WCW '97 - The War For WCW

St. Dubb

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Faded Sanity

I believe that Glacier could work if he was repackaged with an original gimmick and not that of a video game character (Sub-Zero Mortal Kombat). Great read and I am really enjoying the Horsemen angle. I just have one question:

Where's Dean Malenko? Wasn't he a horseman by this time and Mongo gone or am I thinking of 1998?

I personally would like to see Mongo gone from The Horsemen and then maybe have Jarrett and Malenko fued for the spot.

WCW Monday Nitro

January 13, 1997

Nitro this week started off exactly where last week's left off. The footage of Lex Luger racking Syxx, then racking the evil referee Nick Patrick, only to be blindsided by the nWo and given their paint treatment. The Giant, of course, made the save which is where Nitro ended. The scene of The Giant hovering over Lex Luger's fallen body fades out into the Nitro opening. From their we got the LIVE arena as the PYRO shot off from the Nitro stage. The camera panned around the sea of signs before coming in to the announce booth where Tony Shiavone and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan were ready to call this week's action.

Tony Shiavone: This is MONDAY NIGHT NITRO! I'm Tony Shiavone alongside Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and tonight we are in for something truly intruiging as Eric Bischoff is going to be delivering the State of WCW Address.

Bobby Heenan: I didn't even know WCW had an address...what is it? I have a bunch of complaint letters I've been meaning to send.

Tony Shiavone: Eric Bischoff has promised that he will address everything from The Giant to the United States Title and of course, Souled Out - which is just under TWO WEEKS AWAY!

Bobby Heenan: Hey Tony, are we gonna have that night off seeing that it isn't a WCW sanctioned event?

Tony Shiavone: I haven't heard anything yet, Brain.

Bobby Heenan: I hope we don't have to work, I got a flight to catch to go to the Superbowl. I've got a dime riding on Pittsburgh...

Tony Shiavone: A dime? That's a lot of money, don't you think?

Bobby Heenan: What are you stupid? It's a DIME! 10 cents! Suckers.

Tony Shiavone: Um...Brain, you realize....nevermind. Besides the State of WCW Address, tonight we also will see the main event of former nWo member - The Giant taking on current nWo member and one half of the WCW World Tag Team Champions - Scott Hall! But we start tonight off with a cruiserweight match, with the winner receiving a Cruiserweight Title shot next week, right here on Nitro against Ultimo Dragon!

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko

Given the two wrestlers involved in this match, there were high hopes for this match. However, it was a very big disappointment due to some botched spots by Rey Mysterio and it just wasn't given enough time to develop. Ultimo Dragon and Sonny Oono walked out and watched on from the top of the aisle. Rey Mysterio used his speed early on to gain the advantage over Malenko, getting an early pinfall attempt with a springboard moonsault DDT. It would only get a two count. Following a tilt-a-whirl headscissors from Mysterio, Malenko rolled out of the ring to try and gather himself back together. Rey wasn't about to give Malenko that convience as he came out with a head slide to outside into Tornado DDT! The fans didn't really seem to care about the spots though. Mysterio tried to continue his advantage on the outside, but Malenko reversed a whip and sent Rey flying into the ring post. Malenko took control and sent Rey back into the ring. Malenko kept the typically high flying Rey grounded and worked over his legs to set up for the Texas Cloverleaf. However, once Malenko lifted Rey up into a shoulder lift, Rey reversed it into a Victory Roll. One, Two, kickout.

Rey sent Malenko down with an enziguri kick. He would soon get Malenko in the corner and set him up for the hurricanrana. He went to hit it, but Malenko blocked it and stepped down off the top holding Rey in positioned, turning Rey's Hurricanrana attempt into the Texas Cloverleaf! Malenko walked with Rey to the middle of the ring. Referee Billy Silverman checked in with Rey, but he wasn't giving up. He fought with everything he had to make it to the bottom rope and finally did. Malenko broke the hold just before the five count. Rey began trying to pull himself up to his feet, but Malenko met him with a kick to the midsection and then set him up for a powerbomb. However, Rey reversed it with a rana - Rey cradled Malenko's legs - One, Two, Three!

Winner - Rey Mysterio Jr.

Overall: 66

Crowd: 56

Match: 76

Rey quickly rolled out of the ring as Dean Malenko was in shock in the ring at his loss. Billy Silverman jumped out to ringside and lifed Rey's arm up in victory as Ultimo Dragon watched on from the aisle as Sony Oono had a big grin on his face and gave Rey Mysterio a round of applause.

Tony Shiavoine: Next week Rey Mysterio Jr. will be getting a shot at Ultimo Dragon's Cruiserweight Title!

-Chavo's Mystery Note-

The screen cut to backstage where Chavo Guerrero Jr. was pulling along his luggage on wheels towards the locker room. He made it to the locker room door. However, as he was about to enter, he found a note attached to the door.

Chavo Guerrero: Huh? Well, well, well, what do we have here?

Chavo pulled the note down and read it...

Chavo Guerrero: Chavo, please report to the ring immediately...? Huh? What the....what is this???

Chavo continud to stare at the note inquisitively before finally folding it up and sliding it into his jeans pocket.

Chavo Guerrero: Heh? Guess ole' Chavito is in high demand with the fans! Well, better not disappoint them!

Chavo gave a confident grin as he left his luggage and headed apparantly for the ring.

(55%)

:::Commercials:::

Coming back from commercials, Chavo Guerrero Jr.'s music played as he made his way down to the ring to a small reaction from the crowd. He slid in and began pacing around the ring, playing to the crowd - oblivious to whatever reason it was he has been brought to the ring.

Tony Shiavone: What in the world is this all about? Chavo isn't scheduled for action tonight.

Bobby Heenan: Look at him, he thinks he has fans. How cute.

Suddenly, all became clear as the unmistakeable music of the New World Order hit the speakers of the arena. Chavo's smile faded as he watched Kevin Nash, Ted DiBiase, and Nick Patrick making their way down to the ring. DiBiase was carrying Chavo's uncle Eddie Guerrero's United States Title around his shoulder.

Tony Shiavone: The New World Order?? What is going on??

Bobby Heenan: Since when do they need a reason to do anything.

Tony Shiavone: Chavo hasn't done anything to them!

Bobby Heenan: Yeah, but his uncle Eddie Guerrero has...and that's all he needed to do.

Kevin Nash stepped over the top rope to enter the ring as Chavo backed into the corner. Nick Patrick climbed into the ring and called for the bell...apparantly we had ourselves a match.

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Kevin Nash (w/Ted DiBiase)

Nash told Chavo to bring it on, but Chavo wanted no part of Nash. But he had no choice and decided to take the task head on as he went right at Nash and began hitting him with wild lifes and rights to Nash's midsection and chest, which had no effect on the Tag Team Champion. Nash responded with a knee to Chavo's midsection to double him over and then threw him head first into the top turnbuckle. Nash threw Chavo down neck first across the middle rope and began choking him against the ropes, with Nick Patrick, of course, doing nothing to stop him. Nash finally let go as Ted DiBiase came over and gave Chavo a cheapshot right hand. Nash went to the turnbuckle and began removing the turnbuckle padding. Patrick pretended to check on Chavo, "unable" to see what Nash was doing. Chavo pulled himself up and shoved Patrick away. He came up behind Nash, who had just finished removing the padding, and gave him a dropkick to the back, sending Nash chest first into the exposed steel. Nash was staggered as Chavo climbed to the top turnbuckle and came off with a moonsault press. However, Nash caught Chavo and then dropped him with the Snake Eyes across the exposed steel! Patrick pretended to scold Nash for using the exposed turnbuckle and Nash pretended to be sorry.

Blood trickled down Chavo's forehead as Nash pulled him up to his feet. Nash sent Chavo into the ropes and nailed him with a Big Boot. It was then a Jackknife Powerbomb for Chavo as Nash then made the nonchalant cover. One, Two, Thre.......Nash pulled Chavo up. Nash acted like he was shocked, as the fans began giving Nash a lot of heat. Nash pulled Chavo up and gave him another Jackknife Powerbomb. Nash, not yet satisfied, pulled Chavo up yet again and hit him with a THIRD powerbomb. Nash drove his knee down into Chavo's face to make the very confident cover - One, Two, Three.

Winner - Kevin Nash

Overall: 74

Crowd: 72

Match: 76

Tony Shiavone: This is just wrong! Chavo did not deserve this!

Bobby Heenan: Oh yeah? Well where was Uncle Eddie during all this. Way to protect your blood.

Tony Shiavone: Eddie Guerrero isn't even here yet! The nWo has NO guts!

Nick Patrick and Ted DiBiase eached raised on of Nash's arms in victory as medics came in to check on Chavo.

-The Rift Widens-

Coming back from commercials, we found ourselves in the private suite of the Four Horsemen. Currently it was only three Horsemen as Steve "Mongo" McMichael was absent - making it just Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and Chris Benoit who had Woman behind him giving him a massage.

Ric Flair: Alright, Mongo will be here any second now...so Benoit, just apologize for what happened and everything will be better. That's ALL you gotta do! Explain how it was an accident and you're sorry. We gotta get this behind us so we can deal with Jarrett once and for all.

Chris Benoit: Yeah, it was an accident - but I'm not apologizing for anything.

Arn Anderson: Come on Chris! Why not? You said yourself it was an accident.

Chris Benoit: I just don't apologize for anything.

Ric Flair: Dammit Benoit! The Horsemen DON'T fight amongst themselves! We are all brothers here. We all respect one another! SO JUST APOLOGIZE! You don't want anyone else to worry about tonight in your match against Big Bubba! You already gotta worry about the nWo, because when you fight one you might as well be fighting 'em all! And Jarrett could show up and try to prove his point.

Arn Anderson: Ric's right, having one more person with your back is gonna help.

Just then, the door to the suite opened and Steve McMichael walked in with Debra, who was sporting a big shiner over her eye. They all eyed the couple as the entered as there was a brief awkward silence that Mongo was the first to break, who kept his eyes right on Benoit.

Steve McMichael: Well?

Chris Benoit: Well what?

Steve McMichael: You got something to say to me?

Chris Benoit: Nope.

Mongo's eyes grew wide as he looked over to Flair and Anderson.

Steve McMichael: You said he was gonna apologize!

Chris Benoit got up from where he was sitting and approached Mongo.

Chris Benoit: Apologize? You want me to apologize? You know why I'm not going to apologize? Because if anyone should be apologizing, it should be you.

Steve McMichael: Me? Last I checked, I didn't punch your woman.

Chris Benoit: You should be apologizing to HER. You're the one who brought her out there. You put her in danger by letting her come out to the ring with us. I was smart, I left Nancy back here because I knew that anything can happen in the ring, especially with Jarrett in there. You knew the exact same thing that I did, but you let her go out there anyway?

Steve McMichael: But she...

Chris Benoit: But she wanted to go out there? Well, of course she did. She has some kind of weird infatuation with Jarrett. She's the one who has been all for him joining the Horsemen. But maybe if you grew some sort of backbone, MONGO, then maybe you'd be able to put your foot down and put her in her place. So the way I see it...last week was just as much YOUR fault as it was mine. Come on Nancy...

Benoit grabbed Woman by the arm and led her out of the suite, slamming the door behind him. Mongo lookd to Debra, and then took a seat, apparantly in deep thought. The screen cut back to the ring.

(97%)

Bobby Heenan: Drama, drama, drama, Tony.

Tony Shiavone: I hope the Horsemen can settle things soon, because WCW needs them in full strength to help battle the nWo! And speaking of the nWo, here's what just went down.

A replay of the Nash/Chavo stuff was shown, this time adding in footage that took place during commercials where Chavo was loaded up on a stretcher and pushed away by the medics.

Tony Shiavone: I certainly hope that Chavo is okay...Eddie Guerrero hasn't arrived to the arena yet, but he should be here soon.

Bobby Heenan: Hitting up bars for tequila while his nephew is getting the beating of his life...that's the Guerrero family for you.

Tony Shiavone: Now you don't know why Eddie isn't here yet, so don't make assumptions like that.

Bobby Heenan: I'm just saying from experience, the Guerrero family enjoys the occassional tequila shot...or two or three or four or...

Tony Shiavone: Fans, week after week we have witness WCW Television Champion Lord Steven Regal sneak away through different tricks to keep his belt. Last week his Blue Blood partner Squire David Taylor got him disqualified just as it looked like Konnan was going to win the belt with the Tequila Sunrise...

Bobby Heenan: Tequila sunrise? ...Maybe it was Konnan's family...

Tony Shiavone: But can Regal sneak out a victory tonight?

