Cincinnati residents pack your bags

Your Mom

Boy Band Singer Runs for Cincinnati Mayor

Mon Apr 4, 3:32 PM ET

Add to My Yahoo!  Entertainment - AP Music

CINCINNATI - Justin Jeffre, a former member of 98 Degrees, wants to be Cincinnati's next mayor, saying his love for his hometown and desire to make it better motivated his decision to run.

"I am serious about this, and I intend to win," Jeffre, 32, said last week.

Jeffre said he wants to bring people from all over the city together through Cincinnati's arts and entertainment venues and build a strong downtown.

"We need to sell this city back to the people of this city," he said. "We've forgotten how great this city can be."

He also wants VH1 to follow his campaign for a reality series. VH1 officials have said no decision has been made on his proposal.

Jeffre doesn't have a political affiliation and plans to run as an independent, his spokeswoman, Andrea Leslie, said.

Mayor Charlie Luken, the incumbent Democrat, has said he won't seek re-election.

Mayoral candidates officially run as nonpartisans. They face off in a primary on Sept. 13, with the top two vote-getters competing in the Nov. 8 election. The filing deadline for the primary is June 30.

We tried to get Nick Lachey in the studio on Friday to tell us what the fuck was going on, but no luck.

Yeah, this is true and yes I do live in Cincinnati, and I don't exactly know what to make of it. I'd like to think he doesn't have a prayer of winning, but this city often amazes me with its randomness.

We tried to get Nick Lachey in the studio on Friday to tell us what the fuck was going on, but no luck.

Yeah, this is true and yes I do live in Cincinnati, and I don't exactly know what to make of it.  I'd like to think he doesn't have a prayer of winning, but this city often amazes me with its randomness.

So you live in Cincinnati, and work in radio?

Should I start the WKRP jokes now, or save them for the next RAW thread?

I do enjoy the Venus Flytrap Lighting.

But, that is town that had Jerry Springer as Mayor and has put up with the Bengals, so who knows?

Yeah, but Springer is actually an intelligent man and was a real politician. He also became an anchor on one of the local news outlets, which is a bad habit for Cincinnati. We love to elect people on the TV, Charlie Luken (current mayor) was a news anchor, his opponent last election was Curtis Fuller, another news anchor. So while I'd love to say Jeffre doesn't have a chance, we're not exactly a city of issues, we're a city of pictures.

And you'd think Sean Casey was the actual mayor yesterday. Nobody does opening day like the Cincinnati Reds! :thumbsup:

Springer was a real politician?  He got caught with a hooker after he paid her with a check....

You decide if he is a real politician...

I didn't say he was a good one, just a real one. But still, Springer (personal issues and television show aside), is an incredibly intelligent man. He has his own show on Cincinnati's new liberal talk station which is pretty boring, but still, he knows his shit.

Jesse Ventura aswell. The is the slight chance that he could be a good mayor IF he gets elected, chances are he won't. I just see this as him trying to get a career, I mean look what reality television has done for others.