Europe XI vs. World XI

public enemy

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Camara is pretty talented IMO, he's doing OK at Southampton (Alright, he's played two games) and very nearly saved Wolves a couple years ago. He's an exciting player to watch anyway.

Suazo is from Honduras, i don't know if he achieved second nationality yet.

These games won't ever have exactly the best 22 players in the world for many reasons. The first players called won't allways come to the match, either for personal reasons or because their teams don't allow them to. Plus, the players who are called and accept it often call their player friends to it and ask if they can go to and usually the answer would be "Why not?". The game is a friendly game in its truest meaning. That's the main reason why Davor Suker even after retiring continues to play in a lot of these matches. He's allways available to help in the gathering of funds while having fun playing with some of his friends. Besides, it's not like it is a true World Vs Europe 2005 match or something, since these games happen about 3 or 4 times per year.

As for my selections if everyone accepted and whatnot, it would be:

Europe: Gianluigi Buffon (or Iker Casillas); Lilian Thuram, Alessandro Nesta, Fabio Cannavaro (or John Terry) and Ashley Cole; Xavi (Steven Gerrard or Patrick Vieira); Luis Figo, Deco (or Frank Lampard), Zinedine Zidane and Pavel Nedved (or Rafael Van de Vaart); Thierry Henry (or Wayne Rooney).

World: Franco Costanzo (just because he's more spectacular than the others i could put here, all of them being from Argentina); Belletti (or Cafú), Walter Samuel, Lucio (or Rafael Marquez) and Roberto Carlos (or Gabriel Heinze); Emerson ;Kaká, Pablo Aimar, Andrés D'Alessandro, Ronaldinho; Samuel Eto'o (or Ronaldo).

I'm probably over looking people but that's who i came up with.. Who played in the game? i'm only watching it later tonight.

Honduras, Guatamala - I was close enough...

:blush:

My teams would be:

Europe XI:

GK: Buffon

DR: Puyol

DL: Ashley Cole

DC: John Terry

DC: Nesta

MR: Joaquin

ML: Zidane

MC: Gerrard

MC: Deco