WCW Television Title Match

Lord Steven Regal © (w/Squire David Taylor) vs. Hugh Morrus (w/Jimmy Hart)

As disappointing as the opening match of Rey Mysterio and Dean Malenko was, this one was the exact opposite in that it was surprisingly good. In what could very well have been one of Hugh Morrus' best matches, he and Regal went back and forth in a battle for the Television Title. Jimmy Hart tried to negate the prescense of Taylor, but Taylor managed to get in his cheapshots on Hugh Morrus. Morrus was able to overpower Regal, causing Regal to try and stall things several times during the match by leaving for ringside. Once back in the ring, Morrus immediately met him with a boot to the midsection and sent Regal into the turnbuckle. Morrus ran in with a splash to the corner. Regal started to stumble out, but Morrus grabbed him and whipped him into the opposite corner. Morrus ran in with another splash. Regal stumbled out of the corner and fell face first to the mat. Regal rolled over onto his back as Morrus dropped an elbow across Regal. One, Two, kickout. Regal began to get back to his feet when Morrus grabbed him and hit him with a gutwrench sitdown powerbomb. One, Two, Thre...kickout by Regal.

As Morrus pulled Regal up to his feet, Regal gave him a poke to the eye to send Morrus staggering. Charles Robinson warned Regal, but he moved in on the attack, catching Morrus with a pair of European Uppercuts to push Morrus back into the corner where he hit several stiff chops. He then began to drive his forearm repeatedly into Morrus' head until Robinston stepped in and pulled him off. This allowed David Taylor to jump onto the apron and began to choke Morrus across the top rope. Jimmy Hart came over and pulled Taylor down, but Taylor threw Hart into the ring steps. Regal pulled Morrus out of the corner and just barely muscled Morrus into a butterfly suplex. Regal made the cover - One, Two, Th...shoulder up. Regal applied a crucifix armbar with neck submission onto Morrus, trying to force the big man into submitting. Morrus looked to be fading fast, so Robinson checked in on him. On the third arm lift, Morrus managed to keep his arm up as the fans gave him a little bit of support. Regal released the hold before Morrus could power back up and immediately hit a kneedrop to the back of Morrus' head.

Regal set Morrus up for a double underhook powerbomb, but Morrus powered out with a backdrop counter. Regal stumbled up and ran into a powerslam from Morrus. One, Two, Thre....kickout. After an Inverted DDT, Hugh Morrus began to climb up to the top turnbuckle, calling for the No Laughing Matter moonsault. David Taylor grabbed a chair from ringside and slide it into the ring, with enough force to send it all the way across to the opposite end of the ring. This made Charles Robinson have to walk all the way from one end to the other to retrieve the chair and remove it. This gave Taylor enough time to jump onto the apron and knock Morrus down off the top turnbuckle before he could hit the No Laughing Matter! Just as Taylor interfered, Konnan came sprinting down the aisle. This caught David Taylor's attention, who immediately jumped over the gaurd rail and ran through the crowd as Konnan gave chase. Back in the ring, both Morrus and Regal were struggling to get back to their feet. They exchanged rights and lefts. Regal got the upperhand and had Morrus stumbling, and hit him with a arm trap shoulder neckbreaker. This laid Morrus out for Regal to apply the Regal Stretch onto Morrus. Morrus tried to fight the hold, but soon gave in and tapped out to the pain.

Winner and Still Television Champion - Lord Steven Regal

Overall: 72

Crowd: 60

Match: 85

Tony Shiavone: And once again Lord Steven Regal sneaks out with the title!

Bobby Heenan: Um no Tony? He made him tap out fair and square.

Tony Shiavone: But Hugh Morrus had the match won if he was to hit the No Laughing Matter.

Bobby Heenan: That's right...IF...IF...but he didn't, did he?

Tony Shiavone: Right...well when we come back, Eric Bischoff will be delivering the State of WCW Address...this should be interesting.

-The State of WCW Address-

As we came back from commercials we were greeted with the phrase "The following message has been paid for by the New World Order." As the phrase faded away, the screen was, of course, in black and white. There was a stage set up with a large video screen on it and a podium infront of the video screen. On the video screen was a very large nWo logo. Infront of the stage were seats were several members of the "media" were sitting. Vincent walked out onto the stage and up to the podium.

Vincent: Ladies and gentlemen, the President of World Championship Wrestling - MR. ERIC BISCHOFF!!

Obvious canned loud applause is played as Eric Bischoff walked out onto the stage and up to the podium with his usual confident smirk on his face.

Eric Bischoff: Thank you! Thank you! I love each and every one of you!

As Bischoff was ready to begin, the canned applause cut off abruptly.

Eric Bischoff: Ahem. The state of WCW is....weak. World Championship Wrestling is slowly collapsing from within, and quite frankly...I could not be any happier. The New World Order's goal of complete and total domination is coming closer and closer with each passing day. We have the WCW World Heavyweight Title. We have the WCW World Tag Team Titles. We currently have in our possession the WCW United States Title. We have the top superstars this sport has to offer. Hell, we even have the top HOLLYWOOD has to offer in our champion. We even have our own New World Order sanctioned Pay-Per-View, SOULED OUT coming in just two weeks! The rumors you have heard are true - WE ARE IN CONTROL!

More canned applause as the people sitting below the stage giving Bischoff a standing ovation. After a few moments of applause, it cuts out as they take their seats and Bischoff continues.

Eric Bischoff: And this is ONLY THE BEGINNING! By the time we're done here we will have the remaining championships and anyone and everyone who oppose us will be CRUSHED. We've already taken care of Sting, Roddy Piper, and Randy Savage. And still to come, the crushing of Lex Luger, The Steiner Brothers, The Four Horsemen, Eddie Guerrero, and anyone else in WCW. Because like I've said, if you aren't with us...you are against us. And when you are nWo, you are nWo for life. However, we recently have experienced a situation where someone went against our motto. A certain individual decided he would be SELFISH and think only of himself and his desire to become WCW World Champion. You can't be in the nWo and decide you want to challenge for a belt we already hold! THE GIANT went against the motto of 4-Life, and we are currently making an example of him. We want to ensure that an incident like this DOES NOT EVER HAPPEN AGAIN! Which brings me to a question I have been asked a lot recently. And that question is, will Hollywood Hogan be defending his WCW World Heavyweight Title against The Giant at Souled Out? Well, I COULD answer that question for you. But I figured why not hear it from the man himself...ladies and gentlemen, YOUR WCW...no wait, YOUR NWO WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION - HOLLYWOOD HOGAN!!!

Bischoff backed off as the canned applause began again as "Voodoo Child" played. Hollywood Hogan walked onto stage carrying his nWo spray painted WCW World Title around his shoulder. He walked up to the podeum as the applause faded out.

Hollywood Hogan: Thank you, Mr. Bischoff! And welcome all you Hulkamaniacs here tonight to see just what the New World Order has accomplished so far in taking over World Championship Wrestling. And LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING BROTHER - THE NEW WORLD ORDER IS HERE TO STAY! And THE GIANT, he wants to turn his back on the black and white...he wants to go for OUR WORLD TITLE? That's just not how things work around here, BROTHER. This is a brotherhood, we watch each others back...we don't STAB each other in the back. But The Giant has other motives. But let me tell you something, he WON'T be getting a title shot. Not at Souled Out - NOT EVER. Why should we reward his betrayal with a title shot? The Giant could have been a superstar if he had stayed with the black and white...but now that he has decided he wanted to be in it for himself, he will be CRUSHED just like anyone else. Just like the downfall of many historic figures, The Giant's own prie will be his downfall. And his downfall will come at the hands of the New World Order. SO GIANT...WATCHA GONNA DO BROHER...WHEN THE NWO RUNS WILD....ALL OVER...YOU!

Hogan got a standing ovation as "Voodoo Child" played again. He walked off stage as Eric Bischoff returned to the podeum.

Eric Bischoff: Thank you champ! I couldn't have said it better myself. Alright, I'd like to open the floor up to any questions from those of you here representing the media.

Hands went up all around. Bischoff randomly picked out hands...each "media member's" voice sounded strangely like members of the nWo's voices.

Eric Bischoff: Yes, you there...

Media Member: You knnnowww...I just wanted to know what's up with you and Diamond Dallas Page. We're y'all out on some kinda date or something last week?

Eric Bischoff: Ahem...well it is a well known fact that last week Diamond Dallas Page missed Nitro because he was busy meeting with me. The subject of our meeting should come as no surprise really...because you see, the New World Order is always looking for some fresh blood. Some new faces to strengthen our already undefeatable fortress. And Page is just the kind of fresh face we are looking for. He promised me that NEXT WEEK he would be at Nitro to give us an answer to where his allegiance lies. And I think we all know where he is going, if he is smart that is. Next question?

Media Member: So we..I mean so you have the United States Title. What do you plan to do with it?

Eric Bischoff: We do indeed have the United States Title in our possession, and possession is after all nine-tenths of the law. And I'm sure Eddie Guerrero wants to get his belt back...and we're a fair group, so we will give him a chance to WIN the title. So at Souled Out, Eddie Guerrero will be taking on a MYSTERY nWo member. Next question?

Media Member: Ok, so like Souled Out is like two weeks away and we know only two matches...the Tag Title match and now the United States Title match. What else can we expect?

Eric Bischoff: I'm glad you asked. The point of Souled Out is to give the New World Order members the chance to shine...and that's why every match at Souled Out will feature a New World Order prescense. We want to take out all of our challengers. So since The Steiner Brothers are already set against The Outsiders, and now I've announced our plans for Eddie Guerrero at Souled Out...next comes Lex Luger. Lex Luger wants to stick up for WCW and act as a leader? Well...I had the members draw out of a hat to determine who would face Luger...and let's just see how much luck Luger has against BUFF BAGWELL at SOULED OUT! And then of course, there's the Horsemen, who think they are the top group in WCW. Well think again boys. Big Bubba and Michael Wallstreet have stepped forward in agreement to be the ones to take of the Horsemen at Souled Out...so the question then was what two members of the Horsemen would they face? I considered Flair and Anderson, I considered Anderson and Benoit, or Benoit and Flair...but none of those were interesting. But...Steve McMichael and Benoit was. However, then I had an even BETTER idea. And that's why at Souled Out, Big Bubba and Michael Wallstreet will take on Chris Benoit and...Jeff Jarrett! Haha...I'm such a genious! Ok, one last question.

Media Member: ..Hey yo...where exactly is...down there?

Eric Bischoff: Oh, I think you know where. OK, no further questions!

The nWo music played as Eric Bischoff took his leave of the stage to more canned applause. The screen faded out to the nWo Logo...

(95%)

-Uncle Eddie Arrives; Steiners Get the Night Off-

The screen shifted to color as it cut to the parking lot where Eddie Guerrero was finally arriving. He was carrying his luggage with him as he passed by security.

Tony Shiavone: I can't believe they aren't going to give The Giant a title shot. But it looks like Souled Out is going to be a real case of WCW vs. nWo! The odds will be stacked against WCW with it being an nWo sanctioned event....and speaking of the nWo...Eddie Guerrero is finally here!

As Eddie Guerrero entered the arena, a backstage worker quickly ran up to Eddie immediately.

Worker: Eddie! Eddie!

Eddie Guerrero: Hey essa, calm down maaan....now what's up?

Worker: It's Chavo...

Eddie Guerrero: Chavito? What's wrong with Chavito?!

Worker: The...nWo...Kevin Nash came out and...well Chavo's in the local hospital getting checked out.

Eddie's face went cold as he dropped his bags and pushed past the worker...meanwhile the camera went back to the parking lot once more as The Steiner Brothers were approaching the entrance.

Scott Steiner: I can't wait to see the look on the Outsiders' faces when we are done with them tonight.

Rick Steiner: Oh yeah! WOOF! WOOF!

As The Steiner Brothers got to the entrance, a pair of large security gaurds stepped infront of them, blocking the doors.

Rick Steiner: What's the big idea?!

Scott Steiner: Yeah, what's goin' on?

Security Gaurd: Mr. Bischoff told us to deny you access to the arena tonight.

Scott Steiner: WHAT?! This is crazy! We gotta work!

Security Gaurd: Looks like you got the night off.

Rick Steiner: WHY??

Security Gaurd: Something about some plans you two had for The Outsiders tonight that you mentioned on Saturday Night? Mr. Bischoff said he did not take kindly to threats, and had you banned from the arena tonight. There's nothing we can do. You'll just have to take your leave.

Scott Steiner: Argh! I don't believe this!!

Rick and Scott were very ticked off as they were forced to turn around and leave. They stormed off as we headed to commercials.

(74%)

-Don't Mess With the Familia-

Coming back from commercials, Eddie Guerrero was in the ring already with a microphone in hand. The crowd was giving Eddie more support than he is probably used to getting.

