Virgin Megastore London

TMM

Just thought I'd pass on some information for any London'ers on the board. Virgin in London are doing some, uh, seemingly random deals tomorrow. An example of some of them:

Alien Quadrilogy - Sale Price: £9.99, RRP: £69.99

PS2 Streamline - Sale Price: £49.99, RRP: £105.99

I can't remember any of the other ones, but those are the two that really stood out to me. Only problem is you're only aloud to buy one thing I believe. If anyone's interested, the doors open at 8am and, I quote 'everything will sell out in minutes'. :D

Alien Quadrilogy - Sale Price: £9.99, RRP: £69.99

someone get me that one, i´ll paypal moneny for shipment and sale price or send something from germany in return.

:lol:

Ya know what, if it's possible for me to get more than one thing (which I don't think it is) I'll get one for you. But don't count on it. :P

I'll let ya know if I do, I've just gotta hope I can get it for myself first! If I don't get it I'll cry...

Fuck it, I'm going. I don't know what the hell I'll buy, but at least it'll give me a reason to get up in the morning.

Where did you find the details of this apparent sale?

I was in London today and my friend was handed a leaflet by some guy/girl. There are more deals, but I don't have a leaflet myself. :(

EDIT:

Nirvana: With the Lights Out - £9.99

The Beatles: Capitol Albums - £9.99

Michael Jackson: The Ultimate Collection - £9.99

Johnny Cash: The Collection - £9.99

Led Zeppelin: Remasters - £9.99

Black Adder: The Complete Black Adder - £9.99

Indiana Jones - £9.99

The OC: First Season - £9.99

Shadow of Rome: PS2 - £9.99

The Getaway: Black Monday PS2 - £5.99

Killzone: PS2 - £5.99

CM05 - £9.99

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory PS2 - £12.99

Unreal Championship 2 X-Box - £12.99

Doom 3 X-Box - £19.99

The Matrix: Online PC - £14.99

Dan Brown: The Da Vinci Code – 99p

Dan Brown: Angels and Demons – 99p

Bon Jovi: One Hundred Million - £9.99

Sex and the City: Season 6 - £9.99

Alien Quadrilogy - £9.99,

PS2 Streamline - £49.99

Those are the ones on the leaflet. Stoky...let me know what ya wearing and I'll come and mug you :shifty:

EDIT 2: By the way, I BELIEVE the sale is in both the Virgin's in London; the one opposite Tottenham Court Road tube station on Oxford Street and...uh, the other one, the one near Trocadero. I know that it's DEFINETLY in the Oxford Street one, but I'm not sure about the other one.

Edited by The Monkey Molester

Out of that list, the Complete Blackadder for a tenner looks sweet. Maybe I'll walk in, pick it up, and stroll around with it under my arm as I search around for anything potentially more worthwhile to buy instead. >_>

And if the One Item Only stipulation does indeed apply, then it's a quick tube ride from Tottenham Court Road to Piccadilly for me. (H)

Edited by stokeriño

If it's all over the UK i'll get The Complete Blackadder and The OC and then flog the OC on e-bay. Or I might get Unreal Championship, I dunno.

FUCKING HELL. I'll be in Manchester tomorrow. Anyone know if; A) This is all over the UK, B) Where Virigin in Machester is, C) What time Virgin in Machester is open until.

I want Blackadder.

Edited by Funk Odyssey

You can find maps to the Virgin Megastores in Manchester here:

http://www.virginmegastores.co.uk/scat/northofengland

There are like two or three, but don't be fooled by the one at the top of the list labelled 'Opening 4th August'. :P

Gah. I got there at 8:10 and the Complete Blackadder was already sold out! Annoyed but resiliant in my quest for comedy, I instead bought:

The Complete Black Books (£24.99)

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure/Bogus Journey Double Set (£6.99)

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (£3.99) - not comedy, but it was about time I actually owned it.

So yes. If any of you actually managed to get the Complete Blackadder for £9.99 I will hate you forever. Or force you to sell me it for £20. Either way. :shifty:

I was there at 7:45 and I hate to queue round the corner. I got in there at about 8:05 and the Alien Quadrilogy had sol out, as had the PS2 streamline, as had the Indiana Jones Trilogy. :(

I bought Trainspotting for £4.99, Apocolypse Now for £3.99 and The Rocky Horror Picture Show for £4.99. There really wasn't much of interest by the time I got in though.

I also bought the Sport with promises of Rachel Stevens topless and I was lied to!!!