Saw

Carnage

Guest Bluesman

Saw it (get it, I 'saw' it?) last night with the fiancee. The ending is terribly predictable if you pay attention to the beginning of the film (and aren't in the living room lifting weights :shifty:), although the rest of the movie isn't bad. The bit about others killing others, or themselves, in order to escape is pretty good.

Guest BacknBlackHoez

I was just searching around for some Saw 2 info, and came across some "Rumor Control"

Hey kids! Lots of info about SAW 2 has been flying around the net of late. It's been fun, but producer Gregg Hoffman with Twisted Pics/Evolution wants to set the motherf*cking record straight...I'm paraphrasing of course.

Some of this is new, some of it has been reported on, and some of it hinted at, but everything that follows concerning SAW 2 you can consider confirmed.

1. The title is just SAW 2, not SAW 2: HACKSAW!

- Where the hell did this whole SAW 2: HACKSAW thing start? The script is just called SAW 2. Period. Maybe that'll change down the road, but everyone needs to lose the "Hacksaw" part of it.

2. There are no issues with getting a script ready in time.

- We've had a sequel script since about a week after SAW opened. It was a screenplay that was submitted to me as another potential movie idea for us to produce. After I pitched Oren Koules (one of the other Twisted partners) the idea, he said that could be Saw 2 with a few changes. It's turned into more than "a few" changes, but the only way we could ever hope to get the sequel into theaters 12 months after the original was to start with an existing script. James and Leigh are in Los Angeles now and are personally supervising the next draft of the script.

3. There IS a director and he WILL be announced soon.- I think your spies may be closing in on his identity, but you'll get nothing more from me about this until I'm damn well good and ready! :)

4. PG-13? GET REAL!- There is NO CHANCE IN HELL we would ever turn the franchise into a PG-13 wuss fest! Give us some damn credit here! Remember, we don't answer to any corporate body. I can guarantee there's going to be plenty of "kick" to the new film. We don't want to go through the same MPAA battle we had last time, but WE ARE NOT SELLING THIS FRANCHISE OUT (until at least Saw 4!)

5. The film will be shot in Canada.

- We'll be shooting this one in a large Canadian metropolis west of Montreal and East of Calgary.

So while rabid fan interest is a great thing for any franchise, let's all be glad Gregg's not only on top of what's getting out about the project, but also that he's willing to communicate with the fans so that stuff doesn't get out of control.

The fact that the films have unlimited potential in death scenarios alone made me love it. Every victim's demise revolves around something, such as the suicide attempt in a cage of razor wire or a surgeon having to cut his own foot off.

The end shocked the hell out of me,too. I knew something was fishy showing the nurse so much, but I never expected who it really was. Dunno how they're gonna do Saw 2 when the killer is like, terminally ill though.

You guys dont know who Cary Elwes (the main actor) is? He's been in countless movies....

Such as Liar Liar, Twister and Robin Hood : Men In Tights! amongst others. I thought he might have been Will Ferrel at first though :blush:

Edited by Kaneanite

So it IS the guy from Twister!!! I was thinking that throughout the entire movie, but I never thought he looked similar enough to actually be the same guy. He looks a lot fuckin' different from when he was in Twister, though.

Yeah, he does look very different. Like I said, I thought it was Ferrel till I heard his voice, which reminded me of the guy from Twister/Liar Liar but I wasn't sure till I checked IMDB.

I think the writer casting himself to play 2nd lead was a bit stupid, especially since it's his first role. He didn't turn out as terribly as I expected, though.

I Heard that there were 2 guys who wrote the movie (the Director and the 2nd Lead) and they wrote the script for some screen writing course or something and they decided to take it to a bunch of producers and one of them said that they'd give them $a million to make the movie providing one of them directed and one of them played a big role...could've just been hearsay though but i think that's why he's in there