and heading outside. He climbs the turnbuckles, placing one foot on the top. Kingman gets to his feet and Cattley leaps off with a double axe handle, but Kingman counters with a punch to the ribs, doubling Cattley over. Kingman picks Cattley up with a gutwrench suplex, dropping him on his back, then dropping an elbow. Kingman picks Cattley up, sending him into the ropes. Kingman puts his head down for a back body drop, but Cattley kicks him instead, then grabs Kingman by the head and runs him over the top rope to the outside where the enforcer, Billy Russell, immediately runs over to check on him. Cattley doesn't wait for Russell to clear out, he takes a charge and dives through the ropes with a shoulderblock, taking Kingman and Russell down on the concrete!

Shane Sneer: Cattley taking this fight to the outside! Russell was just checking on Kingman and now he's paying the price.

Daman Washington: Cattley is definately going to be the aggressor. He's out to prove a point tonight.

Shane Sneer: Messing with Billy Russell was probably not the best idea though.

Daman Washington: Russell happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. You can't fault Cattley for that though.

Cattley stands up, looking at the damage, then picks up Kingman. Cattley pushes him into the guardrail, then unloads with a chop to the chest. Cattley winds up and charges, knocking Kingman over the guardrail! Cattley starts to climb over with him, but's stopped by Billy Russell! Russell grabs Cattley, telling him to take it back into the ring and finish it there. Cattley ignores Russell and continues on his way. Russell grabs Cattley, pulling him back, then rolling him into the ring. Cattley starts to climb back out, but Jay Fair threatens him with a disqualification. Russell helps Kingman over the guardrail, checking on him and making sure he's alright before rolling him back into the ring.

Shane Sneer: This may be an I Quit match, but Russell's showing that there are still rules.

Daman Washington: It's an I Quit match, and weapons are allowed, but it has to be in the ring.

Shane Sneer: I see. So Billy was just enforcing that?

Daman Washington: Exactly.

Shane Sneer: That's we have the Owner at ringside folks, to keep us informed of the rules.

Cattley stomps down on Kingman, keeping him on the mat, then driving an elbow into the back of his neck before locking in a reverse chin lock, trying to wear Kingman down. He doesn't keep the move on, instead opting to drag Kingman to the corner. Cattley lays the back of Kingman's head on the bottom turnbuckle, then backs up to the middle of the ring. He runs and leaps, but Kingman rolls out of the way, causing Cattley to land on the bottom turnbuckle, his legs spread. Kingman gets to his feet just long enough to plant Cattley with a reverse DDT before falling on top of him. Kingman rolls off of Cattley, pulling himself up by using the top rope. Cattley tries coming up behind Kingman, but Kingman senses his presence and nails him with a back elbow. Kingman turns around and takes Cattley down with a tornado punch! Kingman kneels down next to Cattley and fires rapid right hands into his head! Kingman's going to town on Cattley and Fair can't do anything about it. Kingman finally lets Cattley go, but drags him over to the ropes, laying him flat on his back on the mat under the bottom rope. Kingman goes for a slingshot, which just drives Cattley throat first into the bottom rope! Kingman repeats this, then drags Cattley to the middle of the ring.

Shane Sneer: Kingman in control now, but what's he setting Cattley up for here?

Daman Washington: Could be just about anything.

Shane Sneer: Kingman's sliding out of the ring, where he's going?

Daman Washington: He's got a chair and brought it into the ring Shane, perfectly legal in this match.

Shane Sneer: But what's he doing with it? He's laying it across Cattley's face!

Kingman bounces off the ropes, delivering a legdrop to the chair and smashing it into Cattley's face. Kingman re-places the chair there, making sure it's not moving, then bounces off the ropes and delivers another legdrop to the chair, driving it into the face of Cattley! Kingman picks Cattley up to his feet, punching him in the head, then looking for an irish whip. Cattley ducks a clothesline and manages to connect with a swinging neckbreaker! Cattley rolls out of the ring, trying to catch his breath but Billy Russell's there and orders him back into the ring. Cattley responds with a right hand to Russell, then starts stomping away at him. Kingman rolls out of the ring and pulls Cattley off of Russell, firing a right hand that knocks Cattley back. Cattley grabs Kingman by the arm and sends him back first into the steel pole. Cattley reaches into the ring and pulls out the chair. He lines it up with Kingman's head, then cocks it back to swing. Russell gets to his feet and pushes Kingman out of the way, but that just puts him in direct line for the chair shot. Cattley continues with the swing and sandwiches Russell's head between the chair and the pole!

Shane Sneer: Oh dear God! Russell just slumped to the ground Daman, he needs help.

Daman Washington: Any EMT's in the back, PLEASE get out here right away. Billy Russell needs immediate medical attention.

Shane Sneer: Cattley slides into the ring with the chair, setting it up in the middle of the ring. He's not going to take a seat, is he?

Daman Washington: Hardly, he's pulling Kingman into the ring now!

Cattley grabs Kingman, sending him hard into the corner, then lifts him up to the top turnbuckle. Cattley climbs up with him and hooks Kingman in a front facelock. He lifts him into the air and drops him back with a huge superplex right onto the steel chair, crushing it in the middle of the ring! Cattley stands up, clutching at his middle back, but then picks Kingman up. Cattley locks in the crossface, bringing him down to the mat and yanking back! Kingman, nearly out of it but in immense pain, has no choice but to scream the words "I Quit" causing Jay Fair to call for the bell.

Shane Sneer: Cattley won this match, but the focus right now is on Billy Russell. EMT's are loading him onto a stretcher and I can only hope he's ok.

Daman Washington: This is my fault. I put him out there as an enforcer. None of this would have happened if it wasn't for me.

Shane Sneer: You can't blame yourself. Cattley did the damage, not you.

Daman Washington: Cattley lives up to his name as Mean Jean. I hope Billy's ok.

Shane Sneer: Cattley is rolling out of the ring, maybe those EMT's should check in on Kingman too. That superplex onto the chair could have caused damage.

Daman Washington: We'll get everything taken care of.

Shane Sneer: Well, we've got The Guru standing by with his client, Tim Westbrook!

Sure enough, The Guru is standing next to Tim Westbrook, who's busy doing squat thrusts while The Guru smiles an impressed smile, then turns to the camera.

The Guru: This...is a champion. Brent Hill...is not a champion. Brent Hill is an old man trying to take advantage of his last shot at glory. Brent Hill is not a representation of NLW. Brent Hill is not on the Next Level, he's still wrestling like it was the 80's. Tim Westbrook is the most physically dominant man in the Next Level of Wrestling. He is the man that should stand on top of the mountain, but instead we sit idly by and watch as Brent Hill is dubbed the number one contender. Sickening. Brent Hill, it's time for you to be a man and do what's right. Make the match tonight a triple threat match. Tim Westbrook deserves to be in the main event. You know it as well as I know it. Now make...it...happen.

The Guru's not smiling this time, he's just looking into the camera with a very intense look.

Shane Sneer: The Guru making his point known, but why is he asking Brent Hill?

Daman Washington: It's Brent Hill's title shot, he can do with it what he wants. If he wants to add another guy, then he can.

Shane Sneer: Well, we're going to try and track down Brent Hill, but that's a major challenge Daman, that could change the entire main event!

Daman Washington: This next match will change the Hard Times card. The winner of this match will get to choose the stipulations for their tag team match at Hard Times, which will take place in the first round of the Tag Team Invitational!

Shane Sneer: And it will be the final battle?

Daman Washington: That's right. So this match...is very important.

Chaos Demon 1 vs. Rick Sanders

Sanders and Chaos Demon 1 circle each other, and theirs the collar and elbow tie up and a hugs knee to the midsection of Sanders by Chaos Demon 1. As Sanders doubles over, Chaos Demon 1 grabs his head and whips him down to the canvas harshly following it by grinding his forearm into the cheek bone of Sanders.

Shane Sneer: Nice display of power their by Chaos Demon 1 and now that grinding forearm to the face which can be so painful.

Daman Washington: Chaos Demon's playing to his strengths, using his raw power.

Shane Sneer: Sanders got to use his brain and find a way to counter the strength of Chaos Demon.

Fair immediately berates Chaos Demon 1 over the illegal maneuver and starts his five counts. However, Sanders kicks out of it and is back on his feet. He throws a quick punch to Chaos Demon 1's face which has no effect. Sanders tries it again meeting up with the same end result. He tries one more time again, meeting the same result as the previous two times. The crowd is stunned as Chaos Demon 1 just screams back at Sanders causing him to stagger back.

Shane Sneer: Man the intensity of Chaos Demon 1 is unmatched! He is one man I would NOT want to see in a dark alley!

Daman Washington: Sanders can't get intimidated, that would be the absolute worst thing to happen.

Shane Sneer: It's not like he really has a choice here.

After backing off slightly, Sanders tries one last to punch Chaos Demon 1, only this time Chaos Demon 1 blocks the punch and viciously clotheslines him to the ground! The sheer impact alone causes the audience to gasp. Wasting no time, Chaos Demon 1 bends down grabbing Sanders from off the canvas by his neck and lifting him up in a lifting chokehold. As his legs flailed all about, Sanders began to gas desperately then poked Chaos Demon 1 in the eye out of pure reflex. Releasing his hold of Sanders, Chaos Demon 1 keeled over holding his eye, while Sanders fell to his knees clasping his neck trying take back in some much needed oxygen. After a few brief moments, an enraged Chaos Demon charged at Sanders who cleverly countered Chaos Demon 1 to the ground with a drop toe hold.

Shane Sneer: Look at that, Sanders is so resourceful and calm under pressure. He just countered the size of Chaos Demon!

Daman Washington: That was a great way to do it too. Sanders is now showing he's got a temper, look at those kicks!

