David Hasselhoff Arrested

Gene Kiniski

David Hasselhoff was arrested over the weekend on suspicion on driving while intoxicated, police tell the Associated Press.

The former "Baywatch" and "Knight Rider" star, 51, was arrested late Saturday night on Ventura Boulevard in the Encino section of the San Fernando Valley, said police spokeswoman Sara Faden.

He was released the next morning.

In July 2002, PEOPLE reported that weeks after his publicist dismissed a New York Post report that the actor-singer was spotted falling down outside a Manhattan nightclub, Hasselhoff announced that he had checked himself into the Betty Ford Center.

"He realized his social drinking had increased more than he was comfortable with," said his rep, "and he decided to do something about it."

Those close to the former "Baywatch" star were relieved, the magazine reported at the time. (Hasselhoff and wife Pamela, 41, have two daughters, Hayley, 11, and Taylor, 13.)

"I'm glad that David is finally helping himself," said a close friend. "I think he knows that he needs to work on things to improve his life."

06/07/04

I had to post this because when I saw the name I thought of the board member.