ECW 2K5

Glabine

With Punk / Danielson gaining overness, there matches will just become better.

You've announced 3 solids matchs for Barely Legal, which going to be a first BIG Pay Per View.

I can't wait to see how you're going to sell that thing with A.J. Styles wrestle while being "injured".

Nice diary so far. :D

user posted image

A.J. Styles' condition.

- The Phenomenal One wasn't hurt more on the last edition of Slam. He will definetively be at Hardcore TV and at Barely Legal to fight his nemesis Christopher Daniels. When asked about his presence on Hardcore TV, he answered : '' You'll see when the card will be up. ''.

Bryan Danielson vs CM Punk feud.

- The company is said to be very high on this feud after the great match the two had. The crowd seemed to enjoy the match and now that the feud is becoming even bigger, don't be surprised to see one or the two in the next main-events for ECW in the future.

Taz's Suplex Challenge.

- Expect for the Human Suplex Machine Taz to have a part in the next shows of the ECW. It's not known where it will start, but it will be a challenge to hold more than 5 minutes with Taz. It may start after Barely Legal but could start as soon as on the next Hardcore TV !

Card for Barely Legal.

user posted image

user posted image

Heavyweight Championship

Fans Bring The Weapons Match

Champion : Tommy Dreamer versus Challenger : Raven

user posted image

Single Match

A.J. Styles versus Christopher Daniels

Television Championship

Single Match

Champion : Bryan Danielson versus Challenger : CM Punk

Card subject to changes

user posted image

Hardcore TV Card.

Main-Event

Friend facing enemy

'' The Whole Fucking Show '' Rob Van Dam w/ Bill Alfonso & Sabu versus '' Hardcore Legend '' Terry Funk w/ Cactus Jack

5th match

Special Guest Referee : A.J. Styles

'' The Fallen Angel '' Christopher Daniels versus Jerry Lynn

4th match

Taz's Suplex challenge

'' The Human Suplex Machine '' Taz versus '' Snow Man '' Al Snow

3rd match

Tag Team Tourney - Semi-Finals

The Dudley Boyz w/ Sign Guy Dudley versus Rhyno & Tajiri

2nd match

3 versus 3

Sabu & The Backseat Boys w/ Bill Alfonso & RVD versus ''Hardcore Legend'' Cactus Jack, Nunzio & James Gibson w/ Terry Funk

1st match

ECW Television Championship

Champion : Bryan Danielson versus Challenger : Low Ki

Also on the show : bWo, Paul Heyman, Vince Russo and the two main-eventers for Barely Legal : Raven and the Heavyweight Champion Tommy Dreamer !

user posted image

Saturday, August 13rd 2005

Joey Styles : With only 8 days before Barely Legal, ECW brings you another edition of ECW Hardcore TV ! Hello everyone, my name is Joey Styles and alongside of myself is Cyrus The Virus !

Cyrus The Virus : Hey Joey, great to be here ! Tonight, 6 matches are scheduled plus the appereance from many wrestlers and the two authorities of this federation. Let's start now with the ECW Television Championship Match !

------------------------------------------------------------------

Bryan Danielson © versus Low Ki

ECW Television Champion

Another great match from The American Dragon against the young Low Ki who makes his debut tonight. Danielson wins the match with the Cattle Mutilation. After the match, CM Punk runs in the ring and hits the Pepsi Plunge on Danielson to prepare him for Barely Legal.

Winner by submission : Bryan Danielson

Overall Rating : 81 %

Crowd Reaction : 66 %

Match Quality : 97 %

Bryan Danielson gained overness from the match. Low Ki gained overness from the match. The ECW Television Title gained in image.

Sabu & The Backseat Boys versus Cactus Jack & Nunzio & James Gibson

3 versus 3

Good match with a lot of action. A good mix of both high-flying and brutal wrestling with Johnny Kashmere getting the win on Cactus Jack after Alfonso distracted the referee and RVD hitted the Five Star Frog Splash on Jack.