Eddie Guerrero: I don't know WHAT I did to get the New World Order against me, but it's ONE thing to mess with me...but when you go and you mess with my familia...you've crossed the line, essa! Now at Souled Out, I plan on beatin' whoever the nWo throws at me...but tonight I WANT YOU NASH.

Guerrero stared towards the entranceway, but there was no sign of Kevin Nash coming out.

Eddie Guerrero: Come on out hommes, I'm right here waitin' for ya. This is PERSONAL now, essa! You can't just send my nephew to the hospital without dealing with me! Come on NASH. I realize you might not be used to having people call YOU out, but I AM!

Still no response.

Eddie Guerrero: Well this is just like the nWo. Whenever they are doin' the jumpin' or they are catchin' someone off gaurd with a match...they're always big and bad...but whenever they are bein' called out, they're nothing but COWARDS.

Finally, the nWo music began to play as Kevin Nash made his way down to the ring with Nick Patrick. Nash stepped into the ring, and Eddie Guerrero dropped the mic - going right after Nash.

(79%)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Kevin Nash

Eddie Guerrero fought with a lot of fire against Nash, catching the big man off gaurd as he entered the ring. Guerrero went after Nash's knees, hitting a couple dropkicks to the knee to send Nash down to one knee. Nash got back up, however, and overpowered Guerrero. Off the ropes, Nash caught Guerrero and hit a big sidewalk slam to him. This only got a two count, as even as Nash putting the beating to Guerrero, he refused to stay down. Nash lifted Guerrero up onto his shoulder and went for the Snake Eyes, but Guerrero escaped and slid down Nash's back. Nash turned around and received a dropkick to the chest that sent him back into the turnbuckle. Guerrero ran in and leaped onto the ropes and began pounding away at Nash's head - One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten...Guerrero leaped down and Nash stumbled out. Guerrero bounced of the ropes and finally took the big man down with a running bulldog onto Nash. Guerrero with the pin - One, kickout by Nash. Guerrero climbed to the top turnbuckle and came off with a cross body to Nash as he was getting up - One, Two, kickout.

Guerrero tried to keep Nash down with a pair of elbowdrops and then he locked on an STF. Nick Patrick didn't even bother checking in on Nash...but Nash did manage to power his way across the mat and reached the bottom rope. Patrick suddenly came over and immediately made Guerrero break the hold instead of giving him a count. Nash immediately pulled himself up and Guerrero tried to take him down with a clothesline, but it only staggered the big man. Guerrero went for another, but Nash met him with a kneelift. A clubbing forearm to Guerrero's back sent him right back to the mat. Nash pulled Guerrero up and sent him into the turnbuckle where he brought his boot up to Guerrero's throat in a choke. Nash received no warnings as he finally released the choke and began nailing Guerrero with several back elbows in the corner. Guerrero stumbled out of the corner into Nash who lifted him up for a flapjack, but Guerrero reversed it, planting Nash with a Tornado DDT. Both men were down as a result...

Guerrero was up first and made his way over to the turnbuckle, calling for the Frog Splash. Patrick went over to "check on" Nash and actually began to help him up. Nash responded by shoving Patrick into the ropes to make Eddie lose his balance and straddle the turnbuckle, and then fall to the mat. Nash walked over to Eddie and picked him up...and dropped him to the mat with the Jackknife Powerbomb. Nash made the cover - One-Two-Three.

Winner - Kevin Nash

Overall: 70

Crowd: 71

Match: 70

Tony Shiavone: Nick Patrick should not be allowed to referee anymore!

Bobby Heenan: Good luck convincing the boss that one.

Tony Shiavone: Ugh...we'll be back fans.

Chris Benoit (w/Woman) vs. Big Bubba (w/Vincent & Michael Wallstreet)

In a set up to the Souled Out match, one half of each team met in a match that saw Benoit carry Bubba to a good match. This one was mostly Benoit working over Bubba with his technically sound wrestling. In the corner, Benoit lit up Bubba's chest with stiff chop after stiff chop. Out of the corner, Bubba stumbled out and took a wild swing at Benoit, but Benoit ducked and then connected with a release German suplex. Benoit got up and gave the cut throat motion before climbing to the top turnbuckle. Vincent jumped onto the apron to distract referee Randy Anderson while Michael Wallstreet went after Benoit. Benoit saw him coming however, and kicked Wallstreet away. Benoit came off the top with the Swandive Headbutt, but Bubba rolled out of the way. Bubba made the cover - One, Two, kickout. Bubba got up and laid the boots to Benoit before pulling him up as well. Bubba sent Benoit into the ropes and connected with a spinebuster. Another cover by Bubba. One, Two, Thr...Benoit with his shoulder up broke the count. Bubba grabbed Randy Anderson and pushed him into the corner, threatening him. This allowed Benoit to get back to his feet. Bubba turned around and was met by another stiff chop from Benoit followed by a kick to the midsection. Bubba was doubled over and Benoit took him to the mat with a snap suplex. Cover - One, Two, kickout.

Benoit got up as Bubba began to try to pull himself up. Benoit stopped that with an elbowdrop to the back of Bubba's head. He then locked on the Crossface to the fallen Bubba. Bubba was in a world of hurt as he tried to fight off the hold. Vincent was on the apron again to distract the ref as Wallstreet entered the ring and stomped on Benoit to break up the hold. Wallstreet left the ring as Vincent climbed down. This brought out Debra and Steve "Mongo" McMichael with the Halliburton steel briefcase. Mongo went right after Wallstreet and Vincent. Mongo knocked Vincent down with a clothesline and then began exchanging rights and lefts with Wallstreet. With Mongo busy with Wallstreet, Jeff Jarrett emerged from the back, walking slowly down the aisle to join Debra. Debra handed Jarrett the briefcase before she climbed onto the apron to distract Randy Anderson.

Benoit had Bubba up and was about to Irish Whip him into the ropes as Jarrett climbed up with the briefcase. However, Bubba reversed it and sent Benoit right into Jarrett with Benoit's head colliding with the steel! Benoit hit the mat and Bubba made the cover. Jarrett jumped down and a confused Debra followed him down. With Mongo and Wallstreet still brawling, Randy Anderson made the count - One, Two, Three.

Winner -Big Bubba

Overall: 73

Crowd: 63

Match: 84

Tony Shiavone: Jeff Jarrett just cost Benoit the match! And they're going to be tag partners at Souled Out!

Bobby Heenan: Accidents happen, Tony...just ask your mother.

Tony Shiavone: But how do we know this was an accident? Why would Jarrett help Benoit? It's pretty obvious he was going after Benoit all along!

Bobby Heenan: Now you don't know that.

Tony Shiavone: Well...only Jarrett knows for sure, but I have my doubts. But when we come back, The Giant takes on Scott Hall!

Mongo finally slid into the ring, surprised about Benoit losing. Debra and Woman climbed into the ring as well as Mongo finally noticed Jarrett at the top of the aisle still holding the briefcase. Mongo tried to help Benoit up, but as he did, Benoit shoved Mongo away and went to Woman who helped Benoit out. Debra came over to Mongo, but he just looked at her...then over to Benoit before leaving the ring by himself.

Main Event

The Giant vs. Scott Hall

Slow paced match, but it wasn't neccissarily a bad match. It was a bit surprising to see Scott Hall coming out for this match by himself, but we would see how long that would last. The Giant dared Hall to have a test of strength with him to start the match, which Hall was reluctant for, but the fans REALLY wanted to see it. Hall slowly brought his right arm up, but pulled away at the last second and gave The Giant a cheapshot kick to the midsection. Hall then threw a right hand at The Giant, but The Giant caught Hall's fast and squeezed it tightly while shaking his head saying "I don't think so." Giant then pulled Hall into a short-arm clothesline to send Hall to the mat. Early on it was all Giant completely overpowering the tag champion, much to the delight of the live crowd. It was a blatant low blow by Hall that sent The Giant to the mat that gave Hall an opening. After getting his warning from Randy Anderson, Hall went right to work at stomping away at The Giant. The Giant fought his way back up to his feet and Hall whipped him into the corner. Hall came running in with a clothesline to Giant. He then began to hit Giant with a mixture of chops and right hands. However, Giant absorbed the onslaught and turned the tables on Hall, sending him into the corner.

It was now The Giant unloading chops and punches to Hall. Hall stumbled out of the corner into a Gorilla Press Slam from the Giant. He made the cover - One, Two, kickout. Giant continued on the offensive until the nWo, seeing Hall in trouble, started to make their prescense felt. Eric Bischoff led Syxx, Buff Bagwell, and Scott Norton down to the ring and sent them into the ring at The Giant. The Giant fought each of them off with relative ease with Randy Anderson not calling for the DQ since Giant took them each out. He gave Syxx a chokeslam as Hall got back up to his feet and caught Giant from behind in a sleeperhold. Bischoff looked pleased at ringside as Hall began to bring Giant down with the sleeper. As Randy Anderson checked in on the Giant, the fans started to rally behind him. Anderson checked Giant's arm...First time...it fell. Second time...it fell. Third time....Giant's arm stayed up and he began to power to his feet. Giant broke the sleeper by running backwards into the corner to sandwich Hall.

Giant grabbed Hall by the throat for the Chokeslam, but Hall gave Giant a kick to the midsection to block that and then took him to the mat with a swinging neckbreaker. Hall with the cover - One, two, kickout. Hall attempted a vertical suplex on Giant, but he was unable to lift the Giant up and Giant began to fight back against Hall. This brought out Kevin Nash and Hollywood Hogan who slowly made their way down the aisle. They caught The Giant's attention long enough for Hall to recover and attack Giant. However, when Hall set up Giant for the Outsider's Edge, Giant powered out with a backdrop to counter. Hall stumbled to his feet and walked right into The Chokeslam from The Giant! Kevin Nash jumped onto the apron, but Giant nailed him with a right hand to send him down. Hogan climbed onto the apron and was also sent down by a right hand! Giant took advantage and made the cover - One, Two, Three!

Winner - The Giant

Overall: 83

Crowd: 89

Match: 70

Randy Anderson lifted The Giant's arm in victory as Eric Bischoff climbed onto the apron with a microphone.

Eric Bischoff: It doesn't matter! It doesn't matter! You're still not getting a title shot! YOU WILL NEVER GET A TITLE SHO....

Bischoff was cut off as Giant grabbed him and pulled him into the ring. He grabbed the microphone from Bischoff and then grabbed him by the throat with his free hand. Hogan and the rest of the nWo watched on as their leader was being throttled by The Giant.

The Giant: Any of you make any moves and this little man gets sent THROUGH THE RING.

The Giant looked down at the petrified Bischoff...

The Giant: Give them the order..

Eric Bischoff: *gag* Ugh...Stay.....back...

The Giant: Now about my title shot...I'm thinking that Souled Out would be a good place for the title shot that I EARNED by winning World War III. What do you say now ERIC.

Eric Bischoff: I.............don't....

The Giant tighted his grip around Bischoff's throat.

The Giant: What was that?

Eric Bischoff: .......OK.....You.........got it.

The crowd popped while The Giant seemed satisfied as he let go of Bischoff who immediately dropped to his knees holding his throat. Hogan and the rest of the nWo at ringside looked ready to storm the ring, but before they could, The Giant grabbed Bischoff and lifted him up into a Gorilla Press and dumped him out onto them. The screen faded out on The Giant standing victorious in the ring.

OVERALL - 76

QUICK RESULTS

Rey Mysterio Jr. def. Dean Malenko

Kevin Nash def. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Lord Steven Regal def. Hugh Morrus

Kevin Nash def. Eddie Guerrero

Big Bubba def. Chris Benoit

The Giant def. Scott Hall

Edited by J-Dubb

Guest Faded Sanity

Very good nitro. I'm enjoying the whole show. I like the commentary and your pretty much spot on with Heenan. The Horseman angle is still the one I find most interesting and correct me if I'm wrong but I think your starting to phase Mongo out of the group.

You could have made it even more interesting if The Giant would have went ahead and chokeslamed Bischoff through the ring, that could have drawled a suspension and you could postpone Giant vs. Hogan even more.

Guest UmpireAJS

you made NASH WRESTLE TWICE...... god your insane.

But other than that,most of the stuff were good,I think Eddie will be swerving and joining the nWo-the same will probably go for one of the Steiners.

And after Hogan beats Giant,(which I am sure he will)-I hope you do not bring a glutton of Old boys back like real WCW to challenge him.

Guest Prototype

Good Nitro. Im hoping Eddie doesnt join the nWo. I hated it when it seemed like every wrestler was joining the nWo. I like the Horsemen angle and the stuff with Nash and Eddie. Looking forward to Souled Out.

