2005 System Of A Down Summer Tour

livid

SYSTEM OF A DOWN have been confirmed to headline their first major U.S. tour in three years, it was announced today. While specific dates are being confirmed and will be announced shortly, the band will kick off a two-month trek in early August that will see them playing arenas in major and secondary markets throughout North America. It is also announced that THE MARS VOLTA will join SYSTEM OF A DOWN as Special Guests on all of the tour dates; a third act, yet to be announced, will open the shows.

"We're very excited about getting out on the road this summer," said SYSTEM's vocalist Serj Tankian. "It's been a long time since we've done a major American tour, and with THE MARS VOLTA on the bill, I think we're giving our fans a terrific show."

SYSTEM OF A DOWN is currently on a 10-date "guerrilla club tour" playing small venues and debuting a couple of brand new songs from their forthcoming release, "Mezmerize", Disc One of the 2-disc set "Mezmerize/Hypnotize", due out May 17. Disc Two, "Hypnotize", is expected to be released late this fall. "B.Y.O.B.", the first single from the new album, is already a Top 10 track at Rock/Alternative radio, and the band will perform the song when they appear as musical guests on "Saturday Night Live" May 7.

awesome. I doubt I'll check it out due to me being a poor bastard, but it will defentally be a kickass show. Everyone that can should check it out.