WWWF Superstars Preview

- The Young Stallions take on the Twin Towers !

- Sting takes on Bad News Brown !

- The Midnight Express tangle with the Killer Bees !

- Ric Flair goes one on one with Buzz Sawyer !

- Also, interviews with Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, and Mr. Perfect !

<center>user posted image</center>

<center>April 21, 1991</center>

<center>Rating: 4.21</center>

<center>Att: 5,029</center>

<center>Gate: 201,160</center>

(From commercial, the program cuts straight in ... without the normal opening credits and music and ..... yeah you get the picture.)

The Young Stallions -V- The Twin Towers

The Young Stallions have been hot as of late, and in this match they were looking to get some credability. The Twin Towers aren't too far removed from their tag title reign. It became evident early, that the Young Stallions were more than ready to back up their words. The Twin Towers should have been listening. Akeem opened up against 'Pure Gold' Jim Powers. Akeem is no small man, and it is now obvious that Powers is no weak man. Akeem charged and Powers scooped the African Dream, and slammed him down to the mat. Bossman had the classic 'holy shit' look on his face in the corner. Powers quickly tagged in Roma, and the two gave the big man a double bodyslam. The 'holy shit' look on Bossman's face doubled in nature at this point. Powers and Roma put Akeem up in the corner and Roma went to work. Bossman couldn't take it, and charged into the ring with his nightstick flying. Powers warned Roma, who moved out of the way. Bossman and his nightstick went straight into Akeem, who then took a few unconscious steps before thudding to the mat. Again, the 'holy shit' look was there, but not for long as the Young Stallions gave Bossman a double backdrop. With the two men down, Roma covered Akeem for the pin. Before Bossman had a chance to realize what had just happened, the Young Stallions were half way up the entrance way celebrating their win.

Ventura - "Would you look at that Moonsooon. The Young Stallions just knocked off the Twin Towers. Bossman and Akeem should be ashamed and embarrassed at that display."

Monsoon - "They certainly can't be happy at dropping one to the Young Stallions, that's for sure. Welcome everyone to another edition of WWWF SUPERSTARS ! It's Gorilla Monsoon and Jesse 'The Body' Ventura once again, and we're only a week away from the Lethal Lottery on PPV ! The matches have already been set, and the only thing left is to determine the stipulations. Tomorrow night on Prime Time Wrestling Ventura ... the Lottery will be played."

Ventura - "That's right, we'll see JJ Dillon roll out the rotissere cage and we'll have one participant from each of the matches draw one of the balls out. On that ball will be the stipulation for their match up. I can't wait to see what is in store for guys like Orndorff, Flair, and Von Erich."

Monsoon - "Remeber 'Body' whatever they have to go through, Warrior, Hart, and Perfect have to endure as well. And speaking of Mr. Perfect, he had something to say to Kerry Von Erich."

Mr. Perfect Promo

Perfect - "The Lethal Lottery is upon us Kerry Von Erich. There is no way out of it. You're going to have to step into the ring with the Perfect one once again. I'll be bringing with me the memory of our SummerSlam match when you took the Intercontinental Title from me. I haven't forgotten. Had the ringpost not taken out my back, I'd have kicked out of your stupid Tornado Lariat. You were lucky at SummerSlam Von Erich, and at Lethal Lottery you're luck is going to run out. Sure, it's better to be lucky than good, but it's always BEST to be Peerrrfeeeccctt."

(The scene cuts straight to Lex Luger.)

Lex Luger Promo

Luger - "MAGNUM T.A. ... We found out this past week who the better of the two of us is. THE TOTAL PACKAGE was too much for you to handle. You had better thank Sting over and over again that he chose you for a partner, and I can't get my hands on you again one on one. That doesn't matter though Magnum. We'll be in the ring together, and when we are .... this time you'll know how it feels to have your back stretched beyond its limits. I'm going to break your back T.A. .... you can count on it."

Monsoon - "I didn't know we had words from Luger, but none the less it looks like both Perfect AND Luger are more than ready for their matchups at Lethal Lottery."

Ventura - "I hope Luger does get T.A. up in that torture rack of his. We'll see how tough Magnum really is. Sure, he survived that wreck, but can he survive Luger's toruture rack ?"

Monsoon - " 'Body' that absurd. Of course he'd be able to survive Luger's torture rack. He may not win the match, but Luger isn't going to put him out of action. On too better things, the man involved in our second match of the program will be around when Luger and Magnum T.A. tangle next weekend."

Ventura - "All right ... we've got a Snuka match coming up next !"

Monsoon - "No Jesse, it's a Sting match."

Ventura - "I thought you said on too better things Moonsooon."

Monsoon - "I did, right now we've got Sting versus Bad News Brown !"

Sting -V- Bad News Brown

What a classic NWA match this was. Yeah, Bad News was a WWF bred guy, but he put up the typical NWA 'bad guy' front in this one. This man has anger management problems and is always pissed off at something. Sting came straight into the ring and was buried under the fists of Bad News. Brown let up after a few minutes so he could yell at the ref and at the crowd. Bad News must have had something better to do than wrestle Sting, because he kept trying to choke Sting right out of the building. The ref kept trying to get Bad News to wrestle, but he wouldn't. Brown took Sting into one corner and started to choke the daylights out of him. The ref pulled him off, and that really got Bad News mad. Brown walked the ref all the way to the opposite corner and put himself in harms way. Sting got one of his patented second winds, and came springing out of the corner. The ref saw it coming and moved out of the way, and Bad News turned just in time to set himself up for a Stinger Splash. Sting hit the Stinger Splash and then slapped on the Scorpion Deathlock for the submission.

Monsoon - "Bad News just got some more there Ventura. The Stinger showed why he can never be counted out of a match."

