World Wrestling Federation 2001

user posted image

WWF Smackdown

January 11th 2001

Oakland Arena (2,942) – Oakland, California

Smackdown hits the air and the camera focus is straight to the ring and more importantly the fifteen-foot high steel cage that is ominously hanging above. Cole and King speculate as to who may step inside before, NO CHANCE THAT’S WHAT ‘CHA GOT! Vince McMahon makes his way to the ring with his daughter Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and WWF Champion Kurt Angle closely behind. No security this week and the crowd let all three know what they think of them before the trio enter the ring. Kurt grabs a microphone, whips it off and hands it to Vince.

Vince McMahon “Now I bet you’re wondering why I have no security here tonight. Well let me clear up that mystery for you because last week Austin *The crowd cheers* last week Steve Austin showed his true colours, last week Austin showed what down right bottom feeding scum he is! *The crowd boo* Last week Austin preformed criminal acts against myself and my family and this week that son of a bitch is where he belongs, JAIL! *The crowd boo* You can boo all you want but it doesn’t change the fact that Austin is rotting in a prison cell and lets face it, who in their right mind is gonna bail him? As far as I’m concerned Austin is as good as, FIRED!"

The crowd continue to boo Vince as he hands the microphone over to a gracious Olympic gold medallist.

Kurt Angle “Thank you Mr McMahon, now do you people see what a disgusting role model Steve Austin is? Do you people finally realise the example that this man sets to our kids and next generation of Americans is wrong? How can you condone criminal damage to Mr McMahon’s property?”

The crowd cheers, as Angle looks disgusted.

Kurt Angle “I knew Oakland had gone down the crapper! *The crowd boo* But I didn’t realise it was this far down! But then I only have to look at the Golden State Warriors, to show what a bunch of losers the people from this city are! *The crowd boo* I mean seriously, if I lost 63 matches in one year, I want to shoot myself in the freakin head!”

The crowd boo loudly as Angle calms down.

Kurt Angle “Austin, when you final get to hear this, when you final get your redneck ass out of jail, turn up the volume and listen for once in your life. You will never get another shot *Kurt points to the WWF Title around his waist* at my WWF Championship! You aren’t championship material Austin and frankly you make me sick!”

Kurt hands the microphone over to Stephanie who also has something to announce.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “With that business out of the way, I’m sure you may have noticed the 15 foot high steel cage hanging above the ring! We all know how brutal a steel cage match can be and how unforgiving the steel is to the human body and rest assured tonight, two men well beat the living hell out of each other in that very steel cage! *The crowd cheer* Or perhaps once man in particular will be anyway because tonight inside a steel cage it’s going to be Test verses KANE!"

The crowd get a little excited as Kurt applauds Stephanie. Steph hands the microphone back to her father.

Vince McMahon “Now perhaps you people haven’t quite got it yet because lets face it, inbreeding is common in these parts *The crowd boo* and in case you haven’t let me spell it out for you. *Vince points to himself, Stephanie and Kurt* WE RUN THIS DAMN PLACE!

Vince throws the microphone down as the crowd boo and the trio then make their way to the back.

Michael Cole “Vince sounds out a powerful message King.”

Jerry Lawler “Yeh! You don’t cross the boss!”

Commercial Break

Smackdown returns with Undertaker entering Kane’s dressing room. Kane looks up from his seated position.

Undertaker “Now I know you have a big match tonight inside a steel cage and I know you don’t need me to motivate you but I’m gonna say one thing to you Kane.”

Taker gets right in Kane’s face and neither man shows intimidation.

Undertaker “Show me I’m right.”

Kane and the Deadman stand face to face.

Michael Cole “Show me I’m right? What does that mean?”

Jerry Lawler “I don’t know Cole but Undertaker has some agenda with Kane, I just wish I knew what it was!”

Christian w Edge Vs D-Von Dudley w Buh Buh Ray Dudley

Both men show they can wrestle outside of a tag team with a thoroughly entertaining match. D-Von starts off the aggressor with a number of stiff knockdowns. Edge is the first to try and get involved when he provides a distraction for Christian to club D-Von from behind. Referee Jack Doan has to hop outside to keep Buh Buh in his corner while Christian chokes D-Von in the middle of the ring. Christian finally breaks the hold and wastes no time with some fast and furious offence. Christian off the ropes, but D-Von counters with a powerslam! D-Von covers but only gets two! Edge is on the apron and D-Von knocks him down. D-Von turns around and small package! One! Two! Three! Christian steals it! Buh Buh runs into the ring but Christian scarpers and he and Edge make their way to the back delighted with their work and The Dudley’s are left seething.

Winner: Christian

Commercial Break

Vince is in a backstage corridor and on his mobile phone, looking rather agitated.

Vince McMahon “What do you mean he’s been released? *The crowd cheer* Who in the hell posted bail? Some blonde women?”

Vince suddenly realises what has happened and shuts his phone aggressively. Vince storms down the corridor and into Debra’s dressing room.

Vince McMahonWHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?"

Debra “I, I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Vince McMahon “Don’t play dumb with me you stupid bitch! You posted Austin bail didn’t you? *The crowd cheer and Debra just looks down hoping the ground will swallow her up* What in the hell is wrong with you?”

Debra just looks down at the ground as McMahon pauses

Vince McMahon “You know what? I don’t care! Because YOU’RE FIRED!

Debra suddenly kicks into gear.

Debra “No Vince I quit, I’m sick of being treated like dirt around her, especially since Mick left. You can stick you’re job and as far as my husband goes, yeah I did post his bail and he’s coming here, tonight!

The crowd erupt as Mr McMahon gulps and walks off looking worried.

Michael Cole “Austin’s going to be here tonight!”

Jerry Lawler “Oh no! Security! Oh no.”

Billy Gunn Vs Steven Richards w Ivory

Billy Gunn takes early control with some straight brawling until Richards catches him with a foot in the corner. Richards has control and uses a slow deliberate pace to slowly wear down Gunn. Richards throws Gunn off the ropes and ducks his head. Neckbreaker! Gunn hits back! Gunn comes off the ropes with a clothesline, and another and another. Bad Ass is building momentum now! Gunn off the ropes but Ivory has his leg. Richards jumps on Gunn with a clubbing blow and starts to pound away at Gunn. Gunn fights back with right hands and seems to be in control until Ivory jumps on the apron. Suddenly Chyna comes through the crowd! Chyna takes away Ivory’s legs and Ivory hits the apron hard! Chyna throws Ivory into the steel steps and Bad Ass turns back to the action only to be pounded away at again. Gunn fights back with a knee to the gut, off the ropes. FAMEASSER! Gunn hits the Fameasser! One! Two! Three! Chyna has returned and gets some revenge! Chyna and Billy celebrate in the ring together as the crowd cheer.

Winner: Billy Gunn

Commercial Break

We come back to Raw and Rikishi entering the McMahon private lounge where Stephanie is waiting.

Rikishi “You wanted to talk to me?”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Rikishi sit down, please sit down.”

Rikishi takes a seat as Steph begins to speak.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Let me get straight to the point, tonight Test is facing Kane inside a steel cage and I want to make sure he gets what’s coming to him.”

Rikishi sits forward and learns towards Stephanie.

Rikishi “So what do you want from me?”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “All I want to do is make sure things go according to plan.”

Rikishi “I see what you’re getting at Steph and I’ll do it, only there’s one problem.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Oh don’t worry, you’ll get your reward for helping the McMahon’s. We don’t forget those who help us Rikishi.”

Rikishi “No it’s not that, if I go into that ring I’m gonna kick both Test’s and Kane’s ass!”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “I don’t care what you do, just make sure Test doesn’t walk out of this arena!”

Rikishi nods his head before getting up and leaving a very happy billion-dollar princess.

Michael Cole “As if Test didn’t have the deck stacked against him before, now the billion dollar princess has gone and got Rikishi to step in!”

Jerry Lawler “It’s just a little insurance Cole.”

Michael Cole “Well in my opinion it’s simply, not right.”

Chris Benoit Vs Jeff Hardy

Excellent match between the two, Benoit started off stronger with some stiff chops and a series of take downs until Jeff picked up the pace. Jeff is on the top rope but Benoit has caught him up top. SUPERPLEX from the top! Benoit sacrifices himself in order to punish his opponent! Benoit starts to wear down the quicker Hardy now with a succession of crisp moves. Benoit whips Hardy but Hardy rebounds with a head scissors throwing Benoit outside! SUICIDE DIVE! This time Hardy puts his body on the line to punish Benoit! The crowd love it! Jeff throws Benoit inside and covers but only gets the two. Jeff has picked up the pace again with a second wind and Benoit is in trouble. Hardy comes off the ropes, CROSSFACE! CROSSFACE! Benoit traps Hardy in the Crossface! Hardy is screaming in pain! Hardy taps out! Referee Earl Hebner calls for the break after the bell but Benoit gives Hardy just a few more seconds of agony before releasing. Benoit sends a message to Matt Hardy ahead of the Royal Rumble!

Winner: Chris Benoit

Commercial Break

We come back to Smackdown and a frantic Vince searching the corridors. He finally enters Kurt Angles locker room to find Stephanie and Kurt.

Vince McMahon “Stephanie! Stephanie! I need to…………………………….”

Vince pauses and looks at Kurt and Stephanie with some surprise.