The Weekely Resthold

by John Weekes

It's the second week of 1997 and that means its the second week of the Weekely Resthold. I am your host and columnist, John Weekes. World Championship Wrestling is gearing up for the first Pay-Per-View of the year, nWo Souled Out. Going into Nitro we only knew one match for sure, and that was the WCW Tag Team Title Match between The Outsiders and the Steiner Brothers. But we had to believe that The Giant vs. Hollywood Hogan would be happening, despite what Bischoff and Hogan wanted us to believe. Let's flashback to this week's Nitro.

The Highs

-The Horsemen-

Last week I listed the Horsemen as my first of "The Highs" section, and they find themselves in that position again this week. This week we saw the tension between Chris Benoit and Steve McMichael grow when Benoit refused to apologize for his accidental hitting of Debra last week. Benoit had a good point though about Mongo bringing Debra out there, putting her in danger. Meanwhile, if Jeff Jarrett is still trying to pleed his case for joining the Horsemen, maybe he should be more careful about who he hits with the Halliburton. It looks like this angle is leading to someone leaving the Horsemen eventually, but whether it is Benoit or Mongo remains to be seen.

-State of WCW Address

This was heavily hyped as the main reason to tune into Nitro this week, as opposed to the...you know...wrestling. But I thinkn it delivered on its own hype as it was entertaining watching Bischoff stand on stage infront of the huge video screen with the nWo logo behind him. Really made Bischoff look powerful. Plus the fake media members were a great addittion. Although I still hope to one day find out just where exactly "Down There" is...

-Eddie Guerrero-

Before getting involved with the nWo, Eddie Guerrero wasn't really going anywhere. In his match with DDP at Starcade, he was playing the face yet was getting just about zero response from the crowd. However, over the last couple weeks he has really turned things around as the crowd have gotten behind him as an underdog. The intensity he showed this week against Nash showed that he could be a big rising star in the makings in WCW. With most of the nWo already booked for Souled Out after the State of WCW Address, it makes me wonder just who his opponent will be. But after watching him put on a decent match out of Nash, I have no doubts that his match at Souled Out will be good as well.

The Lows

-Souled Out-

So the concept is that every match is going to involve a New World Order member...I really don't like this concept, mainly because most of the New World Order are not the best in-ring talents. It also will end up causing many WCW talents to be kept off the card. I mean it looks like right now that Ric Flair and Arn Anderson will both have nothing to do for Souled Out. It also means heel champions like Ultimo Dragon and Lord Steven Regal may not be able to defend their belts unless they book a heel vs. heel match. But I guess the point is to continue the idea of WCW vs. nWo, but I'm not to sure I like the format. Maybe if they had more talented nWo members I'd feel better about it.

-Match Quality-

Last week we had some very good matches, but this week everything seemed lacking. When Lord Steven Regal vs. Hugh Morrus is the match of the night, you have to start to wonder about how hard people are working out there. Granted Regal and Morrus was a lot better than it had any right to be; it is just very disappointing to see a match like Dean Malenko vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. to not be as good as expected. But atleast there was nothing horrible, so I guess I can't really complain.

-Big Bubba over Benoit-

This is just my personal bias towards Benoit speaking here...but WHY?!?! Guess they gotta keep the nWo looking strong...but still...

Other News and Notes

-There were 6041 fans in attendance for this week's Nitro.

-Nitro won the ratings war this again week, defeating Raw's 5.42 with a 5.82. Close gap with both ratings falling off a bit this week.

-Here's what we have to look forward to for next Nitro so far: Ultimo Dragon defending the Cruiserweight Title against Rey Mysterio Jr. and Diamond Dallas Page will show the world where his allegiance lies. Also, just announced on WCW.com, Lord Steven Regal and Squire David Taylor will take on Konnan and Hugh Morrus. Plus lots of hype towards Souled Out.

-In an update on the Piper and Savage situation, we can confirm that Piper will indeed be sitting out the rest of his contract with WCW. So it looks like we have seen the last of the Rowdy one in World Championship Wrestling. Save on the other hand will indeed be back now that his new contract has been signed. Could he possibly return at Souled Out?

-In news from this past Nitro, Kevin Nash was apparantly very vocal backstage about Eddie Guerrero not being ready for the push he is receiving. He claimed to have had to work hard to make the match good...Nash...work hard??? Never thought I'd use those two words in the same sentence. Let's hope this is not a sign of a glass ceiling forming in WCW. If so, has Eddie hit it already?

-This week on WCW Saturday Night: Glacier in action! How can he top his classic with Bobby Walker from last week? Only one way to find out. Also in action: Chris Jericho, Lex Luger, Ultimo Dragon, and most likely MORE!

That's all I got...I'm out!

-John Weekes

RopeBreak.Net

Edited by J-Dubb

WCW Saturday Night

January 18, 1997

Mike Tenay and Larry Zbyszko welcomed us to another great night of action here on Saturday Night's leading wrestling program. In all actuality, Shot Gun Saturday Night gets better ratings...but who is here to argue semantics? Anyway, apparantly in tonight's main event we're going to see the CLASSIC match up against Lex Luger and Disco Inferno. It really is the match we have all been waiting for. We're also going to be taking trips back in time to Nitro of this week! But first, we start things off with the indestructable force of Saturday Night - GLACIER.

Glacier vs. La Parka

La Parka was up from Wild Time for know other reason than to fight Glacier. How privaledged he must feel. The crowd didn't feel that way though, as for the second week in a row loud "Glacier Sucks" chants could be heard in the crowd. They didn't fill the arena, because most didn't even care enough to chant. The match itself sucked since not only does Glacier lack any charisma known to man...but he sucks too. Why does he still have a job again? And winning for that matter. La Parka is nowhere near talented enough to pull a watchable match out of Glacier, as this is basically a punch and kick (mostly kicks on Glacier's part) match that ended with Glacier smacking La Parka with the weakest superkick ever - the Kryonic Kick. Glacier with the pin - One, Two, Three.

Winner - Glacier

Overall: 54

Crowd: 49

Match: 59

Glacier celebrated amist his fancy lasers and smoke as Tenay continued to hype up the fact that he is indeed still undefeated. They act like Glacier is the second coming or something...don't they realize that nobody cares? But they finally moved along and said that coming back from commercials we would take a trip back to Nitro for a look at the Horsemen!

Tenay and Zbyszko had a profound analysis of the current situation and basically concluded that they aren't getting along very well! They don't call him the Professor for nothing! And apparantly back on Nitro, the wedge between members Chris Benoit and Steve McMichael only widened!

we found ourselves in the private suite of the Four Horsemen. Currently it was only three Horsemen as Steve "Mongo" McMichael was absent - making it just Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, and Chris Benoit who had Woman behind him giving him a massage.

Ric Flair: Alright, Mongo will be here any second now...so Benoit, just apologize for what happened and everything will be better. That's ALL you gotta do! Explain how it was an accident and you're sorry. We gotta get this behind us so we can deal with Jarrett once and for all.

Chris Benoit: Yeah, it was an accident - but I'm not apologizing for anything.

Arn Anderson: Come on Chris! Why not? You said yourself it was an accident.

Chris Benoit: I just don't apologize for anything.

Ric Flair: Dammit Benoit! The Horsemen DON'T fight amongst themselves! We are all brothers here. We all respect one another! SO JUST APOLOGIZE! You don't want anyone else to worry about tonight in your match against Big Bubba! You already gotta worry about the nWo, because when you fight one you might as well be fighting 'em all! And Jarrett could show up and try to prove his point.

Arn Anderson: Ric's right, having one more person with your back is gonna help.

Just then, the door to the suite opened and Steve McMichael walked in with Debra, who was sporting a big shiner over her eye. They all eyed the couple as the entered as there was a brief awkward silence that Mongo was the first to break, who kept his eyes right on Benoit.

Steve McMichael: Well?

Chris Benoit: Well what?

Steve McMichael: You got something to say to me?

Chris Benoit: Nope.

Mongo's eyes grew wide as he looked over to Flair and Anderson.

Steve McMichael: You said he was gonna apologize!

Chris Benoit got up from where he was sitting and approached Mongo.

Chris Benoit: Apologize? You want me to apologize? You know why I'm not going to apologize? Because if anyone should be apologizing, it should be you.

Steve McMichael: Me? Last I checked, I didn't punch your woman.

Chris Benoit: You should be apologizing to HER. You're the one who brought her out there. You put her in danger by letting her come out to the ring with us. I was smart, I left Nancy back here because I knew that anything can happen in the ring, especially with Jarrett in there. You knew the exact same thing that I did, but you let her go out there anyway?

Steve McMichael: But she...

Chris Benoit: But she wanted to go out there? Well, of course she did. She has some kind of weird infatuation with Jarrett. She's the one who has been all for him joining the Horsemen. But maybe if you grew some sort of backbone, MONGO, then maybe you'd be able to put your foot down and put her in her place. So the way I see it...last week was just as much YOUR fault as it was mine. Come on Nancy...

Benoit grabbed Woman by the arm and led her out of the suite, slamming the door behind him. Mongo lookd to Debra, and then took a seat, apparantly in deep thought.

---------------------------

Chris Benoit vs. Big Bubba (w/Vincent & Michael Wallstreet)

We joined the match in progress - Benoit got up as Bubba began to try to pull himself up. Benoit stopped that with an elbowdrop to the back of Bubba's head. He then locked on the Crossface to the fallen Bubba. Bubba was in a world of hurt as he tried to fight off the hold. Vincent was on the apron again to distract the ref as Wallstreet entered the ring and stomped on Benoit to break up the hold. Wallstreet left the ring as Vincent climbed down. This brought out Debra and Steve "Mongo" McMichael with the Halliburton steel briefcase. Mongo went right after Wallstreet and Vincent. Mongo knocked Vincent down with a clothesline and then began exchanging rights and lefts with Wallstreet. With Mongo busy with Wallstreet, Jeff Jarrett emerged from the back, walking slowly down the aisle to join Debra. Debra handed Jarrett the briefcase before she climbed onto the apron to distract Randy Anderson.

Benoit had Bubba up and was about to Irish Whip him into the ropes as Jarrett climbed up with the briefcase. However, Bubba reversed it and sent Benoit right into Jarrett with Benoit's head colliding with the steel! Benoit hit the mat and Bubba made the cover. Jarrett jumped down and a confused Debra followed him down. With Mongo and Wallstreet still brawling, Randy Anderson made the count - One, Two, Three.

Mongo finally slid into the ring, surprised about Benoit losing. Debra and Woman climbed into the ring as well as Mongo finally noticed Jarrett at the top of the aisle still holding the briefcase. Mongo tried to help Benoit up, but as he did, Benoit shoved Mongo away and went to Woman who helped Benoit out. Debra came over to Mongo, but he just looked at her...then over to Benoit before leaving the ring by himself.

Edited by J-Dubb

Monday Night Nitro

January 20, 1996

Souled Out

With Souled Out coming up this Saturday, WCW enters the home stretch towards The Giant taking on Hollywood Hogan with the WCW World Heavyweight Title on the line. Could there be some repricutions for what The Giant did to Eric Bischoff last week? Word is that Hogan might be trying to get out of his title defense once again. All participants will be on hand for Nitro! Most of the matches have been signed already, but there is room for change on the show, could more matches for Souled Out be announced?

Where Does He Stand

Diamond Dallas Page hasn't been on television in 1997 yet because he has been contemplating an offer by the New World Order. DDP has been one of the ones fighting for WCW in 1996, but if you can't beat 'em...will DDP join 'em? After a meeting with Bischoff two weeks ago, it looks like DDP is finally ready to give the world the answer. Will he keep on fighting for good? Or will he come out sporting an nWo shirt?

Starcade Rematch

At Starcade we saw Jeff Jarrett defeat Chris Benoit thanks to interference gone wrong from Arn Anderson and the Horsemen. Nothing has been settled between Jarrett and the Horsemen, in fact, Jarrett has only continued to further a divide within the Horsemen between Chris Benoit and Steve McMichael. Benoit will get another chance to get Jarrett out of Horsemen business this week as the two square off in a one-on-one match

Elsewhere...

There are two other matches already signed for Nitro, one being a tag team match involving WCW Television champion Lord Steven Regal as he teams with his Blue Blod tag partner, Squire David Taylor to take on former Dungeon of Doom members Konnan and Hugh Morrus. Also, last week we saw Rey Mysterio Jr. defeat Dean Malenko to win a shot at the WCW Cruiserweight Title; well, he will be getting his shot this week on Nitro against champion Ultimo Dragon! It should be a good one!

Plus: The Outsiders, The Steiner Brothers, Eddie Guerrero, Lex Luger, and the rest of the New World Order.

Confirmed Matches

Jeff Jarrett vs. Chris Benoit

The Blue Bloods vs. Konnan & Hugh Morrus

Ultimo Dragon vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. - Cruiserweight Title Match

AND MORE!

WCW Monday Nitro

January 20, 1997

Nitro started off by showing the events from last week involving the Horsemen, including the backstage segment where Benoit walked out as well as Benoit vs. Big Bubba; which saw Jeff Jarrett hit Benoit with the Halliburton briefcase - whether it was intentional or not only Jarrett knows. We also see when Steve McMichael tries to help Benoit up, but Benoit shoved him away. That scene fades to clips from the State of the WCW Address and the end of the show when The Giant had Bischoff by the throat and forced him to make Hogan vs. Giant at Souled Out for the WCW World Heavyweight Title. The last shot of Giant tossing Bischoff out onto Hogan and the nWo is shown before the Nitro opening video. From there we get the panning of the crowd as the pyro went off on stage as Mean Gene Okerland was already in the ring to start Nitro off.

Gene Okerland: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to MONDAY NITRO!! You can bet tonight will be a GREAT night for WCW, so let's get things start RIGHT AWAY here tonight. It is my pleasure to introduce to you the man who has a VERY important decision to make tonight, and that man is none other than the one and only DIAMOND....DALLAS...PAGE!

Self High Five

Diamond Dallas Page walked slowly out from the back as the unsure crowd met him with a mixed reaction. DDP looked just as unsure as the crowd as he walked out wearing simply blue jeans and a black T-Shirt. DDP continued slowly down the aisle, not acknowledging any of the fans, just simply looking at the ring as he made his way down the aisle. He climbed up the ring steps and stepped into the ring where he joined Okerland in the center of the ring.

Gene Okerland: Now Dallas, I've known you for a LONG time...tell us...tell the world that you aren't possibly considering the offer by Bischoff.

Diamond Dallas Page: You know something Mean Gene...I have known you for a long time, haven't I? Well, I've also known Eric Bischoff for a long time. I've known Kevin Nash for a long time. I've known Scott Hall for a long time. I broke into the business with those guys...we traveled up and down the roads together. Hell, me and Eric are neighbors! I consider myself to be have been very close to these guys.

Gene Okerland: But you have put those days behind you, right?

Diamond Dallas Page: Well...like I said, I've known these guys for a long time. And I also know how much stock to put in what they say. You see, some people's word is worth its weight in gold...while others don't mean crap. And I think you know as well as I do Gene, what the word of the New World Order means.

Gene Okerland: Oooh yeah, I do.

Diamond Dallas Page: I mean just look at the big goof The Giant. Hogan said he'd get a title shot...then refused to give it to him...The Giant wanted what he deserved, he gets kicked out and beaten down in a like ten on one. Eric...Eric, he said that I wouldn't have to worry about that. He said I was a "team player." He said that I was like family to him. "No worries Page, join the family...you know where you belong." For as long as I've known Bischoff, I've known that everything that comes out of his mouth is pure bullsh(bleeeeep).

This turned DDP's mixed reaction into a loud pop from the audience.

Gene Okerland: Oh yes! I like the sound of that? So does this mean you are turning down the offer?

Diamond Dallas Page: Hold on Gene-o, don't jump the gun just yet. Let's think about something for a minute Gene. Just WHO in this industry can you trust anyway? It's a cutthroat business where every man is out for himself. One minute you'll think someone is your ally...you're friend...but mention the World Heavyweight Title in the conversation, and you'll find yourself at the wrong end of a chairshot. The truth of the matter is that when it comes down to it...when it comes down to the big gold belt that Hollywood Hogan has defaced with the black spray paint...there are no friends. How is ANYONE suppose to know who to trust in this damn company anymore? EVERYONE has their price Okerland...everyone has their price.

Gene Okerland: Now what exactly is that suppose to mean.

Diamond Dallas Page: It means exactly what I said it means...everyone has their price. And the checkbook of the New World Order has no bounds. You've got Eric Bischoff kissing Ted Turner's ass...and you've got the Million Dollar Man in their back pocket. No one can contend with that kind of backing. Not The Giant, not Lex Luger, not STING. Not even D...D...P.

Gene Okerland: No Page...you can't be...

Diamond Dallas Page: We've got to face the music sometime Gene...the nWo might be around for a while. Hell, they might be around for even longer than the WCW is. At this rate, they may even drive the WCW into the ground. And if that does happen, there's going to be two different types of people. The ones who sided with the nWo - the ones with all the fame, power, glory, money...they'll have it all. And the ones that sided with WCW - the ones who will be left without a job - right out on the street on their asses. And guess what...I HAVE SEEN WHAT THAT LIFE IS LIKE. I've been down in the gutter after losing all my money. And I will be DAMNED if I am sent back to that kind of life again.

Gene Okerland: But Page, what about all the fans...all the WCW fans, all the DDP fans...you can't just turn your back on them.

Diamond Dallas Page: You know something Gene-o...maybe you're right. My fans have always been very supportive of me. They've never done anything to make me do this to them. And I'd hate to be viewed as a gutless coward like Sting was and walk out on WCW. Maybe all WCW needs is to band together under real leadership...someone with a never say die attitude...there has to be a weakness in the New World Order.

Gene Okerland: Alright, now hold on...you've jumped all around the issue Page. What is your decision?

Diamond Dallas Page: On the matter of where my allegiance stands. I guess it all comes down to what is more important to me...is it the money...? Or...is it my pride? Ha, well I guess I promised Bischoff and the whole world an answer. So, from now one, Diamond Dallas Page is ONE HUNDRED PRECENT...

Just as Page was about to give an answer, the arena lights and mics cut out. When the lights cut back on, Sting was standing right behind Page. Sting grabbed DDP by the hair, pulled him back, and dropped him with the Scorpion Death Drop. Gene Okerland left the ring quickly as Sting stood over DDP's body, and pressed the bat down against DDP's chest. The fans were giving Sting a mixed reaction as the cameras cut out to commercials.

(82%)

Tony Shiavone: Welcome back to Nitro fans, and what a surreal moment we just witnessed! We still don't know where Page stands! And during the break, he got up unassisted and stormed out of the ring. He was so mad he already left. What was THAT all about.

Bobby Heenan: It's obvious, Tony.

Tony Shiavone: Would you care to enlighten us Brain?

Bobby Heenan: DDP was about to reveal that he's in the New World Order...and since Sting is ALSO with them, he came down to stop them from ruining the surprise.

Tony Shiavone: Slander is a crime you know.

Bobby Heenan: It is? Uh oh...then I guess I shouldn't have gave my nephew legal advice then...

Tony Shiavone: Anyway fans, we've already had a lot go down and we're just starting. Later on tonight we will see Jeff Jarrett taking on the Four Horsemen's Chris Benoit, as well as The Blue Bloods taking on Hugh Morrus and Konnan formerly of the Dungeon of Doom...and in a preview to Souled Out - WCW United States Champion Eddie Guerrero will take on New World Order member Buff Bagwell! But first, we start the show off with a Cruiserweight Title Match! Ultimo Dragon puts his belt on the line against Rey Mysterio Jr., who won a shot last week against Dean Malenko! Let's go to the ring!

WCW Cruiserweight Title Match

Ultimo Dragon © (w/Sony Oono) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Ultimo Dragon and Rey Mysterio went back and forth in what can only be described as a breath taking match that showed what WCW Cruiserweight wrestling is all about. The fans even began to get into the match, unlike last week's cruiserweight match. Rey sent Ultimo out of the ring and was going to slingshot out of the ring with a plancha onto Dragon, but Oono shoved Dragon out of the way and Rey hit the floor hard. Ultimo then climbed up slowly onto the apron as Rey began to pull himself up. Dragon jumped onto the ropes and hit the Asai Moonsault onto Rey on the outside. Dragon was up first and rolled Rey back into the ring. Rey rolled into the ring on his back as Ultimo climbed onto the apron and then onto the top turnbuckle. Ultimo Dragon came off the top turnbuckle looking for a moonsault onto the prone Rey, but it turned out Rey wasn't as prone as we thought as he rolled out of the way, causing Dragon to hit nothing but canvas.

Rey used the ropes to pull himself up as Ultimo Dragon too was slow to get up. Rey bounced off the ropes and came into the recovering Dragon, hitting him with a tilt-a-whirl head scissors takedown. Dragon rolled back to his feet quickly, only to get hit by a spinkick from Rey. Rey then rolled out onto the apron as Dragon began to pull himself up. Oono tries to pull Rey off the apron, but Rey kicked him aside. Rey then springboarded into the ring going for a sunset flip onto Dragon. However, Dragon countered and then sat down on Rey for a pin attempt of his own, craddling Rey's legs - One, Two, Rey escaped. Dragon used this to retake the control of the match and try to keep the quick Rey grounded. He eventually got the Dragon Sleeper locked on, and it looked like it might be the end for the valiant Rey Mysterio. However, Rey didn't give up, and instead fought is way to the turnbuckle and used his legs to run up the turnbuckle and flip backwards, reversing the Dragon Sleeper into a variation of falling inverted DDT! Rey was slow to recover, but he did manage to make the cover - One, Two, Thre....Dragon just barely kicked out in time.

Dragon began to pull himself up, but Rey planted him head first with a mat slam. Rey then climbed up to the top turnbuckle and waited as Dragon began to pull himself up once again. Rey leaped off the top turnbuckle flying right at Dragon, but Dragon saw Rey coming and met him with a super stiff kick right to the midsection. Rey dropped to his knees on the mat holding his midsection. Dragon came up from behind Rey, pulled him to his feet, and then hit him with a Dragon Suplex. One, Two, Thre.....Rey got out of the pinning combination at the last possible second. Dragon stomped on Rey a couple times before pulling him up and Irish Whipping him into the ropes. Off the ropes, Rey slid between Dragon's legs. Dragon turned around right into a rana craddle pin from Rey - One, Two, Thre...kickout. Rey met Ultimo back to his feet with a kick to the midsection and then went for a sitdown powerbomb to Dragon. However, as he lifted Dragon up, Dragon countered by sliding down Rey's back and then locking the Dragon Sleeper on once again. Rey tried to fight it off for a second time, but Dragon dropped to his knees on the mat to keep Rey from moving. Rey did not tap out, but once referee Billy Silverman checked Rey's arm...it dropped three times and Silverman called for the bell.

Winner and STILL Cruiserweight Champion - Ultimo Dragon

Overall: 72

Crowd: 62

Match: 100

Tony Shiavone: What a match! That's why cruiserweight action belongs in WCW!

Bobby Heenan: Alright, now that the midgets are done...let's get to some REAL action.

Tony Shiavone: Well for some REAL action, let's send it back to Gene Okerland who is standing by with "The Total Package" Lex Luger.

Luger Motivates?

Backstage, surprisingly enough, Gene Okerland was standing by with Lex Luger, who was not scheduled for action tonight yet was for some reason still shiney and wearing his wrestling gear.

Gene Okerland: "Total Package" Lex Luger, this Saturday at Souled Out...you are facing the nWo's own Buff Bagwell. Now your feelings on the New World Order have been well documented, what do you think about their methods of deciding who you face at Souled Out?

Lex Luger: It's just like it always is. They all talk big infront of the camera, but when it comes to making the big matches...they wuss out. Buff Bagwell wouldn't be facing me if he didn't have to. That's the nWo mentality. They don't fight anyone unless they have to. And when they do, the numbers are always in their favor. It really doesn't matter to me who the nWo throws at me, because as long as I stand for WCW...I will take on each and every one of them. I might as well be taking on each and every one of them anyway since in a match with one of them you have to deal with all of them. And that's really making me sick to see quite frankly. Each and every week I watch as another member of the WCW locker room gets his butt handed to him out there. I'm sick of it!

Gene Okerland: You were in that position two weeks ago Lex, and someone did come to your rescue. Except it wasn't someone from the WCW locker room. It was The Giant.

Lex Luger: See, that's my point exactly. It was the typical New World Order jump attack and spray paint job...we've seen it a dozen times atleast. And who comes out? Not someone from the WCW locker room...not my former best friend Sting...it was a NEW WORLD ORDER MEMBER! What does that say about the WCW locker room?

Gene Okerland: Well to be fair, The Giant isn't eactly nWo anymore.

Lex Luger: Oh but we don't know that. What if it's all just a big plan to get us to trust The Giant again, so that he can backstab us once again. No, the Giant can't be trusted.

Gene Okerland: But he saved you from a beating!

Lex Luger: He did...but isn't that what someone who wanted you to trust them would do? But how can anyone who turned his back on the WCW once be trusted? He can't. But I can be trusted. And I want to send a plea out to the WCW locker room...it's time for us to step up and band together to face the New World Order. Not one person can do it alone...but if we fight together, we can overcome the New World Order!