After stomping Chaos Demon 1 like a wild man, Sanders lifted Chaos Demon 1 up and whipped him into the ropes, as he bounced back, Sanders leapt in the air drop kicking him down to the canvas. Sanders goes for a pin, but Chaos Demon kicks out. Quickly hopping up after being tossed off of Chaos Demon, the crowd begins to writhe anxiously as Sanders sizes Chaos Demon 1 up. As Chaos Demon 1 is finally to his feet and turns, Sanders goes in for the kill, however Chaos Demon 1 catches his leg. Sanders uses an insiguri to take Chaos Demon down! With Chaos Demon 1 lying sprawled out on the ground from the enziguri, Sanders climbs out of the ring and then up to the top turnbuckle. Sanders comes off with an elbow drop, then goes for a pin, but Chaos Demon still kicks out. After the kick out, Sanders bangs against the mat in frustration arguing with Fair over count. Fair stands his ground holding up two fingers while Sanders immediately goes to work on Chaos Demon 1 by locking him in a grounded headlock submission.

Shane Sneer: And this is a smart hold to put on Chaos Demon 1 here. Keep the big man grounded.

Daman Washington: Not only that, but it's cutting off the oxygen flow, which will help with the wearing down process.

A few moments pass and Sanders finally releases the hold, pulling Chaos Demon to his feet. He goes to send Chaos Demon into the ropes, but Chaos Demon reverses it. Chaos Demon catches Sanders coming off and plants him with a sidewalk slam! Chaos Demon backs up to the second turnbuckle, then comes off and lands on Sanders with a huge legdrop! Chaos Demon makes the cover and Jay Fair is right there to make the three count!

Shane Sneer: The Chaos Demons will name the stipulations for their match against the Good Ol' Boys at Hard Times!

Daman Washington: I have a feeling this match is going to bring some of that Japanese violence to the table.

Shane Sneer: And it may even involve a table!

Daman Washington: That's a very good point.

Shane Sneer: While we get ready for our next match-up, we have Brent Hill backstage and he says he's ready to respond to The Guru and Tim Westbrook!

The cameras go backstage where Brent Hill is standing in front of an NLW banner in his wrestling gear. Then he starts talking in his thick southern accent.

Brent Hill: Tim Wayestbrook! You want a piece of me? You wan' rassle for the NLW World Title? That's fine by me boy. I've never ducked a challenge in my life and I ain't bouts to start now. I'll be seein' you...in the main evayent!

Hill walks off and Shane Sneer is going nuts at the announce table.

Shane Sneer: We've got a triple threat Daman!

Daman Washington: It looks like we do. Danny Rushmore, Tim Westbrook, and Brent Hill, but only one can walk out with the World Title!

Shane Sneer: What a main event this will be!

Percy Snow vs. Eddie Howard

Percy locks up with Howard, quickly being put in a side headlock. Percy manages to shove Howard off and into the ropes, but Howard ducks a Snow clothesline and connects with a flying lariat of his own, knocking Snow to the mat. Howard goes for an early pin but Snow gets out easily.

Shane Sneer: Howard should know you can't beat Snow this early with just a flying lariat.

Daman Washington: It's all a part of wrestling, Shane. You gotta wear the opponent down.

Shane Sneer: By pinning them? I've never bought into that.

Daman Washington: They waste energy kicking out, so yes.

Howard lifts Snow into the air with a vertical suplex, dropping him back, but hanging on and lifting him back into the air for back to back vertical suplexes! Howard gets to his feet and looks around at the crowd, who are clearly behind him. Howard stands over Percy, measuring him, then quickly drops an elbow straight to his chest before making the cover. Snow again manages to kick out, still before a two count.

Shane Sneer: Still not enough to keep Snow down.

Daman Washington: But everytime Snow has to kick out, he's wasting energy.

Shane Sneer: It doesn't take THAT much energy.

Daman Washington: To move a 250 pound guy off of you? Heh.

Howard with a right hand to Snow, then sends him back first into the corner. Howard goes for the ten punch, but as soon as he reaches six, Snow lifts him into the air and brings him down with an inverted atomic drop. Howard falls to the mat, clutching himself while Snow tries to get back to his feet. Howard gets up before Snow and charges but Snow manages to bring him down with a drop toe hold, Howard landing throat first on the bottom rope. Snow immediately puts his knee in the upper back of Howard, forcing pressure on the throat. The referee has to pull Snow off and Snow tells the referee what's on his mind.

Shane Sneer: Look, he knows he can't win without using underhanded tactics.

Daman Washington: That's the thing though. Snow COULD win without it, he just chooses not to.

Shane Sneer: Why?

Daman Washington: He's always looked for the easy way out.

Snow turns his attention back to Howard, who's getting to his feet. Snow with a forearm to the chest of Howard then sends him into the ropes, stopping him with a knee to the midsection. Snow with a gutwrench slam makes a cocky cover on Howard, who easily kicks out. Snow turns over and starts driving right hands into the forehead of Howard, then lifts him to his feet, tossing him into the corner. Snow with a two handed choke until the referee breaks it up again.

Shane Sneer: Another choke from Snow! Howard can't combat these dirty tactics.

Daman Washington: He's going to have to find a way.

Shane Sneer: He shouldn't have to though Daman, this isn't right!

Daman Washington: Now Shane, I've seen you do a lot worse than that as a manager, don't you tell me this isn't part of wrestling.

Shane Sneer: ...

Snow with a back elbow to the head of Howard, then sends Howard to the opposite corner. Snow charges, looking for an avalanche but Howard moves and Snow hits the corner! Howard with a german suplex on Snow, bridging out and getting a two count. Both men get to their feet and Snow misses a wild right hand. Howard grabs Snow by the head, driving him into the mat with a reverse DDT, making the cover and this time nearly getting a three count. Howard with a right hand, knocking Snow back into the ropes. Howard charges with a clothesline and both men go over the top rope to the outside! Howard goes to send Snow into the guardrail, but Snow reverses it and Howard hits hard back first. Snow kicks Howard in the midsection, then whips him back first into the ring apron. Snow reaches over the guardrail, moving the fans out of the way and grabs a steel chair.

Shane Sneer: He's not going to...

Daman Washington: I think he is Shane, I think he is.

Howard lifts his head up just in time to get drilled with the steel chair! Jay Fair cringes as he watches, but the action's outside of the ring, outside of his jurisdiction.

Shane Sneer: We need Russell out here.

Daman Washington: You saw what happened to him during the Kingman-Cattley match. I don't think we'll see him anymore tonight.

Snow rolls Howard into the ring, then slides in himself. He lays on top of Howard, staring up at the lights with a smile while Jay Fair makes the three count.

Shane Sneer: Snow finishes off Eddie Howard.

Daman Washington: If Snow ever recognizes his potential, look out because he'll become one of the best.

Shane Sneer: We've only got one match left Daman, the one we've all been waiting for since it was announced.

Daman Washington: That's right. The big triple threat match for the NLW World Championship!

Brent Hill was the first man to the ring, followed by Tim Westbrook. As Rushmore's music started to play, Tim Westbrook decided he was done being patient and attacked Brent Hill, knocking him down to the canvas!

Shane Sneer: Westbrook's not waiting! He's attacking Brent Hill!

Danny Rushmore vs. Brent Hill vs. Tim Westbrook

The referee called for the bell, starting the match while Westbrook continued to stomp away on Hill. Rushmore took off running, sliding into the ring and immediately pulling Westbrook off of Hill, firing a hard right hand to his jaw, followed by four more before clotheslining Westbrook over the top rope! Rushmore's got the crowd fired up and he's fired up himself, but when he turns, he's face to face with Brent Hill. They stare at each other, wondering who'll make the first move. Hill's the first to fire a punch, but Rushmore's not far behind. Hill stops the slugfest, grabbing Rushmore and sending him into the ropes, bending down for a back body drop but exposing his chest at the same time, which is where Rushmore's boot lands. Rushmore picks Hill up, bodyslamming him into the mat, then grabbing Westbrook, who had stepped up onto the apron. Westbrook countered the front face lock with a punch to the ribs, then dropped down, pulling Rushmore's head with him and dropping Rushmore neck first on the top rope! Rushmore stumbles back, hands clutching his throat and walks right into a small package from Hill, which is broken up by Westbrook.

Shane Sneer: Westbrook pulling Hill off the mat and he sends him into the corner.

Daman Washington: Doesn't look like he'll be alone either. Westbrook just sent Rushmore into Hill.

Shane Sneer: What's the key to winning a triple threat match?

Daman Washington: Being opportunistic. You probably won't knock two men out, so you've got to take advantage of every opportunity.

Shane Sneer: Westbrook's creating his own opportunities!

Westbrook charges in, sandwiching Rushmore into Hill into the corner. Westbrook backs up and watches Rushmore fall, then Hill fall on top of him. Westbrook goes for a big splash, but Hill rolls off of Rushmore and Westbrook only comes down on the Champ. Hill and Westbrook get to their feet at the same time with Hill ducking a Westbrook right hand, putting his shoulder into Westbrook's midsection and driving him back to the corner. Hill pulls out, then drives himself in again, the shoulder going right into Westbrook's ribs. Hill climbs up the turnbuckles, looking around the arena before starting to deliver ten straight punches to the side of Westbrook's skull. He gets to seven before Danny Rushmore hits him in the back. Rushmore steps up to the first turnbuckle, clutching Hill at his side, then dropping him back with a big side suplex. Rushmore gets to his feet just in time to get ran over by a Westbrook clothesline. Westbrook sees Hill getting to his feet, then lifts him into the air, hanging upside down on the turnbuckle in the tree of woe position. Westbrook kicked Hill in the ribs, then back up and charged, ramming the side of his body and his knee into Hill. The air seemed to escape Hill's body as he fell to the mat.

Shane Sneer: That lethal rib shot from Westbrook may have crushed the insides of Brent Hill!

Daman Washington: He certainly did some sort of damage. Hill's clutching his ribs in immense pain.

Shane Sneer: Remember, he missed Defining Excellence because of a bad lower back and sore ribs. This is back to the same area.

Daman Washington: It shows that Westbrook, or at least The Guru, have done their research. If you go into a match with a weakness, expect it to be exploited.