Vince McMahon “Wait. What are you doing in here?”

Kurt Angle “That would be my fault Mr McMahon, you see we’re just talking over tonight’s main even and making sure everything goes to plan.”

Vince McMahon “And that’s all?”

Kurt looks a little puzzled before Stephanie angrily rebuffs Vince.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Of course that’s all Dad!”

Vince reaffirms himself.

Vince McMahon “Ok. Anyway I have more pressing business to attend to. Thattttt bimbo Debra has posted bail for Austin and he could be here any minute so we all need to leave the arena.”

Vince and Kurt start to walk but Stephanie refuses to budge.

Vince McMahon “Come on Stephanie!”

Stephanie still refuses to budge.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “No Dad! You two may have nothing to stay for but I made myself special guest referee in the main event and I’ll be damned if some redneck is going to ruin my plans!”

Vince gives a chessed off look before finally relenting.

Vince McMahon “Fine we’ll stay but I’m having full security around us at all times and I want a guard in that ring with you.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “But Dad!”

Vince McMahon “No buts! You’re having security in the ring!”

Steph relents as Kurt begins to talk.

Kurt Angle “Well I’ll just be getting off then.”

Vince McMahonWHA? What? Where do you think you’re going?”

Kurt Angle “I’ve got to get off Vince, see ya around.”

Vince is clearly getting more and more agitated with Kurt and puts his hand out to stop him.

Vince McMahon “Wha? What’s so important that you have to leave?”

Kurt Angle “There’s……….. something…………….. on…………… TV…………. that I have to watch.”

Vince McMahonTHERE’S SOMETHING ON TV YOU HAVE TO WATCH?

Kurt Angle “Yehhhhh, myyy brother, Eric, is on Jeopardy tonight.”

Kurt quickly rushes off as Vince drops his hand and he and Steph look at each other dumb founded.

Vince McMahon “Jeopardy?”

Michael Cole “Jeopardy? I think Kurt Angle’s a little scared personally.”

Jerry Lawler “No! No he’s not and Eric really is on jeopardy, I’m taping it at home, if he asked I would of lent it him though.”

Michael Cole “Sure he is King. Sure he is.”

Action switches to Lillan Garcia and Chris Jericho. The crowd give a loud cheer for Y2J.

Lillan Garcia “Tonight Chris you face William Regal, what are you thoughts ahead of your match?”

Chris Jericho “I think you forgot something Lilly-Ann.”

Lillan looks a little puzzled before Jericho fills her in.

Chris Jericho “You forgot to mention that this IS the year of JERICHOOOOOOO!

The crowd give a loud cheer supporting Y2J’s statement.

Chris Jericho “But you were right about one think Lillan, tonight Y2J is going one on one with that tea sipping jackass but lets face it, it’s not going to be much competition. I mean in one corner you have the ayatollah of rock and rolla, Chris Jericho! And in the other you have a big, filthy, disgusting, assclown! *The crowd cheer* Now I know you’re a big fan of royalty Regal and that’s perfect because tonight I’m going to royally kick you’reeee ass!”

Jericho walks off as the crowd cheer.

Michael Cole “It’s Jericho, Regal, Next!”

Chris Jericho Vs William Regal

Another superb match! Regal starts us off with some southpaw punches and some chops in the corner. Both put on an impressive series of chain wrestling until Jericho takes Regal down with a clothesline. Jericho maintains the edge until Regal nails a knee to the gut and folds Jericho up with a sweet back suplex that drops Jericho right on his head! When we come back from a commercial break Regal has control and keeps it with some sweet technical moves. Regal hooks Y2J up for a suplex but Jericho slips out! Jericho pushes Regal into the ropes and rolls him up for a near fall! Jericho ducks a right hand and nails a back body drop on Regal. Jericho climbs up top and waits for Regal to stand, MISSILE DROPKICK! Suddenly Raven appears from the back and walks towards the ring. Jericho is distracted and Regal takes the advantage and rolls him up. Referee Mike Chioda counts the three. Regal slips out the ring quickly and Raven walks to the back leaving a fuming Jericho.

Winner: William Regal

Commercial Break

We come back to Smackdown with security walking towards Vince’s desk in his office.

Vince McMahon “What is it?”

Security Guard “There’s a Miss Stratus to see you sir.”

Vince McMahon “Is there anyone with her?”

Security Guard “No it’s just her.”

Vince McMahon “Send her in and stand outside. If anyone wants me then I’m not here, ok?”

Security Guard “But sir……………………..”

McMahon cuts him off angrily.

Vince McMahon “Don’t question a McMahon dammit!”

The guard lets a skimpily dressed Trish in and completes the rest of Vince’s orders. Trish walks towards Vince and sits on his desk, seductively showing some leg.

Vince McMahon “And how may I help you Miss Stratus?”

Trish Stratus “Well I was just terribly lonely and needed someone to talk to.”

Vince McMahon “You needed someone…………………………….”

Trish cuts Vince off with some tonsil hockey to some cheers as Smackdown hits a break.

Jerry Lawler “No don’t go now! They were just getting to the good bit!

Commercial Break

We come back to Lillan Garcia again, this time with Test who gets some cheers.

Lillan Garcia “Tonight Test you have a huge match against Kane inside a steel cage. Are you worried what Kane might do to you?”

Test “Am I worried? No, I’m not worried about Kane or what he is gonna do to me because what ever it is I’ll survive it. He can do what ever the hell he likes because I’ll survive it and pay it back with interest!

Test walks off looking motivated.

Commercial Break

Steel Cage Match

Kane Vs Test

Stephanie referee’s the match with a sole security guard outside. Referees outside lock the cage and then Stephanie ushers them to the back. Both men were in their element here and any weaknesses they may have were well hidden by the stipulation. Kane starts off dominating the powerful Test with even more power. Kane throws Test into the steel, into the buckle, into his boot, into his fist, whatever it takes to get the job done, much to Stephanie’s delight. Test does mount some offence when he dodges a top rope clothesline and hits the Big Boot, much to Stephanie’s chagrin. Test doesn’t try to escape or pin and instead starts to mount his power offence onto Kane and throws him various times into the steel. Test comes off the ropes, BIG BOOT! Kane sticks his foot right down Test’s throat! Kane picks up Test and throws him HARD into the steel. TEST IS BUSTED WIDE OPEN! Stephanie is smiling! Kane picks up Test and CHOKESLAM! Kane covers but Stephanie refuses to count, she tells Kane she wants him to hurt Test more. Kane advances on Stephanie who backs into the corner. He grabs Stephanie by the throat! Rikishi now comes running down and Kane see’s him and releases Stephanie who drops to the floor as we go to an ad break. We come back to Smackdown and we are shown during in the break footage of Rikishi using wire cutters to get into the cage! Rikishi and Kane trade blows. Rikishi goes down low with a low blow on Kane and Kane drops. Test see’s this and nails the Big Boot on Rikishi! Kane gets up, BIG BOOT TO KANE! Test can escape! TEST WINS! TEST ESCAPES THE CAGE THROUGH THE DOOR! Kane is irate and picks up and chokeslams Rikishi! Kane isn’t done! The Big Red Machine wants revenge and takes Rikishi outside, TOMBSTONE ON THE OUTSIDE! Rikishi is out and Kane is done!

Winner: Test

Stephanie is irate, in the middle of the cage as the guard goes across and locks the door with a new chain. Stephanie looks confused. The guard enters the ring and Stephanie starts shouting at him. Suddenly the guard flips the bird! The crowd go nuts as the guard takes of a disguise to reveal AUSTIN! STEPHANIE IS LOCKED INSIDE THE CAGE WITH AUSTIN! Austin motions that Vince better get his ass out here and quickly a worried Vince comes onto the rampway with a microphone.

Vince McMahon “Austin! Austin! Don’t do anything stupid! We can sort this out. You want Angle at the Royal Rumble? Fine! Ya got him!

Austin smiles and flips McMahon the bird! STUNNER ON STEPHANIE! The crowd go wild! Austin goes to each corner and salutes the adoring crowd through the steel!

Michael Cole “It’s going to be Austin and Angle for the WWF Title at the Royal Rumble!”

Jerry Lawler “Austin going to have hell to pay!”

Michael Cole “I’ve been Michael Cole alongside Jerry “The King” Lawler! See you on Monday for Raw!”

Edited by Visionary

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome show, Probably my favorite. I loved the cage match, And Austin being the security guard. I also loved Austin still stunning Stephanie. I hope a win over Kane gives Test a big push against the McMahon's. Hmm, Vince said he Angle and Stephanie run the WWF, I wonder what'll happen when Triple H comes back? I don't know about Kane being able to tombstone Rikishi though, I don't think he'd be able to lift him up for it. BTW, Billy Gunn went by "The One" in 2001 and couldn't use "Bad Ass" or "Mr. Ass" due to it getting censored by RTC. And Angle was classic on Smackdown. (Y)

user posted image

eWrestlingNews

ECW Bags TV Deal! Big Name Superstars To Join?

ECW took major steps to recovery today when they bagged a TV Deal on the FUSE network. ECW Ring Warriors will run every week on Saturday nights at 9:30 PM for two and a half hours. It is believed part of the deal was completed on the condition that ECW agreed to sign certain superstars who FUSE thought would bring ratings to the network. Rumours of superstars of such star power as the British Bulldog have been mentioned and it is believed one huge name will debut this Saturday. This is a big risk for a debt-ridden company and it is perhaps their last roll of the dice.

