War Of The Wars

wCwCreator

I seen it, had doubts going in along with the bad taste of Tom Cruise publicity and after watching it for approx 2 hours. It was GREAT!

Best movie of the year so far.

I've hyped it up soo much now. Go see it, see for yourself.

Edit: Haha, I mean War of the Worlds

Edited by wCwCreator

My and my boyfriend started laughing at the end. Kinda of sad because I was totally into the movie up until then and it just totally ruined it for me. Rather then going home rather scared, because I was, we were laughing all the way to the parking lot.

Still worth the price of a ticket....but you should leave before the final 5 minutes.

My and my boyfriend started laughing at the end.  Kinda of sad because I was totally into the movie up until then and it just totally ruined it for me.  Rather then going home rather scared, because I was, we were laughing all the way to the parking lot.

Still worth the price of a ticket....but you should leave before the final 5 minutes.

I felt the same way about Signs. Why must they throw in such stupid bullshit endings to every extra terrestrial movie they make.

Marked for spoilers? The original War of the Worlds book has been around forever, as has the radio play and old film.

I'd say it's better then Independence Day. ID4 was more of a popcorn movie though whereas WoW realy goes for the scares.

I loved the movie, the ending wasn't all that good though. It really didn't live up to what had been going on throughout the movie. Instead of some dramatic fight type scene all we see is fuckin birds on a machine. I never saw the first movie but even though the end of this was bad..I loved the movie. All in all it was worth the $5 I paid to see it!

When we got to the show, I was pissed because we had to sit so close to the screen, but it was awesome for this movie, you got so close you felt like you were there running along side Tom.

As others have said, the ending was somewhat weak, personally, I thought it could've been a bit more climactic, maybe if the other tripods could've tried to come to the rescue with it ending in some sort of battle in Boston, that would've been sweet.

Also, if they would've told about how Robbie got to Boston, that;d be cool. And I wish Dakota Fanning would've had more than a scream for a line.

I thought that it was a good film, but a few things kept bothering me. The first one is that the author(Don't know if it was H.G. Wells or the author of the screenplay) did not completly understand what humans would do. For example when Robbie has to see the aliens. Why Tom Cruise is holding Robbie down, Sarah(is that the sister's name) was grabbed. Now if Robbie loved her(like they showed throughout everypoint before this.) he would go try to help his sister, but no he goes off. Just wrong.

Something else that really aggravated me was how they always had the best luck. Always having driving lanes and being the only ones that make it to the shore when they were in the water.

Also the ending was weak. I think in the radioplay(been years since I read it) that we read about the guy sneezing on one of the head to give the aliens their cold. Also, how was the house in Boston(I would think the city would of gotten destroyed.) still standing? How are all of the people still alive. And how did Robbie get there perfectly fine.

Hugar's rating was 7/10 for if you see it in a movie theatre and 5/10 if you see it at your house(As you need the big screen for all the effects.)

I thought that it was a good film, but a few things kept bothering me.  The first one is that the author(Don't know if it was H.G. Wells or the author of the screenplay) did not completly understand what humans would do.  For example when Robbie has to see the aliens.  Why Tom Cruise is holding Robbie down, Sarah(is that the sister's name)  was grabbed.  Now if Robbie loved her(like they showed throughout everypoint before this.) he would go try to help his sister, but no he goes off.  Just wrong. 

Something else that really aggravated me was how they always had the best luck.  Always having driving lanes and being the only ones that make it to the shore when they were in the water.

Also the ending was weak.  I think in the radioplay(been years since I read it) that we read about the guy sneezing on one of the head to give the aliens their cold.  Also, how was the house in Boston(I would think the city would of gotten destroyed.) still standing?  How are all of the people still alive.  And how did Robbie get there perfectly fine.

Hugar's rating was 7/10 for if you see it in a movie theatre and 5/10 if you see it at your house(As you need the big screen for all the effects.)

• 2 weeks later...

I few things irked me.

Why did they wait so long before attacking, weren't they buried underground for millions of years? Wouldn't it have been easier to attack a planet that wasn't fully developed?

The narrator went out of his way to tell us how intelligent the aliens were...Well if they were THAT intelligent then they would have realised that they couldn't have survived in our eco system.

If we're to blieve the above they should have died as soon as they started taking the humans blood.

Oh and the aliens looked kind of crappy.

Apart from that I liked it.