Saw

Carnage

Guest BacknBlackHoez

That has to be one of the best endings to a movie i have ever saw. It wasnt a huge "BOO"! type of horror film, it was more of a mind twister, made you think about stuff. But when the killer is revealed, and they say "he likes to have front row seats to his killings" then you get flashbacks and shit.

Excellent movie full of actors i have never heard of before, except Danny Glover (btw, did he die after getting shot? or do you think that will be saved for Saw2?)

Twizted Pictures? never heard of em, but damn good movie.

The lead actor [forget his name] reminded me of Tim Robbins in some scenes.

I think the writer casting himself to play 2nd lead was a bit stupid, especially since it's his first role. He didn't turn out as terribly as I expected, though.

I thought it was a really good movie, but my opinion is probably amplified because I originally thought it would fucking suck.

Great ending, though. No faults there, that was awesome.

I think Saw is one of the best low budget movies...right next to Napoleon Dynamite...I saw that they made this movie in 18 days, that's incredible. I was so shocked at the end of the movie. I can't wait for Saw 2. It'd be great to see it do just as good as the first, but with just about all sequals, you get crap. I also thought that the acting in this film was good...and people who say it's like Seven should be shot, in no way does this film even come close to being a rip-off of that film. And like The Grudge (which I thought turned out to be a pretty good movie), I'm loving these horror-type films that kinda rewind through shows, instead of going front to back...so you kinda have to sit through the movie, but everything isn't expected...I'm not really sure how to explain, but people who've seen The Grudge know what I'm talking about.

I also think that the director did a freakin' awesome job for this being his first film ever made.

Edited by THIR13EN²

Guest BacknBlackHoez

People making this movie thought it through damn good, i mean when the note said something like "you see more with your heart than your eyes" and "X marks the spot" then later he said turn the lights out, and the X was in glow in the dark paint.

"Theres poison in the blood.... you dont have to kill Adam with a gun" then he dips the end of the cigarette in the blood and offers it to adam. Pure Genius.

I liked it, i don't know what everyone's problem with the acting was, I thought the two guys did a very solid job. However Danny Glover did over-act and that was kind of distracting but he wasn't a huge part until the end so it didn't hurt.

Well, the movie did have some flaws like the over-acting. Beside's that, one of the best horror films that I have seen in a-while. Better than the usual movie of teen's going to cabin and getting chased by a monster style of flick. A mind twister, and the ending was different. I thought that it was all the nurse, but good twist in the end. I'll give it a 9.5/10. The over-acting just killed it from being a 10.

I thought the acting was fine. It's hard to capture what someone's real emotions are when you're placed in a life or death situation, it's easy to play arm-chair detective when you're not actually in the predictament. Let's see you be calm when some psycho says he's going to kill you or your family, what would you do? I doubt you'd be calm and not freak the fuck out.

It was easily one of the most bad ass thriller/horror movies in the past five years especially considering the tiny budget.

Edited by CM Punk

It's an awesome movie. I bought the DVD a few days ago and have watched it twice. I hope that Saw 2 has the same feel to it and doesn't have some cheap parts just because it has a big budget.

I have a little gripe that I've thought about:

If the killer was laying there the whole time and the blood was poisoned. First : 1) Was that even blood? 2)Would the killer rally lie in poisoned blood for that long?

Oh, and the fact that he didn't have to fart, burp, scratch his ass, or itch is a little weird but if you look past that, 8.5/10 :)

I'm sure that if you trained yourself for a long enough time to stay that still for long periods of time...I mean, there are people who can slow down their breathing, etc...I'm sure that's something that he did.

this film has this feeling it gives me when I watch it, it just makes me feel fuzzy, (not in a sexual way :shifty: ) when I come to the end, and you finally find out who the killer is...I've never had that feeling before watching a movie, but you just don't expect it, it's just awesome, and I don't know really how they'd be able to come up with same feeling with Saw 2, when you already know who the killer is...but I hope that the director can pull it off

also, did anyone buy the movie at best buy, and get the bonus dvd with video clips from "High Tension" & "The Devil's Rejects"? could someone tell me if these are movies coming out, or already out, or what? I haven't been able to figure it out.