Sergeant A-WALL Injured On Nitro

The second injury of the week for WCW occurred at the Saturday Night Main Event taping this Tuesday when Sergeant A-WALL injured his calf while wrestling Jaime Noble. A-Wall will be out for around a month.

user posted image

WWF Sunday Night Heat

January 14th 2001

San Jose Arena (6,820) – San Jose, Califronia

Raven defeated Crash Holly

Too Cool defeated K Kwik & Road Dogg

Christian defeated Jeff Hardy

user posted image

eWrestlingNews

Vader And ECW!

Ex WWF and WCW superstar Vader made a surprise appearance for ECW last night, although a big name was expected to debut on new show Ring Warriors, Vader wasn’t the name expected. Vader defeated Masato Tanaka in an excellent match. It is believed Vader will be wrestling with ECW for the foreseeable future.

user posted image

WWF Raw Preview

January 15th 2001

Bradley Center – Milwaukee, Wisconsin

We are just six days from the Royal Rumble and we come to you live from the Bradley Center for a massive edition of Raw!

Last week on Smackdown, Steve Austin finally got his WWF Title rematch against Kurt Angle at the Royal Rumble. This week we will have the contract signing and Vince McMahon himself will oversee it! With these three in the ring and the actions of Austin last week, it’s unlikely things will go off without a hitch!

We will also have a tournament to decide the number thirty entrance in the Royal Rumble! Eight top superstars with face off in quarter final matches and the four winners will advance to the finals on Smackdown where a fatal four way match will decide the number thirty entrant. Which eight superstars will we see competing for this huge prize?

We will also have tag team action as Matt Hardy teams with his brother Jeff to take on his opponent at the Royal Rumble Chris Benoit and his partner, Dean Malenko. Also in tag team action will be the Dudley’s who have a rematch from last week’s Raw against the APA. Last week Edge and Christian cost them the match; will the same happen this week?

Confirmed Matches

Four Quarter Finals Of The Number Thirty Entrant Tournament

The Hardy Boyz Vs The Radicalz (Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko)

APA Vs The Dudley Boyz

user posted image

WWF Raw

January 15th 2001

Bradley Center (6,758) – Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Number Thirty Entrant Tournament

??? Vs ???

IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a way to kick off Raw! Not only a match but also The Rock! Our announce team Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler give us a brief explanation of the tournament, they explain that there will be four matches tonight between eight top unknown superstars followed by a fatal four way on Smackdown and the winner will be given number thirty in the Royal Rumble! Phew! With that out the way our next entrant is Test who stills gets a decent pop. Test actually dominates early on with some good power offence until Rock hits back with some right hands. Rock off the ropes, CLOTHESLINE! Rock has control and keeps a ground and pound attack on Test. Rock hooks up the Rock Bottom but Test elbows his way out, Test comes off the ropes and tries for the Big Boot but he Rock ducks! Referee Earl Hebner is in dreamland! Test shows some concern until he turns around and Rock comes off the ropes but Test catches him in a samoan drop position! Test doesn’t drop though and instead swings him viciously to his side and nails a big time modified backbreaker! The announcers put it over hugely. Test has the cover and the three but there’s no referee! Test tries to stir the official but eventually goes back to Rock and throws him off the ropes, Rock under one clothesline and back with one of his own! Rock keeps control while Earl is still in dreamland and finally hits the Rock Bottom. Off the ropes, PEOPLE’S ELBOW! Rock has the cover and down comes another referee, One! Two! Three! Jack Doan counts the three! Good match and much better stuff from Test in recent matches.

Winner: The Rock

Commercial Break

Raw comes back from commercials and The Coach is standing by with The Rock who gets a huge ovation.

Jonathan Coachman “Rock, you just pulled off a victory in a tight match and will go on to Smackdown to face three other superstars in a match that will determine the number thirty entrant in the Royal Rumble. First, how confident are you off winning on Thursday and second, who do you think you’ll be facing?”

The Rock “Coach! Coach! Coach! You know better than to ask The Rock stupid questions. In fact Coach, I’ve got an idea. Why don’t you let The Rock ask you the questions for a change?”

Coach shakes his head and mouths “alright”.

The Rock “First of all Coach, where in the blue hell did you get that cheap ass suit? Your local shop n save? I mean seriously Coach, you could make more of an effort for The Rock!”

The crowd give a cheer as Coach takes a look at his suit.

The Rock “Coach, let The Rock ask you, do you think The Rock can win on Smackdown?”

Jonathan Coachman “Well I………………………………………………..”

The RockIT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!

The crowd go nuts as Rock grabs the mic off Coach and the camera focus’s on him.

The Rock “This Thursday it could be The Rock verses Kane, Undertaker and Rikishi and it doesn’t matter. This Thursday it could be The Rock verses Crash Holly, Steven Richards and Scotty Too Hotty and it doesn’t matter! Hell it could be The Rock verses the teenage moms of America and it doesn’t matter! All that matters is that on Thursday night three candy ass jabronis are gonna get there ass whooped by The Rock, IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!

Rock raises the eyebrow as the crowd go nuts and we go back to ringside and the Right To Censor’s annoying theme music sends the crowd from a high into a chorus of boo’s. The whole group make their way down to the ring before Steven Richards is handed a microphone.

Steven Richards “Would you people please be quiet while I speak?”

The crowd continue to get louder in ignorance of Richards request.

Steven Richards “I guess I ask too much when I ask for manners and decency in the cesspool of America! *The crowd boo* I mean after all what other state in America is beer so cheap? *The crowd cheer* And you people think that’s something to be cheered? You’re state encourages you to drink filth and that filth encourages you to commit crimes and sin against the moral fabric of this society!”

Suddenly Billy Gunn’s music starts up much to the delight of the crowd who are glad to see someone shut Richards up. Gunn comes onto the rampway with Chyna in toe and microphone in hand.

Billy Gunn “Would you show us some manners and please shut up?”

The crowd give a cheer in support of Gunn’s statement.

Billy Gunn “Because if you idiots actually drank some beer once in a while and loosened up a little, perhaps you wouldn’t all be about as popular as herpes. *The crowd cheer* And perhaps if you were a little more popular you would stop your bitching and complaining and the rest of us could drink our beers instead of throwing it at you!”

The crowd cheer Gunn again as Richards starts to grin.

Steven Richards “You know something Billy? I’m glad you came out here because you saved me a job. You see, since the New Year has started I’ve noticed you seem to be using your “Bad Ass” persona once more. Perhaps all that New Years drinking has killed a few brains cells and you forgot about a certain match last year that you lost!

Richards gives a pause as the crowd boo and Bad Ass looks worried.

Steven Richards “You remember now Billy? You lose to me last year and as a result you can no longer use that filthy disgusting name! *The crowd boo* But I do have a proposal for you, you see I’ve been to Mr McMahon and he has granted me a match against you at the Royal Rumble Billy. But I want to make it a little more interesting; I want to up the stakes as it were. If you win the match then *Richards points to all the RTC members* we will let you use thattt name. But if you lose Billy, if you lose, you have to join Right To Censor!”

The crowd boo as Gunn takes a while to think over the stipulation.

Billy Gunn “Alright, You’re on! *The crowd cheer* And as far as joining the Right To Censor goes, I’ve got two words for ya, SUCK IT!

After telling Richards to “suck it” the Bradley Center give out a loud cheer in support of Bad Ass.

Jerry Lawler “I hope Billy Gunn can shut up Steven Richards once and for all at the Royal Rumble!”

Jim Ross “You and me both King!”

Commercial Break

??? Vs ???

Raven is the next entrant in the tournament and he makes his way to the ring to some boo’s. It’s The Year of Jericho! Chris Jericho is predictably the next entrant and the crowd go nuts as Jericho bypasses his usual entrance and makes a beeline straight for Raven. Raven slips out the ring before Jericho can get his hands on him and referee Teddy Long forces Jericho to stay in the ring. Raven uses this time to walk to the back and a confused Jericho just stands in the middle of the ring while Long counts Raven out. Raven is counted out and Teddy Long raises Chris Jericho’s hand in victory.

Winner: Chris Jericho

Action switches backstage and to Lita walking down a corridor alone, until she bumps into the Rabid Wolverine Chris Benoit! Lita looks worried as Benoit begins to stroke her hair.

Chris Benoit “What’s the matter Lita, scared I might make you tap out?”

Benoit laughs evil before Lita plucks up the courage to push Benoit away.

Lita “Get your hands off me!”

Chris Benoit “So you’re playing hard to get? Well that’s ok Lita, cause Dean told me that once you get going, you can’t stop!”

Benoit laughs evilly again and Lita slaps the taste right out of his mouth! Benoit looks intense and gets right in a terrified Lita’s face.

Chris Benoit “That wasn’t smart and your boyfriend will pay for that when I make him scream for his life!”

Benoit walks off, as Lita looks terrified. Action now switches to Lillan Garcia who is running after Raven.

Lillan Garcia “Raven! Raven! Can I ask you some questions?”

Raven stops and stares at Lillan.

Lillan Garcia “Why did you just walk out of your match with Chris Jericho?”

