Give me some new bands to listen to

Gongsun Zan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avenged Sevenfold - Waking The Fallen

Why should you get it? Well first off, Avenged Sevenfold are fucking amazing and this album is much better as well as easier to find then their first album. I see that you like AFI, well I guess Avenged Sevenfold could be almost considered like AFI except thrice as hard, thrice as badass and set on fire and kicked in the mouth.

If you want a few select song suggestions...

Chapter Four

Second Heartbeat

An Epic of Time Wasted

We Come Out at Night

That's enough, you want to hear more you damn well better buy the album!

If that's not you cup of tea, maybe try 36 Crazyfists - Bitterness The Star album.

It's slightly better than their second album, A Snow Capped Romance, even though they are both great albums IMO. They're technically a numetal group, well, that's the genre they pretty get thrown into since they aren't quite harsh enough to by pure metal or soft enough to just be rock. But unlike a lot of numetal groups they are more than just another carbon copy band that sounds like every other band, they actually have unique sound to them. They also sometimes get borderline punkish, which actually works quite for them. I dunno, I suck at describing bands, but you should check them up for sure. Give these songs a quick listen.

Ceramic

Chalk White

An Agreement Called Forever

Two Months From A Year

Seriously, check those two bands out, then if you want to hear more go out and get the two albums I mentioned.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

EBG have you heard the new Avenged Sevenfold song? "The Beast And The Harlot", or something like that. It pains me to say it (As I loved their other stuff) that it sucks complete and total nuts. The singers voice sounds fucked and chorus is dire. Even Blink 182 would spit at it.

Naw, I haven't heard it but I think I might know you mean. On the first record the vocals sound terrible, like the lead singer had a frog in his throat on the back up vocals sounded dull and strained. But everything improved greatly on their follow up album. Could be just that song though, but even on Waking the Fallen (the good album), the locals almost lingered into "bleh" territory a few times (if you listen closely)... But the instrumentals were fantastic still. I dunno, I'll have to check it out first.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy