Sam

Mine doesn't even install.

Error Code: -5005 : 0x80070001

Error Information:

>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)

>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1647)

PAPP:Championship Manager 5

PVENDOR:Eidos (##ID_ADDREMOVE_URLPUBLISHER##)

PGUID:ADA3C3A9-B788-4233-845A-D8AFF7D0115A

$10.0.0.159

@Windows XP Service Pack 1 (2600) IE 6.0.2800.1106

Now I've installed it, it doesn't seem that bad.  It's a decent game.  I love the new tactics screen, your men aren't fixed to a certain position, you can drag them anywhere, so basically; you can create your own formations.

It's not like you can't in the SI games. having 30 different positions (31 with the keeper) to put your player should be enough :P

Mine doesn't even install.

Error Code: -5005 : 0x80070001

Error Information:

>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1647)

PAPP:Championship Manager 5

PVENDOR:Eidos (##ID_ADDREMOVE_URLPUBLISHER##)

PGUID:ADA3C3A9-B788-4233-845A-D8AFF7D0115A

$10.0.0.159

@Windows XP Service Pack 1 (2600) IE 6.0.2800.1106

I was planning an all night session on this game last night, Like I have in the past with Football Manager, CM4, CM03/04 etc... But I couldn't, and you know why? Because this game is utter shit.

There's no media interaction, most of the players are over-priced, the matches are rubbish because you can't get a good speed of game, the game is either set in real time, or the game flies through like an instant result. It's also very hard, like the games before Champ Manager 4. You get the same news everyday saying "Insert Name: Targetted". Everyday you are told about somebody being targetted, and they never buy them anyway.

The only thing good about it is the tactics screen. This game isn't worth a tenner, let alone 30quid.

Edited by botchedpiledriver

I was planning an all night session on this game last night, Like I have in the past with Football Manager, CM4, CM03/04 etc... But I couldn't, and you know why?  Because this game is utter shit.

There's no media interaction, most of the players are over-priced, the matches are rubbish because you can't get a good speed of game, the game is either set in real time, or the game flies through like an instant result.  It's also very hard, like the games before Champ Manager 4.  You get the same news everyday saying "Insert Name: Targetted".  Everyday you are told about somebody being targetted, and they never buy them anyway.

The only thing good about it is the tactics screen.  This game isn't worth a tenner, let alone 30quid.