Raven “Because the Raven flies the path he chooses and not that laid before him, true glory comes when knowing the battles to fight.”

Raven just walks off leaving an even more confused Lillan Garcia.

Jim Ross “What the hell?”

Commercial Break

APA Vs The Dudley Boyz

Edge and Christian are on commentary when we come back and they have some choice words to say about Buh Buh and D-Von, or Dur Dur and Moron as they chose to call them. The match itself was just a glorified brawl with little wrestling involved, however it was still enjoyable. Bradshaw and Buh Buh started off and Buh Buh got the upper hand with a clothesline and he and D-Von kept control with some nice double team action. D-Von whips Bradshaw off the ropes, CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! Bradshaw needs the tag and he makes it! Farooq is on fire taking down both Dudley’s until D-Von lands a knee to the gut. Buh Buh clothesline Farooq over the top and Bradshaw comes off the ropes, 3-D! D-von gets the three! It’s not over yet though as Edge and Christian have already left their commentary positions and attack the Dudley’s from behind. Edge and Christian stomp away at their adversaries until they slip outside for some steel chairs! CONCERTO TO D-VON! CONCERTO TO BUH BUH! The Dudley’s won the match but they sure don’t look like winners. Edge and Christian pose to the disgusted crowd.

Winners: The Dudley Boyz

We go backstage to William Regal and Rikishi making a deal.

William Regal “So you understand our deal Rikishi my lad?”

Rikishi “Just don’t screw up your part of the deal.”

William Regal “Rikishi my boy, don’t worry. I don’t “screw” anything.”

Rikishi looks Regal up and down before replying.

Rikishi “Now that I can believe.”

Rikishi walks off leaving a somewhat bemused William Regal.

Jerry Lawler “Haha, poor Regal.”

Commercial Break

??? Vs ???

We already knew Rikishi would be a part of the tournament and we knew his opponent wasn’t to be William Regal as he was accompanying him, so who was it? Undertaker! And the crowd go nuts! Taker and Rikishi lock up and Taker throws Rikishi to the ground and controls the match at a slow pace. Rikishi fights back with some brawling and throws Taker off the ropes, Flying Lariat! The fight back didn’t last long! But on cue Regal jumps on the apron to distract Undertaker. Taker finally turns attention back to Rikishi only to be met with a superkick! Rikishi covers, one, two, thre-no! No! Taker kicks out much to the crowd’s delight! Rikishi comes off the ropes but Taker dodges and Rikishi takes out referee Brian Hebner. Taker knocks Rikishi down with a soup bone but Regal nails Taker from behind. Rikishi and Regal put the boots in. BANG! It’s Kane! Kane is here and the crowd go absolutely bonkers! Kane comes in the ring and takes down both Regal and Rikishi, Regal nails Kane with a steel chair on the back but Kane shakes it off and chokeslams him to hell! Taker recovers and he and Kane double chokeslam Rikishi, Brian Hebner recovers and Taker advances to the finals on Smackdown! Kane stares at Undertaker and Taker nods his head approvingly before both men leave as a team.

Winner: The Undertaker

We go backstage to Vince’s office and he gets some loud jeers. That is until Trish enters the room.

Vince McMahon “Well Trish, what a pleasanttttt… surprise. Now what can I do for you?”

Trish sits on Vince’s desk and starts to run her fingers seductively through his hair before running them up and down his chest.

Trish Stratus “Well you know what you can do for me…………. but I was more interested in what I could do for you because you know I always like to give that little bit extra.”

Vince McMahon “Well I can’t disagree with that, so what was you thinking?”

Trish gives Vince a little kiss before staring deep into his eyes.

Trish Stratus “Well since Stephanie isn’t here because of last weeks terrible events, I was wondering if perhaps I could take on some of her duties, perhaps starting with making a match?”

Vince sits back in his chair and no longer looks so thrilled with Trish.

Vince McMahon “I don’t think that’s such a good idea I mean no offence Trish but you have no experie… well not in that area anyway,”

Trish gets some temper in her voice as she ups the anti.

Trish Stratus “So what are you trying to say? That I’m only good for one thing?”

Vince McMahon “No! No! Not at all, it’s just……………………”

Trish goes back to her seductive charms and pulls Vince by his tie towards her and kisses him.

Vince McMahon “Ok, you can make a match for Smackdown, ok?”

Trish smiles and gets off the desk and walks back out the office with a big grin on her face.

Jim Ross “Trish seems to have Mr McMahon wrapped around her little finger.”

Jerry Lawler “I wouldn’t mind having her wrapped around me.”

Jim Ross “Will you stop?”

Commercial Break

The Hardy Boyz w Lita Vs The Radicalz (Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko)

Matt starts off and as a result Benoit sends Malenko in first. Matt gains the upper hand on Malenko with some good technical moves before bringing in Jeff to up the pace. Jeff uses he wide variety of moves to keep Malenko on the back foot until Malenko takes down Jeff with a knee to the gut and a back body drop. Benoit demands the tag now that his team have the advantage and he viciously assaults Jeff with a variety of stiff technical offence. He goads Matt into the ring at various points in order to utilise the double team and along with frequent tags this helps ensure the Radicalz keep complete control of the match. Dean Malenko comes off the ropes, spin kick! Hardy nails the spin kick! He needs to make the tag. He does! Matt is on fire and takes out both Radicalz members with right hands. Matt has Malenko in the corner and Jeff jumps off his back, Poetry In Motion! Now Benoit is set up for the same fate but he dodges! Benoit takes down Matt with a clothesline as referee Mike Chioda is distracted by antics on the outside between Malenko and Jeff. Lita enters the ring behind Benoit’s back, LOW BLOW! Lita gets some revenge! TWIST OF FATE! Lita has left the ring and Chioda none-the-wiser counts the three! Matt just pinned Benoit!

Winners: The Hardy Boyz

??? Vs ???

Entertaining match, the crowd seem to be really behind Kane. Regal, noticeably without Rikishi look scared to death when he saw his opponent coming down the ramp. He also took an early beating as Kane’s power proved to be too much, that is until Kane missed a top rope clothesline. Regal utilised the error and expertly kept control with some good technical offence. Kane reverse a whip to the buckle, Sidewalk Slam! Regal comes off the ropes and eats Kane’s boot. Regal is grabbed by the throat but cleverly takes out Kane’s leg to escape. Regal starts to work the legs until Rikishi comes down. He has a steel chair and Regal wants him to leave the ring, instead Rikishi nails Regal with the chair, which forces referee Jack Doan to call for the bell. Rikishi goes to the back pleased with himself as Kane recovers to realise what’s happened. Kane grabs Jack Doan and nails him with a Chokeslam and the crowd give a nice pop.

Commercial Break

Raw comes back with a red carpet in the ring and table with a chair either side ready for the contract signing between Kurt Angle and Steve Austin. The crowd seem excited. No Chance In Hell hits the pa system and the Vincent Kennedy McMahon makes his way down to the ring to a chorus of boo’s and carrying a metal brief case. McMahon enters the ring and demands a microphone.

Vince McMahon “Ladies and gentlemen, I stand before you tonight to oversee the contract signing between Kurt Angle and Steve Austin. Despite the inexcusable actions of one Steve Austin last week, I am not here for any kind of revenge and am simply here in a professional capacity. So with out any further ado, let me introduce to you the champion, *The crowd boo* He is an Olympic Gold Medallist and American hero! He is KURTTTT ANGLEEEEE!

The crowd begin to boo as Kurt appears from the back to a round of applause from Mr McMahon. Kurt enters the ring and lays his title on the table before saluting the disgruntled crowd and shaking Mr McMahon’s hand. Angle takes a seat.

Vince McMahon “And he’s opponent, the challenger. Steve Austin.”

Despite Mr McMahon’s poor introduction Austin still gets a huge pop and comes down to the ring with a cocky stride. He grabs the microphone off the table and offers Vince a handshake.

Steve Austin “What? Ain’t I good enough to shake your hand?”

McMahon looks at Austin with some contempt before offering his hand, Austin pulls away and gives Vince the finger much to McMahon’s annoyance. The crowd love it. Austin goes to all four corners and salutes his adoring fans before finally taking a seat opposite Angle. Both men have microphones and Mr McMahon opens the briefcase and lays the contract on the table.

Vince McMahon “As WWF Champion you have the right to sign first Kurt.”

Vince hands a pen and the contract to Kurt but Kurt picks up the microphone first.

Kurt Angle “Before I sign, I just want to make sure you understand what you did last week Austin. Your disgusting actions have traumatised Stephanie and that’s why she can’t be here tonight. You assaulted a beautiful young women Austin and you sit there look pleased with yourself? What kind of example it that to set?”

Steve Austin “You know I think it’s great how you put on this big act like you give a damn about America but I think it’s time somebody told you Kurt, America thinks you’re a asshole!”

A huge “asshole” chant rings around the Bradley Center in support of Austin’s claim.

Kurt Angle “Oh that’s really clever Austin, look at me I can say a bad word! Well at the Rumble you can as many bad words as you want, you can do whatever you want and it won’t matter because it won’t change the fact, that at the end of our match I’ll still be WWF Champion. Oh it’s true, it’s damn true!