Luger stared into the camera, shook his head, and then walked past Gene Okerland.

Gene Okerland: We'll be right back! Don't go anywhere!

(69%)

:::Commercials::

Coming back from commercial, the last bit of the Luger interview was played again for those of us with no short term memory.

Tony Shiavone: Strong words from Luger! Looks like he really is trying to step up and be the WCW leader.

Bobby Heenan: Trust him? I can't trust him further than I can throw him.

Tony Shiavone: And why not?

Bobby Heenan: I don't trust anyone who uses more wax on their own body than their car. It's rule number 3.

Tony Shiavone: Well at Souled Out, there will be a lot of questions about trust...as every match will be WCW vs. nWo. And right now we have a prelude to Souled Out with a WCW vs. nWo match in the form of Eddie Guerrero vs. Buff Bagwell!

Non-Title Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Buff Bagwell (w/Vincent & Ted DiBiase)

Just a decent match here, as Buff Bagwell botched several spots against Eddie Guerrero. Bagwell powered Eddie Guerrero into the corner and was wailing away at him, but took a moment to stop and pose for the unappreciative crowd. As a result he found himself eatting a couple of forearm shots from Guerrero who then brought Bagwell down face first into the top turnbuckle with a drop toehold. Bagwell stumbled backwards into a rollup from Eddie Guerrero - One, Two, kickout. Bagwell stumbled up to his feet only to be taken down once again by a dropkick from the fired up Guerrero. Tony Shiavone took time out to remind us of what happened to his nephew Chavo last week at the hands of Nash of the nWo and that at Souled Out Eddie Guerrero would be facing a mystery nWo member for the United States Title (which DiBiase had with him at ringside). As Eddie hit a snap suplex on Bagwell, DiBiase grabbed Guerrero's attention from ringside and flashed him the US belt. Guerrero slid out of the ring and went after DiBiase, who fled immediately. Vincent stepped in to try to stop Guerrero, but Guerrero decked Vincent. As Guerrero was about to get his hands on DiBiase, Bagwell hit a baseball slide to Guerrero, sending him into the gaurd rail.

Bagwell took advantage of Guerrero on the outside, dropping him across the gaurd rail a couple times and then throwing him into the ring steps. As the count neared ten, Bagwell climbed back into the ring to distract Charles Robinson, allowing Vincent to hold Guerrero as DiBiase hit some cheap right hands to Guerrero. They drop Guerrero back to the floor as Bagwell climbed back out of the ring and continud his work on Guerrero. He stomped Guerrero into the floor and then rolled him back into the ring. Bagwell climbed back into the ring and went straight to the top turnbuckle going for the Buff Blockbuster. Guerrero stumbled to his feet, but moved out of the way as Bagwell came off the top. A brainbuster from Eddie set Buff up perfectly in the center of the ring. Eddie moved to the top turnbuckle to go for his Frog Splash, but this brought Vincent predictably up onto the apron to distract the ref. Ted DiBiase then climbed onto the apron and clocked Eddie in the back with the US Belt. Eddie fell off the top turnbuckle to the mat as Bagwell rolled over to make the cover. Charles Robinson turned around to see the pin - One, Two, Three.

Winner - Buff Bagwell

Overall: 66

Crowd: 70

Match: 78

WCW Shows Unity

Ted DiBiase and Vincent entered the ring. They lifted Eddie back up off the mat as Buff began taking some more cheap shots at Eddie. DiBiase called for some troops from the back. This brought out Syxx, who came out with spray paint in hand.

Tony Shiavone: Oh no...

Bobby Heenan: That Syxx is no Piccasso.

Syxx entered the ring and joined in on the attack on Eddie Guerrero as the fans' boos grew louder. However, from the back came "Lionheart" Chris Jericho! He slid into the ring and took out Syxx from behind. He then hit a dropkick to Bagwell to send him to the mat.

Tony Shiavone: Chris Jericho has had issues with the nWo's constant interfering the past couple weeks, including this past Saturday on Saturday Night!

Jericho easily decked DiBiase, and then took Vincent down with an enziguri. Syxx was back up and exchanging rights and lefts with Jericho when The Outsiders, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, hit the ring to stop Jericho. They began triple teaming Jericho until The Steiner Brothers appeared from the back to make the save this time.

Tony Shiavone: It's about time the WCW stepped up!

The Steiner Brothers went toe-to-toe with the Outsiders as Syxx and Jericho continued to go at it. Buff Bagwell was recovering and trying to join in when Lex Luger also came running down to the ring. It didn't take long before the faces cleared the ring of the New World Order.

Bobby Heenan: Well I'll be...they did it!

Tony Shiavone: Lex Luger, The Steiner Brothers, Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Jericho just cleared the ring of the New World Order!

Bobby Heenan: Well, not all of them.

The Outsiders, Syxx, and the rest of the nWo made their way back up the aisle and stared down the faces in the ring, who were pacing back and forth. Chris Jericho grabbed the microphone.

Chris Jericho: That's it! That's it! I've seen enough! Week after week after week AFTER WEEK - EVERYTIME the New World Order has a match...you see another nWo shirt sticking their grubby little noses into the match! WELL I'VE HAD ENOUGH! I've been victim to it too! And all this nWo-ference HAS TO STOP! If you want to have your little nWo vs. WCW matches, that's just fine...but WE'RE going to make sure that the matches are as fair as possible! AND THAT MEANS NO INTERFERENCE! Someone has to put a stop to it, and it's gonna be us!

Back on the stage, the nWo did not look to scared...as Scott Hall even mocked him with his "Oh we're so scared" hand jesture.

Chris Jericho: Oh yeah, you better be! And since we're going through with these WCW vs. nWo matches...how about you guys let someone else make the matches for once. How about this Syxx...you've cost me two matches in two weeks, well how about you and me and Souled Out? Unless...you're...CHICKEN!

Jericho imitates chicken noises into the mic, which drives Syxx crazy as he apparantly agrees to the match. Jericho had a big grin on his face and then looked back to the guys in the ring.

Chris Jericho: Good. Now, how about a little more fun for tonight? Since I'm on this little powertrip and getting my way...how about a preview to Souled Out? How about...I don't know...Scott Steiner versus...oh say, Kevin Nash?!

The fans wanted to see it, and Scott Steiner definitely wanted it. Kevin Nash seemed less than thrilled, and it looked like he was going to return to the back without accepting the challenge...but then Jericho taunted him with the chicken calls again. Kevin Nash turned around with a sneer and started down the aisle only to be stopped by Scott Hall and Ted DiBiase.

Chris Jericho: Awww, let the big boy come down and play!

Kevin Nash pointed to them in the ring and said he would see Steiner later tonight. The nWo finally returned to the back with WCW's representatives celebrating in the ring.

(80%)

The Blue Bloods vs. Konnan & Hugh Morrus (w/Jimmy Hart)

Another dropoff in match quality for this one. The crowd seemed to be a bit more dead for this match too, I assume this was the popcorn/bathroom break match. Shiavone reminded us of Regal's history with the Television Title and his dirty methods for retaining and how Konnan wants to end the dirty methods. Anyway, Regal started off against Konnan, and was looking good early on as he was taking Konnan to the mat with some classic chain wrestling. When Konnan started to fight his way back into the match, a little cheating did the trick for Regal as well. Regal took Konnan to the mat with a half nelson suplex and then made the tag in to David Taylor. Regal pulled Konnan up and held him in a full nelson as David Taylor hit some European uppercuts to the restrained Konnan. Taylor tries to pick up where Regal left off, but Konnan fought Taylor off and made the tag to Morrus. The power of Morrus was proving to be too much for Taylor as he hit him with repeated clotheslines. A scoop and a slam followed by a standing splash onto Taylor resulted in a two count for Morrus.

It became a bit of a role reversal of sorts as Hugh Morrus and Konnan were actually completely dominating David Taylor, making him the heel in peril. Lord Steven Regal just watched on from the apron, shaking his head in utter disgust that Taylor was being destroyed. Morrus tagged Konnan in and they walked to the corner where Taylor was recovering. Hugh Morrus grabbed Taylor and Irish Whipped him into the opposite corner. He then Irish Whipped Konnan who ran into the corner with a Rolling Clothesline to Taylor as he was stumbling out. Taylor hit the mat and Konnan went for the pin. One Two, Thre...Regal just barely made it in and broke the count, although he did not look happy about having to do so. Konnan stared down Regal as he continued to work over Taylor. Morrus and Konnan continued to show their tag skills as they kept Taylor from making it back to the corner. Taylor finally did manage to gouge Hugh Morrus' eye and then gave him a low blow. Taylor slowly crawled on his knees over to the corner and asked for the tag to Regal. Regal looked very disappointed at the groveling Taylor, but tagged himself in anyway.

Morrus was recovering as Regal entered and gave Morrus a set of European Uppercuts and forearm smashes. Regal worked over Morrus until he went for a underhook powerbomb, but Morrus powered out with a backdrop. Regal began to get back to his feet, but Morrus met him with some right hands and then attempted an Irish Whip, but Regal reversed it and sent Morrus into the ropes. Regal went for a backdrop, but Morrus saw it coming and drove his knee into Regal's head. Morrus tagged in Konnan and they took Regal to the mat with a double clothesline. Regal fought back against Konnan, hitting him with some stiff closed hand fists. Following a hangman neckbreaker, Regal went for the pin - One, Two, kickout by Konnan. Regal pulled Konnan up and sent him into the ropes, but Konnan reversed it. Off the ropes, Konnan met Regal with a kick to the midsection and then planted him to the mat with a mat slam. Konnan wasted no time locking on the Tequila Sunrise to Regal. Taylor tried to make the save, but Hugh Morrus put a stop to that. After a few moments of trying to fight it, Regal gave in and tapped out!

Winners - Konnan & Hugh Morrus

Overall: 60

Crowd: 63

Match: 71

Tony Shiavone: Konnan just got a clean victory over the Television champion!

Bobby Heenan: So? The title wasn't on the line.

Tony Shiavone: Yeah but you think that would qualify him for a title shot!

Bobby Heenan: Nope, I don't see your logic.

Another Match for Souled Out

Coming back from commercials we were brought in on the nWo suite, which was not a very pleasant atmosphere following what happened with Luger, Jericho, Guerrero, and the Steiner Brothers earlier. The entire nWo was present, including nWo Sting and Masahiro Chono. Eric Bischoff was there to address the troops.

Eric Bischoff: Ok listen, we can't worry about Luger or any of them...we'll take care of them at Souled Out.

Kevin Nash: Correction - I'll be taking care of Scott Steiner tonight. At Souled Out it will be a handi-cap match.

Eric Bischoff: See, that's the kind of thinking I like. But right now we have some more important business to handle...and that is the so called World Title match at Souled Out.

Hollywood Hogan: There's no way The Giant is getting this belt brother...it's staying right where it belongs. This is its home.

Eric Bischoff: Exactly. Alright Hollywood, let's go take care of business...

Just as Bischoff and Hogan were about to leave the suite, Jimmy Hart barged in with Konnan right by his side.

Eric Bischoff: What the...what is this all about??

Jimmy Hart: Eric...Mr. Bischoff! Did you just see what happened out there in the ring?

Eric Bischoff: Um no Jimmy, I'm a little preoccupied right now. So if you don't mind...

Konnan: Yo dawg, I just schooled Steven Regal.

Jimmy Hart: That's right, he did! And I think it's pretty obvious that Konnan deserves a shot at the Television Title at Souled Out!

Eric Bischoff: Ugh...listen Konnan, Jimmy, it looks like you do deserve a shot at the title; but Souled Out is the nWo's show, not yours. And for there to be a Television Title....hmm...

Bischoff pauses to think and then a smirk comes onto his face. He glances back into the suite.

Jimmy Hart: What?! What is it??

Eric Bischoff: I just had a GENIOUS idea. Hey Chono - you've had some pretty good wins lately, how would you like a Television Title shot?

Masahiro Chono looked at Bischoff with a confused look on his face, apparantly unable to understand what Bischoff is saying. Scott Hall then leaned over into Chono's ear and whispered something to him. Chono smiled and nodded his head in agreement.

Konnan: Yo yo yo WAIT A MINUTE. Where's my shot?

Eric Bischoff: Now, now Konnan, I never said you weren't getting a shot. Because at Souled Out we're going to have Lord Steven Regal defending his Television Title against Masahiro Chono...AND Konnan. Now if you would excuse us gentlemen, we have somewhere to be.

Konnan and Jimmy Hart left, satisfied that Konnan would be getting the title shot. Bischoff and Hogan then bid farewell to the suite as they headed for the ring.

