War Of The Wars

wCwCreator

I few things irked me.

Why did they wait so long before attacking, weren't they buried underground for millions of years? Wouldn't it have been easier to attack a planet that wasn't fully developed?

The narrator went out of his way to tell us how intelligent the aliens were...Well if they were THAT intelligent then they would have realised that they couldn't have survived in our eco system.

If we're to blieve the above they should have died as soon as they started taking the humans blood.

Oh and the aliens looked kind of crappy.

Apart from that I liked it.

Guest clintcasey

This movie was decent at best. Asside form the ending and the aliens using tripods it didn't realy stick to the original story at all. The original story follows a news reporter who was on the scene when the aliens arrived. He survives by hidding in the basement of a house until all fight is over. Instead we get this divorced dock worker and his two kids. At least they stuck to the original ending where the aliens got sick and died, but the thing is in the original the Aliens came from Mars and attacked. Their attack realy wasn't planned out or anything too well. They just attacked without warner.

Now in the latest version we have the aliens who have had these massive weapons burried right underneith our feet for million years and not only did we not discover them before they attacked but despite all their carefull planning they didn't have the inteligence to know search for foriegn bacteria that could be harmfull to them. If they had stuck with the original title "Steven Spielberg Presents War of the Worlds." I might have been a bit more lieniant. But this retelling of the story completly butchered the original work.

4 out 10

How can you say it didn't stick with the story? :\ It followed the storyline of the attack, but followed different - more updated - characters. For example in the original you have a Priest, who thinks he can stop them. In this version we have Tim Robbin's (I think) character, who's crazy and things he can fight them all. It's updating the way things work, because times have changed.