Winners by pinfall : Sabu & The Backseat Boys

Overall Rating : 75 %

Crowd Reaction : 70 %

Match Quality : 81 %

---------------------- Yahoo Commercial Break ----------------------

The Dudley Boyz versus Rhyno & Tajiri

Tag Team Tourney - Semi-Finals

4 of ECW former stars battle it out in this match that saw D'Von getting the pinfall after the 3-D on the table on Tajiri. During the match, The bWo tried to interfere but were stopped by Sign Guy Dudley who received a Stevie Kick from Steven Richards. The bWo and the Dudley Boyz brawled a bit before referees sent the bWo backstage.

Winners by pinfall : The Dudley Boyz

Overall Rating : 85 %

Crowd Reaction : 76 %

Match Quality : 94 %

Paul Heyman : What ? You're not happy is that it ?

Vince Russo : One match per pay-per-view isn't enough Heyman ! I was supposed to be the commisionner of the federation godammit !

Paul Heyman : And you are. But not full-time !

Vince Russo : What are you talking about..

Paul Heyman : For now, it will be one match per pay-per-view and that's final.

Vince Russo : You will hear about me Heyman.. That's for sure !

[ Russo gets out of Heyman's office. ]

Paul Heyman : Let's hope for you that you won't be alone hahaha !

Overall Rating : 87 %

Vince Russo gained overness from this segment.

---------------------- Acclaim Commercial Break ----------------------

Taz versus Al Snow

Human Suplex Machine Challenge

When Taz asked for someone, the only one who answered the challenge was Al Snow. In the match, Snow lost control of the bout because he stopped to talk with Head.. Funny stuff, huh.. Taz put Snow in the Tazmission and the match finished at 4:02. Less than 1 minute before the 5 minutes.. As of now, no one even asked Taz what he was going to win if he beats him in less than 5 minutes.

Winner by submission : Taz

Overall Rating : 82 %

Crowd Reaction : 80 %

Match Quality : 85 %

Christopher Daniels versus Jerry Lynn

Special Guest Referee : A.J. Styles

Best match ever and probably one of the greatest in-ring match of all-time between those two. But the history is another thing as the feud between Styles and Daniels continued to rage on in this match. Daniels controlled the match, but in the end, Styles walked properly ( without any sign of his knee injury ) and gave Daniels a Styles Clash. Jerry Lynn won the match by a quick count by Styles. It was a set-up by Styles and Daniels played his game !

Winner by pinfall : Jerry Lynn

Overall Rating : 86 %

Crowd Reaction : 73 %

Match Quality : 100 %

Jerry Lynn gained overness from this match.

---------------------- Budweiser Commercial Break ----------------------

[ Tommy Dreamer is talking with some staff members backstage. He is showing his ECW Heavyweight Title but from behind, Raven attacks him with a garbage can. ]

Raven : This is my weapon.. And THIS ( pointing the title ) will be MY BELT ! Hahaha ! Quote the Raven : NEVERMORE !

[ Raven exits the arena and the staff members help Tommy Dreamer to his feet. ]

Raven gained overness from this segment. Tommy Dreamer gained overness from this segment.

Overall Rating : 91 %

Rob Van Dam w/ Sabu & Bill Alfonso versus Terry Funk w/ Cactus Jack

Friend versus Enemy

**¾ match with Terry Funk picking up the victory following a chairshot to Van Dam's head by Cactus Jack. At the end of the match, Jack and Sabu brawls until RVD and Funk got back on their feet and it was a tag team battle.

Winner by pinfall : Terry Funk

Overall Rating : 77 %

Crowd Reaction : 80 %

Match Quality : 72 %

------------------------------------------------------------------ END OF THE SHOW ------------------------------------------------------------------

Show Overall Rating : 82 %

Hardcore TV Rating : 4.58

HARDCORE TV RECAP

- Bryan Danielson defends his TV title against Low Ki.

- The Backseat Boys won another match against Nunzio & James Gibson.

- The Dudley Boyz won their semi-final match with a botched interference by the bWo.

- Vince Russo isn't happy with his position in the ECW.

- Al Snow fails the first edition of the Taz's Human Suplex Challenge.

- The injury of A.J. Styles was nothing more than a fake !

- Raven attacks Tommy Dreamer backstage.

- The feud between Rob Van Dam & Cactus Jack continues to rage on !

user posted image

ECW's war with the NWA:TNA.

- He is the weekly report from Sophie, ECW's coordinator : We have superior star power on our roster, which is hurting their image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them.

ECW's Hardcore TV Ratings.

- ECW Hardcore TV completely DESTROYED NWA:TNA Xplosion in the ratings war. Hardcore TV also beated WWE Velocity ! These are FANTASTIC news for the ECW and for the staff of Hardcore TV.

ECW + Steve Corino = no more ?

- ECW superstar Steve Corino is on the verge of leaving after putting himself in rehab. What will happen with this Canadian Star in the wrestler world ? ECWnewsonline.com doesn't know much about Corino's future with ECW but it's sure that this is not the best thing that could've happen to him. He was scheduled to start a new Network with Cyrus The Virus and Second City Saints following his run-in attack after their match at the first Slam. It sucks for Colt Cabana who would have had a great push with this stable and now that CM Punk is in a singles feud, what will happen with him ?

ECW's new wrestlers !

- ECW has signed 5 wrestlers to development deals. ECW stole The Thrillseekers ( Johnny Jeter and Matt Cappotelli ) from the WWE ! Also, the ECW stole former ROH Champion Austin Aries. ECW has high hopes for him but he needs to learn who to work ECW Style ! And lasts but not the leasts, The HWA Icons ( Cody Hawk & Matt Stryker ) were both signed to written contracts before the WWE did it. The publicity about Stryker and his teaching story interested the WWE but ECW was faster and signed his partner and him !

user posted image

August 16th Slam Card

Main Event

Tag Team Match

Raven & Rob Van Dam versus Tommy Dreamer © & Cactus Jack

4th match

Tag Team Match

Christopher Daniels & Low Ki versus A.J. Styles & Jerry Lynn

3rd match

Taz's Human Suplex Challenge

Taz versus Teddy Hart

2nd match

Tag Team Titles - Tag Team Tourney FINALS

The Dudley Boyz w/ Sign Guy Dudley versus Nunzio & James Gibson

1st match

Television Championship

Champion : Bryan Danielson versus Challenger : Colt Cabana

Plus, appereances by the bWo, The Backseat Boys and CM Punk ! Paul Heyman will also be in the house to add more matches to the Barely Legal Card.

Thanks for your comments Kittler they are always appreciated.

As for the others, I always see people reading but no one's replying. It takes only 10 seconds to give your thoughts, so please, do it ! :crying:

Edited by Glabine

Okay, since you're begging for feedback...

How exactly did Paul Heyman get Tazz, Rhyno, Rob Van Dam and The Dudley Boyz out of their lucrative WWE contracts?

Why would Paul Heyman hire Vince Russo to work for ECW? They're practically polar opposites. If an ECW crowd knew that Russo was working behind the scenes, they'd shit all over it. Even with Heyman's on-screen "FUCK YOU!" to Russo, that means nothing, he's still working there.

Why would Tazz step back into the ring full-time? He's retired for a good reason.

I'll forgive you for giving away a potential money match on your first show with Sabu vs. Sandman, as for your first show I guess you need a big match, but you stuck it in the opening, meaning that the fans would more than likely be burned out by the end of the match and not care about anything after it. Not only that but you made it a barbed wire ropes match, which is impractical for so many reasons. For starters, you would never see that kind of match on free TV, it's too high-risk and violeny. Secondly, in a Barbed Wire Ropes Match (as opposed to just a Barbed Wire Match), the ropes are replaced with barbed wire, meaning that after this match you would have a lengthy break whilst ring crew removed the barbed wire and put the ropes back, and presumably vice versa beforehand, as I doubt Heyman would be stood in a barbed wire roped ring to give his "shock" announcement of this match. Thirdly, why would you give them a Barbed Wire Match out of the blue? This kind of match is supposed to show supreme hatred between people, but there's none of that here. It's just one match, yet it warrants such an extreme gimmick? There's a reason we don't see random midcard WWE matches inside Hell In A Cell, and there's a reason you wouldn't see this match either.

Why would "Nunzio" wrestle under that name in ECW? He's much better known to ECW fans as Little Guido, as Nunzio is probably a WWE trademarked name anyway.

You had Ken Shamrock squash Syxx-Pac, but why? Putting over Shamrock is one thing, but Syxx-Pac is a known commodity himself, and you could probably get a good run out of him, so why waste it by squashing him?

Cactus Jack and Terry Funk just wouldn't wrestle a full schedule, yet you have them working matches every show, it's illogical.

None of your promos really stand out, other than catchphrases thrown in at random, they're completely interchangeable. The same goes for your Cyrus, Joey Styles and Joel Gertner. And I winced reading your attempts at Raven's promos. You can't just write a generic "I'm going to kick your ass" promo and stick "Quote the Raven...Nevermore!" on the end and expect it hold up, because Raven's so much more than that. He's an intelligent, articulate individual, and you made him sound like a clueless moron.

Basically your main problem comes from not being familiar with the concept of ECW. You seem to me like you've just watched One Night Stand and The Rise And Fall and think you've pieced together what the company was all about, but you've missed the point almost completely. Another problem is simply illogical booking. Every show you're giving away big money matches, like the aforementioned Sabu/Sandman barbed wire match, like RVD & Sabu vs. Foley & Funk, that kind of thing. When you're giving away those kind of matches on free TV, what incentive do people have to order your PPVs?

Another problem is, as I said before, your promos.

And, well, there's your feedback.

First off, I would like to thank you for your constructive opinions.

You're right, I only watched 5 shows of ECW ( including ECW ONS and R&F ).

In my opinion, RVD, Tazz, The Dudley Boyz etc.. are all loyal to Heyman. If ECW would be back with money, they would return to ECW. They hate Vince McMahon for doing what he did but they need to work.

As I said in my backstory, Vince Russo was hired because of the guys he took out from TNA and ROH. But I guess that wasn't a smart booking choice, huh.

I wanted to give ECW fans a taste of what was coming with the ECW after our first month. So, I gave them 2 of the biggest stars in the most brutal match I could take. It's a money match, but I though I had to gave something big at first ! I'll have other good matches in other shows.

As far as Nunzio is concerned, I forgot to change his name : another mistake. duh.

Yeah, Syxx-Pac is a good wrestler but I have so much better workers like him who could get the job done better than him. But, I needed heavyweights. I could have open contracts with some jobbers but as that time, Syxx-Pac was the guy I wanted for a squash match.

For the promos, I'll try to have better promos. I can't promess that thought since I don't know much of the ECW characters and that I am not 100 % bilingual ( I'm coming from Québec ). Writing promos is tough but I'll try.

Again, thanks for the comments , I appreciate it more than Kittler's comments. :P

Edited by Glabine

I'll be honest.

I love the graphics. Thats some top notch shit.

I love the booking, and I can't wait for Dreamer vs Raven.

However, I'm not too keen on the short match descriptions. You seem fairly new to EWB, but you probably know that match descriptions are hit or miss. People either complain about too short or too long, but in your case, way too short. Take the battle royal for example, you didn't give us the whole match, just the final four. And Tanaka vs Raven vs Rhyno ... a three line match? Sorry, but I'm really not into anything that short. A good rule of thumb is to try for at least 10 well-written sentences per match. To me, that seems not too long, not too short.

But nonetheless, as I said, I am enjoying the booking, so I'll keep an eye on this to see how the storylines progress, as well as your writing.

• 1 year later...