Steve Austin “So you’ve finally reached down and found some balls? Hell you’ll be shaving before too long *The crowd cheer* but you are right about one thing. This Sunday it won’t be about anyone else but me and the WWF Title, hell if anyone and I mean anyone tries to get in the way of me and that WWF Title I’ll whoop their ass. I don’t care if it’s Stephanie McMahon, I don’t care if it’s Vince McMahon, hell it could be be anyone, I really don’t give a rats ass but I do know that I’m gonna whoop your ass one, two, three and walk out of New Orleans the WWF Champion and that’s the bottom line ‘cause Stone Cold said so!"

The crowd give another loud cheer in support of Austin as Kurt decides to pass the contract over to Austin to sign first. Austin takes a pen and signs the contract aggressively and hands it back to Angle while staring a hole through him with his piercing blue eyes. Angle goes to sign but instead pushes the contract away and starts to walk around the table, as Austin gets more agitated. Finally Austin gets up and Angle bumps into Austin who refuses to budge. Both men go nose to nose until Angle backs away. Suddenly from nowhere Vince nails Austin in the back of the head with the metal briefcase! McMahon and Angle put the boots to Austin until they drag him up and throw him into the metal ringpost. Angle continues the assault when he drags Austin outside and throws him with velocity into the steel steps! Angle stomps away some more at Austin before finally throwing him back into the ring and nailing an Angle Slam! Austin is out cold as Vince holds Kurt’s hand aloft with the WWF Championship in Kurt’s free hand.

Jim Ross “This is disgusting! That’s our champion the owner of this damn company assaulting a defenceless man! This is despicable!”

Jerry Lawler “After what Austin did to poor Stephanie last week as far as I’m concerned he deserves everything he gets!”

Jim Ross “How can you say that? This is disgusting! There’s gonna be hell to pay this Thursday!”

Edited by Visionary

Great Raw, I'm glad to see Undertaker and Regal advancing. I hope we're not in for a Rikishi face turn, I also loved Raven just getting himself counted out, Playing his games with Jericho. I can't wait until they have a match for real. But the match on Smackdown should be good. Surprised to see Test go up against The Rock, But it seemed like a good match. I have no idea what Trish will book on Smackdown, But it'll probably involve Test. The last segment was great and it did it's job to hype the match between Austin and Angle. My pick for #30 is Jericho, After Raven helps him win it or something bizarre. Maybe Kane will help the deadman?

Keep up the good work, Looking forward to Smackdown and then the Royal Rumble. (Y)

user posted image

eWrestlingNews

Austin On The Tonight Show. Rock host TRL.

Steve Austin appeared on the Tonight Show last night, he talked about the Royal Rumble and how he was gonna kick Kurt Angle’s ass. He also mentioned that the Rumble is the most exciting match of the year and the atmosphere was always hot and he didn’t expect it to be any different this time. When asked about whom he thought would win he said he didn’t care and would whoop anybody’s ass at WrestleMania, whether it be Rikishi, Kane, Undertaker or even The Rock. The appearance seemed to go down well and more WWF superstars are expected to feature in the future. The Rock was also on hype duty this week as he helped host TRL, once again his appearance seemed to go down very well with the audience.

user posted image

WWF Smackdown Preview

January 18th 2001

Allstate Arena – Chicago, Illinois

It’s the last show before the Royal Rumble and it promises to be a night of excitement and drama as we come to you live from the Allstate Arena!

This past Monday night during their contract signing, Kurt Angle did a real number on Steve Austin after WWF owner Vince McMahon nailed Austin from behind with a steel briefcase. You can bet Austin won’t forgive and forget and with Austin in the house tonight, anything could happen before the Rumble!

Speaking of the Rumble, tonight will we name a number thirty entrant! Being drawn last is a huge advantage and you can beat all four-finalist Jericho, Rock, Regal and Undertaker will do anything to secure that converted spot!

Chris Benoit and Matt Hardy will also be going one on one this Sunday and both men will accompany their allies as Jeff Hardy takes on Perry Saturn. Can Benoit and Matt keep their red-hot feud out of the match?

In a bizarre set of events Trish Stratus has also managed to convince Mr McMahon to let her make a match for Smackdown this week! What match will the Canadian beauty make?

There will also be a huge title match in Chicago when Chyna takes on Ivory for the Women’s Title. With both their men slugging it out in three days time at the Royal Rumble with huge stipulations on the line, both women will want to make sure they get the win!

With all this and Kane Vs Val Venis, Too Cool Vs Right To Censor’s Bull Buchanan and Goodfather and we’re expecting to hear from Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian, You don’t want to miss Smackdown on UPN!

Confirmed Matches

Chris Jericho Vs The Rock Vs The Undertaker Vs William Regal

Jeff Hardy Vs Perry Saturn

Women’s Title: Chyna Vs Ivory ©

Kane Vs Val Venis

Too Cool Vs Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan & Goodfather)

user posted image

WWF Smackdown

January 18th 2001

Allstate Arena (8,246) – Chicago, Illinois

Smackdown hits the air with a returning Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley making her way down to the ring looking extremely chessed off. Steph enters the ring and snatches a microphone.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Let me make one thing perfectly clear to all of you, nobody lays their hands on Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley! Nobody lays their hands on daddy’s little girl! And that’s why after Austin hit me with the Stone Cold Stunner last week, *The crowd cheer* he made the worst mistake of his life! I promise you Austin that you’re going to pay and it starts tonight. Tonight we’re going to see Steve Austin verses Rikishi in a No Disqualification match!”

The crowd give a little cheer as Stephanie pauses.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “You’re going to pay Austin, you’re going to…………….”

Stephanie is cut off by the sound of Trish Stratus’s music much to her annoyance. Trish calmly makes her way down to the ring and is handed a microphone.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “What the hell do you want?”

Trish Stratus “Now I’m sorry I interrupted you’re little erm, PMT session out here *The crowd cheer* but I thought I’d better inform you of who your opponent will be tonight.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “My opponent? I think that last bottle of blonde went to your head Trish, I don’t wrestle here, I’m Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley. You know? The daughter of the owner and wife of the greatest wrestler in the business today!”

Trish Stratus “Oh Stephanie, I don’t dye my hair darling. No, some of us are just lucky enough to be blonde naturally. Not all of us have frizzy, dull, lifeless hair like you, I mean seriously if I was you toots, I’d get an hair appointment asap.”

Trish gives a mock laugh as Stephanie just starts to scowl.”

Trish Stratus “And speaking of your husband, I ain’t seen him around for a while, in fact I only ever see you with Kurt Angle nowadays and I think we all know you two have got quite a past. Have you decided to dump an ex champion for the current one Steph?”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “You watch what you’re saying slut!”

The crowd give out a cheer and Trish now looks ticked off.

Trish Stratus “That’s cute sweetie, you know just for that, I think I’m going to bring your opponent out now and make your match next, So come on out, Test!”

The crowd initially cheer until NO CHANCE THAT’S WHAT ‘CHA GOT! Those cheers soon turn to boo’s, as here comes Vince McMahon much to the crowd’s contempt. Vince power walks into the ring looking pissed off and demands a mic from ringside.

Vince McMahon “What in the hell do you think you’re doing? Booking my daughter in a match with a WWF superstar, have you lost your mind?”

Trish Stratus “You send I could make a match on Smackdown, any match I wanted and I’ve decided on what I wanted Vince. You promised me Vince.”

Stephanie starts to yell at her father asking him what’s going on as Vince starts to look worried.

Vince McMahon “Look I know what I said but you can’t seriously think I’m going to let you book this Trish? I mean come on.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “You said she could book a match? What the hell did you do that for?”

Vince gulps and takes a few seconds to think.

Vince McMahon “I erm, wanted to give somebody new a chance. I have it on good authority that Trish is a very business orientated person.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Business orientated? The only think she’s orientated around is screwing money out of old men who should know better! I can’t believe you Dad! I guess all the rumours are true!”

Stephanie looks like she’s about to cry as Vince is loss for words.

Trish Stratus “Don't worry sweetie, your Dad just needed some company and I’m very good at being company.”

As Trish smiles Stephanie just glares at her before launching herself at her. Steph and Trish start cat fighting on the floor with hair being pulled everywhere and the crowd love it. Vince splits them up and drags Steph off but Trish jumps back at her and they begin fighting again. Vince finally gets some help and WWF officials help to separate the two vixens that are still spitting venom at each other.

Jerry Lawler “This is terrible! This is not good for appearances Cole!”

Michael Cole “That’s what happens when you play away, you get burnt!”

Commercial Break

Jeff Hardy w Matt Hardy Vs Perry Saturn w Chris Benoit

Michael Cole explains that Lita is not here tonight, as Matt feared for her safety. Jeff controls early on with his highflying manoeuvres until Benoit nails Jeff behind referee Jack Doan’s back. Matt tries to even the score but Doan keeps him out the ring and Saturn uses this distraction to choke Jeff and only breaks the hold when Doan turns back around. From here Saturn keeps control with some reasonable technical wrestling although there’s no real flow to the action. Jeff is thrown off the ropes and ducks a clothesline before coming back with one of his own! Jeff scoop slams Saturn and goes to the top looking for the Swanton Bomb but Benoit pushes him off! Referee Jack Doan calls for the bell and Saturn is disqualified. Matt enters the ring but Benoit drags Saturn out and they both make their way to the back while Jeff and Matt scream at them to come back in the ring.

