IPB 1.3 Skins

Guest [ Tyler ]

Guest [ Tyler ]

Okay, I think this is the right forum for this. Anyway, on my site, Visual.FX, I am trying to import a skin, however I keep getting change the CHMOD settings because IPB cannot do this for you. So I was wondering, can anyone here tell me the right CHMOD settings for the style_images file and the .tar file? Please and thanks. :(

I think you'll likely need to change it to 442 but the safest one is to just change it to 444... I haven't used CHMOD for along time so I can't explain what the different columns of the numbers for but I know that 4 means that it can read/write and something else... where two is only read from.

I am assuming you know what CHMOD is and how to CHMOD, ofcourse by CHMOD I mean via FTP and not actually by using Linux/Unix.

Guest [ Tyler ]

We have a skin in progess but we need a temporary skin. Those CHMOD values skill don't work. I set it to 777, and that's what it said to do. What should the CHMOD be for hte style_images folder and the archive_in folder?