Westbrook drops down to one knee next to Brent Hill. Westbrook smiles, then starts firing hard right hands into the head of Hill. Westbrook stands up and turns around, walking right into a two handed sitdown chokeslam from Rushmore! Rushmore goes for the pin, but Fair can only get to two before Westbrook kicks out. Rushmore pulls Hill off the mat, sending him into the ropes, slamming him into the mat with a hard samoan drop! Rushmore gets to his feet but he sees Westbrook getting to his feet as well. Rushmore charges at Westbrook with a clothesline, but Westbrook lifts Rushmore into the air, dropping him chest first on the mat. Westbrook immediately starts stomping away at Rushmore, using boot after boot and letting all of his anger out. Westbrook finally stops and looks out to The Guru, smiling. Guru points at Hill and Westbrook nods his head. Westbrook grabs Hill just as he's getting to his feet, using a couple right hands to keep him off guard. Westbrook lifts Hill up, bringing him down with a shoulderbreaker. Westbrook doesn't release Hill though, he lifts him back up into the air and down with another shoulderbreaker! Westbrook goes to make it a trifecta, but loses track of Rushmore, who comes in with a shoulderblock to the knee of Westbrook! Hill tumbles to the mat and Rushmore goes for a pin on him! Hill manages to kick out just before the three and Rushmore turns his attention to Westbrook.Rushmore lifts Westbrook into the air, then brings him down with a kneebreaker, Westbrook falling immediately to the mat.

Shane Sneer: Back and forth action between these three men. Nobody seems able to maintain the offense.

Daman Washington: It's not going to be an easy task, but whoever steps up their game will be able to. Rushmore seems to be doing a decent job right now.

Shane Sneer: He's got both men down and he's stomping away, but will that be enough?

Rushmore lifts Hill to his feet, placing him in one corner, then grabs Westbrook and places him in an opposite corner. Rushmore looks towards Hill, then charges in, but gets nothing but boots to the face! He spins around, then charges again at Hill, this time with Hill lifting him into the air and causing him to headbutt the top turnbuckle! Hill with a release german suplex, then gets back to his feet, looking at Westbrook in the corner. Hill charges into the corner, climbing up to the turnbuckle before delivering ten straight right hands to Westbrook! After ten, the crowd is pumped, but Westbrook manages to lift Hill into the air and drops him over the top rope! Westbrook looks at Rushmore, then slides out of the ring, focused completely on Brent Hill. Westbrook with a suplex, slamming Hill into the steel aisleway! He doesn't even try to get back to the ring, instead choosing to use right hands on Hill, who gets an energy burst and flips it over. Hill's on top of Westbrook and delivering right hands to Westbrook!

Shane Sneer: Danny Rushmore's getting to his feet in the ring, but does it even matter? These two are fighting their way to the back Daman.

Daman Washington: Rushmore doesn't know what to think. I know he wants to win this match by beating either one of these two challengers, but he may not get that opportunity.

Hill has Westbrook up and sends him into the guardrail, then hooks his leg and drops him back with a fisherman's suplex on the concrete! Jay Fair is in the ring looking at the two and counting, slower than usual but still counting. He's reluctant to count them out, but he's on nine and they're not showing any signs of coming back to the ring. Westbrook manages to get to his feet, trading blows with Hill right in front of the curtains. Both men continue to swing away, all the way through the curtains, disappearing into the back! Jay Fair finally runs out of options and calls for the bell. Rushmore looks at him, unhappy with what's transpiring. Fair tells him what's going on and Rushmore still seems upset. Fair grabs the World Title belt, handing it to Danny Rushmore and raising his hand in victory.

Shane Sneer: Danny Rushmore retains!

Daman Washington: But this isn't how he wanted to do it. Danny wanted the match to end in the ring, I know he did.

Shane Sneer: He's in the ring, but he's not celebrating. Maybe he wants them to come back out?

Daman Washington: He's waiting for-

Shane Sneer: Oh my! I don't think that's what he was waiting for. Mean Jean Cattley is making his way out to the aisleway!

Cattley's ignoring the fans, who are half upset from the weak ending to the main event and half just naturally hateful of Cattley. He's got a microphone and after telling an elderly woman to shut up, he directs his attention to Danny Rushmore in the ring.

Mean Jean Cattley: A double countout?

Cattley lets out a chuckle.

Mean Jean Cattley: What kind of champion are you?

The fans boo Cattley, showing that they're behind Rushmore as the champ.

Mean Jean Cattley: Let's face facts Rushmore. The only reason you've got that belt is because of the screwjob at Breakout where Barry Kingman cheated to beat me.

The boos are starting to get to Cattley now.

Mean Jean Cattley: He cheated dammit! Shut the hell up!

Cattley turns his attention back to Rushmore.

Mean Jean Cattley: I showed Kingman tonight that he's nowhere near my level and as soon as you man up and give me a title shot, I'll show your Paul Bunyon looking ass the same thing!

By this time, Danny Rushmore had grabbed a microphone of his own, looking around the arena, adjusting the belt on his shoulder, then looking towards Cattley.

Danny Rushmore: You want this belt? September 25th, in Cleveland, Ohio...at Hard Times....come and get it tough guy!

Falling Grace fades to black with Rushmore standing in the ring, title over his shoulder.

Quick Results

Brendon Sisters d. Jimmy Cox/Jerome Brown (38.8)

Mean Jean Cattley d. Barry Kingman (25.4)

Chaos Demon 1 d. Rick Sanders (23.6)

Percy Snow d. Eddie Howard (24.9)

Danny Rushmore d. Brent Hill and Tim Westbrook (44.9)

You Wanna Do What?

Things were going smoothly, but they weren't taking off like I had hoped. I wanted to make a huge impression on the World of Wrestling, more than just one show a month. I needed a way for everyone to see us, at least one time. Then it dawned on me. I looked up from my desk, right at Brent Hill, who was thumbing through a magazine on the other side.

Daman Washington: Pay per view.

He looked up at me, as if maybe he hadn't heard right.

Brent Hill: I'm sorry?

I repeated myself, slower and more clearly.

Daman Washington: Pay...per....view.

Brent Hill: What about pay per view?

Daman Washington: I want to run Hard Times on pay per view.

Brent Hill: You think we're ready for that D? I mean, we ain't even gone out wayest yet.

Daman Washington: And rather than hitting it one city at a time, we open it up on pay per view and everyone gets to see at least a little bit of what we offer.

Brent Hill: If that's what you wanna do D, then I'm with ya.

Daman Washington: It's gonna happen Brent. This is what we need right now.

I finished up my conversation with Brent, but he had a workout scheduled and couldn't stick around. That was alright though because I knew Brent wasn't the best guy to run my idea by. He was knowledgable, but he also supported me in everything I did. I needed someone who would tell me exactly what he thought. So I called in Shane Sneer. He came in with a cup of coffee and took a seat, not even saying hello before talking.

Shane Sneer: Ya know, you need a cappucino machine if you wanna be taken serious. This coffee stuff just ain't cuttin' it D.

I smiled, telling Shane I'd get right on that but I had something to run by him. He nodded his head and smiled, telling me as long as it wasn't a paycut, he was all ears.

Daman Washington: I want to run Hard Times on pay per view.

Shane Sneer: Ok. Why?

Daman Washington: I think it's a way to reach a larger market.

Shane Sneer: That's obvious, but why Hard Times?

Daman Washington: I think the tag team invitational is our big opportunity. These teams are known in various parts of the country and even World. By putting it on pay per view, we can reach all those audiences.

Shane Sneer: That's a valid point, but what about our financial situation? It takes a lot of money to run a pay per view D, can you guarantee a profit?

Daman Washington: I don't think we have to turn a profit on this show. I think it will help us turn profits in the future.

Shane Sneer: If you don't focus on the present, there may not be a future.

Shane had a point. I was so busy thinking about how good this could be for us that I didn't think about the immediate repricussions. But still, there had to be a way.

Shane Sneer: The only way this might work is if you charge a minimal fee, say 10 or 15 bucks. That way, more people will be inclined to purchase it and you might be able to make this work.

Daman Washington: Give me your honest opinion Shane. Can this work?

Shane Sneer: Yea, it can work, but that's far from a guarantee Daman. This is a big risk.

I paused, thinking for a moment, then looked up.

Daman Washington: I can deal with a risk.

Shane smiled at me and I knew, this pay per view might make...or break...the Next Level of Wrestling.

Game Summary

Top 5 Promotions in the United States

Hollyweird Grappling Company (76.6%) leans more towards the sports entertainment aspect of the industry. Owned by J.K. Stallings Jr., they pretty much bought their way to the top of the Wrestling World. World Champion Sam Strong, easily the most over wrestler in the World, also doubles as their head booker.

Supreme Wrestling Federation (75.3%) also focus on the sports entertainment side, but offered a riskier product than the HGC. Owned by the Eisen family, primarily Richard, they have always been at or near the top. Christian Faith is once again the SWF World Champion, having only gone a period of two months without the belt since the battle with Daman Washington.

Danger and Violence Extreme (68.0%) operate mainly out of the tri-state area, although they were known nationally. Despite using a limited budget, DAVE managed to compete with the big two thanks to their loyal fans and very unique in-ring product. Phil Vibert, the only owner DAVE has ever known, is known to be a brilliant wrestling mind but most fans say without Nemesis as head booker, they may never have stood a chance. Their Unified Championship is currently vacant.

Next Level of Wrestling (11.6%)

United States Pro Wrestling (7.4%) offers an old school style promotion. Owned by Danny Jillefski, they operate in the southern US where traditional wrestling fans have really adopted USPW as their savior. Giant Redwood is their current World Champion.

Wrestling Industry

North America- 9.1% and Rising

Mexico- 76.3% and Rising

Japan- 24.7% and Falling

Economy

North America- 82.6% and Rising

Mexico- 91.1% and Rising

Japan- 12.7% and Falling

Tag Team Invitational Roster

Manuel Prieto/Leonardo Cortes

Two veterans from Mexico who have entered the tournament, looking for what might be their last chance at United States fame. Manuel Prieto was once known as Mr. Lucha before losing his mask in a ladder match. Leonardo Cortes took a year off of wrestling to spend time with his newborn son. They make up for their smaller size with incredible speed and agility.

Urban Assault

J-Rome, formerly known as Jerome Brown, and Dre, two lifelong friends from Baltimore are now coming together in hopes of putting their names on the wrestling map. Both are young, but can definately bring the pain in any match. They specialize in street fighting, although both can also take to the air.