Winner: Jeff Hardy

Commercial Break

Lillan Garcia is standing by with a serious looking Chris Jericho as we return to Smackdown. The crowd give Y2J a nice pop.

Lillan Garcia “Tonight Chris you have a huge match that will determine the number thirty entrant into the Royal Rumble. My question is, how important is this match tonight Chris?”

Chris Jericho “How important is this match? How important? You said it yourself Lillan, it’s huge! Being number thirty in the Royal Rumble means that you have the best chance out of everybody to win the whole damn thing and when you give that spot to somebody like Chris Jericho, it guarantees that it’s going to be Y2J in front of all his Jerichoholics, *The crowd cheer* in the main event of WrestleMania!”

Lillan Garcia “My second question Chris is how confidant are you of walking out number thirty tonight?”

Chris Jericho “I’m not here to have fun tonight Lillan, I’m not here to joke around and come out second best. No, I’m here to win! I’m here to beat the living hell out of three top superstars and walk out number thirty in the Rumble. It’s as simple as that!”

Y2J walks off as we cut to Trish Stratus leaving the arena with Vince running after her shouting at her to stop. Trish stops and turns around to hear Vince out.

Vince McMahon “Look Trish, will you please just come to my office so we can sort this out?”

Trish Stratus “Is your slut of a daughter still here?”

Vince looks very pissed off at this comment but calms himself down.

Vince McMahon “Of course Stephanie’s still here but…………………..”

Trish Stratus “Then I’m not interested in anything you have to say.”

Trish just turns her back and jumps into a waiting cab leaving a fuming Vince.

Jerry Lawler “I guess Trish doesn’t want to be friends anymore!”

Michael Cole “Imagine that!”

WWF Women’s Championship

Chyna w Billy Gunn Vs Ivory © w Steven Richards

Oh! Stinky Match! A real bad advert for Women’s wrestling. Chyna had early control with some forearm shots until she missed a handspring to the corner; Ivory immediately nailed a weak neckbreaker and covered for a near fall. Ivory looked for a piledriver but Chyna reversed and nailed Ivory with a DDT for the win. After the match Chyna was holding her neck and after nailing Steven Richards with a Fameasser, Billy helped her to the back.

Winner: Chyna

Action switches backstage and to Stone Cold arriving from the car park to a loud ovation. Jonathan Coachman is there to cut him off and grab a quick word.

Jonathan Coachman “Steve! Steve!”

Austin stops and stares at Coach.

Jonathan Coachman “Steve, I don’t know if you’ve heard but tonight you will be facing Rikishi in a No Disqualification match. With only three days until you challenge for the WWF Title at the Royal Rumble, you must be worried this could affect your chances of walking out champion?”

Steve Austin “Are you asking me a question or are you saying I can’t beat Kurt Angle? ‘Cause if you’re saying I can’t beat Kurt Angle then I might just have to whoop your ass!”

Jonathan Coachman “No, I’m not saying……………………………………..”

Steve Austin “Shut up!”

The crowd cheer and Coach quickly shuts up.

Steve Austin “I heard Stephanie McMahon’s little bitching session and I’m well aware that I’m taking on Rikishi later tonight but frankly I couldn’t give a rats ass. I’ll walk in that ring tonight and open a can of whoop ass on that jackass. And as far as the Royal Rumble goes, anybody who gets in the way of me and the WWF Title is in for an ass whooping and now I want you to piss off because I’m getting tired of ya.”

The crowd give a cheer as we go to commercials.

Michael Cole “Austin and Rikishi, later tonight!”

Commercial Break

Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan & The Goodfather) Vs Too Cool

RTC start off the stronger when Bull Buchanan dominates Scotty with raw power. Scotty turns the tables though with a clothesline and right hands. Scotty makes a tag and he and Sexay double team Bull. Too Cool makes some well-timed tags to keep control off Buchanan until he runs through both with a double clothesline. He tags in Goodfather who takes illegal man Sexay over the top rope and he and Bull nail a double clothesline on Hotty. Sexay jumps back on the apron only for Bull to knock him back off and Goodfather and Bull then hit a double powerbomb on poor Hotty for the win.

Winners: Right To Censor

Commercial Break

Edge and Christians music starts up and in cue the booing starts too as Edge makes his way to the ring but not with Christian. Edge enters the ring and is handed a microphone.

Edge “First of all I’d like to apologise because I’m afraid my fellow Tag Team Champion cannot be here tonight! *The crowd cheer* Now I know how devastated you all must be but you must understand that not everyone can stand the disgusting smell that surrounds Chicago. *The crowd boo* I mean me and Christian reek of awesomeness but you people just reek!”

The crowd don’t like Edge’s comments and let him know it before he continues

Edge “Hey come on, I mean you people obviously know it’s true, I mean you do call yourselves the Windy City! I mean somebody even tried to burn the smell away it that huge fire you had, I mean come on!”

The crowd turn incredibly hostile to Edge following this comment but he continues regardless.

Edge “But despite the crapiness of this town, I’ve still decide to bring you all a surprise. An awesome surprise! Because tonight for all you people, I’ve managed to track down a long lost Dudley family member! So would you please welcome, Moron Dudley!”

No music plays as Christian comes from the back sporting Dudley clothes, huge thick glasses and a terrible ginger wig. He scratches his ear and goes to eat it before changing his mind and finally enters the ring after working out it’s up the steps. Edge goes to shake his hand before quickly changing his mind and then hands him a microphone and grabs another for himself.

Edge “Thank you Moron for coming here tonight, and I would just like to say out of all the Dudley’s, I think your by far the best looking!”

Christian or Moron as Edge calls him decides to just stand there looking gormless before scratching his chin.

Edge “What’s the matter Moron? You look a little confused?”

Christian still just stands there looking gormless before Edge speaks again.

Edge “Don’t be shy, please say what’s on your mind.”

Christian still just stands there before finally blurts out some words.

Christian “OH TESTIFY! OH TESTIFY! You hurt brothers last week, now me hurt you! OH TESTIFY BROTHER!”

Christian mocks D-Von with his trademark taunt before getting out a measuring tape and getting Edge’ inside leg measurements along with various other measurements.

Edge “What are you doing?”

Christian “OH TESTIFY! I’m taking your measurements and making you a suit but damn it, it’s gonna be so tight around the crotch, OH TESTIFY, TESTIFY, GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY TESTIFY!”

Edge “Wait a second, you’re telling me that when your brother D-Von does that all his doing is measuring me up for a suit?”

Christian “TESTIFY! No! D-Von has had a fascination with measuring up men since he was a child. TESTIFY! TESTI-FREAKIN-FI!”

Edge “You mean D-Von “testifies” for the other team?”

Christian “OH TESTIFY!”

Edge “So……………………………..”

Get up! Get up! Get up! Drop the bombshell! The Dudley Boyz music rings through the arena as Buh Buh and D-Von rush towards the ring. Unfortunately for them Edge and Christian managed to escape just in time and leg it to the back while the Dudley’s scream at them to get back in the ring.

Michael Cole “Thank God for the Dudley Boyz!”

Jerry Lawler “What are you talking about Cole? I was enjoying meeting Moron Dudley.”

Michael Cole “You’re kidding me King?”

Jerry Lawler “Those damn Dudley’s ruined all the fun!”

Commercial Break

Kane Vs Val Venis

Squash! Val was feed as canon fodder to Kane and Kane made him suffer for it. Kane dominated early on with sheer power and didn’t look back before nailing a chokeslam for the win.

Winner: Kane

Smackdown returns to a family feud between Stephanie and Vince in the McMahon-Helmsley lounge.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “I can’t believe you dad! How could you even touch that, that, slut?”

Vince McMahon “Look Steph I’ve told you, me and Trish are just good friends.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “A friend that wanted to book me in a match with Test! Are you going to let her get away with that?”

Vince McMahon “No of course not and that’s why tonight Test is going to face our Tag Team Champions, Edge and Christian in a handicap match! In fact i'm gonna make that next!”

Stephanie McMahon-Hemsley “And what about Trish?”

Vince McMahon “Don’t worry, I’ll deal with Trish.”

McMahon gives a little smile as Stephanie looks a little bemused as to what he actually means.

Michael Cole “And what does Mr McMahon mean by that?”

Jerry Lawler “I don’t know Cole but I’m sure we’ll find out.”

Commercial Break

Edge & Christian Vs Test

Test starts the aggressor as he takes down both men with clothesline, right hands, the works. The numbers game finally catches up though when Edge nails him from behind and this allows some double team moves. Referee Earl Hebner finally settles the match down and gets Edge on the apron while Christian works over Test with some fast paced action. Some frequent tags help wear down Test, Edge throws Test off the ropes but Test rebound with a clothesline! Test comes off the ropes again, BIG BOOT! Test covers but Christian interrupts the count! Test thwarts Christian by throwing him over the top but gets nailed with a field kick right to the balls giving Earl Hebner no choice but to call for the bell. Edge and Christian work over Test with boots and right hands and finally decide to go outside and grab some artillery, some nice steel chairs! They both stand in position for the Concerto until from nowhere the Dudley Boyz coming running down to ringside. They beat the hell out of their opponents for this Sunday. Edge is thrown off the ropes, 3-D! Buh Buh pushes D-Von and tells him to GET THE TABLES! D-Von goes outside to grab the table and sets it up in the ring. Edge is thrown off the ropes but Christian grabs his leg and drags him to safety. Edge and Christian escape with their tail between their legs as the Dudley’s taunt to the Chicago crowd.