Ventura - "All I saw was that Sting is a glutton for punishment. Bad News had his face as blue as the paint he had on it. Sting should have tapped out."

Monsoon - "Sting played by the rules, and that's why he won. While we have quite a bit of animosity between several of our superstars, the bad blood is sarting to brew between some of the guys that aren't scheduled to tangle at the Lethal Lottery. Ric Rude has started a fight with Terry Taylor, and the rest of Camp Cornette got involved when Tom Zenk backed up Terry Taylor. Our next match has in it, the deadly duo of Camp Cornette, the Midnight Express !"

The Midnight Express -V- The Killer Bees

The downward spiral continues for the Killer Bees. Eaton and Lane have been a very formidable team fora while, and now they look poised to make a run at some gold again. Their performance against the Bees was nearly flawless. Eaton and his vastly underrated in ring abilities stole this match. Neither Brunzell nor Blair could get over the hump and take the momentum from Eaton. Even his acting was a show. Eaton sold Blair that he was out after a cross body, and Blair went up top to finish the match. Eaton snuck in a tag to Lane, and took the splash off the top 'for the team.' As Blair covered Eaton, Lane came in, picked him up and delivered a swinging neckbreaker. The pin and the match went to the Midnight Express. After the match Rude and Cornette, who'd been ringside, stepped in and helped Eaton and Lane put the boots to the Bees. Rude motioned to the cameras and yelled to the fans that this is what was in store for Taylor and Zenk.

Ventura - "The Midnight Express made quick work out of those to turkeys Moonsoon. I'd be willing to bet that Taylor and Zenk run into the same kind of situation when they cross paths with Camp Cornette."

Monsoon - "I'll be that Taylor and Zenk are more resourceful than you'll give them credit for. I'm sure they know what they're doing. Recently, the situation involving the WWWF World Title has gotten a bit interesting. JJ Dillon announced that Orndorff would be defending his title against the Ultimate Warrior, NOT Hulk Hogan. Hogan was upset when he heard the news, but now it seems that he's changed his tune a little bit."

Hogan Promo

Hogan - "You know something Hulkamaniacs ... The Hulkster is a little upset that he's not going to get a chance to face Paul Orndorff for the WWWF Title at the Lethal Lottery. Instead, the Ultimate Warrior is going to get that chance. You know Hulkamaniacs, after I listened to what JJ Dillon had to say, I realized something. The Warrior does deserve that shot, and that's fine with the Hulkster. The Warrior was the last WWF Champion after all brother. The Hulkster is going to look forward instead of dwelling on this. It doesn't matter who wins at the Lethal Lottery because Hulk Hogan will be waiting for the WWWF Champion one way or the other. Either way, I owe both of those guys. So Warrior, Orndorff ... WHATCHA GONNA DO ? ! ... WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA GETS IT'S SHOT AT YOU ? !"

Monsoon - "Hulk Hogan sure is riled up Jesse, and it doesn't matter to him who the champion is. He just wants his shot."

Ventura - "There are plenty of guys in the back that want a shot Moonsooon. I just think it's funny that Hogan is on the outside looking in at the two guys that have managed to get the best of him."

Monsoon - "That they have 'Body' ... that they have. It's main even time fans, and this week we've got a special treat. We're going to see the 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair going up against Buzz Sawyer."

Ric Flair -V- Buzz Sawyer

Wooooo ! Damn this guy is good. The fans have once again been put into the pocket of Ric Flair. Everyone in the arena eats out of his hand everytime he steps out from the back. Even Buzz looked to be in awe and he was the opponent for the evening. Flair didn't let Sawyer get anything in this time around. Sawyer made the mistake of charging blind at Flair, and he quickly found himself the victim of several classic holds. Headlocks, chinlocks, armbars, leg locks .... Flair displayed them all. Saywer soon got frustrated and didn't think it was cute anymore. Sawyer got peeved and started swinging loaded fists. Flair got mad, and took down Sawyer and slapped on the figure four. Sawyer was close to the ropes and managed to grab ahold to get the hold broken. Flair did just that, and then drug Buzz to the center of the ring and slapped on the lock again. This time there was no hope for Sawyer, and he submitted.

After the match Flair stood, playing to the crowd when out charged Bret Hart with a steel chair. Hart slid in behind Flair and could have knocked him all the way to the Lethal Lottery. He didn't though, he just waited for Flair to turn around. Flair did and jumped back a step as Hart smiled. Bret didn't do a thing, but instead dropped the chair and slid out of the ring never taking his eyes off of Flair. Flair's wide eyes kept focused on Hart who was smiling at him ... mocking him.

(The show went off the air with Flair and Hart staring each other down, jawing at each other.)

Match Rankings:

1. - Midnight Express/Killer Bees (Crowd 62% Workrate 84% **3/4)

2. - Sting/Bad News (Crowd 70% Workrate 77% **1/4)

3. - Flair/Sawyer (Crowd 81% Workrate 72% **)

4. - Young Stallions/Twin Towers (Crowd 59% Workrate 76% **)

Segment Rankings:

1. - Hogan Promo (92%)

2. - Perfect Promo (86%)

3. - Luger Promo (82%)

WWWF Prime Time Wrestling Preview

- The Young Stallions get a second chance at the Skyscrapers !

- Ricky Steamboat tangles with the 'Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff !

- The fearsome team of Doom takes on King Kong Bundy and Bam Bam Bigelow !

- One time partners square off as Tito Santana meets Rick Martel !

- Hercules tries to overpower Randy Savage !

- Also, the Lethal Lottery drawings will be done and the stipulations for the mtaches will be handed out !

**Special WWWF programming note.  WWWF Wrestling Challenge and Superstars WILL NOT be seen this week as the WWWF prepares for the Lethal Lottery PPV ...

• 1 year later...