The Brendon Sisters

Known as one of the best women wrestlers around, Michelle Brendon came to NLW in hopes of competing with men and implanting herself in the history books. She brought along younger sister Tracy, who while not as well known, can certainly hold her own in the squared circle.

The Sparrows

Two young, high flying cousins from North Dakota, John and Matt Sparrow grew up wrestling together. Now they work together. Neither man really has a lot of mat ability, so if you can take away their energetic aerial attack, they're pretty much without offense.

Ring Rats

Dylan Chambers was a former collegiate wrestler for Mississippi State, even competing for the national title but falling just short. At 23 years old, some say he lacks the star quality needed to be a top wrestler, but Ben Williams makes up for that. He's an all around wrestler, not great in any category, but decent in everything. Williams turned down a wrestling scholarship to Georgia in order to pursue a professional wrestling career.

Europe's Finest

The Irish Sean O'Riley and the English Jay Anderson team up together to formulate a very good mat wrestling tag team. O'Riley is one of the best grapplers in the business and is knowing as the Irish Stretching Machine because of what he does to his opponents. Jay Anderson is widely respected for being able to get a good match out of anyone.

Chaos Demons

One of the first two teams in the Next Level of Wrestling, these two monsters from Japan total in at right around 800 pounds of pure destruction. You won't see much technical expertise from either Chaos Demon, but they do watch each other's backs.

Good Ol' Boys

Rick Sanders and Roger Dobson, two of the finest from the south, joined NLW together in hopes of becoming the first tag team champions. If they can get past their rivals, the Chaos Demons, then they stand as good a chance as anyone.

Hard Times Card

Danny Rushmore vs. Mean Jean Cattley

The Next Level of Wrestling World Title match.

Tim Westbrook vs. Brent Hill

A battle for the number one contendership to the NLW World Title.

The Tag Team Invitational Final

Manuel Prieto & Leonardo Cortes/Urban Assault winner vs. Brendon Sisters/Sparrows winner

A Tag Team Invitational second round match.

Good Ol Boys/Chaos Demons winner vs. Europe's Finest/Ring Rats winner

Manuel Prieto/Leonardo Cortes vs. Urban Assault

A Tag Team Invitational match.

The Brendon Sisters vs. The Sparrows

Europe's Finest vs. Ring Rats

Good Ol' Boys vs. Chaos Demons

A Tag Team Invitational match where the Chaos Demons get to choose the stipulation.

The Brendon Sisters

Known as one of the best women wrestlers around, Michelle Brendon came to NLW in hopes of competing with men and implanting herself in the history books.  She brought along younger sister Tracy, who while not as well known, can certainly hold her own in the squared circle.

Maybe I'm just a dirty old man, Phenom, but that's an interesting choice of words for the female competitors... :P

Ring Rats

Dylan Chambers was a former collegiate wrestler for Mississippi State, even competing for the national title but falling just short.  At 23 years old, some say he lacks the star quality needed to be a top wrestler, but Ben Williams makes up for that.  He's an all around wrestler, not great in any category, but decent in everything.  Williams turned down a wrestling scholarship to Georgia in order to pursue a professional wrestling career.

And tell me somebody makes fun of these guys' team name in a promo...double :P

Eh, while I'm at it...

Hard Times Card

The Next Level of Wrestling World Title match.

Danny'll hold on to the strap a little longer, right?

Tim Westbrook vs. Brent Hill

A battle for the number one contendership to the NLW World Title.

Hill puts up a tough fight, but a little Guru-ference seals this one.

The Tag Team Invitational Final

Good Ol' Boys over Urban Assault

Homegrown NLW talent should win, especially with the company being showcased on PPV.

Manuel Prieto & Leonardo Cortes/Urban Assault winner vs. Brendon Sisters/Sparrows winner

J-Rome ain't about to let a pair of girls beat him twice.

Good Ol Boys/Chaos Demons winner vs. Europe's Finest/Ring Rats winner

Good Ol' Boys recover just enough to beat the grapplers, but this might be Match of the Night...just a hunch.

I think UA actually beat the lucha vets at their own game.

I'll go on the limb and call another upset for the sisters...Michelle and Tracy keep the Sparrows on the mat, maybe a tapout win here?

Europe's Finest vs. Ring Rats

Veterans, baby, veterans.

Good Ol' Boys vs. Chaos Demons

A Tag Team Invitational match where the Chaos Demons get to choose the stipulation.

The rednecks beat the psychos at their own game...but probably get their asses kicked for their trouble.

Guest Reaperstang

I have been reading your diary from the beginning and I am trying to learn a thing or 2 in order to improve myself as a diary writer. The match results are too long for me but everything else is flawless to me. You seem to have a direction for this and are going the right way. I wish you luck and I will be checking back. Right now I think this is the best diary writing on the boards as a whole.

I have been reading your diary from the beginning and I am trying to learn a thing or 2 in order to improve myself as a diary writer.  The match results are too long for me but everything else is flawless to me.  You seem to have a direction for this and are going the right way.  I wish you luck and I will be checking back.  Right now I think this is the best diary writing on the boards as a whole.

I appreciate that, really do. About the match lengths, I understand they are a bit long but keep in mind that without a weekly show, all I have is the large monthly events, which are generally more detailed than weekly shows. Plus, with original characters like these, I'm trying to use matches to establish their styles and whatnot.

And JStarr, I swear when I wrote implanting, the thought of implants never crossed my mind. Musta been subconcious (sp).

Hard Times

September 25, 2004

Gund Arena in Cleveland, Ohio

Scene opens up inside a halfway sold out Gund Arena, then focuses in on Daman Washington and Shane Sneer in the announce booth.

Shane Sneer: Hello folks and welcome to Hard Times!

Daman Washington: Alongside the featured tag team invitational tournament, we've got a World Title match, plus a bout to determine the new number one contender!

Shane Sneer: It should be a great night, but it's a pretty packed show and we've got to get things started!

Chaos Demons vs. Good Ol' Boys

Chaos Demon 1 and Rick Sanders immediately start trading blows in the ring while Chaos Demon 2 throws Dobson through the ropes. Chaos Demon 2 rolls out, but Dobson grabs Chaos Demon 2 and sends him backfirst into the guardrail. Dobson charges with a clothesline, sandwiching Chaos Demon 2 into the guardrail. Dobson yells out to the crowd, backs up, then charges again but this time Chaos Demon 2 grabs him before impact and lifts him over the guardrail and into the fans! In the ring, Chaos Demon 1 is stomping away on Sanders in the corner. Chaos Demon 1 moves Sanders to the middle of the ring, then bounces off the ropes, looking for a big splash. Sanders gets his knees up, driving them into the ribs of Chaos Demon 1. The weight of Chaos Demon 1 still creates a lot of impact though and Sanders uses the ropes, pulling himself to his feet. Chaos Demon 1 gets up slowly, then charges at Sanders. Sanders drops down and pulls the top rope with him, forcing Chaos Demon 1 to go flying over to the outside. Sanders backs to the middle of the ring, then charges and dives through the ropes, tackling Chaos Demon 1!

Shane Sneer: All four men outside the ring right now...

Daman Washington: A first blood match has no limitations, this will get wild.

Shane Sneer: These men are fighting for a chance to move on in the tournament, they can't forget that.

Daman Washington: They're more worried about hurting each other, trust me.

Chaos Demon 1 and Sanders are trading right hands while Chaos Demon 2 lifts Dobson into the air and drops him throat first across the guardrail before suplexing him over the guardrail and onto the thin mat around the ring. Chaos Demon 2 leaves Dobson laying, walking over and joining Chaos Demon 1. They both pound away on Sanders, then send him back first into the steel pole. They each grab an arm of Sanders, pull him back out, then slam him back first into the guardrail again! The two on one assault is broken up by Roger Dobson coming back into the scene with a steel chair and slamming it into the back of Chaos Demon 1. Chaos Demon 1 takes the shot but turns around to recieve a chair shot to the top of the head! Chaos Demon 1 takes a third chair shot before finally falling to the ground. Dobson looks down at Chaos Demon 1, which allows Chaos Demon 2 to grab the chair, driving it into the ribs of Dobson, then crashes it into the back of Dobson, driving him to the ground. Chaos Demon 2 grabs the chair and Sanders manages to bulldog Chaos Demon 2 into the chair on the ground!

Shane Sneer: Look at the carnage! All four men just laid out.

Daman Washington: But nobody's bleeding Shane, this match has to go on!

Shane Sneer: Sanders is at least on his feet, but he can't get Chaos Demon 2 off the ground.

Daman Washington: Sanders is looking around under the ring.

He emerges with a two by four but when he turns around, Chaos Demon 2 is right there to kick him in the midsection. Chaos Demon 2 reaches under the ring, pulling out a trash can. Chaos Demon 2 lifts Sanders into the air, then drops him head first into the trash can! Chaos Demon 2 puts the lid on the trash can, then picks it up, holding it sideways across his chest, then charges and runs into the steel pole, bending the trash can, and Sanders, in half! Chaos Demon 2 laughs as he sees Chaos Demon 1 getting to his feet, then points at Dobson. Chaos Demon 1 picks Dobson up, walking over to Chaos Demon 2. Chaos Demon 1 sends Dobson into a big boot from Chaos Demon 2, nearly decapitating Dobson. Chaos Demon 2 picks Dobson up, leaning him against the steel pole.

Shane Sneer: I don't know what they're planning but this is essentially two on one.

Daman Washington: Yea, it doesn't look like Sanders is getting up anytime soon...or out of the trash can.

Shane Sneer: Chaos Demon 1 is reaching under the ring...oh no...

Daman Washington: He's got a shovel!

Chaos Demon 1 swings the shovel, but Dobson ducks down and Chaos Demon 1 breaks the shovel against the steel pole! Dobson turns but walks right into a sidewalk slam from Chaos Demon 2 that drives the back of Dobson's head into the broken shovel on the ground! Dobson immediately clutches at the back of his head and rolls over in pain. As soon as he does, Billy Russell's able to see the blood coming out the back of his head. Russell calls for the bell and the Chaos Demons get their hands raised, the victors in this violent war.

Shane Sneer: Wow. That was everything we expected and then some, but it finally looks like this brutal war is over.

