Fire ProWrestling series returns to the ring

Corizzle

Classic Japanese wrestling franchise climbs the ropes once again on the PlayStation 2 this summer.

In 2003, Japanese developer Spike said it would close the curtains on its Fire ProWrestling series after the release of Fire ProWrestling Z for the PlayStation 2. The series, which debuted on the TurboGrafx-16 in 1989, isn't dead yet, however. According to Famitsu, a new version of Fire ProWrestling is coming to Japanese PlayStation 2s this August, when Spike releases Fi-Pro Returns. No further details have been revealed, but GameSpot will bring you more information on the game as it becomes available.

Agh, release it in the US! I know they always said Fire Pro will never come to the US because of our copyright laws and then it got released on the GBA and that theory went to hell. We desperately need a console Fire Pro in the States because the wrestling games we have now are some of the worst in years. I'd rather play the ten year old WCW vs. the World than WrestleMania 21, shit, I'd almost play WCW Nitro before WM21. Okay, slight exaggeration, but you get my point. Wrestling games today barely get over the line of mediocre and usually fall into the category of horribly disappointing. Fire Pro to the States NOW!