Winner: Test

Commercial Break

Test is walking the back looking badly shaken up from the beating he just took when Lillan Garcia approaches him for a quick interview.

Lillan Garcia “Test are you ok?”

Test “No I’m not ok! I just had the shit kicked out of me by two assholes! I’m sick and tired of shit like this happening to me ever since I’ve been in the WWF! First I have all the crap with Shane McMahon about dating his sister and when he finally lets up I have that bitch going off with another man! And now just to makes things worse she’s trying to ruin my damn life! So, at the Royal Rumble I’ve made myself a promise, I’m gonna take no shit from anyone and throw all anyone in my way over the top rope and I mean anyone! ‘Cause I’m sick and tired of this Lillan, sick and fucking tired!”

Test storms off leaving Lillan with a blank expression.

Michael Cole “Test seems to have had the last straw!”

Jerry Lawler “Pa! Test is all talk Cole.”

Michael Cole “Well I’m not so sure but I guess we’ll find out at the Royal Rumble when Test along with thirty other men fight it out, for the right to go to WrestleMania!”

Jerry Lawler “And we’re going to find out the number thirty entrant right now!”

Chris Jericho Vs The Rock Vs The Undertaker Vs William Regal

Entertaining stuff that kept the fans interest throughout. A three on one started us off as all the babyfaces decided to besmirch Regal and take him out early, much to the fans delight and King’s disgust on commentary. Jericho soon turned on both men though when he nailed both with right hands until both Rock and Taker took him out too. This left Rock and Taker to go at it for a while and Jericho and Regal on the outside. Taker throws Rock off the ropes but he rebounds with a flying forearm! Rock has control in the ring until Jericho who has just dispatched of Regal into the steel steps nails him from behind and follows with a suplex. Jericho looks to lock in the Walls Of Jericho but Rock pushes him off and slaps him over the top rope. Taker then grabs Rock by the throat, CHOKESLAM! Taker covers but Regal breaks up the cover! Regal starts to work over Taker with some south paw shots until Taker fights back with those soup bones of his own and throws him off the ropes to nail a Big Boot! Out of sight though Jericho has climbed the top turnbuckle and nails Taker with a missile dropkick and gets a very near fall! Regal is up but Rock pairs off with him as Jericho and Taker continue to trade blows. Taker’s looking for the Old School and walks across the ropes but Jericho crashes against them and Taker lands on the family jewels and falls to the outside! Jericho goes over to help Regal in the corner until Regal tries to cheap shot him but Jericho blocks and throws Regal through the ropes and Regal inadvertently takes out Undertaker! Jericho lifts Rock up but the Peoples Champion fights back with right hands. He throws Jericho off the ropes and nails a Samoan Drop! He covers but Jericho kicks out at the last second! Undertaker re-enters the ring now and Rock cuts him off quickly and takes him over the top but Taker lands on his feet and drags Rock with him! As we come back from commercials we are show both men trading punches up the rampway and throwing each other into everything available to try and gain an upper hand during the break. Meanwhile in the ring, Regal see’s an opportunity and picks up Jericho put Jericho quick as a cat picks Regal legs and locks in the Walls! Regal is screaming in agony as the intensity pours off Y2J! Meanwhile Rock and Taker are through the stage curtain and still going at it! Regal is about to tap when Raven comes walking down the aisle, he stops outside the ring and Jericho breaks the hold Jericho is shouting at Raven to get in the ring but finally turns his attention back to Regal, but Regal traps him in a inside cradle, one, two, three! Regal wins! Regal is number thirty in the Royal Rumble! Regal has his hand raised and Jericho goes in pursuit of a now absent Raven.

After a hellacious battle we focus on Michael Cole and The King.

Michael Cole “What a match we just had, it’s just a damn shame it had to end the way it did!”

Jerry Lawler “It Doesn’t matter how it ended, William Regal is the number thirty entrant and now a favourite in the Royal Rumble!”

Michael Cole “He has to be a favourite but speaking of the Royal Rumble, it’s gonna be one hell of a event King!”

A caption for the Rumble PPV flashes up before Billy Gunn Vs Steven Richards flashes up.

Jerry Lawler “Yeh and first off we’re gonna have Billy Gunn taking on Right To Censor leader Steven Richards and if Billy loses he has to join RTC!”

Michael Cole “The last thing we need is another RTC member but if Billy Gunn wins he can start using his Bad Ass persona again!”

Jerry Lawler “Yeh and we’re hearing Chyna should be ok to appear in Billy’s corner so lets hope he can once and for all shut the Right To Censor up!”

A caption for the Tag Team Title match flashes on screen.

Michael Cole “The tag titles are on the line as the Dudley’s look to finally get their hands on our champions!”

Jerry Lawler “The Dudley’s are gonna regret trying to do a number on our awesome champions tonight! I guarantee it!”

A caption for the Intercontinental Title match flashes on screen.

Michael Cole “The Intercontinental Title is on the line but this is about so much more as Matt Hardy looks to get some revenge for the hell Chris Benoit has been putting his girlfriend Lita through!”

Jerry Lawler “If I was Matt Hardy I’d tread very carefully, we already seen Benoit make his brother tap out and I’m afraid we’re gonna see the same this Sunday!”

A caption for the WWF Title match flashes on screen.

Michael Cole “And the WWF Title is on the line in what should be a awesome match King! Steve Austin and Kurt Angle simply hate each other!”

Jerry Lawler “Austin is jealous of Kurt Cole, it’s as simple as that and with Mr McMahon in his corner, Kurt can’t lose!”

And finally the Royal Rumble caption flashes on screen!

Michael Cole “And the big one! The Royal Rumble! Thirty men and only one can go to WrestleMania!”

Jerry Lawler “The biggest match off the year and I’ve been told personally be Mr McMahon there’s going to be some surprises in store for sure, but the big question is are Kane and The Undertaker working together? If they are then we’re all in trouble!”

We focus back on Cole and King on commentary.

Michael Cole “I don’t know the answer to that but I do know that the Royal Rumble is set to be the greatest one yet and I can’t wait King!”

Jerry Lawler “Neither can I Cole! This Sunday, it’s gonna be huge!”

Commercial Break

As we come back to Smackdown Rock and Taker are still going at it backstage but Rock seems to have the upper hand until from nowhere Kane nails him from behind. Kane and Taker hammer away at a helpless Rock until they finally throw him through a glass window in the back! They both just stand and stare at Rock’s fallen carcass.

Michael Cole “Oh my god! What in the hell was that?”

Jerry Lawler “I guess that answer’s everyone’s question, the brothers are working together at the Royal Rumble and that’s bad news for the other 28 guys who are gonna have to face them!”

No Disqualification

Rikishi Vs Steve Austin

And so we come to our main event! Not a great match but was still enjoyed by the crowd. Both men trade blows to begin with and Austin gains the upper hand and takes the Bad Man to the corner where he stomps a mudhole in him. Austin keeps control until Rikishi nails a knee to the gut and a big samoan drop off the ropes. Kish decides to get some weaponry and grabs a steel chair from ringside. He slides back in but Austin nails him with a kick to make him drop it and then looks for the Stunner but Kish throws him into the buckle, sloppy looking counter though. Kish keeps control until Austin reverses a whip. Kish rebounds off the ropes and is met with A LOU THRESH PRESS! Austin is hammering away at Rikishi; he grabs the steel chair, CRACK! RIGHT OFF THE BAD MAN’S SKULL! Austin covers but from nowhere Angle appears and drags referee Earl Hebner out and nails him! Austin slides out the ring and nails Angle with right hands; he throws him into the steel barrier and then the steel steps. Austin is beating the crap outta Angle! Austin throws Angle in the ring but Angle rolls back out as Rikishi nails Austin with a superkick! Angle smiles and re-enters the ring and starts to stomp away at Austin with Rikishi. They both pick up Austin and throw him off the ropes but Austin comes back with a double clothesline! STUNNER ON RIKISHI! Angle is up and staggering, kick to the gut, STUNNER! STUNNER! STUNNER! Austin throws Angle over the top and grabs the chair, he waits for Rikishi to stagger up and WHACK! This time Kish is busted wide open! Austin covers and referee Jack Doan runs down to count the three! Austin celebrates by toasting the cheering crowd as Angle staggers to the back and Rikishi lies unconscious!

Winner: Steve Austin

Michael Cole “Stone Cold just sent a message to our WWF Champion! There’s gonna be nowhere to run, nowhere to hide this Sunday! See you at the Royal Rumble!”

Great show leading to the Royal Rumble, Glad to see Test having a new attitude, But he cursed way too much without it being bleeped out. I like Undertaker and Kane working together as long as it doesn't lead to them feuding. Regal as #30 shocked me, I honestly thought we'd see Jericho get the spot. The Edge/Christian segment was great, As well as the Trish/Vince/Stephanie segment. I knew Trish would book Stephanie, But sucks that didn't happen. Can't wait to see what'll happen next between them. Looking forward to the Royal Rumble. (Y)

user posted image

eWrestlingNews

Curt Henning & British Bulldog In ECW!