Daman Washington: And the Chaos Demons are moving onto the next round!

Shane Sneer: What will the future hold for the Good Ol' Boys? How do you re-group from an emotional loss like this?

Daman Washington: Sometimes..you don't.

Shane Sneer: Well, we need to continue on with this tournament. The winner of this next match will be facing the Chaos Demons in round 2!

Ring Rats vs. Europe's Finest

Chambers and Williams came out in amateur tights, looking like they're competing for the national championship rather than World tag team titles. Sean O'Riley and Jay Anderson got attacked as they stepped through the ropes, but within a matter of moments, O'Riley had turned Chambers around and taken him down to the mat with an armbar while Jay Anderson bench pressed Williams over his head, then dumped him on the mat. Williams rolled out of the ring, Anderson stepped out, and the bell rang as the crowd was behind O'Riley in the ring. He laid Chambers out on the mat, then raised up and drove a knee into his midsection. After repeating the move, O'Riley lifted Chambers by his hair, standing him up, then using a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker to put him back down on the mat. O'Riley reached out and tagged in Anderson. O'Riley opened up the chest of Chambers and Anderson nailed him with an open hand palm slap. Anderson with a spinning belly to belly suplex, then watched as Chambers crawled to the corner, tagging in Ben Williams.

Shane Sneer: Williams and Chambers may have a bright future, but these two guys represent the best of Europe. This is an uphill battle for the Ring Rats.

Daman Washington: They've got youth on their side, but that's about it.

Shane Sneer: So if they find a way to wear down Europe's Finest...

Daman Washington: Which they won't.

Shane Sneer: But if they did?

Daman Washington: Then there might be a chance.

Williams comes in, getting taken right to the mat by Jay Anderson. Williams wriggles free, ending up on the back of Anderson, driving his face into the mat with a half nelson. Williams stands up, then drops an elbow to the back of his head. Williams stands up, grabbing Anderson by the ankle and lifting him into the air, then driving Anderson knee first into the mat, again, and again. Williams then turns and knocks O'Riley off the apron with a right hand. O'Riley tries sliding into the ring, but Billy Russell steps in front of him. The two start arguing and O'Riley tries to let Russell know what's going on but Russell can't see that Williams and Chambers are doubleteaming Anderson. They drop him throat first on the top rope, then Chambers drops him back with a reverse russian leg sweep. Chambers goes for the pin, but Russell doesn't get there in time to make it a three count. O'Riley starts slapping the turnbuckle, trying to get the crowd behind Anderson, but Chambers locks in a sleeper hold, draining the crowd.

Shane Sneer: Chambers can win the match if he keeps this locked in.

Daman Washington: O'Riley's doing all he can to get the crowd back into it, but will it be enough?

Shane Sneer: Anderson is starting to fight back, he's on his feet.

Daman Washington: He backs Chambers into the corner, sandwiching him! That broke the hold!

Anderson turns just in time to duck a clothesline from Chambers, then uses a gutbuster to leave Chambers laying as Anderson falls to the mat himself. Both men are down on the mat and trying to make it to their partners. Chambers gets to Williams first, but Anderson gets to O'Riley within seconds and O'Riley comes in, taking Williams down with a right hand, and another then knocking Chambers down with a right hand. He turns back to Williams, lifting him into the air and down with a military press. O'Riley signals to the crowd, then waits as Williams gets to his feet. O'Riley takes him back down, looking for the Irish Stretch, but Chambers breaks it up! Anderson into the ring and punches Chambers back to the corner. O'Riley again looks for the Irish Stretch and this time locks it in on Williams, who's left with no other option but to tap out!

Shane Sneer: Europe's Finest moves on!

Daman Washington: They move on and they may have the easiest second round opponent.

Shane Sneer: Chaos Demons are easy?

Daman Washington: After that match with the Good Ol' Boys, they've got to be worn down.

Shane Sneer: And we've got Urban Assault with something on their mind!

The cameras go backstage where J-Rome and Dre, known collectively as Urban Assault, are standing by. Dre and J-Rome exchange a handshake variation, then look into the cameras.

J-Rome: That lil' chick out dere, she think she da bad ass? She think she can just punk out J-Rome and not get dat ass whooped? Look bitch, I ain't got Jimmy Cox here to hold me down, I got my boy Dre and we ain't here to leave with nothin'.

J-Rome looks at Dre, who steps forward.

Dre: Dat's right. Urban Assault ain't here to play no games. We here to win dis thang. And there's NOTHING...we won't do. Nothin'.

Dre gives a serious look into the camera until J-Rome grabs him and the two make their way out to the ring.

J-Rome and Dre attack Prieto and Cortes as soon as they step through the ropes, showing that they're going to be the aggressors in the match. J-Rome tosses Prieto through the ropes to the outside, then joins Dre as they work over Prieto against the ropes. They send him into the opposite ropes and together take him down with a double dropkick. They turn around and Prieto springboards off the top rope, taking both of them down with a crossbody! Billy Russell quickly works to get this one under control, forcing Dre to the outside and forcing Prieto to the outside. J-Rome attacks Cortes, stomping away at him with boots, then standing him up in the corner and continually driving boots to the midsection of Leonardo. J-Rome walks out of the corner with Cortes, but Cortes catches him with a back elbow. J-Rome takes a second elbow, but quickly comes back, lifting Cortes up with a side suplex. Cortes flips backwards out of it and pulls J-Rome down on the back of his head by his braids!

Shane Sneer: That's why bald wrestlers have advantages.

Daman Washington: I never looked at it that way.

Shane Sneer: No hair, then you can't get pulled down by it.

Daman Washington: I'm sure they'd find another way to take the guy down.

Shane Sneer: Yea, but they wouldn't have the hair as an option at least.

Cortes wastes no time in dropping a quick standing spinning legdrop, then stands up and tags in Prieto. Prieto perches himself on the top turnbuckle, waiting on J-Rome. Prieto comes off the top with a missile dropkick, knocking J-Rome back into the corner where he tags in his partner, Dre. Dre comes in with a fury of fists, but Prieto drops down to the mat. Dre looks down confused and as soon as he puts his head down, Prieto reaches up with his legs and brings him down with a variation of the head scissors. Dre gets back up quickly, frustrated, then charges in only to get shoved and dropkicked in the back by Prieto. Dre goes tumbling head first into the corner. Prieto charges in, turning around and sandwiching Dre with a flying butt bump. Prieto tags in Cortes. Cortes comes off the top rope, legs spread on either side of Dre, driving him to the mat and landing seated on his chest. Cortes goes for a pin, but J-Rome comes in, stomping Cortes in the back of the head and breaking up the three count. Cortes gets up to his feet, holding the back of his head as he brings Prieto back into the ring. Prieto steps through the ropes, heading over to Dre but Dre sees him, grabs him by the waist band, then pulls him into the corner where J-Rome grabs Prieto, choking him from behind. Russell comes over to break it up, but the damage has been done.

Shane Sneer: There's the tag to J-Rome and now the double team on Prieto.

Daman Washington: These two men are stomping away at the midsection of Prieto. He's got to get out of the corner!

Shane Sneer: I don't think they'll let him Daman.

Daman Washington: Russell is forcing Dre out of the ring now, but J-Rome's firmly in control.

J-Rome stands Prieto up, slapping him across the face, then sending him into the ropes and executing a beautiful dropkick. J-Rome gets up and brushes the dirt off his shoulder, smirking at the crowd before turning his attention back to Prieto, slowly getting off the mat. J-Rome kicks him in the side of the midsection, then pulls him up. J-Rome with a spinning neckbreaker, then goes for a pin and only gets a two count. J-Rome lifts Prieto up, but Prieto pushes off J-Rome, then executes a hurricanrana! Prieto doesn't hang onto it for the pin, instead tagging in Cortes. Cortes and Prieto both grab J-Rome, lifting him into the air then down with a double reverse suplex! J-Rome hits hard on the mat and Cortes looks to go up top while Russell forces Prieto back to the outside. Cortes perches himself on the top turnbuckle, but doesn't see Dre behind him. Dre shoves Cortes off the top, causing him to land awkwardly in the ring! J-Rome reaches his hand up, bringing Dre into the match legally. Dre lifts Cortes off the mat, putting Cortes on his shoulders, then tags back in J-Rome, who climbs up top. J-Rome comes off the top with a flying crossbody, taking Cortes off of Dre's shoulders and driving him into the mat. J-Rome hooks the leg and Russell makes the three count.

Shane Sneer: They hit the Drive-By for the win Daman! Urban Assault is moving onto round number two!

Daman Washington Prieto and Cortes showed they belong in that ring, but tonight, it just wasn't meant to be.

Shane Sneer: Could the ring rust have been a factor with Cortes?

Daman Washington: Taking a year off will definately effect a guy, but he looked good when he was in there. It just didn't happen for em.

Shane Sneer: Well, it did happen for Urban Assault and while they make their way to the back...

Daman Washington: The Brendon Sisters may have more pressure on them than anyone here. They're not just fighting for themselves, they've got every woman watching on their back.

Shane Sneer: This could be a huge step for women's wrestling...

Daman Washington: Or a huge blow.

Michelle shook hands with Matt before the match, then the two locked up with Matt getting the advantage. He sent Michelle into the ropes, taking her down with a drop toe hold, then locking in a reverse chin lock, keeping her on the ground, but avoiding any actual punches. Michelle fights her way out of that, getting to her feet and taking Matt down with a snapmare. Michelle keeps him sitting, then flips over Matt, snapping his neck. Matt falls back and Michelle grabs his feet, flipping over Matt and bridging out with a pin. Matt manages to lifts up a shoulder before the three count and rolls over, tagging in John. Michelle goes to lock up with John, but instead he pulls her legs out from under her, causing her to fall on her back, then drops an elbow into her neck region. John positions her where he wants her, then lifts himself into the air, coming down with a legdrop across the neck region. John goes for the pin, almost expecting this one to be over already, but Michelle's not done fighting and kicks out. John picks her back up, sending her into the opposite corner. She smacks hard, but luckily is able to reach out and tag in Tracy. Tracy seems reluctant to approach John, so John does the approaching, grabbing Tracy and backing her into a neutral corner. Tracy begs off, but John pulls her head down in a front face lock, snap suplexing her towards the middle of the ring.