(82%)

Meet Mr. McLauren

"Voodoo Child" was playing right back from commercials as Eric Bischoff and Hollywood Hogan walked out onto the stage to loud boos from the crowd. Hogan had his belt and was playing it like a guitar on the stage to his music.

Tony Shiavone: We're back fans...and I have no idea what Bischoff and Hogan are up to coming out here right now.

Bobby Heenan: They're up to no good is what they're up to.

Bischoff and Hogan finally got to the ring and Eric Bischoff grabbed the microphone from David Penzer.

Eric Bischoff: What great fans we have!

The fans just continued booing Bischoff as he ignored them.

Eric Bischoff: I just know that everyone is excited about the New World Order presents SOULED OUT this Saturday...I suggest if you haven't pre-ordered it yet...WHAT ARE YA WAITING FOR? It's going to be the biggest show ever put on and a million times better than any of these Dubbya Cee Dubbya shows that are put on every month. How can you not want to see The Outsiders defending the Tag Titles against The Steiner Brothers; or the unlikely tag partners of Jeff Jarrett and Chris Benoit taking on Big Bubba and Michael Wallstreet; or maybe you are wondering about who will be the mystery opponent for Eddie Guerrero? However, there is one match that I know none of you really wanted to see anyway...and that's Hollywood Hogan vs. The Giant. Some of you may be under the impression that this match will be taking place, well I hate to tell you, but it's not going to take place. Because you see, last week The Giant put his hands on me and I happen to be the WCW President. And since he laid his hands on a WCW official, I have NO choice but to suspend him for Souled Out! Thus, he will not be present and there will be no match!

Hollywood Hogan: And it's too bad too, brother! Because I was really looking forward to laying the whoopin' on that big tall joker! But if you're gonna do the crime...you gotta do the time too brother! And that is exactly what The Giant is gonna have to do on Saturday instead of taking on the 24 inch pythons. So it looks like for Souled Out I will be taking the night off and watching the action from the comforts of the New World Order suite. I'll have the best seat in the house for watchin' the black and white defeat WCW!

As Hogan finished, the Giant's theme music cranked up on the speakers around the arena. The Giant walked out to a pop from the crowd and he had a man with him dressed in a business suit and carrying a briefcase. Bischoff and Hogan looked perplexed as The Giant and the man entered the ring.

Eric Bischoff: Wait just a minute here...what is this all about?

The Giant: Mr. Bischoff....Hogan...I'd like you to meet my attorney, Mr. McLauren.

Eric Bischoff: What is the meaning of this?

The Giant: I'd love to explain it to you...but I think he can do it best.

Mr. McLauren: I'm going to cut right to the chase Mr. Bischoff and Mr. Hogan, according to the WCW Rulebook - the WCW World Heavyweight Title must be defended at least once every thirty days. You, Hogan, have not defended your title in the given time and therefore, if you do not defend your belt at Souled Out, the WCW Executive Committee will strip you of the belt and there will nothing even Mr. Bischoff can do about it.

Hollywood Hogan: What? What?!

Eric Bischoff: Calm down...I can handle this. Fine, you want to see a title match at Souled Out? At Souled Out, Hollywood Hogan will defend the World Heavyweight Title against VINCENT!

Hogan and Bischoff laughed as they think they have outsmarted everyone once again, but the lawyer was not through yet.

Mr. McLauren: You think you have all the answers Mr. Bischoff? Well, also according to the rulebook, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion must defend the title against the number one contender before defending it against anyone else, because after all - that is the point of having a number one contender. And as a result of my client's victory at World War III, The Giant IS the Number One Contender to the WCW World Heavyweight Title. And as a result of last week, The Giant has a verbal contract with you Mr. Bischoff for a title match at Souled Out. Failure to make sure you do all within your power to make the match happen, you would be failing to honor your end of the verbal contract, and you can face the consequences of not doing so.

Eric Bischoff: Face the consequences? Is that a threat? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I am the PRESIDENT of WCW. You can't threaten me.

Mr. McLauren: You're right, I do not have the authority to do anything. However, it would be in your best interest to honor your end of the verbal contract, because the WCW Executive Committee does have some say in determining the fate of the WCW President. And I think the WCW Executive Committee would like to see this match at Souled Out.

Hollywood Hogan: Well let me ask you sumthin brother, what makes you such an expert on what the WCW Executive Committee wants?

Mr. McLauren: That's an easy one, Mr. Hogan. That is because not only am I an attorney, but I am also one of the members of the WCW Executive Committee!

Hogan and Bischoff's eyes grew wide and they had a quick talk amongst themselves. Bischoff brought the microphone back up to his mouth as Hogan began to pace around the ring.

Eric Bischoff: Ok...so...it looks like my back is against the wall here. Looks like I have NO choice. Well, alright. But it's going to be hard for The Giant to have a match at Souled Out if he can't MAKE IT TO SOULED OUT!

Just as Bischoff said this, Hogan clocked the Giant from behind with the WCW Heavyweight Title. The Giant fell to a knee as Mr. McLauren quickly exited the ring. Hogan gave The Giant another shot with the belt to send him all the way to the mat.

Tony Shiavone: That was just a cheap shot!

Hogan rolled the large Giant over onto his back and then hit him with the running Legdrop. Hogan stood up and Bischoff celebrated with them as they left the ring with "Voodoo Child" playing once again. They stopped halfway up the aisle to continue their celebration. However, when the turned back to look at the ring, The Giant was getting back to his feet and he was NOT happy to say the least.

Bobby Heenan: Uh oh! The sleeping Giant is awaken!

Hogan and Bischoff were in utter disbelief at how fast The Giant recovered. The Giant spotted Hogan and Bischoff and went for the ropes, stepping out of the ring and then jumping down off the apron. Bischoff and Hogan took off in a hurry backstage as The Giant gave chase.

Tony Shiavone: Look at the cowards run! Hahaha! I'm loving every minute of this!

The screen cut backstage as Hogan and Bischoff were still running for dear life. They made it to a waiting limo and they each jumped into the back seat. The Giant came around the corner just as they slammed the door shut. The Giant made it to the limo and tried to open the door, but found it locked. He gave the door a big kick, leaving a huge dent in the door just as the limo took off. The Giant chased after the limo, but before he knew it - it was gone.

Tony Shiavone: There will be no running from The Giant for Hollywood Hogan at Souled Out!

(84%)

Before the next match, we got a recap of Bagwell/Guerrero from earlier and the set up following the match that led to this next match.

Scott Steiner vs. Kevin Nash

Each man came out by themselves, which was unusual for Nash but perhaps he wanted to prove that the nWo did not need interference to win. Like most matches since Rey and Ultimo, it was decent at best. This was a battle of power against power, as both men went right at each other. Nash held a slight upperhand in that department, and that allowed him to take control early. Nash got Steiner in the corner and worked him over, driving his elbow repeatedly into Steiner's neck. Nash then brought his boot up and began to choke Steiner - One, Two, Three, Four, Nash was forced to release the choke. Steiner stumbled out of the corner into a right hand from Nash that leveled Steiner. Nash bounced off the ropes and went to drop an elbow down onto Steiner, but Steiner rolled out of the way and Nash hit the mat with his elbow. Nash tried to stay on the offensive, but Steiner used a chopblock to take Nash's legs out from under him and as a result send him to the mat. Steiner quickly stomped on the same arm Nash missed the elbow with, taking advantage of a perhaps weakened part of Nash's body. Steiner used Nash's arm to his advantage, and eventually locked Nash with a cross armbar.

Nash's long legs allowed him to reach the ropes and break the hold. Steiner tried to keep Nash down, but Nash's power allowed him to fight his way back up and he drove his knee into Steiner's midsection before a kneesmash to the head sent Steiner to the mat. Nash tried to shake away the pain in his arm, showing that Steiner's strategy was paying off. Steiner didn't want to stay down either, as he got up he managed to catch Nash in a hammerlock. Nash fought his way free with back elbows from his free arm. Nash took another wild swing at Steiner, but Steiner ducked and showed his power as he lifted Nash up and dropped him to them at with a back suplex. Steiner with the cover - One, Two, kickout. Both men got up to their feet. Steiner attempted an Irish Whip, but Nash sent Steiner into the ropes and then got him off the ropes with a back elbow. Nash once again showed the effects in his arm as he had held his arm in pain after sending Steiner to the mat.

Nash shook off the pain and dropped Steiner across the top turnbuckle with the Snake Eyes. Steiner stumbled away from the corner into a sideslam from Nash. Nash with the cover - One, Two, Thr...shoulder up. Nash pulled Steiner up and set him up for the Jackknife, but once he lifted Steiner up, Steiner hit him with some right hands to the head. Nash fell backwards with Steiner landing ontop of him. Steiner stayed on for the cover. One, Two, kickout. Nash got up and went for a right hand to Steiner, but Steiner blocked and then twisted Nash's arm around in an arm-wrench and then pulled him into a short-arm Steinerline. The fans were firing Steiner up as Nash got back up to his feet. Steiner hooked Nash and hit him with a swinging belly-to-belly suplex. Steiner went for the pin - One, Two, Thre....kickout. A frustrated Nash rolled out of the ring to escape Steiner. Steiner wanted to go after Nash, but referee Mark Johnson tried to keep him in the ring. Nash picked up a chair and was walking back towards the ring when Steiner hit him with a baseball slide. Nash dropped to the floor but was still holding the chair. Steiner reached out of the ring and grabbed Nash by the head and began trying to pull him up while still being in the ring..but Nash grabbed the chair and brought it up, slamming it into Steiner's head. Mark Johnson saw this and immediately called for the bell.

Winner via DQ - Scott Steiner

Crowd: 87

Match: 74

Nash climbed back into the ring with the chair and began to measure Steiner up. Mark Johnson tried to stop Nash, but Nash shoved him to the mat. Steiner began to get up as Rick Steiner came running down to the ring just as Nash was about to crack Scott across the skull with a chairshot. Rick Steiner came up from behind Nash and pulled the chair from his hands. Rick Steiner swung the chair, but Nash ducked out of the way and left the ring in a hurry. Nash slowly walked back up the aisle as Rick Steiner helped his brother finish getting up.

Tony Shiavone: A win for WCW...but not the kind of win we wanted.

Bobby Heenan: A win is a win, and I think we should be happy to get what we can at this point.

Mongo Gets the Night Off

The screen cut to backstage in the Four Horsemen locker room, where Chris Benoit was finishing lacing up his boots as his match with Jeff Jarrett was up next. The rest of the Horsemen were all present, including Steve McMichael and Debra, still sporting the black eye.

Ric Flair: Chris! Tonight you have to go out there and you're gonna show Jeff Jarrett EXACTLY why you deserve to be a Horsemen! He doubted your qualifications a couple weeks ago...well you show him what you're made of!

Chris Benoit: I plan on it. I know I belong in the Horsemen...although SOME of us don't.

Benoit was looking directly at Mongo as he said that...

Steve McMichael: Aw come on now! I came out last week to help you, even after what you did to Debra.

Chris Benoit: Help me? I lost last week. Thanks to you and that bimbo.

Steve McMichael: HEY! We tried to help you! It was Jeff Jarrett that caused you to lose.

Chris Benoit: Yeah, but she distracted the ref and you didn't do much help.

Debra: Heeey...Jarrett was trying to help you too. He...just miscalculated.

Chris Benoit: Yeah, whatever. Just do me a favor and BOTH of you stay away from the ring this time.

Ric Flair: You know what Mongo, I think you better just take off for the rest of the night. Me and Arn got things under control here if the nWo decides to interfere. You go ahead and get a head start on us in taking the town! WOOOO! We'll catch up later!

Steve McMichael: But...

Arn Anderson: Ric's right Steve, we can handle things. You and Debra haven't had much time to yourself since becoming a Horsemen, so go ahead and spend some quality time together. Don't you worry about a thing.

Mongo looked to Debra and then reluctantly gave in.

Steve McMichael: Well alright...good luck guys. I'll catch ya later?

Ric Flair: Oh yeah! You bet! WOOOO! Go have a good time kids!

The camera faded to commercials as Steve McMichael and Debra walked out with their bags.

(97%)

Main Event

Chris Benoit (w/Woman) vs. Jeff Jarrett

While it was not as great a match as Rey vs. Ultimo, as far as story telling and crowd reaction it might have been just as good. This match was back and forth with the crowd behind Benoit and Jarrett getting a lot of heel heat. They locked up to start the match. A brief exchange in mat wrestling led to Benoit taking getting an early advantage. Benoit got Jarrett into the corner and hit him with some stiff knife edge chops to light up Jarrett's chest. However, Jarrett finally blocked one and reversed things in the corner so that he could unload some chops of his own to Benoit's chest. But Benoit didn't take long before he blocked Jarrett and fought his way out of the corner with more chops. He then kicked Jarrett in the midsection and took him to the mat with a snap suplex. Benoit went for a quick pin - One, Two, kickout. Jarrett pulled himself up to his feet and Benoit drove a forearm into the side of Jarrett's head and then whipped him into the ropes. Off the ropes Benoit caught Jarrett with a running knee lift to the midsection to send Jarrett flipping over to the mat.

