Rap Music

TOG

Okay, so I know next to nothing about the genre, but I have a very open mind when it comes to music and like a bit of everything. So naturally, I sort of want to download some rap songs to add more variety to my playlist.

Here's where you guys come in. Like I said, I know little about rap, so the songs to download will have to be all you guys. I'm not into the hip hop or more gentle stuff, the only stuff I have really heard is 90s gangster rap. That's what I like. So, I was looking for similar modern stuff along with what I may not have heard from the 90s. Go!

I would reccomend some Sage Francis, Atmosphere, Eyedea and Abilities, Aesop Rock, Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, Delinquent Habits, DJ Format, Gangstarr, Roots Manuva and Ugly Duckling.

You can download, legally I add, some mp3's of Sage Francis, Atmosphere and Eyedea and Abilities from www.epitaph.com

EDIT - Oops, I didnt notice that you wanted gangsta type rap, most of the stuff I listed isnt that. But check it out anyway :thumbsup:

Edited by MDK

Tech N9ne:

Industry Is Punks*

Imma Tell*

This Ring

Devil Boy*

Psycho Bitch*

Einstein*

Sinister Tech

Suicide Letters*

Who You Came To See*

The Anthem*

Canibus:

Phuk U

2000 B.C.*

Master Thesis*

Poet Laureate*

Poet Laureate II*

Spartibus

Dear Academy*

Fuck You

Full Battle Rattle*

Hip Hop (What Ya Want?)*

Lean Back [Freestyle]*

* = Highly Recommended

NWA, Eazy-E, Ice Cube, Dre. Cypress Hill.

Particularly

NWA - Fuck Tha Police & Sa Prize (Pt 2) + Straight Outta Compton

Eazy - Boyz In Tha Hood, Eazy Duz It, I'd Rather Fuck You, Eazy-er Sed Than Dunn, Neighborhood Sniper

Ice Cube - Today Was a Good Day

Dre - Ain't Nothin' But A G Thang (w/ Snoop) + Dre Day (w/ Snoop?)

Cypress Hill - How Could I Just Kill A Man?

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I now mark for Tech N9ne and Cypress Hill. Couldn't find any of the recommended Cannibus songs.

If someone could recommend some specific Wutang songs, that'd be great. I downloaded a few, but wasn't sure what to look for.

Get Big Daddy Kane - Warm It Up Kane too, it's an oldie but a definite goodie.

WARM IT UP KANE~

WARM IT UP KANE~

That should soooo be Kane's theme song. I would mark like a motherfucker.

You've probably already heard it (especially if you used to watch ECW), but go for "Natural Born Killaz." That's my all-time favorite Rap song.

EDIT: I didn't see your disgruntled face, so I didn't know you were being sarcastic!

Edited by Scott Boulder Fried