Shane Sneer: John Sparrow isn't showing any sort of courtesy to these women.

Daman Washington: And he shouldn't. They earned their way into this tournament like everyone else, they want to be treated like equals.

Shane Sneer: But Matt Sparrow is looking on surprised. I don't think he agrees with his cousin's actions.

Daman Washington: John's here to win. Matt may not be willing to go all out, but in this business, that's the only way to succeed. This isn't North Dakota anymore.

John sends Tracy into the Sparrow's corner, then cocks back his fist. Matt Sparrow reaches out, putting himself between John and Tracy, looking at John and asking him what the hell he's doing. John says he's winning the match and Matt says to just win then, don't take it this far. John looks at Matt but before he can do anything, Tracy uses the ropes to lift herself up, then dropkicks John, turning him around. Tracy lifts herself back up, coming off and using a bulldog to drive John into the mat before tagging in Michelle. Michelle lifts John up with a quick vertical suplex, not showing enough strength to hold him vertically. Michelle drops a knee into John's forehead, then picks him up off the mat. Michelle goes to send John into the ropes, but John reverses it. Michelle comes off and walks right into a powerslam from John Sparrow! Sparrow goes for a pin, but Michelle manages to get her foot on the bottom rope again.

Shane Sneer: Michelle is still not giving this up. This girl has a lot of fight in her.

Daman Washington: She's out to prove a point and so far, she's doing quite a good job of it.

Shane Sneer: I'll agree with that, but what's John doing now?

Daman Washington: It looks like he's taking Michelle up to the top turnbuckle.

Shane Sneer: He's setting her up for a superplex! Oh no, this can't be!

John stands poised with Michelle, ready to drop her back at least 10 feet to the middle of the ring. But before John can do that, Matt Sparrow steps through the ropes. John yells at him to move out of the way, but Matt won't move. John turns his head, yelling at his cousin again but still no moving from Matt. Michelle takes advantage of the situation, hitting John with a right hand, then another, and another. John falls backwards off the second turnbuckle, landing at Matt's feet! Michelle comes off the top with an elbow to the chest of John Sparrow, making the cover right then! Matt looks on as Billy Russell makes the three count and the crowd erupts.

Shane Sneer: There appears to be some confusion amongst the Sparrows and tonight, it costs them a chance at the tag team invitational and the tag team titles!

Daman Washington: John's getting back to his feet and I think he realized what happened. He's getting right in the face of Matt!

Shane Sneer: Matt Sparrow just knocked John down with a right hand! Matt rolls out of the ring, leaving John laid out in the middle of the ring!

Daman Washington: The Brendon Sisters move on, the Sparrow's have possibly broken up, Urban Assault's in the next round. Things are getting crazy around here!

Shane Sneer: You're not kidding. Urban Assault isn't even waiting, they're coming down to the ring right now!

Daman Washington: The Brendon Sisters don't even time to gather themselves!

Shane Sneer: Billy Russell is signalling for the bell and I guess we've got the next match, right now!

Brendon Sisters vs. Urban Assault

Michelle turns around just in time to see J-Rome coming at her. She blocks his fury of fists and manages to hook both of his arms, lifting him into the air and bringing him down to the mat with a suplex variation. J-Rome gets back to his feet and Brendon sends him through the ropes with a dropkick! Before Brendon can even celebrate, Dre comes into the ring behind her and pulls her down to the mat by her hair. Billy Russell forces Dre back out of the ring, but it's too late. J-Rome reaches in and pulls Michelle out by her feet, then bodyslams her onto the thin mat and concrete. J-Rome rolls her limp body back into the ring, then lifts himself up and over the top rope, coming down on Michelle with a big body splash. J-Rome hooks her leg, but Tracy comes in and breaks up what could have been a three count. J-Rome drags Michelle to the corner, tagging in Dre, who lifts Michelle into the air with a vertical suplex, causing her to land in the middle of the ring. Dre then heads up to the top rope, where he talks trash with a fan before leaping off, looking for a flying elbow. Michelle rolls out of the way and Dre hits all mat!

Shane Sneer: Michelle made it safely out of the way, but can she gather herself enough to get the tag?

Daman Washington: She's making her way over there, but Dre's getting back to his feet.

Shane Sneer: She makes the tag! And Dre missed her and hit the corner!

Tracy steps up to the top turnbuckle, grabbing Dre and executing a beautiful tornado reverse DDT, driving the back of his skull into the canvas. Tracy bounces off the ropes and connects with a baseball slide to the ribs of Dre, nearly knocking him out of the ring. Tracy throws some of her relatively soft forearms into Dre's head, then goes for a cover, but Dre easily kicks out. Dre gets to his feet and Tracy bounces off the ropes, looking for a crossbody. Dre catches her, then falls forward with a slam before tagging out to J-Rome. J-Rome comes in, but Tracy takes him down with a quick hip toss, then heads over towards Michelle, except a drop toe hold from J-Rome stops her. A legdrop to the back of the head keeps her on the mat and J-Rome puts his knee into the back of her knee and pulls on the ankle, trying to force a tapout.

Shane Sneer: These women, wrestling in back to back matches, have really shown they deserve the recognition amongst the best wrestlers around.

Daman Washington: I think the gender lines are slowly fading away Shane. Soon, you could see women competing with men on a consistent basis.

Shane Sneer: Like Michelle Brendon?

Daman Washington: She would definately stand a chance against men.

Shane Sneer: The women's movement continues, right here in NLW!

Daman Washington: Well....I wouldn't go that far.

J-Rome eventually works his other hand up to her neck and pulls back on her neck and ankle at the same time! Tracy Brendon is in incredible pain but she's not giving up. Michelle looks worried for her younger sister and J-Rome is showing no signs of breaking this hold. Michelle finally steps in the ring, trowing in the towel, telling Billy Russell to the ring the bell and just end it. J-Rome waits until he hears the bell, then releases Tracy, who's in tears on the mat. Michelle doesn't care about Urban Assault, she drops down to her knees and checks on her sister, her top priority. J-Rome stands over Michelle, smiling before joining Dre and heading to the back.

Shane Sneer: What an invitational this has been.

Daman Washington: We've still got a couple more to go Shane, I just hope we can fit them all in within the timeslot!

Shane Sneer: Europe's Finest, do they have a chance here?

Daman Washington: As good as anyone. They're strong, they've got technical ability. They might be able to counter the strength of the Chaos Demons.

Shane Sneer: Well, it's about that time to find out.

Chaos Demons vs. Europe's Finest

O'Riley maneuvered around Chaos Demon 1, trying to take him down from behind, but Chaos Demon 1 just snapped O'Riley over, then kneed him in the middle of the back. Chaos Demon 1 bounced off the ropes and dove, shoulder first, into the seated O'Riley, knocking him onto his back. Chaos Demon 1 stood up, stomping at O'Riley, then bounced off the ropes, leaping into the air and coming down with a massive elbow that crushed O'Riley's chest. Chaos Demon 1 lays there with a pin, but O'Riley manages to squirm his way into a kickout. Chaos Demon 1 tags in Chaos Demon 2 who watches as O'Riley gets to his feet. He lifts O'Riley into the air, but O'Riley switches the momentum and plants Chaos Demon 2 headfirst into the mat with a DDT! O'Riley tags in Anderson, who comes in and immediately puts the boots to Chaos Demon 2, trying to keep him on the mat, but Chaos Demon 2 gets back to his feet anyway. Anderson keeps throwing right hands at him, but Chaos Demon 2 stops the onslaught with a kick to the midsection, followed by a raised knee, knocking Anderson back into the corner.

Shane Sneer: The raw power of the Chaos Demons is hard to overcome.

Daman Washington: I really think that these two ring tacticians stand the best chance.

Shane Sneer: So Urban Assault, if they meet the Chaos Demons in the final?

Daman Washington: They better hope the Chaos Demons are worn out.

Chaos Demon 2 charges into the corner, but Anderson catches him coming in with a back elbow, then a hard right hand, then dropkicks Chaos Demon 2 in the back of his knees. Anderson bulldogs Chaos Demon 2 into the canvas, then makes a cover, only getting to two before Chaos Demon 2 lifts Anderson into the air. Anderson tags in O'Riley, who grabs Chaos Demon 2, quickly slapping in an adbominal stretch, hoping to at least wear the bigger man down. Chaos Demon 2 has other ideas though and flips O'Riley over before dropping a quick leg drop to his neck region. O'Riley crawls to the corner, clutching at his throat while Chaos Demon 1 is tagged in. Chaos Demon 1 sees O'Riley in the corner and picks him up to his feet, lifting O'Riley up to his shoulder, then running and attempting a running powerslam. O'Riley managed to slide down the back of Chaos Demon 1 though and shoved him face first into the corner. O'Riley reaches deep down inside himself and lifts Chaos Demon 1 up with a german suplex! The ring shakes and the crowd goes nuts! O'Riley clutches at his back then tags out to Anderson.

Shane Sneer: O'Riley may have hurt himself trying that move.

Daman Washington: That was nearly 400 pounds he just german suplexed! That will definately take a toll.

Shane Sneer: Chaos Demon 1's not used to taking that kind of move, he's still laying on the canvas.

Daman Washington: And Jay Anderson is taking to the air!

Anderson comes off the top rope with a swandive headbutt, connecting with the shoulder of Chaos Demon 1. Anderson stands up, a tad wobbly, and walks right into a double arm clap from Chaos Demon 2. Anderson clutches at his ears, then stumbles over and tags in O'Riley again. O'Riley comes in and grabs Chaos Demon 1 just as he's getting off the mat, driving his shoulder into Chaos Demon 1's, then sending him into the ropes. O'Riley gets him with a high knee and takes Chaos Demon 1 off his feet. O'Riley doesn't even bother for the pin, instead locking in an indian death lock right in the middle of the ring. Chaos Demon 2 is quick to come in the ring and break it up, but that prompts Billy Russell to go over and send Chaos Demon 2 out of the ring. Jay Anderson takes advantage of this and comes into the ring. Him and O'Riley together lift Chaos Demon 1 into the air and down with a double flapjack! Anderson goes for the pin, but Chaos Demon 1 kicks out with force, then rolls over and tags in Chaos Demon 2.