Benoit crawled onto Jarrett and began unloading vicious right hands to Jarrett's head, showing the anger inside Benoit. Randy Anderson finally pulled Benoit off of Jarrett, giving Jarrett some time to get to his feet. Benoit moved in and went for a right hand to Jarrett, but Jarrett blocked it and hit Benoit with some punches of his own. Jarrett took Benoit to the mat with a dropkick and then quickly moved in locking a chinlock onto Benoit. Benoit fought his way to his feet in no time with the fans behind him and broke free with some elbows to Jarrett's midsection. Jarrett sent Benoit back to the mat however as he grabbed Benoit by the head and just whipped his head backwards to the mat. Jarrett quickly hit a kneedrop to Benoit and went for a cover - One, Two, kickout. Jarrett was now establishing control over Benoit. After sending Benoit into the ropes, Jarrett ran off the ropes himself and hit a crossbody onto Benoit for another pin attempt - One, Two, kickout. Jarrett wanted to put Benoit away so he went for the Figure Four - but Benoit countered with a small package roll up - One, Two, Jarrett escaped.

Jarrett was back up to his feet first and immediately took Benoit back down with a clothesline. Jarrett stomped on Benoit and pulled him to his feet. Jarrett whipped Benoit into the corner and then ran in with a clothesline. Jarrett lifted Benoit up to the top turnbuckle before joining him. Benoit tried to fight back, but Jarrett kept him at bay and then came off the top turnbuckle with a superplex that left both men down. Jarrett rolled over and made the cover - One, Two, Th...shoulder up. Jarrett stayed in control until he went for a back suplex to Benoit. Benoit flipped over and landed on his feet. He came up behind Jarrett quickly and hit him with a Release German Suplex. Benoit pulled Jarrett back to the center of the ring and then did the cut throat motion signaling he was going to take to the top rope. But before he could, Michael Wallstreet, Big Bubba, and Vincent arrived at ringside. Wallstreet got on the apron first - but Benoit knocked him down with a right hand. Big Bubba jumped onto the adjacent apron, but Benoit sent him down as well. Benoit climbed out onto the apron as Vincent got up there. Benoit grabbed Vincent and slammed him head first into the turnbuckle and sent him off the apron. Benoit finally got to the top turnbuckle and went for the swandive headbutt to Jarrett, but all this time had given Jarrett plenty of time to roll out of the way.

Jarrett and Benoit both slowly began to pull themselves up as Big Bubba and Michael Wallstreet each got up on an opposite side of the ring. Benoit and Jarrett were both up, but instead of going after each other, Benoit turned and decked Wallstreet while Jarrett turned and decked Big Bubba. They turned around and continued their match with Jarrett going right at Benoit, but Benoit pulled Jarrett down to the mat and locked on the Crippler Crossface! Jarrett tried to fight it off, but was caught in the center of the ring and tapped out.

Winner - Chris Benoit

Crowd: 78

Match: 89

Benoit released the hold and was blindsided by both Big Bubba and Michael Wallstreet. With Jarrett down, Benoit was outnumbered. Vincent joined in on the attack until Ric Flair and Arn Anderson came down to make the save. Jarrett got up and joined in and helped the Horsemen rid the ring of the three nWo members. Bubba, Wallstreet, and Vincent fled the ring as The Horsemen along with Jeff Jarrett stood victorious in the ring.

Tony Shiavone: The Horsemen stand tall...along with Jarrett?! We're out of time...can WCW continue on this momentum heading into Souled Out? Be sure to catch Souled Out to find out!!

Jarrett backed off into the corner, uneasily staring down Benoit and the other Horsemen. The screen faded out on Jarrett and the Horsemen eyeing each other carefully...

End Show.

OVERALL - 76%

QUICK RESULTS

Ultimo Dragon def. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Buff Bagwell def. Eddie Guerrero

Konnan & Hugh Morrus def. The Blue Bloods

Scott Steiner def. Kevin Nash (DQ)

Chris Benoit def. Jeff Jarrett

Guest Prototype

Good show. The opening with DDP and Sting was great. I think DDP will side with WCW. I think youre playing the nWo pretty well so far, and the 4 Horsemen angle is good. Looking forward to Souled Out.

The Weekely Resthold

by John Weekes

It is the week of nWo presents Souled Out, and that means this was the one last Nitro to send everything into mega-hype for the show. There was still room for a couple matches, so they took advantage and threw on an extra two matches to help strengthen the card a bit. I'll have a Souled Out analysis below...but first we must flashback to Nitro:

The Highs

-Diamond Dallas Page-

The show started out on a high note this week with the interview with Diamond Dallas Page. They have done a pretty good job in building up his decision to this week. My only complaint is the bait-and-switch that they pulled by not actually revealing if he is WCW or nWo. But I guess they did that so that they could have the payoff on Pay-Per-View instead, which makes sense. You have to believe we'll find out DDP's answer at Souled Out. But it was still a heartfelt interview by DDP and made a case for both sides to keep the questions alive.

-The Horsemen-

Once again the Horsemen angle was one of the highlights of the show, continuing its streak of goodness. And this week they were even rewarded with the Main Event slot. Granted it still was high in nWo involvement, but that is to be expected with Souled Out being a nWo event. Interesting developments at the end of the match which saw Jeff Jarrett and the remaining Horsemen (Mongo being sent home earlier) work together to fend of the nWo. Intruiging... - and I have to comment on Benoit and Jarrett putting on a great match that only was rivaled by the cruiserweight match...and speaking of which...

-The Cruiserweight Title Match-

Rey Mysterio Jr. and Ultimo Dragon really showed what they were made of in their opening match on Nitro. I've seen some good matches and that will have to rank up there with one of the better TV matches I've seen in quite a while. It's a real pity that the there could not be room made for the Cruiserweight Title being defended on PPV, but that would require either Heel vs. Heel or another Triple Threat, and two triple threats on one PPV might be a bit much. But hopefully WCW will realize the goods the Cruiserweight Title offers and give it more of a prominent role in dates to come.

The Lows

-Luger as a Motivational Speaker?-

As much as I like the idea of finally getting some of these WCW guys to come together, was Lex Luger really the best choice to have rallying the troops? He has about as much charisma as a wet towel. I didn't buy his speech, but I guess The Steiner Brothers and others did. On the other hand, I am glad Chris Jericho got some mic time there as well...this little WCW alliance could really prove to help Jericho break out.

-The Bluebloods vs. Konnan & Hugh Morrus-

As much as I enjoy watching Lord Steven Regal, I really do not like Squire David Taylor or either member of the other team. The match was too long and too boring...you could almost hear the televisions around the world switching over to Raw. Kind of sad to see Regal get pinned cleanly as well, but I guess they had to set up the Souled Out match somehow. And then throw in Masahiro Chono while we're at it...yeah, that came out of nowhere.

Other News and Notes

-There were 6533 fans in attendance for this week's Nitro.

-Nitro won the ratings war this again week, defeating Raw's 5.49 with a 6.01. That is up up .19 from last week, so that's some pretty good news going into Souled Out.

-In an update on the Piper and Savage situation, we can confirm that Piper will indeed be sitting out the rest of his contract with WCW. So it looks like we have seen the last of the Rowdy one in World Championship Wrestling. Save on the other hand will indeed be back now that his new contract has been signed. Could he possibly return at Souled Out?

-No tapings for WCW Saturday Night this week since it will be acting as a preshow for Souled Out. Look for one pre-show match Pay-Per-View to take place.

And speaking of Souled Out...here's what is on the line-up.

Hollywood Hogan vs. The Giant

I hadn't even thought about it until "Mr. McLauren" brought it up on Nitro, but when did Hogan last defend his belt?? Well in any event, he is being forced to defend it against the number one contender The Giant. And now we know that there is no way around it for Hogan. The Giant obviously has a big advantage when it comes to strength and power. Hogan's biggest advantage will be the same advantage every nWo member will have and that's the fact that it is nWo Souled Out, so you have to know they have some tricks up their sleeves to make sure that the night goes their way. But The Giant is basically a one man army, and he may be able to take on anything the nWo throws at him.

The Outsiders vs. The Steiner Brothers

The Outsiders have been dominant with the tag titles since winning them, but the Steiner Brothers are one of the best tag teams ever in professional wrestling. This should be a very interesting match up, but once again you have to give the edge to the Outsiders being their event. Although with the Steiners being involved in the apparant alliance with Luger, Guerrero, and Jericho; they may just have the answer for the New World Order.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Mystery nWo Member

Eddie Guerrero won the United States Title back at Starcade in the finals of the tournament...but he hasn't actually been able to celebrate with his belt since it has been in nWo possession ever since then. Ted DiBiase has been busy keeping the belt warm for whoever wins this match. Rumors are flying as to just who the mystery nWo member will be...and I have my own theories as well. Guerrero has the odds stacked heavily against him since we already know its an nWo Member but also because he has no idea who to prepare for.

Big Bubba & Michael Wallstreet vs. Chris Benoit & Jeff Jarrett

Ric Flair hasn't seen any ring action lately, I just realized that. Hope he's not hurt or anything...anyway, the Horsemen angle continues even as they take part in the WCW's war against the New World Order. We already know that Jarrett and Benoit are not the best of friends, but you have to think Jarrett wants to win this one just as bad as anyone since he still hopes to prove himself Horsemen-worthy. And we did see that they could work together briefly on Nitro. But in an extended situation, their differences could cause this team to explode.

Lex Luger vs. Buff Bagwell

Love it or hate it, Lex Luger is apparantly the leader of the WCW war against the New World Order. But in this battle of the war, it will not put leader against leader, but instead leader vs. guy who is being sent out their to do the dirty work. Don't expect a match classic from these two, but do expect lots of flexing and muscles.

Lord Steven Regal vs. Konnan vs. Masahiro Chono

This is for the Television Title and is really a continuation of the feud between Regal and Konnan; Chono was just thrown in by Bischoff to continue the theme of the night. So I would not expect much out of Chono. Look for more cheating from Regal, but with having to deal with two people this time he may find it more difficult to sneak away once again with his belt.

Syxx vs. Chris Jericho

On paper this one looks pretty good, and could help in making Jericho the star he coudl potentially become. Personally I think they could have threw Ultimo Dragon and Rey Mysterio Jr. into this one and made it for the Cruiserweight Title, but then I'm not the booker, now am I? Oh well, in a card filled with mostly matches that probably won't be anything special, this one's workrate will probably stand out. I'll call this one for match of the night honors.

Remember, they tell us the card is subject to change. So ANYTHING can happen! Souled Out is in a couple days...I'm out!

-John Weekes

RopeBreak.Net

Guest Faded Sanity

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Hollywood Hogan © vs. The Giant

Personally I am picking Hogan as I see the Giant not yet able to stand alone at the top of WCW with the World Title. Maybe in a few more months but not now.

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

The Outsiders © vs. The Steiner Brothers

Seeing how the World Title won't change hands then maybe the Tag Titles will. Steiner Brothers.

WCW United States Championship Match

Eddie Guerrero © vs. Mystery nWo Member

Savage to be the mystery worker or another person that I am begining to get a hunch for. Mystery Opponent wins.

WCW Television Championship Match

Lord Steven Regal © vs. Masahiro Chono vs. Konnan

I see Regal retaining, don't ask me how, I just know it will happen.

Lex Luger vs. Buff Bagwell

Bagwell needs a big break and I think this could be it.

Jeff Jarrett & Chris Benoit vs. Big Bubba & Michael Wallstreet

Jarrett was in the NWO in the dying days of WCW but I don't see you taking that route so I beieve that Jarrett and Benoit work good together and Jarrett finally earns Benoit's respect.

Chris Jericho vs. Syxx

Jericho to carry the torch in this war. I see him winning hands down.

Bonus questions:

-Name the Mystery nWo Member: Diamond Dallas Page

-Will we find out DDP's allegiance? NWO

-Will Randy Savage return? Yes

-Will Sting make an apperance? Yes

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

Hollywood Hogan © vs. The Giant

WCW World Tag Team Championship Match

The Outsiders © vs. The Steiner Brothers

WCW United States Championship Match

Eddie Guerrero © vs. Mystery nWo Member

WCW Television Championship Match