The House Long Forgotten

I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out. I feel it gets across the desired effect on how I planned it to be, but I'd really like some opinons, especially from guys like, Doc, Norris, AJ, FK, the really good guys in this part of the board.

Couldn't really find the desired text to go with the feel of the graphic, Times New Roman was the best I could do. If anyone has any font suggestions, please PM me. I want this to turn out the best as possible.

:)

post-169-1107642235_thumb.jpg

post-169-1107642235_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wiseguy

Guest PlagueUK

yeah your right the text is poop. Go download fonts now lol.

Other than that I don't really like it, it just looks like a couple of images with the opacity lowered with maybe a blending mode or two.

Get some fonts and get some brushes.

At first glance I really liked it, then I looked at it deeper and to be perfectly honest I hate it. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but I'll give you a detailed list of reasons why.

The first thing that jumps out at me is the text is very rough. The font doesn't fit with the feel of the graphic at all, it looks very jagged, and the location is terrible. The text looks like it's just floating there for no real reason.

The next thing I noticed was awkwardness of the left side. In the first look it was okay because it looked like some brushing over a stock, then after I looked more I could see where it was another stock blended over it. (By left side BTW I'm meaning everything to the left of the white glowing doorway.) The original stock has a distinct perspective to it, which is destroyed, by the "window?" that is blended in at the left edge.

Finally the glowing doorway, I like the overall effect here. The only problem I have is with the placement. I just feel like it needs to be set closer to the bottom and maybe a little more to the right.

And to close, why is the house picture of the second floor and up? It would have looked better if you included the bottom floor, or at least cut the roof of the porch off.

Sorry if you find that a little nit-picky, but I'm in a good mood tonight and thought it'd be helpful.

I'm not good enough to give my opinions apprently, only the likes of Doc and AJ are :P

No seriously, it looks pretty good but nothing special. There's no real purpose to it from where I'm looking. There seems to be no story told by the graphic if any of that makes sense. It just looks like you've got a few stocks and done some blending and brushing with no purpose on making something that you wanted. I could be wrong.

It's got nice colouring and stuff, not your best piece though.