Primus

himmelfarht

Agreed totally, I've actually been playing them in my car alot recently. I saw them live last year, around this time actually. The show was amazing, as they played two sets. The first set was alot of different stuff from the Brown Album, Pork Soda, and Sailing the Seas of Cheese. The second set was Frizzle Fry in it's entirety. It was without a doubt the best show I've ever seen.

DAMN FUCKING RIGHT.

Primus are awesome, though it is mainly because of the bass (The drummer is good too, but he rarely gets to showcase his skills in Primus). That's not saying the guitarist and the drummer arn't good, it's just that it's all about the bass, it makes up the bulk of the band.

"......Sea's Of Cheese" is the best album IMO. My 3 of my 6 favourite songs are on there; Tommy The Cat, Jerry Was a Racecar Driver and Is It Luck?

The live DVD's are insane. I've got both, the one from 2004 and the "Animals Shouldn't Try To Act Like Humans" (I think that's right, it's similar anyway) and both are top notch.

To anyone looking to get into Primus, work backwards. I know it's weird to say however Anti-Pop is the easiest to get into. The productions a lot better, so the band doesn't sound thin like in lots of previous albums and lots of the tunes are catchier (Laquer Head is the shit).

Top 6 Songs (Because I can't do 5)

1. Tommy The Cat

2. Nature Boy

3. Jerry Was a Racecar Driver

4. Laquer Head

5. Shake Hands With Beef

6. Is It Luck?

Pudding Time is insane as well, but something about it just doesn't click with me for some reason, it's not top 6 material.

Top Five Primus Songs:

1. Southbound Pachyderm

2. Have A Cigar

3. Tommy The Cat

4. My Name Is Mud

5. N.I.B. (w/ Ozzy Osbourne)

Les Claypool is a madman live. I have the "Hallucino-Genetics - Live 2004" DVD, and watching Les work that bass is... wow. The way his hands just strum without rhyme or reason... goddamn. Just amazing.

But, my favorite stuff of his is on the Buckethead solo CDs. Songs like I Come In Peace and The Ballad Of Buckethead were amazing to begin with (instrumentation wise), but Les' vocals just add... something to them. He's awesome.