NHL 2K5

apsham

NHL 2004 is still my preferred hockey game. I love that shit.

I have played NHL 2K5, mind you. Couldn't stand it. Everything was mad complicated; even though I almost "busted a nut" as Clawson put it when I sent a pass to Sundin...who fired a no-look, backhand, between-the-legs slapshot top shelf for a goal. Unrealistic, yes, but god damn that was awesome.

i wouldnt say best game ever, game play wise, EA beats it by a long shot...looks 100 times smoother, but hitting is way to easy in EA....the franchise is 100 times better in ESPN though...way more to do...but for 25 dollars canadian, how can you complain

I fucking HATE & DESPISE NHL 2k5, the only reason being because it's the greatest hockey game every made with the most bugs and freezes which piss you off.

What are you talking about? I've only come across one freeze...which was my fault since I never saved and had my system on all day, and no bugs at all. I tried playing the NHL 2005 game, the hitting system is terrible because that's all there is.

i wouldnt say best game ever, game play wise, EA beats it by a long shot

:lol:

I have it and have tried to set up some online play forever.

In case you don't read my blog, I gave it a once over a while back as part of my rundown on the five best video game franchises of all time (it was number 4).

/forum/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=35&cmd=showentry&eid=466">http://www.ewbattleground.com/forum/index....owentry&eid=466

Anyway, I have run into some bugs and some cheese goals, but they are few and far between enough to ignore them by and large. Plus, getting Wade Belak to 86 overall has to be the best thing that you could do in a hockey game and I did it in NHL 2K5.

There's a fix for that, FYI.

And Franchise becomes basically unplayable after two seasons, as teams automatically sign their draft picks + free agents and will never be able to make trades, as they will either be over budget or have too many players. But, if you're into building from within, it's neverending fun.

Guest Mike Dude

I'm talking about the XBox and PS2 versions...go to their official message boards, its flooded with complaints.

*edit* Plus after like 5 years in franchise the average player salary is like 5 million bucks*

Edited by Mikey

I'm talking about the XBox and PS2 versions...go to their official message boards, its flooded with complaints.

*edit* Plus after like 5 years in franchise the average player salary is like 5 million bucks*

So am I. There is a fix for it.

And the average player salary thing is partly caused by you. If you bid on high end free agents it takes 14 days to sign them at absorbited salary. If you bid on low enders first, they sign early and cheap and you can work your way up the ladder. If not, a bidding war will ensue for guys like Jason King on days 10-14, and that drives up the salary.

Also, you don't always need the number one bid to win. Players randomly take bids 2-3 as well, and sometimes bid one will drop it if it gets another free agent it likes.

And Sham, it's the French. Their team is all fake except for Huet... I don't see why they should ever be used.

Edited by SeanDMan

Now, hold on, hold on a second. Are you trying to say that a team's budged should be linked to their performance or revenues. Were did you get that idea? If Bob Goodenow is in the game than performance or revenues have no effect on player budgets.

No disrespect... but don't bring that into my topic.

I'm having a hard time finding a right difficulty. My season as the Motreal Canadiens is going great but when I play on rookie, I feel most comfortable, all except for the ridiculous amounts of goals I can get. If I play on the next up, Pro however I can't score a thing and the opponents are scoring like I was before... slightly lessened by the Gods that are Jose Theodore and my recent accusition backup, Marc-Andre Fleury.