Shenmue

Guest Leeleemu

Guest Leeleemu

I recently plugged my Dreamcast back in and sat back and completed Shenmue and Shenmue 2, in my opinion this was a fantastic RPG and I really do feel strongly about Sega and Microsoft shelving the game.

Has anyone else played it and does anyone else wish they could continue the series? :)

Guest Future Shock

Shenmue is BADASS.

Fucking G4 had it as number 2 of "Worst Game Ever" on their Filter show. Fucking retard fans.

There's a Shenmue MMORPG coming out in Korea this year.

You know what was awesome about the XBox version of Shenmue 2? The filters. You could change all of the graphics into a Western kind, or a darker kind, black and white too. So awesome. Changed the whole vibe.

Guest Leeleemu

In my opinion Shenmue, was totally legendary, i too heard about that 'worst game ever' deal and me and my mates were shocked. I loved the in depth storylines, now we cant even finish them, the creator of it Yu Suzuki stated they planned to make 6 and we are stuck on the second.

It had everything in my opinion and i wish Microsoft and Sega could actually see straight and release another one, it may not have a huge following like Final Fantasy but its like the ECW of the gaming world, release one for us die hard fans! I do know the second game was released years ago and there are no hope another will be released but they should:angry:

Edited by Leeleemu

Shenmue was badass. I only have the first one (I borrowed the second one for the Dreamcast off a mate, but I never finished it). I might look into buying it on the X-Box, if I can find it cheap.

Guest Leeleemu

Shenmue was badass. I only have the first one (I borrowed the second one for the Dreamcast off a mate, but I never finished it). I might look into buying it on the X-Box, if I can find it cheap.

Shenmue was fuckin clasic. I love the action scenes and the ones where u gotta press the button in order to react. I loved that chase scene at the end of the the 1st disc (after you buy your ticket to hong kong, but the guy tries to run away with the money or something) I must of done that thing like 4 times before i got it right

I would do anything to convince SEGA to make Shenmue III, it's just such a great game and the worst part is how the story was supposed to be 6 games and there hasn't been a new one in so long.

If they aren't going to make another game they should at least bring out books or graphic novels that continue the story

Shenmue is hands down the best game I ever played. I know it no longer matches up to today's standards (for example, GTA: San An) but when I first got my hands on Shenmue it was so much better than anything else it was amazing.

I completed Shenmue but I never got to play the second one. I've been VERY tempted to buy the second-hand dreamcast with both games that I keep seeing in my local Gamestation store window. It's only like £32. Well worth it.

Guest Leeleemu

The point is though, I feel if they did continue the series, it would now meet up to all games expectations, I mean I was a huge fan of Fable and really enjoyed it but in my opinion Shenmue is alot more realistic and altogether a better game, yet Microsoft dnt see anything. Its ridiculous, they are now creating a Fable 2 which is more suprising because in the UK it sold just as many as Shenmue did on the dreamcast!

I love Shenmue, I bought the second one for the XBox a while back. Everything about the game is good (well, besides the voice overs). Not only is the actual game good, but it's fun just trying to get all the mini-games too.

Guest Leeleemu

I never played Shenmue 2 on Xbox but were the voice overs still in Japanese with English subtitles because they were English on the first then japanese on the second on the dreamcast!

Edited by Leeleemu

• 9 months later...

Didn't they start making a 3rd installment on Shenmue? Saw screenshots for it a long time ago now. Apparantly it was rumoured that you got to fight Lan Di near the start of the 3rd installment.

The first two were totally awesome though. I couldn't put each onme down untill i had completed them.

It was all about Wang San, the guy you can give money too, to buy him a drink. Then when you can get to meet his brother in Shenmue 2... good times.