World Wrestling Federation 2001

Prediction Competition

Prize: None thus far but will add onto future competitions leading to WrestleMania for a big prize there!

Matches

Thirty Man Royal Rumble

Winner: The Rock

WWF Championship

Kurt Angle © Vs Steve Austin

Intercontinental Championship

Chris Benoit © Vs Matt Hardy

WWF Tag Team Championship

Edge & Christian © Vs The Dudley Boyz

Billy Gunn Vs Steven Richards

One point pre correct answer with title matches counting double and the Rumble worth four points. Bold your predictions!

Bonus Questions

What will be the first match of the night? The IC Match

Who will get the pinfall/submission in the Tag Team Title match and against whom? (If you believe there will not be a pinfall or submission then stat match ending) Edge by pinfall over Bubba

Which match will gain the highest match rating? Hardy vs. Benoit

Which match will gain the highest crowd reaction? Angle vs. Austin

Which match will gain the highest overall rating? Angle vs. Austin

Who will be the number one entry in the Rumble? Undertaker

Who will be the first elimination in the Rumble? Scotty 2 Hotty

Who will be in the final four of the Rumble? The Rock, Regal, Jericho and Undertaker

Who will be the last elimination in the Rumble? Undertaker

Who will be in the Rumble for the longest amount of time? Undertaker

One point per correct answer with double points for questions relating to the Royal Rumble.

This has been a great diary so far man, here's to hoping it will last a while.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Crossface

Prediction Competition

Matches

Thirty Man Royal Rumble

Winner: Chris Jericho.

WWF Championship

Bonus Questions

What will be the first match of the night? Gunn VS Richards

Who will get the pinfall/submission in the Tag Team Title match and against whom? (If you believe there will not be a pinfall or submission then stat match ending)Bubba on Christian

Which match will gain the highest match rating? Angle VS Austin

Which match will gain the highest crowd reaction? Angle VS Austin

Which match will gain the highest overall rating? Angle VS Austin

Who will be the number one entry in the Rumble? Kane

Who will be the first elimination in the Rumble? Billy Gunn

Who will be in the final four of the Rumble? Rock,Test,Jericho,Triple H

Who will be the last elimination in the Rumble? Rock

Who will be in the Rumble for the longest amount of time? Test

Edited by Crossface

user posted image

WWF Royal Rumble 2001

January 21st 2001

New Orleans Arena (14,175) – New Orleans, Los Angeles

Tonight is a night of opportunity. A chance to obtain ultimate glory, for tonight thirty men will fight until the last drop of sweat hits the canvas and one man stands tall. For some it’s a chance of a lifetime and one that they have to grasp. For others who have been to the top, it is a chance to fulfil their hunger and once again obtain immortality. If WrestleMania is the showcase of the immortals, then tonight is the first step to ultimate glory!

And now sponsored by 1-800-COLLECT, the 2001 Royal Rumble!

Pyros explode and the crowd go nuts as we hit the New Orleans arena live for the 2001 Royal Rumble! We span the crowd holding various signs until we settle on our commentary team, Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler.

Jim Ross “Hello and welcome everybody to the 2001 Royal Rumble! I’m Jim Ross alongside Jerry “The King” Lawler and King tonight should prove to be one heck of a night!”

Jerry Lawler “You’re right JR! Three titles on the line! A lifestyle on the line and of course a chance to go to the biggest stage of all, WrestleMania!”

We cut to a shot of a ram packed WWF New York and thousands of screaming fans.

Jim Ross “A big hello to all our fans in WWF New York and………………………….”

Chris Benoit © Vs Matt Hardy w Lita

JR is cut off by the music of Matt Hardy who is accompanied by the lovely Lita. The crowd are hot and Hardy seems focused as he makes his way down to the ring. Lita waits outside in a show of respect as Matt climbs the turnbuckles and taunts the capacity crowd who respond positively. Matt jumps down and doesn’t have to wait long before Benoit’s no nonsense music hits the arena. Benoit makes his way down to the ring with the prize around his waist before handing in to senior referee Earl Hebner who shows both competitors and New Orleans what’s stake before handing the belt to our timekeeper. Hardy and Benoit circle around the ring as Hebner calls for the bell.

Both men come to the middle and lock up and Benoit uses his superior technical skills to trap Hardy in a headlock, Hardy counters by throwing the Rabid Wolverine off the ropes but Benoit stays firm as he knocks Hardy down with a shoulder block. Hardy recovers as Benoit propels himself off the ropes again, Matt jumps over Benoit and Benoit rebounds with a clothesline, which Matt ducks. Benoit for a third time comes off the ropes but Matt nails a dropkick to send Benoit to the mat. Both men recover and Matt has control as he nails Benoit with a knee to the gut and a back suplex. Hardy covers Benoit for the first near fall of the match. Hardy helps Benoit to his feet before hooking him up for a suplex but Benoit uses his great instinct to block and take Hardy over with a snap suplex of his own. A vicious Benoit doesn’t let up as he comes off the ropes and comes crashing down with a succession of elbows before pinning for his first near fall of the match.

The Rabid Wolverine drags Hardy to his feet and throws him to the corner, Benoit rips Matt’s shirt open and lights him up with a succession of chops that leave Matt’s chest blood red. Benoit delivers a well-placed knee before taking Hardy out of the corner and knocking him down with another chop for good measure. Benoit lays the boot in on a fallen challenger and Hardy desperately grabs the bottom rope which forces Earl to back Benoit off as Hardy tries to regain his composure. Benoit approaches Hardy but is caught with a boot to the midsection. Matt hammers away at Benoit and backs him into the middle of the ring before whipping him off the ropes. Benoit’s rebound is met with a clothesline and Matt’s right boot crashing down continually as he stomps away at the champion. Benoit is raised to his feet and Matt backs him into the corner where he begins to relentlessly hammer away until his foe slumps to the floor. Matt begins to stomp the Wolverine until referee Earl Hebner backs him off and away from Benoit.

Benoit drags himself up in the corner and Matt tries to keep the advantage with a high velocity charge but Benoit moves and Matt goes crashing against the buckle. Benoit senses an opening and goes behind Hardy and nails him with a German Suplex and a bridge for a near fall. Benoit zeroes in on his opponent now and starts to viciously nail him in the back with stiff kicks before raising him up and nailing a gruesome backbreaker that has Hardy screaming in agony. Benoit makes the cover and obtains a two count. Benoit grabs Hardy’s arms behind his back and places his knee in his back in an attempt to make Hardy submit but Matt escapes to his knees and Benoit in desperation locks in a headlock which Hardy escapes with a elbow to the gut and an irish whip. Benoit comes off the ropes and Hardy takes him down to the canvas with a rolling wheel kick, Hardy picks up the fallen Wolverine and tries to break his neck with a sweet twisting neckbreaker before covering for a two count.

Benoit gets to his feet and recovers with some flesh ripping chops that take Hardy’s breath away. Hardy is in the corner where a relentless Benoit continues to light up him up before taking him out of the corner with a backbreaker but this time Benoit cleverly holds Hardy in position for the submission. Benoit is dragging Hardy’s neck back and really contorting Hardy at a horrific angle. After agonising torture Benoit lifts Hardy up and delivers another vicious backbreaker and covers Hardy but despite the agony the pugnacious Hardy kicks out on two. Benoit changes his course of attack now with a trifecta of German Suplexs. Benoit signals for the end with a cut of the throat and ascends the turnbuckle. Benoit takes a leap of faith with a Flying Headbutt but Matt moves! Benoit squirms on the canvas as Matt slowly gets to his feet.

Matt is up and wastes no time in taking the opening and stomps away at the head of Benoit. Hardy raises Benoit up and kicks Benoit in the gut; Hardy wants to end it with the Twist Of Fate but Benoit somehow counters and pushes Matt into the buckle. Matt comes back to a seemingly dazed Benoit but gets locked in the Crippler Crossface! Benoit was playing possum! Benoit has it locked in on the mat and is ripping and tearing at Hardy, Matt is about to tap but a quick thinking Lita jumps on the apron and distracts Benoit. Benoit decided to take the law into his own hands and grabs a handful of hair but Matt saves his girlfriend with a club from behind. Matt turns Benoit around and plants him hard with a DDT before climbing to the second rope. Matt signals for his trademark legdrop and gets it! Matt is in control and senses the end, kick to the gut, Twist Of Fate! Hardy nails Benoit and covers, one, two, three! Lita enters the ring and both her and Matt celebrate as Benoit recovers on the canvas.

Winner: Matt Hardy

Jim Ross “Matt Hardy has done it! We have a new Intercontinental Champion!”

Jerry Lawler “This is a miscarriage of justice JR! Matt Hardy cheated!”

Jim Ross “Well actually King Matt did nothing illegal at all.”

Jerry Lawler “Stop trying to cover up for him JR! If Lita hadn’t distracted Chris Benoit then Matt wouldn’t be holding that title above his head now! It’s as simple as that!”

Jim Ross “You may be right King but after the treatment Lita has received at the hands of Chris Benoit and his buddies, I’d say justice was served!”

Action switches to backstage where we see the Big Red Machine pacing up and down in the locker room. JR and King comment that he must be a favourite in the Royal Rumble. Next we switch to the McMahon-Helmsley lounge and Vince and Steph discussing tonight’s title match.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Dad, Austin can’t walk out Champion tonight. After everything his done to this family, not just recently but also in the past, I won’t sleep if Austin walks out champion. I just…………………………”

Vince McMahon “Look Steph, Austin is not going to walk out champion I guaran-damn-tee it!”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Don’t get my wrong Dad I have total faith in Kurt but what if Austin gets lucky, I mean this is “Stone Cold” Steve Austin Dad, we both know how unpredictable he is.”

Vince learns forward and looks his daughter in the eye.

Vince McMahon “Your right he is unpredictable, but he can do whatever the hell he likes. I promise you that he will not walk out champion and that’s a McMahon guarantee!”

Vince smiles as Stephanie looks reassured.

Jerry Lawler “You hear that JR? A McMahon guarantee! There’s no way Austin is walking out champion tonight now!”

Jim Ross “I don’t like the sound of that, I don’t like the sound of that one bit!”

Fireworks come crashing down and the crowd are on there feet as the Dudley Boyz music starts and Buh Buh and D-Von appear from the back. Both Dudley’s are focused and taunt on the stage before entering the ring and turnbuckle posing the New Orleans crowd. You think you know me? Out next are our tag team champions looking as cocky and confident as ever with the titles around their waists. They slide into the ring and Buh Buh and D-Von waste no time in attacking the Canadians and the bell sounds.

Buh Buh and D-Von don’t let out champions out the blocks as they overpower Edge and Christian with right hands. Christian and Edge manage to throw the titles off and referee Teddy Long passes them outside but the Dudley Boyz refuse to let up and continue to knock their opponents all over the ring until eventually our champions smartly roll out the ring and regroup as the crowd cheer for the Dudley’s. Finally things are settled and Edge and Buh Buh start us off and Buh Buh continues the trend with right hands that rock Edge. Buh Buh delivers a crunching neckbreaker and smartly drags Edge to his corner in a tight headlock and tags in D-Von. After a kick to the midsection by the new legal man, Edge is catapulted off the ropes and dropped with a double elbow that could of knocked some teeth out! D-Von throws Edge off the ropes and elevates him for a huge flapjack with has Edge hitting the mat hard!

D-Von helps Edge to his feet and tries to whip again but is reversed and D-Von goes off the ropes, in an underhand move though Christian knees D-Von in the kidney area and turns the tide for his team. Edge drags D-Von to his corner and makes the tag to his partner. Both men stomp away at D-Von before propelling him off the ropes and nailing a double dropkick. Christian picks up the fallen D-Von and takes him back down with a well-executed Russian Legsweep before covering for the first near fall of the match. Christian goes towards the Dudley corner and starts to taunt Buh Buh and predictably Buh Buh has to be restrained by Long and this allows Edge to nip in without a tag and nail D-Von as Christian holds him wide open. Long questions Edge but doesn’t act and Edge continues his assault when he nails D-Von with a neckbreaker and covers for another near fall as Buh Buh shouts encouragement from the outside.

Edge locks in a rear chinlock until D-Von fights to his feet and elbows his way out and powers Edge off the ropes but Edge counters with a spinning neckbreaker and another two count. Edge comes off the ropes but D-Von has enough left to drive him into the mat with a powerslam but he immediately rolls off and tries to recover rather than attempting the pin. Both men are now crawling towards their respective corners and Edge gets the tag, but so does D-Von! The fresh Buh Buh takes out both brothers with right hands and then drops Christian with a hot shot on the top rope and takes out Edge with a butt slamming Buh Buh Bomb! A recovered D-Von and fresh Buh Buh stand in the middle of the ring with the crowd screaming at Buh Buh to utter the magic words. “D-Von! Get the table!”

D-Von complies and goes outside but as he is under the ring Edge and Christian attack his partner from behind and throw him outside. D-Von has the table but both Edge and Christian baseball slide and knock the wood right into the teeth of D-Von. Buh Buh re-enters the ring and is taken down with a double clothesline. Edge sets him self in the corner for the Spear as Buh Buh recovers but D-Von grabs his leg and drags him outside where they both brawl wildly in further indication that Teddy Long has lost complete control off the match. Christian comes across to Buh Buh but Buh Buh recovers with some right hands before taking him down with a clothesline. D-Von re-enters the ring having dropped Edge by throwing him into the steel steps as Buh Buh slams Edge to the mat.

Buh Buh holds open Edge’s legs as D-Von climbs the top and the capacity crowd join in the shout of “Wassup!”. Before D-Von can deliver the fatal blow though he is pushed off and hits nothing but canvas as Edge reverses into a victory roll and Teddy Long counts the three. Edge and Christian retain the gold! Buh Buh and D-Von are in disbelief as the champs escape to the outside with their belts and have their hands held high.

Winners: Edge & Christian

Jim Ross “Some how Edge and Christian retain their titles and I have no idea how!”

Jerry Lawler “Now don’t start JR! Edge and Christian won that match fair and square!”

Jim Ross “I’m not disputing that King but it seemed like the Dudley’s had complete control until they went for the table.”

We go backstage to the Hardy Boyz locker room where Jeff is warming up to some cheers, until an elated Matt and Lita come bursting through the door and interrupt him! The crowd cheer again.

Matt Hardy “WHOAAAAA! New Intercontinental Champion baby!”

Lita “You know what we need Matt? Champagne!”

Matt and Lita smirk before an annoyed Jeff poops their party.

Jeff Hardy “Look guys, I’m happy Matt won the Intercontinental Title and all but I kinda have a big match too later tonight. You know? The Royal Rumble!”

Matt Hardy “Yeh Jeff, you’re right. I tell you what, we’ll keep the champagne on ice until later.”

Jeff Hardy “I’d appreciate that.”

Matt and Lita leave the room to continue their celebrations elsewhere as Jeff continues his warm up. Action quickly switches to Lillan Garcia who’s standing by with WWF Champion Kurt Angle, who is not the most popular man in New Orleans.

Lillan Garcia “Tonight Kurt you put your WWF Title on the line against “Stone Cold” Steve Austin. What are your thoughts heading into the match?”

Kurt Angle “My thoughts? You want to know my thoughts Lillan? Let me tell you exactly what I’m thinking! I’m thinking about everything that sob has put me through lately! He’s stunnered me without provocation! He’s assaulted my good friend Stephanie McMahon! He’s destroyed property of my other good friend Mr McMahon! Let me tell you Lillan, Austin is a cancer in this federation and I’m here tonight to stop him spreading any further! Oh it’s true! It’s damn true!”

Jim Ross “Austin, Angle, later tonight!”

Billy Gunn w Chyna Vs Steven Richards w Ivory

The very annoying music of the RTC rings through the arena and the crowd begin to boo as Steven Richards appears from the back accompanied by former Women’s Champion Ivory. Both have their game face on and we are shown footage off Chyna defeating Ivory for the Women’s Title on Smackdown as they enter the ring in a no nonsense manner. Next the music of Billy Gunn rings through the arena and the crowd cheer as he appears from the back accompanied by new Women’s Champion, Chyna! Billy runs down to the ring and the match begins straight away.

Both men trade blows until Billy gains the upper hand and throws Richards off the ropes and nails him with a clothesline. Billy drops an elbow and covers for a two count. Richards scrambles to his feet only to be pummelled by an unrelenting Gunn and tossed off the ropes. Richards manages to turn the tide however by ducking a clothesline and coming back with one of his own. Richards backs Billy into the corner and beings to pummel away before whipping him to the opposing buckle. Richards looks for a clothesline but Gunn instinctively gets a foot up and unloads with some more right hands. Gunn bounces Richards head off the buckle ten times as the crowd chant along and follows up with a DDT that gets a two count out of referee Brian Hebner. Gunn whips Richards off the ropes but is caught by surprise with a clothesline.

Richards puts the boots to Gunn before allowing him up and nailing a snap suplex for another near fall. Richards whips Gunn off the ropes but telegraphs and ducks his head far too soon, which allows Gunn to counter with a kick to the head. Gunn this time voluntarily off the ropes and nails a swinging neckbreaker for a two count. Richards gets to his feet and is thrown off the ropes and Billy shows some impressive strength by hoisting him in a Gorilla Press Position but Richards slips out and rolls Billy up and tries to steal one with his feet on the ropes but Bad Ass still manages to kick out. Both men get up and Richards takes a wide swing which Billy ducks and counters into a back suplex. Billy covers for a near fall. Richards slowly gets to his feet as Billy measures him up but as he comes off the ropes Ivory involves herself by grabbing his leg.

Billy foolishly turns his attention away from his opponent and when he does turn his attention back Richards clobbers him with a clothesline. Richards decides to take a risk and goes to the top turnbuckle, a staggering Billy turns around and is met with two fists in his face. Richards covers for another two. Richards seems to be a little frustrated now and keeps Bad Ass grounded with a headlock. Billy manages to regain his vertical base and hammers his way out of the hold but as he comes off the ropes Richards retakes control with a powerslam and a two count. Richards propels Gunn off the ropes but Gunn comes back with huge speed and ducks a clothesline before nailing a flying one of his own. Both men are down as Richards goes to the outside for a chair while Ivory distracts Hebner on the apron. Richards enters the ring intent on carnage but Chyna is closely behind.

Richards has the chair behind his back but Chyna takes it away from him. Gunn struggles to his feet and Chyna swings at Richards but nails Bad Ass! Billy is out cold as Chyna checks on him but Richards bungles her out of the ring. Richards covers as Ivory jumps off the apron and Brain Hebner counts the three. Billy must join the RTC! Richards and Ivory celebrate as Chyna looks on in horror from the outside and Hebner tries to awaken Bad Ass.

Winner: Steven Richards

Jim Ross “Good God, no! Bad Ass has to join the RTC! Good God almighty! What has Chyna done?”

Jerry Lawler “Chyna what have you done? Thanks to her the RTC has grown even stronger! Will this group ever leave the WWF?”

Jim Ross “Good God! And I believe that initiation ceremony will be tomorrow night, live on Raw!”

Jerry Lawler “This is a bad bad day JR, a bad bad day!”

We go backstage to Test this time warming up in the locker room area to some cheers, when William Regal walks in. Scotty Too Hotty is in the background.

William Regal “Ah Test, my dear chap. Good luck in the Rumble tonight and perhaps I might even see you when I enter at number thirty me lad?”

Test stops his exercise and gets into Regal’s face with the intensity pouring off him.

Test “I don’t want your luck or give a damn if your number thirty! If you get in my way I’ll break you in half!”

Test storms out of the room leaving a somewhat taken aback Regal to comment to Scotty.

William Regal “Really, some people just don’t understand goodwill and manners do they? Honestly!”

Next we switch to Kurt Angle slapping his face and jumping up and down in preparation for his match, which is next.

Jim Ross “The WWF Title is on the line, next!”

“I lead by example as champion and am an excellent role model to young Americans everywhere.”

“You Mr Austin stand for everything that’s wrong with America today. You stand for violence, show no respect to anyone, not even an American hero like myself!”

“As far as you and a title shot goes, I’ll give you a chance. If you can prove to me you deserve it, then I’ll give you a title shot on Smackdown.”

“That gives me a great idea Kurt! Tonight it’s gonna be Steve Austin verses the Tag Team Champions, Edge and Christian in a handicap match!”

Jim Ross “Austin’s done it! Austin has won a shot at the WWF Title this Thursday on Smackdown!”

“I have called off the WWF Title match between you and myself, but, but! I do have good reason, a damn good reason in fact! You see I never said I would give you a WWF Title shot just because you beat Edge and Christian. I said you had to prove yourself to be worthy. When you stunnered me at the end of the match on Monday night you blew any chance you ever had of a title shot. When you learn to act like a champion Austin, perhaps I’ll give you a chance to become one.”

“I take some time off and when I come back I find you strutting around like you own the damn place! Well let me remind you of something Kurt, you don’t own this company. I DOOOO!”

“And as far as your title shot goes Austin, it’s on!”

Michael Cole “McMahon just screwed Austin! What the hell?”

“You had you’re chance Austin and there’s no chance in hell, I’m gonna give you another title shot.”

“Then I best see what I can do to change ya mind.”

Jerry Lawler “I don’t believe what Austin just did JR! Is he crazy?”

Jerry Lawler “Austin’s a manic JR!”

Jim Ross “McMahon screwed Austin and now Austin is screwing McMahon.”

“Last week Austin preformed criminal acts against myself and my family and this week that son of a bitch is where he belongs, JAIL!”

“What do you mean he’s been released? Who in the hell posted bail?”

“You posted Austin bail didn’t you What in the hell is wrong with you?”

“You know what? I don’t care! Because YOU’RE FIRED!”

“No Vince I quit, I’m sick of being treated like dirt around her, especially since Mick left. You can stick you’re job and as far as my husband goes, yeah I did post his bail and he’s coming here, tonight!”

“Stephanie! Stephanie!”

“Debra has posted bail for Austin and he could be here any minute so we all need to leave the arena.”

“No Dad! You two may have nothing to stay for but I made myself special guest referee in the main event and I’ll be damned if some redneck is going to ruin my plans!”

“Fine we’ll stay but I’m having full security around us at all times and I want a guard in that ring with you.”

Michael Cole “It’s Austin! Stephanie is all alone with Austin!”

“Austin! Austin! Don’t do anything stupid! We can sort this out. You want Angle at the Royal Rumble? Fine! Ya got him!”

Michael Cole “It’s going to be Austin and Angle for the WWF Title at the Royal Rumble!”

Jerry Lawler “Austin going to have hell to pay!”

“So with out any further ado, let me introduce to you the champion, *The crowd boo* He is an Olympic Gold Medallist and American hero! He is KURTTTT ANGLEEEEE!”

“And he’s opponent, the challenger. Steve Austin.”

“Well at the Rumble you can as many bad words as you want, you can do whatever you want and it won’t matter because it won’t change the fact, that at the end of our match I’ll still be WWF Champion. Oh it’s true, it’s damn true!”

“Hell if anyone and I mean anyone tries to get in the way of me and that WWF Title I’ll whoop their ass. I don’t care if it’s Stephanie McMahon, I don’t care if it’s Vince McMahon, hell it could be anyone, I really don’t give a rats ass but I do know that I’m gonna whoop your ass one, two, three and walk out of New Orleans the WWF Champion and that’s the bottom line ‘cause Stone Cold said so!”

Jim Ross “This is disgusting! That’s our champion the owner of this damn company assaulting a defenceless man! This is despicable!”

“Let me make one thing perfectly clear to all of you, nobody lays their hands on Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley! Nobody lays their hands on daddy’s little girl! And that’s why after Austin hit me with the Stone Cold Stunner last week; he made the worst mistake of his life! I promise you Austin that you’re going to pay and it starts tonight. Tonight we’re going to see Steve Austin verses Rikishi in a No Disqualification match!”

Michael Cole “Stone Cold just sent a message to our WWF Champion! There’s gonna be nowhere to run, nowhere to hide this Sunday!”

WWF Championship

Glass shatters and the crowd are on their feet as Steve Austin’s music hits the arena and he appears from behind the curtain. Austin does his customary four-corner salute before awaiting our WWF Champion. Angle makes Austin wait a few seconds before his American theme hits the stereo and he makes his way down the ramp. Angle stops halfway and raises his arms as fireworks go off behind him before entering the ring but Austin doesn’t wait for the bell and gets in the first blow.

Austin hammers away at our champion with right hands but Angle does manage to duck under and counter with some of his own until Austin blocks and once again controls the fistfight. Angle manages to stop the rampaging challenger with a knee to the gut and then some more right hands. Austin does much the same with a knee of his own and some more right hands; this is one hell of a heated brawl! Angle ducks under and pummels away some more at Austin until Stone Cold finally ends the brawl with a knee and a whip off the ropes but Angle reverses and Austin is met with a back elbow. Angle covers for one. Angle looks to whip Austin but this time Stone Cold reverses and sends Angle into the ropes, Lou Thresh Press! Austin with piston right hands on the champion!

Austin drops his customary elbow off the ropes and covers for a two count. Angle regains his vertical base but not for long as Austin clotheslines him back down. Austin wants to end it early as he waits for Angle to stand, flips the bird and nails him in the gut but Kurt reverses and pushes Austin to the buckle. Angle unloads with some right hands that shake Austin until Stone Cold reverses and places Kurt in the corner and gives him some right hands. Angle slumps to the floor and Austin stomps a mudhole in him and walks it dry! Senior referee Earl Hebner backs Austin out of the corner as our America Hero scrambles to his feet, Austin takes him out of the corner and whips him off the ropes but Kurt gets back into the game with a textbook clothesline and covers for a near fall.

Angle with some vicious stomps right to the head of Austin, Angle whips Austin off the ropes but Austin ducks the clothesline and rebounds with another Lou Thresh Press, five piston right hands before taking Angle over the top rope with a clothesline. Austin follows and bounces Angle’s head off the announce table, not once, not twice but three times! Austin has Angle by the head by Angle escapes and throws Austin into the ringpost! Angle stomps away at Austin before picking him up and ramming him into the steel steps. Angle continues the assault and bounces Austin’s head off the announce table before rolling him back into the ring. Angle continues the assault further with right hands to a defenceless Austin that have the challenger corned. Angle hammers away relentlessly in the corner until Austin slumps down and Kurt takes the opportunity to choke Austin with his boot. Hebner tries to back Angle away but smartly Angle stays on his man and whips him off the ropes before catching him and nailing a sweet Overhead Belly To Belly. Angle covers for a near fall.

Angle with some more stomps to the head before lifting up Austin who takes a wide swing which Angle ducks and uses to hit a high angle back suplex. Angle covers for another near fall. Austin gets to his feet but Angle uses the snapmare to take him down and locks in the headlock. Hebner asks Austin if he wants to quit but Austin shows his tenacity by getting to his feet. He desperately elbows Angle in the gut and throws him off the ropes, Austin ducks his head far too soon and gets a stiff kick to the head for his trouble followed by a clothesline. Scoop slam on Austin and Angle has highflying intentions. Angle from the top, Moonsault! Beautiful! Angle has the cover and gets a near fall. Angle backs Austin to the corner and unloads with some right hands before whipping him to the buckle. Angle charges but Austin instinctively gets a boot up.

Austin fights back with right hands and throws Angle off the ropes before nailing a clothesline. Angle gets up quickly and Austin executes a suplex with a cover for a two count. Austin whips Angle to the ropes and Angle dodges a clothesline but is caught second time round with a nice spinebuster. Austin comes off the ropes and drops his elbow across the champion’s throat before hooking the leg for two. Austin comes off the ropes but Angle ducks and Austin knocks Earl Hebner into next week! Austin turns around and Kurt takes advantage with a low blow and a DDT. Sensing an opportunity, Vincent Kennedy McMahon decides to make his way down to ringside much to the chagrin of the New Orleans crowd as Angle stomps away at Austin. Angle goes to the outside to grab the WWF Title belt and clearly has evil intentions on his mind.

Angle full steam ahead towards Austin but Austin gets a boot to the midsection and the Title falls to the floor, another kick to the midsection, Stunner! Austin nails the Stunner! Austin has the cover and the crowd count the three but crucially Earl Hebner does not, the only think Earl is counting is sheep! McMahon has a chair and tries to sneak up on Austin but Stone Cold has eyes in the back of his head and Vince is face to face with the rattlesnake! In the nick of time Angle takes out Austin’s leg with a chop block and Mr McMahon goes back where he belongs, outside the ring and cheers on Angle as he works over Austin’s leg with repeated elbow drops. Angle drags Austin to the ringpost and goes outside, He wraps Austin’s leg around the steel but tries it once too often and Austin pulls his legs and Angle has some steel reconstruction to his face!

Austin goes outside and after some stomps throws Angle back in, Austin comes off the ropes but Vince interjects himself again with a steel chair right to the injured leg! Austin drops and Angle stomps viciously before stalking Austin from behind, looking for the Olympic Slam and crucially Earl Hebner is stirring. Austin is up and Angle hooks it up but the rattlesnake slithers out! Angle ducks a right hand, Olympic Slam! Angle nails it the second time! He has the cover and Vince hurries Earl to the scene but it takes an eternity before Earl can begin his slow count, one, two, thre-no! Austin kicks out much to the crowd’s ecstasy and Mr McMahon’s frustration! Angle picks up Austin but with his will to survive and do anything necessary Stone Cold hits the low blow! Earl is still recovering and is in no state to see the DQ offence and Austin slowly climbs to the top rope. Austin takes an eternity to get to the top and Angle takes full advantage with a lighting quick arm drag off the top! Austin hits the mat hard and Angle crawls over for a cover but Earl once again produces only the two!

Angle is incensed and starts to argue with now recovered Earl before turning his attention back to Austin, fatal mistake though as the rattlesnake takes the opportunity to hit another Stone Cold Stunner before collapsing. Earl starts his count as more reinforcements arrive for our WWF Champion in the form of Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley. Both men in the ring are on their feet after eight and Austin blocks a right before nailing one of his own, and again. Austin takes us back to the beginning with piston right hands and takes Angle to the corner but our champion fights back with a knee to the gut and rams the fan favourite into the ringpost, hard! Stephanie is in distract mode as she jumps on the apron and Vince snidely slides the Title belt to Angle. Kurt doesn’t need a second invitation and as Austin turns around nails him with the gold! Austin is busted open! Angle slides the belt out and covers as Stephanie jumps down, one, two, thre-no! Austin survives again!

Kurt takes out his frustrations on Austin’s head with stiff stomps before setting him up for the Olympic Slam once more, Austin stumbles into the trap but drops down again and this time nails a clothesline on the counter. Stephanie is on the apron again but Austin knocks her down, a red mask comes over Vince and he enters the ring to confront Austin and gets nailed with a Stunner for his trouble! Angle however manages to take advantage off a taunting Austin when he grabs him in a go-behind and nails a German Suplex and another and another! Angle stomps a few more boots before signalling for the end and as Austin recovers flips him the bird, kick to the gut, Austin reverses his own finishing manoeuvre! Angle off the ropes, Stunner! Austin nails the Stunner again! The cover, one, two and three! It’s all over; we have a new WWF Champion! Austin is thrown some beers and he toasts the electric crowd.

Winner: Steve Austin

Jim Ross “Bah God, Austin’s done it! We have a new WWF Champion!”

Jerry Lawler “Oh no! How could this happen! Angle, Stephanie and Vince and that damn rattlesnake still did it! Mr McMahon is not going to be happy when he realises what’s happened!”

Jim Ross “Austin took everything that was thrown at him and he beat them all! New champion and bah God this crowd is loving every second of it!”

Kane is seven feet tall, over 300 pounds and must be considered a favourite for the Royal Rumble!

The American Bad Ass is all about the fight and his gonna bring it at the Rumble!

Rikishi is 400 pounds and a bad bad man, who in the hell is going to be able to single handily throw him over the top rope?

William Regal is number thirty and has an excellent chance to go to WrestleMania!

Y2J seems so focused on winning the Rumble, we haven’t seen this side of him before but he is damn determined to go to WrestleMania. You can see it running through his veins!

Test has had enough and has promised to break anyone who gets in his way, in half!

The Rock has to be a favourite and is defiantly the People’s choice, he’s been there before and his desire to go again is at boiling point!

The brothers are working together! This is bad news for everyone, who in the hell is going to be able to survive the both of them? But what’s going to happen when it comes down to just them two?

Who’s going to win the Royal Rumble?

After a nice hype video for the Rumble main event we come to The Rock who gets a huge cheer and Jonathan Coachman who is going to attempt a straight up interview.

Jonathan Coachman “Rock, we are moments away from the Royal Rumble and………………………..”

Rock throws a hand in Coach’s face to stop him before grabbing the microphone.

The Rock “Finally, The Rock has come back to New Or-leans!”

The crowd give a huge cheer and The Rock waits for it to die down before continuing.

The Rock “The Royal Rumble 2001! The biggest Rumble in history! The chance to go to WrestleMania and there are so many possibilities! It could come down to The Rock and Bull Buchanan! It could be The Rock and Perry Saturn! It could come down to The Rock and The Undertaker! And speaking of The Undertaker, everyone’s been saying the same thing; Kane and Undertaker are working together! Nobody can stop Kane and the Undertaker! Everyone’s in trouble because of Kane and The Undertaker! Well quite frankly, if The Undertaker and Kane are working together then we are all in trouble! But The Rock is sick of hearing the same thing; Kane wants to play doctors and nurses with The Undertaker. Undertaker wants to buy Kane an engagement ring; Undertaker wants to feel the wrath of Kane’s crispy critter! The Rock doesn’t give a damn! Cause those jabronis will be joining all the others, flying over the top rope as The Rock goes on to WrestleMania! If ya smellllllllllllllllllll what The Rock is cooking!”

The crowd go nuts as we go to ringside and Fink explains the rules of the Royal Rumble and JR and King let us know it’s time!

Royal Rumble

Entrant One: Scotty Too Hotty

Too Cool’s music hits the arena as unlucky number one Scotty dances his way down to the ring. He busts a move in the ring before awaiting his first opponent.

Entrant Two: Kane

BANG! Through hellfire and brimstone, it’s Kane! The crowd erupt as Kane makes his way down to the ring, as Scotty’s luck gets even worse. The Big Red Machine steps over the top rope and does his customary throw hands down as fireworks erupt on the turnbuckles. Scotty looks to get some shots in early but Kane predictably overpowers Hotty. Kane takes Hotty down with a thrust to the throat before throwing him into the corner; now Kane unloads with some rights before whipping Scotty to the opposing buckle and following up with a sidewalk slam. Scotty is like a lamb to the wolves here and Kane powers him off the ropes before sticking a foot right down his throat. Kane wants to slam Hotty to hell and waits for the hipster to stagger to his feet, Chokeslam! Kane sent him to hell! Kane scoops up Hotty’s remains and dumps him over the top as the crowd count down the next entrant.

Elimination One: Scotty Too Hotty by Kane

Entrant Three: Farooq

It’s Farooq. The APA member comes charging down to ringside and a wild brawl erupts between him and Kane but even the big stud Farooq can’t compete with Kane’s power as the Big Red Machine comes off the ropes with a clothesline! Kane chokes Farooq on the mat before letting him to his feet and unloading with some more right hands. Kane looks to whip Farooq off the ropes but is reversed but soon regains the advantage with a flying lariat. The big man wants to show some high flying ability now as he climbs to the top rope, he waits for his target to get to his feet and takes a leap of faith, but it’s miss placed faith as Farooq moves out the way! Kane goes crashing to the mat! Kane regains his composure and vertical base but Farooq takes him straight back down with a clothesline and again with another. Farooq comes off the ropes again but Kane catch’s him in a chokehold and shows great adaptability by countering to a chokeslam. Kane drops to his knees as the countdown for our next entrant begins.

Entrant Four: Steve Blackman

The Lethal Weapon comes charging down ringside with Kendo Sticks in hand and dodges a big Kane swipe and unloads some stick shots to the back. Blackman shows great proficiency with the sticks as he unloads stiff shots that keep Kane on his knees until a sweet shot to the head takes Kane to the mat. Blackman turns his attention to Farooq but Farooq plays a little possum and catches Blackman by surprise with a boot to the gut. Farooq presses the advantage and his a thunderous Dominator! Farooq tosses the Kendo sticks outside with some contempt before stomping away at Blackman as Kane sits up. Kane turns Farooq around but Farooq has his smarts about him and nails a right hand first. Both men trade blows until Farooq is in the corner and Kane looks to choke the life out of him until Blackman nails the monster from behind. Farooq and Blackman wisen up and send Kane off the ropes in an attempt for double team offence but unfortunately for them it back fires and Kane catches both with a double clothesline. The countdown is on.

Entrant Five: Bull Buchanan

That damn annoying music of the RTC hits the arena as big Bull Buchanan fresh form his vote of confidence from The Rock makes his way to the ring. Bull goes straight for Kane but Kane is having none of it and hits a well-placed thrust to the throat of big Bull. Kane turns around and now has Blackman to contend with but swipes him away with a clothesline and Farooq eats a boot for his trouble. Kane is just dominating three men here! Kane picks up Bull and hits him with a suplex and then throws him into the corner. Kane pummels away at Bull until Blackman sneaks behind but is well scouted by Kane who trades blows with him now, Kane is holding off two men but appears to be losing until Farooq surprisingly nails Blackman from behind, Kane continues his assault on Bull as Farooq throws Blackman over the top.

Elimination Two: Steve Blackman by Farooq

Bull is slumped in the corner as Farooq nails Kane from behind; Kane overpowers Farooq once more in the fistfight and takes him down to the mat. The ten count begins as Kane chokes Farooq on the mat.

Entrant Six: Jeff Hardy

Hardy comes down to the ring and gives Kane something new to deal with when he ducks a paw swipe and rebounds with a spin kick. Hardy hits a legdrop off the ropes as Bull comes across and starts to beat down a fallen Farooq. Hardy’s energy seems to be the tonic as he continues the assault on Kane with a dropkick and clothesline, Kane does gain some control with a knee to the gut as Bull hangs Farooq over the top rope in an attempt to eliminate but Hardy comes back with a cross body block. Farooq manages to escape doom and fight back with some fists on Bull as Hardy ascends to the top rope. Hardy jumps off the top but is caught by the mutts of the monster and thrown across the ring. It looks like they just made Kane angry! Kane clotheslines Hardy down and throws him to the corner in an attempt to eliminate the nuisance but rather oddly Bull Buchanan who has just scoop slammed Farooq comes across to assault Kane and therefore saves Hardy. Farooq comes across now but not for revenge but rather to help his former foe in beating down Kane. Kane is thrown off the ropes and he ducks a double clothesline but Hardy comes off the top with a spin kick. All three men stomp away at Kane now as the countdown begins.

Entrant Seven: Bradshaw

Here comes Bradshaw charging down to ringside. Straight away he joins the three in the corner as they look to hoist Kane over the top but Kane battles away and throws all four men away before tossing an advancing Hardy over the top but unbeknown to Kane, Hardy holds on to skin the cat. Kane as Bull in his sights and powers away at him as Bradshaw and Farooq look to break the every man for himself motto and double team Jeff Hardy. They link and takes Hardy down with a big double clothesline before Farooq hoists Hardy onto his shoulders and looks to dump him over the top. Bradshaw shows his combative nature though when he dumps Farooq over the top in a double elimination attempt but Hardy holds on!

Elimination Three: Farooq by Bradshaw

Farooq is irate on the outside as Bradshaw apologises and gets back to work on Hardy. Kane dumps Bull down to the mat with a powerslam! Kane seems to go into overdrive mode and over goes Bull! Kane comes across to Bradshaw and clotheslines him over the top and as the clock reaches five Kane tosses Hardy over the top who this time doesn’t skin the cat! Whoever next has got one hell of a task!

Elimination Four: Bull Buchanan by Kane

Elimination Five: Bradshaw by Kane

Elimination Six: Jeff Hardy by Kane

Entrant Eight: Triple H

Time To Play The Game! It’s The Game! He’s back! Triple H has his game face on as the crowd actually erupt in cheers for the heel. Triple H makes his way down to the ring slowly and calculatingly as Kane eyes up his fresh meat. Triple H spits some water vapour just outside the ring before throwing his bottle to the excited crowd and entering the ring. Triple H ducks a Kane right hand and unloads with some rights of his own that rock the Big Red Machine. Triple H knees Kane in the gut and takes him down to the mat with a hard-hitting DDT. Hunter look to whip Kane off the ropes but Kane reverses and sends Triple H off the ropes, Hunter regains control though with a high knee to the face and continues the high intensity assault with mounted right hands to the skull of the monster. Hunter throws Kane to the corner and comes running in but is too keen and gets caught with a boot to the face. Kane comes out of the corner with some right hands and whips Hunter off the ropes before drilling The Game into the mat with a powerslam. The countdown for number nine begins as Kane throws Hunter to the corner.

Entrant Nine: The Goodfather

The second RTC member of the night comes running down to ringside and immediately targets Kane with right hands. Triple H comes out the corner and he and Goodfather form an alliance and double team the Big Red Machine. Kane is on the mat as Triple H and Goodfather both choke him on the bottom rope, Triple H takes the lead and orders Goodfather to hold Kane open as he mounts vicious right hands that shake the monster. Kane doesn’t take it lying down though and boots Hunter down before hip tossing Goodfather over. Kane whips Goodfather off the ropes and has him in the Gorilla Press Position but The Game takes out Kane’s right leg with a chop block and Goodfather safely hits the inside off the ring. The countdown begins as Goodfather chokes Kane and Triple H goes into Cerebral Assassin mode and drops numerous leg drops onto Kane’s injured leg.

Entrant Ten: Perry Saturn

Perry Saturn slowly makes his way down to the ring with Terri by his side before ordering her to the back and taking out Goodfather in the ring. Goodfather and Saturn trade blows as Triple H locks in a modified side figure four on Kane. Kane escapes with a rake to the eyes of Hunter as Saturn unsuccessfully tries to eliminate Goodfather. Kane is up on his dippy leg and pummelling away at Hunter before throwing him off the ropes but ducking his head too soon and being hit with a swinging neckbreaker. Goodfather now has Saturn dangling over the top but much like Saturn’s own attempt it fails when Saturn nails his foe with an elbow. Triple H has Kane in the corner and bounces his head off the buckle before stomping away at him. Triple H finishes with a choke and Goodfather takes Saturn down with a nice Samoan Drop in the middle of the ring as the clock counts down to one.

Entrant Eleven: Hardcore Holly

How do ya like me now? Hardcore Holly comes crashing down to ringside and takes out both Goodfather and Saturn with clotheslines before going to the corner and trading blows with Triple H. Hardcore sends Hunter off the ropes and nails him with a sweet dropkick that almost breaks his jaw! Hardcore scoops up Triple H and looks to dump him over the top but Hunter holds onto the top and re-enters under the bottom as Hardcore stomps away at him. Saturn and Goodfather both have Kane up in the corner and almost over but Kane battles back and blasts both men back down to the mat. Kane bounces Saturn’s head off the corner buckle and works him over as Hardcore has a whip reversed and Hunter nails the face buster. Hunter sets up Hardcore for the Pedigree but its counter with a catapult to the corner, which takes out a just recovered Goodfather. Holly charges at the corner but Hunter moves and Goodfather is hit with a double whammy and Triple H goes over to nail Kane who counters as the clock counts down.

Entrant Twelve: K Kwik

The tiny K Kwik comes running down to the ring full of energy but jumps straight into the claws of Kane who takes him to the corner and sits him on the top rope before punching him to the outside.

Elimination Seven: K Kwik by Kane

Triple H and Kane trade blows, as do Hardcore and Goodfather before Saturn comes across and nails Goodfather, Hardcore and Saturn double team Goodfather and try to elevate him over the ropes in the corner but he manages to escape. Meanwhile Triple H comes off the ropes but Kane catches him and lifts him in a choke before throwing him to the mat. Kane picks Triple H up with the idea of elimination in mind but Triple H scurries down and tips Kane over the rope and the crowd get excited but its short lived as Kane grasps the bottom rope and slides under despite constant boots from The Game. Perry Saturn comes across and nails Hunter from behind and comes back off the ropes but Hunter smartly dodges and helps Saturn over the top and into elimination. Meanwhile on the other side of the ring Hardcore Holly has also eliminated Goodfather! The action doesn’t stop at the Rumble though and are ready for the next entrant!

Elimination Eight: Perry Saturn by Triple H

Elimination Nine: The Goodfather by Hardcore Holly

Entrant Thirteen: Ken Shamrock

The World’s Most Dangerous Man! Ken Shamrock! He gets a huge ovation as he comes charging down to ringside with the intensity dripping from his entire body. Shamrock takes advantage off his fresh legs and hammers away at Hardcore Holly before whipping him off the ropes and nailing a nice Hurricanarana. Shamrock picks up Hardcore and dumps him over the top as Kane and Triple H continue to duke it out in the corner.

Elimination Ten: Hardcore Holly by Ken Shamrock

Shamrock decides to join in and nails Hunter from behind before throwing him off the ropes and hitting a perfectly executed Belly To Belly. Kane comes a charging but Shamrock shows his shoot background with a nice drop toehold and in an instant he has Kane’s injured right leg in the Ankle Lock, Kane is clearly in agony! Triple H slumps in the corner for a well-earned rest as Kane is in agony and Shamrock refuses to break the hold, that is until Kane gets to his feet and shows great agility with an enziguiri kick! Kane is down on the mat! Triple H is the corner slumped and Shamrock is recovering from a blow to the head! What a war! We get some signs of life as Triple H takes advantage and keeps both men on the mat with some well-placed stomps. Shamrock is on his feet And Triple H comes off the ropes but Shamrock takes him down with a clothesline! The countdown begins for the next entrant.

Entrant Fourteen: Raven

Raven comes down incredibly slowly as Shamrock works over Hunter in the corner. Finally Raven is up and Kane catches him with a right hand and they trade blows around the ring. Shamrock is hammering away at Hunter and has he dangling over the rope and the crowd seem excited, as one more shot will send him over. Shamrock comes back and looks for a big clothesline but Hunter shows great extinct with a kick to the gut, he’s hooked up and Pedigree! Shamrock got drilled! Hunter takes a few seconds before scooping up Shamrock and looking to toss him outside but Ken puts on the breaks and with a knee to the gut takes control. Shamrock chucks Hunter over the top rope! But despite a foot in his throat, he holds on! As the action becomes harder to follow Kane is destroying Raven in the corner before being whipping him off the ropes, Raven ducks a clothesline but is met with a huge Chokeslam that shakes the ring. We are ready for number Fifteen!

Entrant Fifteen: Tazz

Tazz comes charging down but much like K Kwik falls straight into the hands off Kane who delivers a huge Chokeslam before dumping him over the top, he can compare notes with Kwik for shortest time in the Rumble.

Elimination Eleven: Tazz by Kane

Shamrock is dangling over the top! Hunter has him up but Shamrock escapes this time! Raven is in trouble as Kane turns his attentions to him and Hunter has Shamrock on the mat with a choke. Raven reverses a whip and comes back with some offence to the Big Red Machine with a clothesline before dropping a succession of fists onto his face. Shamrock has turned the tide in the corner and nails Hunter with a succession of knees to the gut before taking him out the corner with a snap suplex. Shamrock takes Hunter over to and chokes him upon the second rope as Kane comes back against Raven with a reversed suplex. Kane comes off the ropes and nails a clothesline to keep Raven grounded, as we get ready for our next entrant.

Entrant Sixteen: Grandmaster Sexay

Sexay comes dancing down to ringside and nails Shamrock from behind, He whips him off the ropes and nails him with a dropkick before climbing to the top. Going to the top rope is always risky in the Rumble and Kane launches him off the buckle and onto the railing on the outside. Kane wants to beat every man single handily and he’s not doing a bad job of it so far!

Elimination Twelve: Grandmaster Sexay by Kane

Raven nails Kane in the gut and hits the Evenflow DDT before turning his attention to Shamrock and Triple H. He battles away with both before he and Hunter both take out Shamrock. Hunter turns on Raven now and throws him off the ropes before hitting a huge spinebuster! Triple H puts the boots into Kane and lifts him to the corner where he works him over before choking him with his boot. We are ready for Seventeen.

Entrant Seventeen: Rikishi

He’s a bad bad man! And all 400 pounds of Rikishi takes its time in coming down to the ring! Kish hammers away at Shamrock and takes Raven out the game with a headbutt. Shamrock is whipped off the ropes and gets blasted with a sweet superkick. Triple H comes out the corner to met Kish but gets blasted with a clothesline. Kish gets a sick look in his eye as he sees Kane slumped in the corner and raises him to his feet. Kish pummels the monster in the corner before taking him to the middle of the ring and taking him down with a headbutt. Raven blasts Kish from behind but has a whipped reversed and is drilled to the mat with a hard-hitting Samoan Drop. Kish has every man on the mat! Shamrock comes to the bad man but is thrown to the corner and dealt more punishment until Triple H attacks from behind, Shamrock places Kish in the corner and an uneasy look between the former foes turns to an uneasy alliance as they punish Kish in the corner. Kane has Raven on the mat and choking him before lifting him up and throwing him in the corner, Kane is over zealous though and charges and hits nothing but steel. Raven rams him back into the steel for some insult to injury, as we get ready for number eighteen.

Entrant Eighteen: Chris Jericho

The fans give a huge roar as Jericho’s music plays and he and Raven lock eyes. Jericho gets in the ring and Raven gets some shots in but Jericho gets the better of the exchange and whips Raven off the ropes. Dropkick off the ropes by Jericho and he shows great athleticism with a nicely executed Lionsault. Raven is scooped up and thrown over the top as Jericho gets some sweet revenge.

Elimination Thirteen: Raven by Chris Jericho

Shamrock and Jericho pair off as Rikishi hammers away at The Game and Jericho nails a knee to the gut and an under hook backbreaker. Jericho waits for Shamrock to shows some signs of recovery before delivering a running kick to the gut to keep control. Kane is back and hammering away at Rikishi in the corner. Rikishi battles back and both men trade wild blows in the middle of the ring before Rikishi wins out with a knee to the gut and a scoop slam. Kish drags Kane to the corner and goes to the second rope, Banzai! Kish dries the air out of the monster! Shamrock comes off the ropes and nails Y2J with a running knee lift before Triple H takes him down with a clothesline. The crowd are counting down!

Entrant Nineteen: Albert

Here comes the big stud Albert! He charges down to ringside and straight away takes out Triple H with a stiff clothesline. Rikishi throws him to the corner but Albert comes back out with a nice Scissors Kick that impressively takes the 400 pounder down! Shamrock comes a charging but is planted with a seated powerbomb but Triple H proves too much as he hits a knee to the gut. Albert reverses a whip but Hunter counters with a swinging neckbreaker. Hunter whips Albert off the ropes and nails a face buster before hooking up a Pedigree and hitting it! Kane sits up but Hunter keeps him down with a low clothesline and rests on the ropes as the clock reaches zero!

Entrant Twenty: Test

Test Test, This is a Test! It’s gonna be one heck of a test for an exhausted Triple H as Test looks to take out some frustration on his ex’s husband. Test and Hunter have a wild brawl before Hunter eats the boot of Test. Albert sees an opportunity to get some revenge of his ex partner and nails him from behind. Albert is thrown to the corner by Test and rebounds with a Scissors Kick but Test moves out the way. Albert is up on the shoulders of Test and yes! Testdrive! Test swings Albert around into a wicked backbreaker! Albert is easy picking as Test gets a sweet elimination over the top.

Elimination Fourteen: Albert by Test

Test turns his attentions to Jericho and Hunter now as Rikishi drags Kane over to the corner looking for another Banzai Drop! Kish gets to the second rope but Kane has sat up and throws Kish over the top! Rikishi put himself in no mans land! The countdown begins!

Elimination Fifteen: Rikishi by Kane

Entrant Twenty One: Al Snow

Al goes straight for Kane now, who overpowers him with a right hand. It seems everyone has wised up a little as Jericho goes for Kane but is met with a clothesline and Al jumps on his back before being thrown off. Hunter nails Kane in the kidneys and Snow locks in the sleeper and Shamrock tries to take the leg and Test nails Kane from the front with Jericho. It’s five on one but Kane throws Snow away like a piece of garbage and nails Test and Jericho down before taking out Hunter with a thrust to the throat. Shamrock comes off the ropes and eats a boot for his trouble! Al charges at Kane but gets caught around the throat as does Jericho and Test eats a boot but even Kane can’t keep five men at bay forever and Triple H and Shamrock both nail a chop block to both legs that take Kane down. All five now stomp away at the monster before lifting him up and taking him to the corner where they all take turns in working him over. Hunter takes a leaders role now as he orders Snow to thrown Kane off the ropes and hits Kane with a wicked spinebuster. Hunter gets Kane to the ropes and all five men now try to eliminate him and Kane desperately tries to fight them off. The countdown begins.

Entrant Twenty Two: D’lo Brown

Kane has managed to thwart all five men and take them down to the mat before nailing throwing D’lo off the ropes and hitting him with a powerslam. Kane is met from all sides with attacks but thwarts them until Triple H nails a knee to the gut and ironically Test double-teams with a DDT. All six now stomp away at Kane who looks to be on borrowed time before he is raised to his feet. All six men take it turns to nail their finishers, finishing with the Pedigree as Kane is out for the count. The dead weight is brought to his feet and towards the top rope as the countdown begins.

Entrant Twenty Three: The Undertaker

Taker does a lap of the ring in his bike as the crowd explode and his brother desperately holds on. Will Taker help his brother? Yes! Taker takes Jericho and takes him out with a soup bone! Now Shamrock! And Hunter! And Kane deals with D’lo, Snow and Test! The brothers pummel away at all six and there goes D’lo! Jericho! And Al Snow! Shamrock is caught around the throat, Double Chokeslam and he is quickly thrown over the top, as the brothers stand tall!

Elimination Sixteen: D’lo Brown by Undertaker

Elimination Seventeen: Chris Jericho by Kane

Elimination Eighteen: Al Snow by Undertaker

Elimination Nineteen: Ken Shamrock by Kane & The Undertaker

Hunter and Test are slumped in the corners and the brothers stand in the middle of the ring with JR shouting “and now what!” That question doesn’t have to be answered though as the brother’s catch a sneaky Test attack with a double throat thrust before throwing him to the corner and pummelling away. Here comes the next entrant!

Entrant Twenty Four: Crash Holly

Crash Holly and the crowd give a nice pop as he appears from the back with a shopping cart full of goodies. He throws stop signs, trashcan lids and trashcans into the ring before attacking Kane from behind with one of those lids! It doesn’t seem to affect Kane though who turns around but a shot to the face has him reeling. Triple H takes a trashcan and nails Taker in the head before pummelling him on the floor. Test see’s an opportunity as takes it as Triple H gets up by throwing him over the top! The crowd go nuts, as Hunter can’t believe it! The referee’s outside try to calm him down as Test goes to work on Undertaker but Taker reverses a whip Hunter low bridges the ropes and Test is eliminated! Hunter and Test trade blows to the back as the action continues in the ring.

Elimination Twenty: Triple H by Test

Elimination Twenty One: Test by Undertaker

Kane is hammering away at Crash in the corner as Taker clears the weapons from the ring; Kane drags the defenceless Crash to the middle where he gets planted with a Double Chokeslam before being thrown over the top. Kane and Taker stare off in the middle as JR gets excited but it’s short lived as the countdown makes them look at the entrance way.

Elimination Twenty Two: Crash Holly by Kane & The Undertaker

Entrant Twenty Five: The Rock

Edited by Visionary

If ya smellllllllllllllllllll! It’s The Rock and the roof goes off the New Orleans arena! Rock takes his time in eyeing up Kane and Taker before sprinting to the ring and exploding with speed and right hands to both. Kane takes him back with a knee to the gut but a double whip leads to a double clothesline on the brother as The Rock and the crowd go nuts! Rock has control as he brawls with both brothers but the numbers game catches up and Kane takes him down with a thrust to the throat. Both brothers stomp away at Rocky now on the mat before Undertaker holds Rock open for a barrage of Kane right hands. Rock off the ropes and clothesline by Taker. Rock is thrown to the corner for a double working over until he’s dragged out by the brothers grim and set up for a Double Chokeslam but Rock low blows Kane and takes Taker out with a clothesline to a good pop! Rock slaps Taker with open hands until he puts some extra spice into the last one, which almost takes Taker over the top. Rock backs up and looks for a clothesline but Taker catches him and Chokeslams him to hell! Taker works Rock to the corner where he and Kane try to eliminate him as we wait for number twenty six.

Entrant Twenty Six: Dean Malenko

Malenko comes to the ring and saves Rock with an attack to Kane, which draws his attention. Rock manages to escape Undertakers elimination but is thwarted with a soup bone in the corner. Taker has control over Rock in the corner as Malenko takes Kane down with a dropkick. Malenko looks to wear down Kane with a headlock but Kane is quick to his feet and shows impressive strength and stamina by throwing Malenko half way across the ring! Rock is fighting back in the corner with right hands and whips Taker off the ropes, Samoan Drop! Rock scoop slams Taker in the middle of the ring and the crowd get excited as Rock signals for the People’s Elbow! The pad flies off and Rock goes off the ropes but Kane catches him around the throat! But Rock nails Kane with a boot and hits a DDT before springing back up! Rock stalks Kane and is ready to uncoil, Kane is up and Rock nails the Rock Bottom! Kane soaks up more punishment! Rock goes over to the corner and he and Malenko stomp away at Taker. Taker is whipped off the ropes and hit with a double back elbow and Rock then turns on Malenko as the crowd begin the countdown.

Entrant Twenty Seven: Road Dogg

Road Dogg comes running down hoping to last longer than his tag team partner and immediately hits Undertaker with right hands. Dogg shakes, rattles and then Taker makes sure he rolls all the way to the floor with a hard right hand. Taker comes off the ropes and nails a leg drop as Rock brawls away with Malenko and Kane gets some well-earned rest in the corner. Rock has Malenko off the ropes and hits a nice spinebuster. Rock hooks up Malenko for the Rock Bottom but Malenko escapes and hooks up Rock for the very same move! But Rock much the same escapes and finally does hit the Rock Bottom! Rock doesn’t have long to think however as Undertaker turns him around and looks for the whip but its reversed, DDT! Rock lowered his head too soon! Road Dogg has Malenko in the corner and is trying to eliminate him but Dean escapes and hammers away at Road Dogg as we await the next man.

Entrant Twenty Eight: Chaz

Chaz comes down to ringside and goes over to help Road Dogg in the corner by attacking Malenko. Rock is up in the meantime having dropped Taker with a Samoan Drop and so is Kane. Rocky ducks under a Kane swipe and unloads with right hands to the big fella. Rock has Kane dangling over the ropes but Kane catches Rock before the final blow can be dealt. Kane takes Rock to the corner but Rock blocks with his foot and then slams Kane’s head into the buckle! Rock lifts Kane in the corner but Kane escapes elimination and brawls Rock back to the centre of the ring. Kane is in control and backs Rock towards the ropes, Kane takes a swipe but Rock ducks and throws Kane head first over the top as the crowd go nuts! But Kane doesn’t hit the floor and instead rolls back underneath where Rock boots away at him. Road Dogg and Chaz are now fighting and Dogg drops Chaz with a scoop slam. Dogg comes off the ropes and nails the shake, rattle and roll leg drop. The countdown begins as Taker attacks Rocky once more.

Entrant Twenty Nine: The Big Show

It’s The Big Show and you better get ready for something as the crowd erupt and Show steps over the top and looks in one mean mode! Show grabs Road Dogg and drills him to the mat with a one handed Chokeslam! Next Show grabs Chaz and chucks him with ease over the top rope! Malenko tries some right hands but too now avail as he goes sailing over the top too! Show picks up the unconscious Dogg and uses a Military Press to throw him into Chaz before turning his attention the big dogs.

Elimination Twenty Three: Chaz by Big Show

Elimination Twenty Four: Dean Malenko by Big Show

Elimination Twenty Five: Road Dogg by Big Show

Dogg grabs Taker out the corner and grabs him around the throat before delivering a one arm Chokeslam, which is an impressive feat on somebody over 300 pounds! Next its Kane turn and yes! Kane eats the mat and Rock is in trouble! Show points at Rock and spit flies out in his intensity but Rock rocks him with some right hands until Show knees downstairs and gets Rock in position. Rock is set for the ride but hits a low blow that breaks the hold! Rock slaps Show towards the corner before being cut off with a headbutt. Show stands tall in the ring, as the countdown reaches naught for our last entrant.

Entrant Thirty: William Regal

Regal gives a quick wave to the crowd as he comes running down to the ring and gets thwarted straight away by the 500-pound giant. Rock nails Show from behind and Kane and Taker also jump in, in an attempt to get ready of the threat. All three hammer away but even when Regal joins in they are all thwarted. Rock decides to stack the odds against Show some more and rolls outside for a steel chair. Rock snaps the chair together and as Show turns around he gets blasted in the head but it only shakes the Big Man! Rock blasts him again and Show is dangling over the ropes until Rock drops the chair and clotheslines him over the top! Big Show is gone! Rock did it!

Elimination Twenty Six: Big Show by The Rock

We’re down to our final four as Rock brawls with Regal. Regal reverses a whip but it’s to no avail as Rock comes flying back with a clothesline. Undertaker attacks Rock though and Kane drops a big elbow on Regal as the brothers look to put this thing to bed. Taker hammers away at Rock in the corner and chokes him before letting up. Taker goes for another right but Rock blocks and unloads with rights of his own as they come out the corner but Taker scores with a knee to the gut and lifts Rock on to his shoulder. Tombstone? Rock is in a precarious position but manages to escape his doom by slipping behind Taker. There’s a huge roar as Rock pushes an unbalanced Taker over the top! Taker has gone!

Elimination Twenty Seven: Undertaker by The Rock

Meanwhile Kane has Regal on the mat and is choking the life out of him as Rock comes over to attack. Rock unloads on Kane but Kane takes him down with a whip and a boot. Kane throws Rock off the ropes and nails a tilt a whirl slam. Regal nails Kane from behind now in his attempt to stop the monster and nails a nice neckbreaker. Kane is back on his feet despite Regals stomps and Regal comes off the ropes hoists only to be hoisted upon Kane’s shoulders and dumped to the outside, it’s just too easy for the Big Red Machine.

Elimination Twenty Eight: William Regal by Kane

Rock explodes with right hands on Kane and Kane gives as good as he gets and gains control with a knee to the gut. Kane whips Rock but Rock dodges a clothesline and comes back with is own before nipping up! Rock is stalking Kane and wants the Rock Bottom but Kane escapes with a knee an elbow and whips Rock off the ropes. Rock runs into the mitt of Kane but Rock escapes the Chokeslam with a Low Blow before collapsing to the floor. Rock scrambles across the floor and reaches the conveniently placed chair. Kane comes across but Rock surprises him with a shot right to the face! Kane is still up though as Rock hits Kane again and Kane stumbles towards the ropes. One more time Rock nails Kane in the head but Kane still remains standing, all be it almost over the top rope. Rock drops the chair and quickly clotheslines Kane over the top! Kane has gone! The crowd erupt! Rock has done it! Rock is the 2001 Royal Rumble winner!

Elimination Twenty Nine: Kane by The Rock

Rock falls to the floor as Earl Hebner rushes in to raise his hand. Rock goes to every turnbuckle to salute the deafening crowd having claimed his place at WrestleMania.

Jim Ross “Good God, Rock has done it! Rock is going to WrestleMania!”

Jerry Lawler “It took everything he had JR but the People’s Champion did it! He beat 29 other men and deserves that spot JR!”

Jim Ross “I couldn’t agree more! Rock is going to WrestleMania! Good night everybody!”

I only missed two. I was surprised to see Edge and Christian get such a clean win over the Dudley Boyz and Matt beating Benoit. I didn't really like Matt winning the Intercontinental Championship. For some reason I don't buy Hardy as a legit singles wrestler in 2001. It looks like a feud between him and Jeff might happen, But I'm hoping you'll hold off on the break up. Maybe feud Matt with a returning Eddie Guerrero or X-Pac? Glad to see Austin get the title in a clean finish. And he and Rock should be a awesome Wrestlemania main event. I loved the way you handled Test in the Royal Rumble too. A feud between him and Triple H could be good, But I don't see Triple H losing to Test. I'm interested in what will happen with Billy Gunn on Raw. That should be very interesting. Shamrock returning is great and I'm looking forward to seeing possible matches with Shamrock against Regal, Benoit or Angle. All in all, A great Rumble. (Y)

Prediction Competition Answers

Matches

Thirty Man Royal Rumble

WWF Championship

One point pre correct answer with title matches counting double and the Rumble worth four points.

Bonus Questions

What will be the first match of the night? Chris Benoit Vs Matt Hardy

Who will get the pinfall/submission in the Tag Team Title match and against whom? (If you believe there will not be a pinfall or submission then stat match ending) Edge pins Buh Buh Dudley

Which match will gain the highest match rating? Kurt Angle Vs Steve Austin

Which match will gain the highest crowd reaction? Kurt Angle Vs Steve Austin

Which match will gain the highest overall rating? Kurt Angle Vs Steve Austin

Who will be the number one entry in the Rumble? Scotty Too Hotty

Who will be the first elimination in the Rumble? Scotty Too Hotty

Who will be in the final four of the Rumble? Kane, The Undertaker, The Rock & William Regal

Who will be the last elimination in the Rumble? Kane

Who will be in the Rumble for the longest amount of time? Kane

One point per correct answer with double points for questions relating to the Royal Rumble.

Prediction Results

Baby Hewey: 4,2,0,0,1. 1,0,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0.

HaasOfPain: 4,2,0,2,1. 0,0,0,1,1,0,2,0,0,0.

Chard: 4,2,0,2,1. 1,0,1,1,1,0,2,2,0,2.

Steve Corino: 4,2,0,2,1. 0,0,0,1,1,0,0,0,0,0.

Midnightnick: 4,2,0,2,1. 1,1,0,1,1,0,2,0,0,0.

Crossface: 0,0,0,0,1. 0,0,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0.

Royal Rumble Rankings Table

1: Chard: 19

2: Midnightnick: 15

3: HaasOfPain: 13

4: Baby Hewey: 11

5: Steve Corino: 11

6: Crossface: 4

Overall Rankings Table

1: Chard: 19

2: Midnightnick: 15

3: HaasOfPain: 13

4: Baby Hewey: 11

5: Steve Corino: 11

6: Crossface: 4

user posted image

eWrestlingNews

Hogan To Work WrestleMania?

It has been reported that Hulk Hogan was backstage at the New Orleans Arena last night during the Royal Rumble and it is believed that he was there to discuss a WrestleMania appearance. Whether or not Hogan would be appearing in a match is unknown. More on this as we get it.

user posted image

WWF Raw Preview

January 22nd 2001

Cajundome – Lafayette, Los Angelus

It’s just 24 hours after the Royal Rumble and we have all the fallout live from the Cajundome!

The Rock beat 29 other men to win the Royal Rumble last night and tonight he is in LA! What will The Great One have to say about his victory last night?

Our newly crowned WWF Champion “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will also be in the house and so will former champion Kurt Angle! Fireworks are set to fly, as Kurt is highly unlikely to give up without a fight!

Triple H is also in the house tonight and following his dramatic comeback last night, what will The Game have in store for us tonight?

Right To Censor’s latest member will also be in the house following his defeat last night and Billy Gunn will be initiated tonight! Will the initiation go off without a hitch?

Also, following his shock return last night, Ken Shamrock will be making his first Raw appearance for almost one and a half years when he takes on D’lo Brown.

Will all these and WWF Tag Team Champions Edge and Christian taking on Too Cool, plus Kane and Undertaker in action and the rest of the fallout from the Rumble, you really can’t afford to miss Raw tonight!

Confirmed Matches

Ken Shamrock Vs D’lo Brown

Edge and Christian Vs Too Cool

Raw looks awesome, Can't wait to see what you'll do. Hogan coming in could be huge. There's so many possibilities of who he can end up facing at Wrestlemania. If Rock/Austin stays as the main event, Then I think we'll see Hogan versus Triple H. I would predict Test/HHH for Wrestlemania, But I think we'll see that happen at No Way Out while Triple H gets a bigger opponent for Wrestlemania. Hogan could end up facing Vince or Shane McMahon? Maybe Angle if Angle doesn't face Shamrock. Or Hogan/Undertaker again?

IPB Image

WWF Raw

January 22nd 2001

Cajundome (3,311) – Lafayette, Los Angeles

We are shown highlights of last nights Royal Rumble before Raw kicks off with former WWF Champion Kurt Angle’s American theme blasting through the arena and the man himself making his way to the ring. Kurt doesn’t pose or taunt and instead makes his way straight to the ring and is handed a microphone.

Kurt Angle “Let’s cut the crap! Last night I was screwed out of the WWF Title and every single one of you knows it! I had Austin down for the three and if it wasn’t for that idiot Earl Hebner I’d still be WWF Champion! So tonight, I’m asking, no I’m demanding a rematch for my WWF Title!”

Time To Play The Game! Triple H’s music hits the arena as the crowd get excited and The Game makes his way down to the ring in his street clothes. He enters the ring and is handed a microphone. Hunter gives him a look up and down.

Triple H “So you think you deserves another title shot? The man who was given all the backing in the world! The Owner! His daughter and my wife! Edge, Christian! You had all that Kurt and yet you still couldn’t get the job done! You couldn’t hang with the big boys and when it really came down to it, when it really mattered, you choked Kurt! You choked!”

Kurt Angle “I choked? I choked? You have to be kidding me? I beat The Rock! I beat The Undertaker! I beat 5 other men including you in a Hell In A Cell! I beat Austin! I beat everyone who was a somebody and I would of beaten Austin again if Hebner had done his job! So don’t say that I choked, because that’s just a freakin’ lie!”

Triple H “You're right Kurt you did beat all those guys but lets face it, you got lucky! You won the title in the first place because of Rikishi! You beat Undertaker because of your brother! You won the Hell In A Cell match with the biggest slice of luck I have ever seen! But the thing about luck Kurt is that it runs out! Guys like you can only stay on top for so long before their exposed for the phoneys they are. You were just keeping the belt warm for the real main eventers Kurt and congratulations you did a great job. But now it’s time for you to step aside and let the big boys take care of business.”

Surprisingly Kurt sports a little smirk, as the crowd remain fully focused.

Kurt Angle “It’s funny you should mention the big boys Triple H because whenever I talk to Stephanie, she certainly seems to think that I’m a bigger boy than you and I’m not talking about height, oh it’s true, it’s damn………………………………….”

Before Angle can finish his sentence Hunter nails him in the gut and delivers a Pedigree! Hunter stands over Kurt looking incredibly intense.

Jim Ross “Good God! Triple H just nailed Kurt Angle!”

Jerry Lawler “Oh no! This is terrible! What is Triple H thinking?"

Commercial Break

Ken Shamrock Vs D’lo Brown

Basically a squash match, D’lo tried to cheap shot Shamrock early on but The World’s Most Dangerous Man gained the upper hand and persisted to hammer away at D’lo. D’lo comes off the ropes but Shamrock drops him with a drop toehold, Ankle Lock! Shamrock has it locked in! D’lo is forced to tap out as Shamrock celebrates in the ring.

Winner: Ken Shamrock

We go backstage where Undertaker is talking with his brother, Kane.

Undertaker “Tonight you know what we have to do, you can close last night to obtaining your ultimate dream but you had it snatched away from you at the last second. Tonight, let the world know the anger and pain you have inside! In our match, make our opponents know it! Let me know it!”

Kane hyperventilates as we hit a commercial break.

Jim Ross “Undertaker and Kane in action, later tonight!”

Commercial Break

As we come back to Raw, Right To Censor all in the ring with Steven Richards on the microphone.

Steven Richards “Last night at the Royal Rumble, I carried forth the good fight and proved once again that morality will always triumph over adversity. Last night was a huge battle won for the Right To Censor and finally the WWF is starting to shape into the kind of place we’re proud to call home. Last night saw me defeat Billy Gunn and bring him to the side of the Right To Censor! No longer will he go around with a profane nickname and profane taunts that send the wrong message to America. No! Now Billy is on our side and will fight the good fight alongside the Right To Censor! Billy Gunn is one of us!”

The crowd give a little boo as Richards pauses.

Steven Richards “So without any further ado, let me introduce to you, the newest member of the Right To Censor, “Good Boy” Billy!”

“Good Boy” Billy appears from the back with the RTC shirt and pants combo but looks incredibly forlorn. He enters the ring where his fellow members greet him but he fails to respond.

Steven Richards “Now I know you’re not entirely happy with this situation Billy, but you have to understand that with time you will grow to believe in our ways and our values. Look at Val, he use to be an adult movie star until he saw the light I offered. Look at Goodfather, he use to degrade women before he saw my light! You will learn Billy that joining us is the first step of repenting your ways and you’re going to make your next step right here tonight because Billy, you’re going to face a former tag team partner of yours. You’re going to face that filthy, foul-mouthed rapper, Road Dogg. And Billy I want you to show him the true power of the light I have given you.”

With a match set up later tonight Billy just walks to the back with the RTC left smirking in the ring.

Jerry Lawler “This just isn’t right JR!”

Commercial Break

Kurt is in Vince McMahon’s office as we come back to Raw. The crowd aren’t pleased to see Angle.

Kurt Angle “Did you just see what Triple H did to me? He insulted and assaulted me! I want him punished Mr McMahon! I want him to find out that you don’t mess with Kurt Angle!”

Vince McMahon “I understand what you’re saying Kurt but his assault was totally unprovoked and you have to understand that Triple H is my son in law.”

Kurt tries to butt in with a but, but Mr McMahon stops him.

Vince McMahon “But with that being said, I agree that something has to be done about this current situation, which is why I have decided………………………..”

Before Vince can finish, the man himself Triple H comes bursting in! He gets a good reaction.

Triple H “Damn it Vince, I want Angle……………………………………..”

Hunter finally clocks Angle before both come face to face.

Triple H “What the hell are you doing here?”

Kurt Angle “I’m here to ask that Mr McMahon punish you for you assault earlier tonight. You’ve got to learn Triple H that I’m the man in this company, not you!”

Triple H “Is that so? Looks like I’m gonna have to beat some more sense into that head of yours and show you why they call me The Game!”

Both men back up ready to fight but Vince manages to get in between them.

Vince McMahon “Stop it! What in the hell do you two think you’re doing? Don’t you think I have enough trouble with Austin running around with the WWF Title?”

Triple H addresses Kurt.

Triple H “Thanks to you!”

Kurt Angle “You might wanna watch what you say ‘cause I’ll put you back on the shelf Triple H! I’ll put you there for good!”

Vince McMahon “Will you two just stop it! Now I do have a solution for our problem. This Thursday night on Smackdown you it’s going to be Kurt Angle Vs Triple H and the winner will get to face Austin for the WWF Title!”

Both men nod but Vince isn’t finished.

Vince McMahon “And for tonight, you better sort out your differences because tonight you’re going to be teaming up together, to face Stone Cold and The Rock!”

The crowd give a huge roar as Hunter and Angle staredown.

Jim Ross “My God! What a huge announcement, Angle and Triple H on Smackdown!”

Jerry Lawler “And don’t forget about the tag team match tonight JR! That’s gonna be huge!”

Commercial Break

Edge & Christian Vs Too Cool

Edge and Scotty start us off and Scotty has the upper hand with some fast paced action until Edge counters with a dropkick. Our tag team champions work over Scotty and keep him isolated. Scotty is whipped to the buckle but jumps over an advancing Christian. Edge off the ropes, Hiptoss! Scotty scoop slams Christian, Worm Time! W O R M! Scotty is in position and ready to drop but Edge catches him with a Spear! Grand Master Sexay finally gets into the ring and takes Edge over the top rope but Christian has the cover for the three. Good tag team wrestling.

Winners: Edge & Christian

We quickly switch backstage to the Hardy Boyz and Lita and Matt and Lita are admiring his new gold.

Jeff Hardy “You know I think it’s great how you beat Chris Benoit last night for the Intercontinental Title but I was thinking perhaps we should get back in the hunt for some tag team gold too.”

Matt Hardy “Yeh, I guess you’re right. I’ll go talk with Vince about giving us a match tonight.”

Jeff Hardy “Beat you to it Matt, we’re facing the Dudley’s later on.”

Matt looks a little taken aback.

Matt Hardy “And you didn’t think to ask me first?”

Jeff Hardy “Well I didn’t think you’d mind, I mean I’ve let you have some singles action and I’ve been ok with that but it think it’s about time you stopped being so selfish and realised we’re a team.”

Jeff gets up, as Matt looks a little shell-shocked.

Jeff Hardy “I’ll leave you to get ready, cause our match is next!”

Jeff leaves the room as Matt and Lita just look at each other.

Commercial Break

The Dudley Boyz Vs The Hardy Boyz

D-Von and Matt to start us off and Matt is dominated by the bigger man and victim of a pound attack. D-Von makes the tag and he and Buh Buh try to keep Matt isolated. Buh Buh comes off the ropes and Matt counters with a spin kick! Matt makes the tag! Jeff takes down both Dudley’s with right hands and clotheslines D-Von over the top. Buh Buh is scoop slammed down and Jeff is on the top, SWANTON BOMB CONNECTS! Jeff looks hurt though and Matt quickly makes the tag and gets the cover himself! Matt wins it off Jeff’s move! After the match Jeff and Matt have a discussion over what just took place with Jeff looking pretty pissed off.

Winners: The Hardy Boyz

We switch backstage to Billy Gunn in his locker room when there’s a knock on the door and Chyna enters. Billy gives a disgusted look.

Chyna “Look Billy, I’m sorry for what happened last night but you know I wasn’t aiming for you, I was aiming for Steven! I’m sorry, ok?”

Billy “You’re sorry? What use is that to me now? I have to go around with this bunch of idiots and preach against things I believe in! Don’t you understand how big a mistake you made last night?”

Chyna “I do and I’m ……………………………”

Billy “Sorry? Yeh you’re sorry but you know what I couldn’t give a crap! Just get the hell outta here!”

With that Chyna slumps off.

Jerry Lawler “It’s because of Chyna that Billy is in this situation!”

Jim Ross “Well she didn’t deliberately do it King! I think she’s truly sorry!”

Jerry Lawler “Well sorry won’t give Billy his life back will it JR?”

Jim Ross “I guess not.”

Commercial Break

Chad Collyer & David Young Vs The Brothers Of Destruction

Squash! Kane and Taker take it to the jobbers early on before we settle with Undertaker against Young. Taker dominates and actually allows Young to tag in Collyer before tagging in Kane. Collyer backs off and Kane takes full advantage and destroys Chad. We finally wrap things up when Young jumps in the ring and both men receive Chokeslams for their troubles! After the match Kane refuses to stop the onslaught and Undertaker just watches on as his brother beats on both men before delivering more Chokeslams. Taker smiles before leading Kane to the back.

Winners: The Brothers Of Destruction

Commercial Break

As we come back to Raw Lillan Garcia is standing by with The Big Show.

Lillan Garcia “Big Show, you requested some time to make a challenge for Smackdown this Thursday?”

Big Show “I didn’t request the time, I demanded it! Give me the damn microphone!”

Show snatches the mic and scares Lillan off.

Big Show “Last night at the Royal Rumble, one man made a huge mistake, and that man was The Rock! Rock, when you eliminated me from the Rumble you signed your own death warrant! So on Smackdown this Thursday, I’m gonna tear you head off!”

Jerry Lawler “I wouldn’t want to be in Rock’s shoes JR!”

Jim Ross “Will Rock accept the challenge?”

Billy Gunn Vs Road Dogg

Two former tag team partners’ facing off here and Billy has the advantage early on when he wins the fistfight. Gunn comes off the ropes and Dogg takes control with a hotshot onto the top rope! Dogg keeps control until he comes off the ropes, Clothesline! Dogg off the ropes again and impressive feat of strength with a Military Press Slam! Kick to the gut, Censor Drop! (As JR tells us it’s now called) Billy covers for the three!

Winner: Billy Gunn

Commercial Break

We come back to Raw and a domestic between Triple H and his wife Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “There was no need for you to do that to Kurt Angle early Hunter! That was totally out of order!”

Triple H “Don’t start with me Steph! Did you not hear what he said about me?”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “What did you expect? You interrupted him and insulted him! Kurt’s my friend Hunter so why can’t you show him a little more respect?”

Triple H exhales his anger before continuing.

Triple H “You need to decide who’s side your on Steph? And you need to decide by Thursday!”

Hunter leaves the room leaving Steph to ponder.

We quickly switch to Rock who gets a huge cheer and Jonathan Coachman is ready to interview.

Jonathan Coachman “Rock you’ve just come off the back of a huge victory in the Royal Rumble last night! You must be feeling confident.”

The Rock “Let me tell you something Coach! The Rock is always confident! And why wouldn’t he be? Last night The Rock proved once again why he is the great one by throwing body after body after body over the top rope! The Rock beat twenty nine other men to go to WrestleMania!”

The crowd cheer as Rock pauses.

Jonathan Coachman “Before that however you have a challenge from The Big Show to answer. Will you accept his challenge for a match this Thursday night?”

The Rock “The Rock doesn’t back down to anyone and that includes Mr I ate all the pies! *The crowd cheer* The Rock will step into that ring with you on Thursday Show and The Rock will do exactly the same as he did at the Royal Rumble! The Rock will whoop your candy-ass and book you into the Smackdown hotel! IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!"

The Rock raises the eyebrow as the crowd go nuts.

Jim Ross “Rock will be in action, next!”

Commercial Break

Kurt Angle & Triple H Vs Steve Austin & The Rock

Rock and Austin get huge ovations and we start off with Rock and The Game. Rock has control early on with his quick brawling style and takes Hunter over the top rope with a slap. Rock tags in Austin who stomps a mudhole in Hunter before connecting with a Lou Thresh Press! Austin and Rock keep control of Triple H before, during and after the last commercial break off the night until Hunter nails Rock with a face buster in desperation. Hunter needs the tag and crawls over to his corner but just as he’s about to tag Angle jumps down and leaves. Triple H is irate as Angle laughs and Austin drags Hunter back into the action. Austin lays the smack on Hunter until he tags in Rock and holds their opponent wide open. Rock takes some shots before coming off the ropes with a big right, but Hunter ducks! Rock nails Austin! Hunter takes the opening and pounds on Rock but gets dropped with a clothesline. Austin is back on his feet and we have a staredown in the middle of the ring! Rock and Austin are about to come to blows and the Cajundome is electric! Both men staredown until Hunter knocks Rock into Austin before throwing outside and into the steel steps. Austin comes outside and gets nailed with a DDT on the outside too. Hunter rolls Rock into the ring and nails the Pedigree. He covers for the three! Hunter stands tall in the middle until Test comes running down to ringside! Test and Hunter trade blows and Test gets the upper hand when he takes Hunter outside. He follows and throws Hunter into the steps, the ringpost, everything! Test rolls him back inside and has a chair, WHACK! Test busts Hunter wide open. Test continues the assault until finally officials drag Test off The Game. The crowd love it.

Winners: Kurt Angle & Triple H

Jim Ross “Good God almighty! Test has just beaten the living hell out of The Game!”

Jerry Lawler “Test is gonna pay for this JR! Test is gonna pay!”

Jim Ross “Good God! See you Thursday!"

Edited by Visionary

Awesome show after the Rumble. I'm liking the way you're handling Test, I'm wondering what you'll do with him next? Maybe he'll fight HHH at No Way Out? I don't know about the Hardy Boyz splitting up, Jeff isn't really charismatic to make a good heel without a manager or something. Angle was great with Triple H, But I'm hoping Triple H stays heel and finishes his stuff with Austin. Undertaker/Kane is going interesting. I'm just hoping they don't split up and fight each other at Wrestlemania. Also, Looking forward to seeing what you do with Show, Shamrock and Billy now that he's in the RTC. Surprised to see no Jericho, Raven or Regal, But hopefully they'll be on Smackdown.

Keep it up (Y)

IPB Image

WWF Smackdown Preview

January 25th 2001

Civic Center – Mobile, Alabama

Smackdown comes from the Civic Center this Thursday and what a show we have in store!

Triple H and Kurt Angle will go one on one to determine the number one contender to Steve Austin’s WWF Title at No Way Out! In what should be a classic wrestling match, who will come out victorious?

Speaking of Austin, tensions between the Rattlesnake and The Rock reached boiling point Monday night and both men almost came to blows. With both men in the building this Thursday will they be able to keep their mind on their opponents as Austin takes on Rikishi and Rock takes on The Big Show?

There was also tension at the end of the match between The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz this past Monday as Matt scored the pinfall, tagging himself in after his brother hit the winning move! Will the brothers be able to sort things about before they face tag team champions Edge and Christian?

RTC and their new member “Good Boy” Billy will also be in the house along with Y2J Chris Jericho and Raven making their first appearance since the Rumble and we believe Jericho has a challenge to issue to Raven! With all this and William Regal defending his European Title against Al Snow, you can’t afford to miss Smackdown this week!

Confirmed Matches

Kurt Angle Vs Triple H

The Big Show Vs The Rock

Rikishi Vs Steve Austin

Edge & Christian Vs The Hardy Boyz

European Title: Al Snow Vs William Regal ©

IPB Image

WWF Smackdown

January 25th 2001

Civic Center (6,213) – Mobile, Alabama

IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! The crowd erupt as The Rock kicks off Smackdown! Rock comes out to a huge ovation and does his customary pose, smelling the electric atmosphere before grabbing a mic and waiting for the fans to quieten down.

The RockFINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO ALA-BAMA!

The crowd go wild and Rock waits for them to quieten down again.

The Rock “Tonight Triple H and Kurt Angle go one on one in a match that will determine the number one contender at No Way Out! At No Way Out “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will defend his title against either an Olympic gold medallist or a cerebral assassin! Now The Rock has come out here for one reason and one reason only Austin, to wish you good luck!”

Rock pauses, as the crowd look somewhat surprised by his remark.

The Rock “You see Austin, no matter what happens tonight or what happens at No Way Out, The Rock will be in the main event of WrestleMania. It doesn’t matter if you’re the WWF champion! It doesn’t matter if Kurt Angle the WWF champion! It doesn’t matter if Triple H is the WWF Champion! Hell, it doesn’t matter if our new president himself is the WWF Champion, because come WrestleMania, The Rock will be standing opposite whoever it is and they will suffer one fate! Being booked into the Smackdown Hotel in Know Your Role Boulevard in Jabroni Drive! The Rock……………………………………”

GLASS SHATTERS! The crowd go nuts as our WWF Champion Steve Austin comes down to interrupt The Great One. Austin hits all four corners before getting a microphone of his own. The Alabaman crowd are hot!

Steve Austin “So you’re saying you came out here to wish me luck? Well I was listening from the back and I didn’t hear that, all I heard was some jumped up measly bastard running his damn mouth!”

The crowd cheer as Rock starts to get agitated.

Steve Austin “But since ya so keen on kicking my ass why don’t you shut ya mouth and try, right here, right now?”

Austin starts to take his jacket off and throws down the microphone and Rock is ready too. The crowd is hot but soon Rikishi’s music interrupts and he comes down to the ring. Austin and Rock ready for his arrival but before he enters, WELLLLLLLLLL, IT’S THE BIG SHOW! The 500-pound behemoth is the backup and both men come to the ring. Rock and Austin work together and they superior speed sees their adversaries off. Show and Rikishi retreat to the back and Austin and Rock continue their uneasy peace.

Michael Cole “Rock and Austin working together as a team, but it’s defiantly not out of choice.”

Jerry Lawler “There’s no love loss between these two Cole.”

Commercial Break

WWF European Championship

Al Snow Vs William Regal ©

A real bore of a match. Regal started the aggressor with some technical moves but Al soon came back with a clothesline. Al ducks his head too soon, neckbreaker! Regal locks in the Regal Stretch and Al taps out. Poor match and a dead crowd.

Winner: William Regal

Commercial Break

We come back from the break and the Hardy Boyz are still arguing about last week, Lita doesn’t look impressed. They still get a nice pop though.

Jeff Hardy “What the hell was you doing last week Matt?”

Matt Hardy “I’ve been telling you all week, you looked hurt and we needed the win!”

Jeff Hardy “No! You stole the spotlight Matt, just like when you won the Intercontinental Title! You had to go off on your own and prove you were better than me, you’re nothing but a selfish piece of crap Matt!”

Matt Hardy “Oh! I get it; this is what it’s all about. It’s because you’re jealous!”

Jeff Hardy “What? No it’s not!”

Matt Hardy “Yes it is! You can’t stand that I’ve gone and off and done something by myself and for once I’m the one everyone is talking about. I’m the one people are interested in and not you!”

Jeff Hardy “That’s bull crap Matt and you know it!”

Lita “Will you two just shut up!”

Both brothers look somewhat taken aback as the crowd cheer.

Lita “Look you’re both talking crap! Now what you two have to concentrate on is Edge and Christian and making sure you get your title shot at No Way Out!”

There’s a silence before we switch to the Right To Censor locker room. Billy is warming up for his match, as Richards’s address’s him.

Steven Richards “You did us proud last week Billy. You beat that punk Road Dogg, soon you’ll be clean just like the rest of us.”

Billy stops warming up.

Billy “I’ll never be like you jackass’s! I will never believe what you believe in and I will never respect you, so why don’t you just shut up and let me do what I do best, win matches.”

Steven Richards “Oh, don’t worry we have a new opponent for you this week and it’s another person from your past. We want you to make sure it’s an unhappy return for that punk, X Pac!”

Billy looks a bit dazed as we go ringside.

Michael Cole “Oh my God, Billy Gunn and X Pac next!”

Jerry Lawler “I didn’t even know he was back Cole!”

Billy Vs X Pac

X Pac and Billy tie up and Pac’s superior speed sees him take early control off the match. Pac has Billy set in the corner but Billy moves and Pac has a painful encounter with the turnbuckle. Billy slows the pace down and keeps control of the match with some nice looking moves, Pac whipped off the ropes, Spin kick connects! Both men struggle up and nails an athletic back suplex to take control once more. Pac comes off the ropes but Billy hangs him up with a Hot Shot on the top rope! Censor Drop! Billy covers and gets the three!

Winner: Billy Gunn

Commercial Break

We come back to Triple H and Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley who seem to have reconciled and are chilling out in their lounge.

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “Are you ready for tonight Hunter? Can I do anything to make sure things go according to plan?”

Triple H “I need to know that I don’t have to look over my shoulder while fighting Angle. I need you to sort out this Test situation and make sure he doesn’t cost me my title shot.”

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley “I’ve already sorted it, if Test lays a hand on you tonight then by orders of my father, he’ll be fired!"

Triple H sports a cocky smile.

Triple H “That’s why I married you Steph, you know how to get things done!”

The devils couple smile.

Jerry Lawler “Triple H is a lucky man!”

Michael Cole “You’re right King, marrying the boss daughter doesn’t come without it’s advantages.”

Edge & Christian Vs The Hardy Boyz w Lita

The Hardy get a big pop and our tag champions get big heat too. Matt and Edge start us off and some fast paced back and forth action finally sees Matt tag in Jeff as the Hardyz isolate Edge. Edge reverses a whip and Jeff comes off the ropes, dropkick! Edge regains control and makes the tag. Christian and Edge now double team Jeff and keep him isolated with the usual heel tactics. Edge is on the top rope, but he misses the missile dropkick! Jeff ducked! Jeff is crawling to his corner but Christian comes across to knock Matt off the apron! Jeff makes it to his corner but there’s no one to tag! Edge makes the tag and Christian drags Jeff to the middle again but gets hit with an Enziguiri! Now Matt has referee Mike Chioda distracted and Edge comes in illegally as both Edge and Christian hit a double dropkick to Jeff. Christian leaves the ring as Chioda returns to the action and Edge is in the corner waiting for the Spear! Edge comes off the ropes, but Jeff dodges and throws Edge into Matt on the apron! Christian sneaks in and is hit with a clothesline to the outside and Jeff then nails Edge with a spin kick! Jeff is on the top, Swanton Bomb! Jeff covers and Chioda counts the three. Jeff exits to the back while Lita tends to Matt on the outside. Great tag team action!

Winners: The Hardy Boyz

Commercial Break

IT’S THE YEAR OF JERICHO! The crowd erupt as Y2J appears from the back in his usual way and cockily makes his way down to ringside. The crowd quieten down before Y2J speaks.

Chris Jericho “WELCOME TO THE YEAR OF JERICHOOOOOOOOOOO!”

The crowd erupt as Y2J pauses.

Chris Jericho “We’ve just come off the back of a huge Royal Rumble but quite frankly I’m a little disappointed with how things went. You see everything was going great, I came in quite late and I was kicking some serious ass, *The crowd cheer* yeh, things were going great but then that pyromaniac Kane and his Hell’s Angels wannabe brother threw me out. I mean lets face it they may not be the Mario Brothers but they’ll still damn unstoppable together!”

Jericho pauses.

Chris Jericho “But still this is the year of Jericho and Y2J has always been the kinda guy who likes to look forward, not backward so I’ve come out here to issue a challenge. I’m challenging you Lameven! To a match for that Hardcore Title! You see I’m sick off seeing your crypt keeper ass walking around with that title and I want it to give it a good home! So if you drag yourself away from the little children you keep in you basement, why don’t you gets your ass out here and settle this!”

Jericho waits for a response but gets nothing.

Chris Jericho “Come on Lameven! I know you usually communicate in crows but I know you can hear me back there!”

Finally the titantron flashes up of Raven in the lobby. Raven just shakes his head and mouths “no”. Suddenly though Crash Holly comes from behind and attacks Raven! He throws him through a glass window and makes a cover while referee Jack Doan counts the three! Crash Holly is the new Hardcore Champion and he isn’t hanging around to celebrate! Jericho is left laughing in the ring!

Chris Jericho “You see Raven I second guessed ya this time! I knew you wouldn’t have the balls to come out here and face Y2J face to face so like the mastermind I am I set up this little event. You see Raven; I’m not just a sexy beast! I’m also someone you don’t **** with!”

The crowd give a loud cheer and Jericho makes his way to the back as we hit a break.

Commercial Break

Rikishi Vs Steve Austin

Austin gets a big pop and starts off the aggressor with the quicker brawling skills. Austin keeps Kish on the ropes until the Big Man comes back with a knee to the gut. Kish controls the pace now, Austin reverses off the ropes, Lou Thresh Press! Austin with those pistons to Rikishi! Austin with the whip to the corner and mudhole stomps. Austin finally finishes Rikishi off with the Stunner before hitting all four buckles and having himself a beer celebration.

Winner: Steve Austin

Commercial Break

As Smackdown comes back from the break, Lillan Garcia is standing by with The Undertaker.

Lillan Garcia “Undertaker, recently you see to be taking an almost mentor role with your brother Kane and the question of everyone’s lips is why?”

The Undertaker “At the Royal Rumble, my brother showed his true potential. He eliminated no less than 12 other men. He was in that ring for over 60 minutes and not one of the 29 superstars could keep him down. You see my brother despite all his failings is a monster. He is a one man wrecking machine and it’s about time that the locker room felt the full fury of his anger. We’re taking back our yard.”

Michael Cole “Undertaker sending out a powerful message to the locker room King.”

Jerry Lawler “Yeh, I’m just glad I’m not on the active wrestling roster!”

Big Show Vs The Rock

Rock’s quickness sees him take an early advantage but Rock cannot take the 500 pounder down. Rock even goes to the top but Show catches him like a small child. Show uses his awesome size to really punish Rocky here. Rock is thrown to the corner and Show almost stops his heart with a huge slap to the chest! Show throws Rock off the ropes and catches him by the throat. Rock escapes though and hits the Rock Bottom! Rock covers and takes the win!

Commercial Break

We come back to Smackdown and Kurt Angle is walking towards the ring entrance when he passes a fleeting Edge and Christian.

Kurt Angle “Where are you guys going?”

Edge “We’re leaving, we can’t stand the smell in Mobile anymore.”

The crowd boo, as Kurt looks shocked.

Kurt Angle “But guys my match against Triple H is next! I need you both here!”

Christian “You’ve got to be kidding?”

Kurt Angle “What? Why?”

Edge “Do you really think we’re gonna go against the bosses son in law? Do you think we’re crazy?”

Kurt Angle “But……………”

Christian “Hey don’t worry Kurt, you don’t need us. You’re an Olympic gold medallist and former WWF Champion!”

Christian slaps Kurt on the back before leaving a worried looking Olympic Hero.

Kurt Angle Vs Triple H

Angle and Hunter lock up and Triple H wench’s the arm of Angle and works it over. Hunter gets thrown off the ropes and Kurt comes back with a hiptoss and follows up with some well-placed stomps. Action switches back and forth until Hunter has the legs of Angle on the outside and looks to drive him into the ringpost. Kurt pulls his legs up and Hunter hits the steel! Kurt now keeps control with high intensity brawling and even manages a near fall with a trifecta of German Suplexs. Angle whips The Game but Triple H comes back with a face buster and a running knee. Triple H tries to hook up the Pedigree but Kurt counters into a catapult. Kurt charges at the corner but Hunter gets his boot up before whipping Kurt off the ropes, both men have the same idea though and double clothesline! Triple H rolls to the outside. Test! Test is here! He comes running down to the ring and King reminds us all that he’s fired if he lays a hand on Triple H tonight! Test enters the ring and nails Angle with the Big Boot! Earl Hebner is forced to call for the bell and Angle wins the match! Test leaves the ring looking pleased with himself but Triple H is still unaware on the outside. Triple H finally comes round and see’s an unconscious Kurt Angle’s hand being raised on the floor by Earl Hebner. PEDIGREE! Hebner feels the Pedigree! Triple H is going berserk as Smackdown goes off the air!

Winner: Kurt Angle

Michael Cole “Test just cost The Game a chance at the WWF Championship!”

Jerry Lawler “Oh no! This is terrible! This isn’t right Cole!”

Michael Cole “I’m Michael Cole alongside Jerry “The King” Lawler, goodnight!”

Edited by Visionary

Great Smackdown. I read it yesterday but was too lazy to leave feedback. Anyways, Test/Triple H is going very well. I thought you did a great job of teasing a Triple H win since E and C didn't go to help out Angle, And since Test would get fired if he attacked Triple H. I'm liking the Test push. And hopefully Triple H won't destroy him when their match comes. I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen with Test and the McMahons, Especially since he and Shane were friends in storylines at the time. If Shane returns anytime soon, Will he side with Test or with his family? This has big potential. Austin and The Rock getting into a confrontation is good stuff, I just hope you do keep it them against each other at Wrestlemania. I don't see Angle getting the title since Angle/Rock had been done to death by the WWF. Glad to see X-Pac back, But sucks he lost to Billy in his big return. I'm waiting to see what will end up happening with Billy and the RTC. As for the Hardy Boyz, I never really cared for them at the time, And I thought they'd never get past being a tag team. I hope you play off the Jeff Hardy turn and don't do it too early. Though, I'd hate to hear Jeff Hardy explaining to his beloved 14 year old girls fanbase as to why he turned on Matt. I'm also looking forward to seeing what will happen with guys like Show and Rikishi. Great Smackdown, Looking forward to Raw (Y)

IPB Image

eWrestlingNews

Macho Man Snubs WrestleMania For ECW!

“Macho Man” Randy Savage is the latest huge name to join the ECW Revolution much to the shock and dismay of Vince McMahon. Savage was contacted about a possible WrestleMania appearance and it is believed he was to work a match against old enemy Hulk Hogan, however Savage snubbed McMahon’s offer for a written contract with ECW! New plans will have to be made for Hogan and some sources are claiming a program with Shawn Michaels is on the cards but it is unknown if HBK is medically cleared to wrestle at this point in time.

Sid Vicious Returns

Sid Vicious is set for his WCW comeback following a brief leave of absence with a shoulder injury.

Edited by Visionary

IPB Image

WWF Sunday Night Heat

January 28th 2001

Cajundome (3,311) – Lafayette, Los Angelus

Jeff Hardy defeated Tazz

Chyna defeated Ivory to retain the Women’s Title

Billy defeated Albert

IPB Image

WWF Raw Preview

January 29th 2001

Mellon Arena – Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Raw comes to you live from the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh and what a night it’s going to be!

In huge six-man tag action, The Hardy Boyz will team up with Steve Austin to take on Pittsburgh’s own Kurt Angle and his partners Edge and Christian! With the WWF Tag Team Champions, Intercontinental Champion and WWF Champion all in one ring at the same time, this should prove to be an explosive main event!

We will also be hearing from Test following his recent actions as good old JR interviews him in the middle of the ring! Why has Test been going after The Game recently and where will it end?

Undertaker has recently been trying to evoke the monster in Kane and tonight he teams up with his brother when they take on Right To Censors own Bull Buchanan and Goodfather. Can the RTC members stop the Brothers Of Destruction?

Chris Jericho and Dean Malenko will also go one on one and both Big Show and Ken Shamrock will be in action in what will be an amazing night, live from the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh!

Confirmed Matches

Edge, Christian & Kurt Angle Vs Steve Austin & The Hardy Boyz

Right To Censor (Bull Buchanan & Goodfather) Vs The Brothers Of Destruction

Chris Jericho Vs Dean Malenko