MTV Canada to be rebranded

triplexpac

CHUM To Rebrand MTV Canada and MTV2

Effective June 30, 2005

TORONTO, May 10, 2005 - CHUM Limited (TSX: CHM/CHM.NV.B) today announced that MTV Networks International has decided to exercise its right to terminate its agreement with Craig Media Inc. The channels currently known as MTV Canada, a youth culture channel, and MTV2, a music video channel, will be rebranded effective June 30, 2005.

Details, including the names of the channels and program titles, will be unveiled in the weeks to come.

MTV Canada and MTV2 were among the channels CHUM acquired in its purchase of Craig Media Inc. on December 1, 2004. Under the terms of its original joint venture and licensing agreements with Craig Media, MTV Networks International had the right to terminate such agreements upon a change of control in the entity that owned and operated MTV Canada and MTV2.

As a result of such termination, CHUM will be required to pay to MTV Networks the licence fees remaining under the terms of the agreement, the sum of which was included within CHUM's assessment of the value of Craig Media's assets. These fees total approximately C$10 million. In addition, MTV Networks International will no longer have the option to acquire an equity interest in the channels.

CHUM Limited (TSX: CHM/CHM.NV.B, www.chumlimited.com), one of Canada's leading media companies and content providers, owns and operates 33 radio stations, 12 local television stations and 21 specialty channels, as well as an environmental music distribution division. Through international format licences and program sales, CHUM's original content is seen in over 130 countries worldwide and is distributed via new media platforms, including interactive television, wireless services and exclusive CHUM-branded Internet properties.

Edited by triplexpac

MTV Canada was useless except for that one original show they ran, 969. MTV2 I liked, even though it played a bit more mainstream stuff than I'd hoped. I'm hearing MTV Canada will become a youth oriented channel, while MTV2 will become another Much clone.

MTV Canada was useless except for that one original show they ran, 969. MTV2 I liked, even though it played a bit more mainstream stuff than I'd hoped. I'm hearing MTV Canada will become a youth oriented channel, while MTV2 will become another Much clone.

Much has always >ed MTV

Not since Rachael left :crying:

Amanda Walsh was good, now Leah is the best. Either way they always have 1 "good" VJ. Besides how old is Rick, like 30 now?

MTV Canada sucked though, All the good MTV shows always got here late or never anyway, and MuchMusic shows most of the better ones anyway so MTV Canada was pointless.

Much has always >ed MTV

Not since Rachael left :crying:

Amanda Walsh was good, now Leah is the best. Either way they always have 1 "good" VJ. Besides how old is Rick, like 30 now?

MTV Canada sucked though, All the good MTV shows always got here late or never anyway, and MuchMusic shows most of the better ones anyway so MTV Canada was pointless.

Hannah Sung > George Strompolous... There I said it.

Anyways... who the hell cares? MTV plays LESS videos than Much Music, so I don't really want to see it. and Much Music is loads better. The Wedge, New Music, Going Coastal, Punk Show, Loud.

Much Music is alright... but I was really blown away by EdgeTV, when it was around. Did anyone else happen to catch it? It was basically all music videos, all the time. Concerts, documentaries, all music related stuff. No Pimp My Ride, no Reviews on the Run, none of that stupid Fandemonium crap.

It was my idea of music channel heaven  :wub: