Movies I Should See

I think I've been missing out. I didn't start getting into movies until later so I've never even seen movies like Gone In 60 Seconds or The Godfather. I have however gotten better and watched many of the newer movies (5 or 6 years old until now). I have seen Pulp Fiction and Orgasmo recently. Any other movies I should watch?

Here are a short list of films I recommend(don't know if you've seen them) :)

Raging Bull

The Aviator

Goodfellas

The Godfather II

Almost Famous

American Beauty

Casablanca

Citizen Kane

On The Waterfront

Guest Josef Stallion

Man, anything with Pacino is good(except Bobby Deerfield, I didn't like that movie).

I recommend Scarface, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Fight Club, Rambo First Blood, Die Hard, Old School, Training Day(it'll get you confused, but IMO it's a very good movie), teh Crow, and some others that I can not think about right now.

EDIT: OH, Goodfellas.

Edited by Josef Stallion

Ahhh top films a go-go...Watch all of these and you will learn.

Seven Samurai

Zatoichi

Fight Club

Amelie

Battle Royale

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

Ran

Alien

Apocalypse Now

Hero

Croupier

The House Of Flying Daggers

Trainspotting

Memento

The Sting

Scarface

Schindlers List

Intacto

Vanilla Sky

Old Boy

Alien

I prefered Aliens, but the first one was a landmark film, I suppose.

I would have to reccomend most of the ones that hamstah did, but with a few more action films like Die Hard, Terminator 2, Equilibrium, The Killer, Hard Boiled, Rocky, 28 Days Later, Commando and Predator.

A few of my favourite non-action films: Schindlers List, True Romance, Layer Cake, True Romance, Fifth Element and Apocalypse Now.

Some that I've really liked watching in the last 5 years or so that you might also are (in no particular order, and not counting reeeally obvious ones like Kill Bill, Lord of the Rings, or the Matrix):

Mulholland Drive, Final Destination 2, 2LDK, Bowling for Columbine, Half Baked, Truman Show, Saving Grace, Butterfly Effect, Cabin Fever, Donnie Darko, Dark City

Some that looked like they'd be lame from the adverts, but were surprisingly not bad:

Shaun of the Dead, Soul Plane, How High, Dude Where's My Car?, A Dirty Shame:NC-17 version (not the "Neuter Version" that's available at Blockbuster), Underworld, Resident Evil (but not the sequel).

Edited by Besmirched Tea

Some suggestions off the top of my head:

Narc

Saving Private Ryan

American Beauty

Black Hawk Down

American History X

City of God (My favorite, genuine foreign film at the moment)

Serpico

Dog Day Afternoon

The Usual Suspect

The Way of the Gun

Donnie Darko

Kill Bil Vol. 1 & 2

Heat

El Desperado

From Dusk 'Til Dawn

Once Upon A Time In Mexico

Three Kings (VERY underrated movie, in my opinion)

I tried to not list any of the other movies that have already been posted, but I may have. If I did, my bad. But yeah, that's a pretty good list, in my opinion.

Edited by Mysterio2000X

Oh, and the Kill Bill movies

No, just no. Two of the most overrated pieces of shite ever to have existed. I have never watched a more boring film than the first one and the only saving grace of the sequel was that I ended up having sex during because me and my girlfriend were so bored.

Just horrible.

If you want movies off the beat and path of most major films (AKA indies), you can't go too wrong with sex, lies, and videotape, Secretary, and The Rules of Attraction.

All three are movies that are extremely well done, though they aren't necessarily for everyone (especially TROA and Secretary).

Full Metal Jacket

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3

Friday The 13th

Dawn Of The Dead (The Original)

Platoon

Gettysburg

Bubba Ho-Tep

Star Wars

Star Trek 2 - The Wrath Of Kahn

Not all these movies are greats, but I enjoy these.

Not that your gonna actually watch all the movies everyone has posted...but I thought I'd post some of the ones I like to show people who haven't seen them.

Insomnia

The Royal Tenenbaums

Election

Memento

Requiem for a Dream

Suicide Kings

Igby Goes Down

Magnolia

The Big Lebowski

Swingers