Shane Sneer: Chaos Demon 2 just took that right hand from Anderson and treated it like a fly landed on him.

Daman Washington: Anderson backs up now, but Chaos Demon 2 stays with him. Chaos Demon 2 grabs him by the throat and lifts Anderson into the air!

Shane Sneer: Here comes O'Riley!

O'Riley steps into the ring, driving his shoulder into the knee of Chaos Demon 2 and causing him to drop Anderson back to his feet. Anderson bounces off the ropes and uses a diving shoulder block to plant Chaos Demon 2 on the mat! Anderson lifts Chaos Demon 2 up to his feet, then sends Chaos Demon 2 into the corner. Chaos Demon 2 charges out of the corner, flipping Anderson with a clothesline. Chaos Demon 2 then grabs O'Riley and drops him throat first on the top rope, bouncing him off the apron to the outside! Chaos Demon 2 tags in Chaos Demon 1, then grabs Anderson. Chaos Demon 2 connects with a fallaway slam and Chaos Demon 1 comes off the second turnbuckle with a big splash. Chaos Demon 1 hooks the leg of Anderson and Russell makes the three count!

Shane Sneer: The Chaos Demons have moved onto the finals, they'll be taking on Urban Assault!

Daman Washington: Urban Assault have the speed advantage, but will the raw destructive power of the Chaos Demons prevail?

Shane Sneer: We're gonna find out right now. Urban Assault are making their way down to the ring, looking to take advantage of the Chaos Demons like they did against the Brendon Sisters.

Daman Washington: I don't think it's going to work quite the same, but they're in the ring and apparently we're not wasting any time!

Chaos Demons vs. Urban Assault

Dre and J-Rome slide into the ring, attacking the Chaos Demons from behind, ramming right hands and forearms into their back, trying to counter their size by not allowing it to become a factor. J-Rome starts ramming Chaos Demon 1's head into the top turnbuckle while Dre does the same thing in the opposite corner to Chaos Demon 2. J-Rome and Dre look at each other, then look to irish whip the Chaos Demons into each other. Dre gets reversed though and Chaos Demon 1 runs right into Dre, knocking him down to the mat. Chaos Demon 1 then grabs Chaos Demon 2 and sends him into J-Rome, sandwiching him in the corner. J-Rome falls flat to the mat and Chaos Demon 2 drops a hard legdrop to the back of his neck. Chaos Demon 1 delivers a leaping elbow drop to Dre and the Chaos Demons have taken back all the momentum.

Shane Sneer: Not a bad idea by Urban Assault, but they just didn't keep it up.

Daman Washington: J-Rome got out of the ring, but poor Dre's left in there to fight Chaos Demon 1.

Shane Sneer: This doesn't look like much of a fight.

Chaos Demon 1 literally tosses Dre into the corner before using right and left hands to the ribs to soften him up. Chaos Demon 1 backs up, then charges and plants his shoulder right into Dre's midsection. He repeats the move and Dre slumps to his bottom in the corner. Chaos Demon 1 pulls him out by his feet, then climbs up to the second turnbuckle, bouncing a few times before leaping off, holding onto the top rope but extending himself with a vaderbomb! Chaos Demon 1 stands back up and tags in his partner. Chaos Demon 2 comes in and peels Dre off of the mat. Chaos Demon 2 with a bodyslam, then bounces off the ropes and looks for a big splash, but Dre managed to move out of the way. Dre gets up, looking for a tag from J-Rome, but Chaos Demon 2 clotheslines him just before he can get there. J-Rome hits Chaos Demon 2 in the back of the head, distracting him and allowing Dre to roll him up. Chaos Demon 2 kicks out with so much force that Dre stumbles into J-Rome with a tag.

Shane Sneer: J-Rome makes the tag and he's stompng away at Chaos Demon 2 now, not giving him any time to think about getting on his feet.

Daman Washington: J-Rome definately the more aggressive of the two and right now, that's working out great for him.

J-Rome keeps Chaos Demon 2 down with the boots, then backs up to the corner and up to the second rope. Chaos Demon 2 stands and J-Rome comes off with a double axe handle, knocking Chaos Demon 2 down. J-Rome tags in Dre, who lifts himself up to the top rope and comes off looking for a super leg drop! He connects with the legdrop, then makes the cover on Chaos Demon 2. Chaos Demon 1 comes in and stomps Dre in the back, knocking him off of Chaos Demon 1. Chaos Demon 2 grabs Dre and stands him against the ropes, driving a forearm into his chest while Chaos Demon 1 gets to his feet. They both sent Dre into the ropes, then each of them bounces off a side rope and they sandwich Dre amongst themselves in the middle! They don't even attempt a cover, instead Chaos Demon 1 picks Dre up, powerbombing him to the mat. He goes for the pin, but J-Rome comes in and breaks it up. As soon as he sees Chaos Demon 2 step into the ring, he looks like he regrets it.

Shane Sneer: Listen to these fans, they're really getting behind the Chaos Demons. They're loving this destruction!

Daman Washington: Either that or they're just loving the fact that J-Rome's going to get it.

Chaos Demon 2 grabs J-Rome, standing him up, then driving a knee into J-Rome's midsection before lifting him into the air with a gutwrench gutbuster! Chaos Demon 2 leaves J-Rome laying, then points Chaos Demon 1 to the turnbuckle. Chaos Demon 2 picks up Dre and drops him back with a fallaway slam just in time to see Chaos Demon 1 come off the second turnbuckle with a vaderbomb!

Shane Sneer: Mass Destruction! This one's gotta be over!

And like that, it was. Billy Russell made the three count and the crowd surprisingly stood up in cheers as Russell grabbed the NLW Tag Team Titles and handed them to the Chaos Demons! Each Chaos Demon climbs up to the second turnbuckle and raises the belt to the crowd, playing right into their hand! The crowd is loving it but the cameras fade backstage, away from the celebration to where Mean Jean Cattley is standing by in his wrestling gear with a smirk on his face.

Mean Jean Cattley: Ahhhh.

Cattley sniffs the air.

Mean Jean Cattley: You smell that?

Cattley sniffs the air again, then smiles.

Mean Jean Cattley: That's the smell of change. The smell of victory. The smell of Jean Cattley taking his place at the top of the Wrestling World.

Cattley stops and looks off into space, as if he's picturing it in his head.

Mean Jean Cattley: And there's the Cattley Crossface. No choice now Danny, just give it up. There you go Danny, just pound that mat. There you go.

Cattley nods his head smiling.

Mean Jean Cattley: It's as simple as that folks. It's as simple...as...that.

Cattley walks off, still picturing it in his head.

Shane Sneer: Cattley can see it all, can't he? Now how does he turn that into reality Daman?

Daman Washington: He's got the confidence and that's half the battle. Rushmore better make sure he brings his A game tonight.

Shane Sneer: I know each of these next two have brought their A game, especially with the World Title shot on the line!

Daman Washington: This should be the match of the night right here.

Brent Hill vs. Tim Westbrook

Hill slides into the ring and immediately starts towards Westbrook. Jay Fair is there to step in between the two but Westbrook isn't showing any signs of backing down. Fair calls for the bell but there's no locking up. Hill and Westbrook go right at each other with hard right hands, Westbrook getting the better of the exchange and sending Hill into the ropes before using a spinebuster to stop Hill cold. Westbrook drops his knee into the inner knee of Hill, then pulls on his ankle, really putting the pressure on the 36 year old joints. Westbrook releases the hold, only to stand up and drop the knee into the exact same spot, seemingly testing the pain threshold of Brent. Westbrook lifts himself back up, then drives the knee into Brent one more time before standing up and shouting out to the crowd.

Shane Sneer: The intensity of Tim Westbrook is unmatched.

Daman Washington: He seems to be keyed into the knee of Brent Hill and the last time he got keyed in, he destroyed Brent's back.

Shane Sneer: Brent's body is wearing down on him naturally, he doesn't need Westbrook pushing it along.

Daman Washington: But that's exactly what he's getting. Brent has to realize he's not 28 anymore, he may need to think about hanging it up.

Shane Sneer: You know as well as I do that he'll keep going as long as he can walk.

Daman Washington: Which may not be for too long if Westbrook keeps this up.

Westbrook stands back, watching Hill get to his feet, limping. Westbrook zones in, then stomps Hill in the back of the knee. Hill temporarily drops to one knee, then gets back up again only to have Westbrook stomp the back of his right knee again! Westbrook lifts Hill into the air for a kneebreaker, but while holding him up, Hill starts in with some punches, connecting to the forehead of Westbrook. Westbrook drops Hill to the mat and Hill lands on his feet. Hill with a belly to belly overhead suplex, sending Westbrook halfway across the ring! Westbrook gets back to his feet, charging at Hill with his arms up. Hill wraps his arms around Westbrook's midsection, sliding behind him and dropping him back with a german suplex!

Shane Sneer: Hill is showing his technical ability, but it seems like these moves are more defensive than offensive.

Daman Washington: You're exactly right about that Shane. It's as if he's pulling them off out of desperation.

Shane Sneer: If he can mount a serious offensive attack, he may be able to get himself into this match.

Hill backs Westbrook into the corner, then climbs up, stopping on the second turnbuckle, then drives ten right hands into the side of Westbrook's head. The crowd counted along and when he got to the tenth, he jumped off and watched as Westbrook fell face first out of the corner and into the mat. Hill rolled Westbrook over and went for a pin, but only got a two before Westbrook shoved him off. Hill and Westbrook get to their feet and Hill uses a right hand to set up an irish whip into the ropes. Hill goes up for a dropkick, but Westbrook hangs onto the ropes and Hill lands flat on his back. Westbrook grabs Hill's legs, extending them, kicking him on the inside of the knee, then wrapping him up in a sloppy looking figure four. Hill pounds the mat furiously, trying to roll it over. Westbrook reaches back and The Guru grabs his hands, using all his weight to pull Westbrook back and increase the pressure on the knee!

Shane Sneer: Westbrook showing a whole new side to his wrestling ability, he's using that figure four to take out the knee of Hill!