As expected British Bulldog made his ECW debut this Saturday against none other than Curt Henning! Bulldog looked in good ring shape and as did Henning as both men put on a decent match for the main event of the night. With a debuting Vader last week it seems ECW have found a new investor of some sorts although it is unknown whom. One theory is that Fuse are actually funding the company in order to help them challenge the big two, however it is unlikely Fuse could afford such a large investment. Another theory is that Vince McMahon is funding the big signings in a hope to run the two companies side by side in the future. More on this story as we get it!

Smackdown Censor Trouble

It seems the failure to censor Test in his interview this week on Smackdown was due to a mix up between the WWF and UPN. UPN wanted the segment to be dropped altogether but Vince refused insisting it was too important not to be aired. Reports show that UPN only agreed to air the segment five minutes before the show started and as a result a censor was not placed on the f word or the s word. UPN are said to be furious with the WWF and have demanded that they tone the language down in future.

user posted image

WWF Royal Rumble 2001 Preview

January 21st 2001

New Orleans Arena – New Orleans, Los Angeles

Thirty Man Royal Rumble

The most exciting match of the year and this year should be no exception! Featuring superstars such as The Rock, Undertaker, Kane and Chris Jericho, this years Royal Rumble should be the best yet! With so many guys who can win it including our number thirty entrant William Regal, who knows what will happen in this years Rumble but with Mr McMahon promising some surprise it’s sure to be the best Rumble yet. And as we head to New Orleans only one question remains, which man out of the thirty will step up and take their chance to go to the biggest stage of all, WrestleMania?

WWF Championship

Kurt Angle © Vs Steve Austin

WWF Champion Kurt Angle will put his coveted title on the line as Steve Austin gets his rematch from a couple of weeks ago! Last time these two went at it, Vince McMahon screwed Austin out the title and Austin has been a mad man ever since. Austin has caused criminal damage to Mr McMahon’s property, crushed his limousine and even assaulted his daughter Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, all in an attempt to get his rematch and finally at the Rumble, Austin will get it! Will Vince be a factor again, can Angle do it alone or will crown a new WWF Champion in New Orleans?

Intercontinental Championship

Chris Benoit © Vs Matt Hardy

Chris Benoit and Matt Hardy will lock horns for the Intercontinental Title in the New Orleans Arena but this is about so much more. Chris Benoit made this personal with his unwanted advances towards Matt’s girlfriend Lita and assaults on both Matt and his brother Jeff. In recent weeks Matt has fought back against Benoit and he hopes to end it by taking Benoit’s title at the Rumble!

WWF Tag Team Championship

Edge & Christian © Vs The Dudley Boyz

Ever since learning they would have to defend their titles against the Dudley’s, Edge and Christian has been on a mission to make sure Buh Buh and D-Von don’t make it to The Big Easy. They determination has been apparent with their minds game and physical assaults too! Well this Sunday Buh Buh and D-Von will finally get their hands on our tag team champions but can they take home the gold?

Billy Gunn Vs Steven Richards

Ever since losing a match to Richards last year, Billy Gunn had been made to drop his Bad Ass persona and become more clean cut. But when the New Year came in Billy decided it was time for a fresh start and much to the disgust of Richards and the Right To Censor, started to use his Bad Ass tag once more. Well Richards would not stand for this and issued a challenge to Gunn for the Rumble. The stipulation is simple, if Gunn wins he can keep his Bad Ass attitude but if he loses he has to join the RTC. With so much on the line and Chyna and Ivory on the outside this could prove to be an explosive match!

Edited by Visionary

Prediction Competition

Prize: None thus far but will add onto future competitions leading to WrestleMania for a big prize there!

Matches

Thirty Man Royal Rumble

Winner:

WWF Championship

Kurt Angle © Vs Steve Austin

Edge & Christian © Vs The Dudley Boyz

One point pre correct answer with title matches counting double and the Rumble worth four points. Bold your predictions!

Bonus Questions

What will be the first match of the night?

Who will get the pinfall/submission in the Tag Team Title match and against whom? (If you believe there will not be a pinfall or submission then stat match ending)

Which match will gain the highest match rating?

Which match will gain the highest crowd reaction?

Which match will gain the highest overall rating?

Who will be the number one entry in the Rumble?

Who will be the first elimination in the Rumble?

Who will be in the final four of the Rumble?

Who will be the last elimination in the Rumble?

Who will be in the Rumble for the longest amount of time?

One point per correct answer with double points for questions relating to the Royal Rumble.

Edited by Visionary

Prediction Competition

Prize: None thus far but will add onto future competitions leading to WrestleMania for a big prize there!

Matches

Thirty Man Royal Rumble

Winner: The Rock, He hasn't really been hyped that much, But unless Triple H somehow enters this match, Then The Rock is winning. Maybe Undertaker? But I don't see Undertaker going to Wrestlemania.

WWF Championship

Kurt Angle Vs Steve Austin ©

If HHH enters the Royal Rumble and wins, Then Austin is winning here to set up his match with HHH at Wrestlemania. Either way, Austin's going over. We'll either have Austin/HHH at Wrestlemania, Or Austin/Rocky.

No need for Benoit to drop the title here, Matt's just a tag wrestler right now.

Edge & Christian Vs The Dudley Boyz

I think E and C might pull off the win somehow, But I'm going with the Dudley's here.

RTC seems to be getting a small push, So Stevie's going over here. Maybe Billy joining RTC will give him something interesting to do?

One point pre correct answer with title matches counting double and the Rumble worth four points. Bold your predictions!

Bonus Questions

What will be the first match of the night? Benoit/Hardy

Who will get the pinfall/submission in the Tag Team Title match and against whom? (If you believe there will not be a pinfall or submission then stat match ending) Bubba Dudley pins Edge

Which match will gain the highest match rating? Angle/Austin

Which match will gain the highest crowd reaction? Angle/Austin

Which match will gain the highest overall rating? Angle/Austin

Who will be the number one entry in the Rumble? Jeff Hardy?

Who will be the first elimination in the Rumble? Saturn?

Who will be in the final four of the Rumble? The Rock, The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Triple (if he enters) if not, William Regal

Who will be the last elimination in the Rumble? The Undertaker

Who will be in the Rumble for the longest amount of time? Chris Jericho

Thirty Man Royal Rumble

Winner: The Rock. I'd love to see Jericho winning, but I can see a Rock/Austin match more than I can see an Angle/Jericho.

WWF Championship

As I said, I'd love to see Angle/Jericho, but Austin/Rock works for me too, and I think that's the direction you're going in.

I don't see why Hardy would win this.

Love both Edge and Christian, if you give them the belts, that's probably a good idea, they work wonders.

I love Richards anyway, and I can't seem him losing after he's getting somewhat of a push.

Bonus Questions

What will be the first match of the night? Gunn/Richards

Who will get the pinfall/submission in the Tag Team Title match and against whom? Christian pins D-Von

Which match will gain the highest match rating? Edge and Christian vs. The Dudleyz

Which match will gain the highest crowd reaction? Angle/Austin

Which match will gain the highest overall rating? Angle/Austin

Who will be the number one entry in the Rumble? I have no clue, I'll say The Undertaker though, that would be interesting.

Who will be the first elimination in the Rumble? Scotty 2 Hotty?

Who will be in the final four of the Rumble? The Rock, The Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit

Who will be the last elimination in the Rumble? Chris Jericho

Who will be in the Rumble for the longest amount of time? The Undertaker

Matches

Thirty Man Royal Rumble

WWF Championship

Bonus Questions

What will be the first match of the night? Chris Benoit vs Matt Hardy

Who will get the pinfall/submission in the Tag Team Title match and against whom? Christian pins Bubba

Which match will gain the highest match rating? Kurt Angle vs Steve Austin

Which match will gain the highest crowd reaction? Kurt Angle vs Steve Austin

Which match will gain the highest overall rating? Kurt Angle vs Steve Austin

Who will be the number one entry in the Rumble? I don't know, Rikishi?

Who will be the first elimination in the Rumble? No idea, Scotty Too Hotty?

Who will be in the final four of the Rumble? Kane, The Undertaker, The Rock, William Regal

Who will be the last elimination in the Rumble? The Undertaker

Who will be in the Rumble for the longest amount of time? Kane

Thirty Man Royal Rumble

WWF Championship

Rock vs Austin should happen.

While I think that Benoit vs Jericho from the real Rumble 2001 would have been a better match, this will still be good. Benoit wins because the Radicalz have more or less gotten squashed during the feud with the Hardyz.

Does any reason REALLY need to be given?

RTC need a victory more than Billy does.

Bonus Questions

What will be the first match of the night? E&C vs Dudleyz.

Who will get the pinfall/submission in the Tag Team Title match and against whom? Christian over D-Von.

Which match will gain the highest match rating? Benoit vs Hardy.

Which match will gain the highest crowd reaction? Angle vs Austin.

Which match will gain the highest overall rating? Angle vs Austin.

Who will be the number one entry in the Rumble? Jericho.

Who will be the first elimination in the Rumble? Funaki.

Who will be in the final four of the Rumble? Jericho, Regal, Rock, and Undertaker.

Who will be the last elimination in the Rumble? Jericho.

Who will be in the Rumble for the longest amount of time? Jericho, obviously.