Daman Washington: Luckily for Hill, it's not being executed properly or he'd be in severe trouble.

Shane Sneer: With the Guru adding pressure though, I'm sure it hurts plenty.

Daman Washington: But Jay Fair just noticed what was going on and now he's forcing the break of the figure four.

Westbrook releases the hold and lets Hill get to his feet, only to take him down with a shoulder to the back of the knee. Westbrook rolls through it and then sits back with a half boston crab, stretching out the knee area and putting pressure on the bad back of Hill. Hill reaches out and grabs the bottom rope, breaking that hold as well. Hill uses the ropes to get to his feet and Westbrook grabs him, trying to send him into the ropes on the opposite side of the ring. Hill makes it a few steps before his knee gives out and he collapses to the mat. Westbrook laughs as he picks Hill up, hanging him upside down in the tree of woe. Westbrook charges in, ramming his knee and side of his body into Hill, knocking the air out of him and causing him to fall to the mat lifeless. Westbrook makes the pin, but Hill gets his foot on the bottom rope when Fair makes the two count.

Shane Sneer: Hill with the kickout! I can't believe he still has life left in him.

Daman Washington: He's got life, but Westbrook just needs to pull an Eric Gagne and close this out.

Shane Sneer: Easier said than done Washington. You know Hill as well as anyone. You know he won't just give it up.

Daman Washington: That's what worries me Shane. He'll fight til he simply cannot fight anymore.

Westbrook lifts Hill to his feet, lifting him into the air with a vertical suplex. Westbrook looks at Hill down on the mat, then looks at the turnbuckle. He heads to the turnbuckle and climbs up to the second turnbuckle. He lines Hill up, then leaps off, looking for a big splash, but Hill rolls out of the way. Westbrook lands hard, but still gets to his feet about the same time that Brent does. Brent kicks Westbrook in the midsection twice, then uses a snap suplex to plant Westbrook in the middle of the ring. Westbrook still manages to get up just moments after Brent Hill and charges, but Brent drops him with a jawbreaker, laying on the mat, catching his breath while Westbrook clutched at his jaw. The Guru hops up onto the apron and Brent gets up, grabbing The Guru by his shirt collar. Westbrook gets up and charges Brent from behind. Brent drops down and Westbrook runs right into The Guru, sending him flying. Westbrook turns around and Brent hooks his leg, then drops him back with a fisherman's suplex!

Shane Sneer: The Hilltopper! He hit the Hilltopper!

Daman Washington: He's got it hooked and Jay Fair slides in.

Fair's hand slaps the mat once, then twice, then finally comes down a third time and Fair hops up, calling for the bell! Brent Hill rolls out of the ring, getting his hand raised. He makes his way slowly to the back as the crowd is on their feet, applauding his efforts.

Shane Sneer: What a match. Brent Hill managed to pull this one out, but what kind of condition will he be in next month?

Daman Washington: I couldn't tell you the last time Brent Hill wrestled a match at one hundred percent. It was years ago. He always finds a way to pull it out though.

Shane Sneer: He'll face the World Champion, but just who will that be?

Daman Washington: It's about time to find that out Shane. Will Cattley's vision come true?

Shane Sneer: Let's get to the ring and find out!

Cattley charges at Rushmore, who sidesteps him and takes Cattley down a hip toss. Cattley gets back up and recieves another hip toss. The third time, Rushmore switches up to a clothesline, but Cattley ducks it and chops Rushmore in the chest. Cattley backs him into the corner, but Rushmore reverses it and puts Cattley in the corner. Rushmore tries to drive a forearm through Cattley, but Cattley moved out of the way. Cattley with a backslide, but Rushmore kicks out! Cattley charges at Rushmore with a clothesline, but Rushmore ducks it. Rushmore with a right hand to the side of Cattley's head, then another, and another, moving Cattley back. Rushmore with a bodyslam followed by a quick elbow drop. Rushmore goes for a second elbow drop, but Cattley rolled out of the way. Cattley sends Rushmore into the ropes with an irish whip, then puts his head down for a back body drop. Rushmore stops, hooks Cattley's arms, then lifts him into the air, dropping him down with a huge tigerbomb!

Shane Sneer: Cattley kicks out at two! Rushmore also had it.

Daman Washington: A match of reversals so far, both of these men seem to have done their homework.

Shane Sneer: And that's going to make for an exciting match. Rushmore's got Cattley back on his feet now, using right hands to soften him up.

Rushmore uses those right hands to back Cattley into the corner before lifting Cattley up to the top turnbuckle. The crowd stands in anticipation as Rushmore climbs up to the top with him. Rushmore hooks Cattley in a front face lock, but Cattley uses punches to the ribs to stop Rushmore's progress. Cattley shoves Rushmore off and he lands hard diagonally across the ring. Cattley stands up on the top, then leaps off with a frog splash! The momentum carries him over Rushmore and instead of going for a pin, Cattley stands by the ropes. He hops up to the second rope and executes a standing springboard moonsault! Cattley hooks Rushmore's leg but only gets a two count. Cattley backs Rushmore back into the corner, slicing him with sharp chops to the chest, each one worse than the other. Cattley pulls Rushmore down with a front facelock, then lifts Rushmore into the air with a vertical suplex!

Shane Sneer: Cattley showing how varied his style is.

Daman Washington: That's why Cattley is regarded as one of the top future stars, but is his future now?

Shane Sneer: He's got a chance to become the champion, right now!

Daman Washington: And he's taking full advantage.

Cattley drops a spinning legdrop across the chest of Rushmore. Cattley pulls Rushmore up to his feet, leaning him against the ropes, then backing up and charging with a clothesline. Cattley knocks Rushmore over the top rope all the way to the outside! Cattley follows up with a baseball slide that knocks Rushmore into the guardrail. Rushmore comes back with a hard right hand followed by an irish whip into the steel ring steps! Rushmore rolls Cattley into the ring, then climbs up the turnbuckles, placing one foot on the top turnbuckle. As soon as Cattley gets to his feet, Rushmore comes flying off with a clothesline, taking Cattley down to the mat!

Shane Sneer: Rushmore with an uncharacteristic top rope maneuver!

Daman Washington: It took Cattley down with enough force that me may have gotten the pin out of that.

Shane Sneer: He didn't even try. Why?

Daman Washington: Maybe he thinks he has to do more.

Rushmore sends Cattley into the ropes, catching him and dropping him with a samoan drop! Rushmore stays on top of Cattley, reaching out and pulling up his leg, getting a two count out of it but not enough. Rushmore sends Cattley into the ropes again, this time tossing him with a release fireman's carry! Rushmore stands up, walking over to Cattley, who lowblows Rushmore! Cattley slowly gets to his feet while Rushmore falls over in pain. Cattley stomps away at Rushmore before dropping a knee into his midsection. Cattley locks in a reverse chin lock, wearing down Rushmore while thinking over his next attack.

Shane Sneer: Cattley pulls Rushmore to his feet, kicking him in the back of the knee.

Daman Washington: He knows his chance is running out, he's got to pull something out now!

Shane Sneer: Cattley's up to the second turnbuckle.

Cattley comes off with a super bulldog, driving Rushmore's forehead right into the mat! Cattley rolls him over and makes the pin, but only gets a two count still. Cattley pounds the mat in frustration, getting in Jay Fair's face about the count. Fair tells Cattley to focus on the match, but as soon as Cattley turns around, Rushmore powerslams him into the mat! Rushmore falls to his knees but him and Cattley get up about the same time. Cattley charges in and Rushmore stops him with a boot to the midsection. Rushmore brings him down with a front facelock, then lifts him up into the air and drives his head into the mat! Rushmore hooks Cattley's leg and the crowd counts along as Jay Fair's hand slaps the mat three times and he calls for the bell!

Shane Sneer: Danny Rushmore is still the World Champion! He's going onto Dark Days where he'll be facing Brent Hill!

Daman Washington: What a match that's going to be.

Shane Sneer: That's next month, right here in the Next Level of Wrestling!

Hard Times fades to black.

Quick Results

Chaos Demons d. Good Ol' Boys (32.7%)

Europe's Finest d. Ring Rats (31.8%)

Brendon Sisters d. Sparrows (38.7%)

Urban Assault d. Prieto/Cortes (30.2%)

Chaos Demons d. Europe's Finest (34.0%)

Urban Assault d. Brendon Sisters (36.6%)

Chaos Demons d. Urban Assault (35.9%)

Brent Hill d. Tim Westbrook (52.9%)

Danny Rushmore d. Mean Jean Cattley (46.3%)

Fallout From Hard Times

The numbers weren't as good as I hoped, but they were better than I realistically expected. Most of the buys for Hard Times came from the Great Lakes region, which was anticipated since that's where we've been running ads and shows the most. Surprisingly though, Tennessee had a strong amount of buys. I couldn't figure out exactly why, but I knew that we had to capitalize on that and figured the best way was to hold an event there. I already had a location for Dark Days, so I made the decision that Reality Strikes in November would come live from Memphis. After making the necessary phone calls, I ordered that ads start running immediately. If Tennessee was itching for a new product in their area, then we were going to fill that need. Of course, my biggest concern was striking a television deal. Great Lakes Television, a network that services the entire Great Lakes region, had been my top choice but it didn't look like much was going to happen there. Shane had a friend with the local Fox Sports network and I knew they were at least looking at the Next Level of Wrestling. Two knocks on my door distracted me from my thoughts. Jay Fair cracked the door, then stepped inside.

Jay Fair: Daman, the guys are starting to arrive. You sure you want to handle this yourself?

Daman Washington: Nope, but it's part of the job Jay.

Jay half smiled at me, knowing that I really hated this part. All the participants from the tag team invitational were supposed to meet with me today. However, not all of them were here to recieve an invitation back. Some I was going to part ways with and that's the part I hated. The guys who I wanted to stick around were Urban Assault, The Ring Rats, Matt Sparrow, and Michelle Brendon. Sean O'Riley and Jay Anderson were great athletes, but I couldn't afford to keep them right now. I hoped that they'd understand the circumstances and not hold it against me. It was time to man up and deliver the news. Life can't be fun all the time, right?

• 1 year later...