(TEW) Can the WWF withstand THE ORACLE?!? (PT. 2)

naiwf

SMACKDOWN - MARCH 6, 2003

This Thursday night's SmackDown! will be out first show ever in Puerto Rico. It seems that the WWF is pulling out all the stops for its first foray into the "51st State" as WWF Champion Lance Storm & Kurt Angle are scheduled to appear, although they will not be involved in a wrestling capacity.

Thus far only three matches have been signed, but one of them is still up in the air as The Rock is supposed to meet the ever dangerous Sean O'Haire in a KINGS tournament match. As we all know, The Rock was seriously injured at NO WAY OUT by the combination of Chris Jericho & Christian, and has been advised by his personal doctors to take it easy until WM XIX in 3 1/2 weeks. 'The People's Champ' is wildly competitive and we have been told that he plans to wrestle on Thursday night, but one has to wonder if taking on O'Haire in a weakened state is a good idea. O'Haire realizes that an opportunity to beat someone of The Rock's status doesn't come around very often and has been telling everyone who will listen that he fully plans to do just that! Will The Rock be able to withstand the hungry youngster, or will Sean O'Haire move that much closer to claiming the tournament title?

The QUEENS tournament also continues to roll on with two incredibly talented first year WWF superstars set to meet as Erica Porter & Phoenix do battle for the first time. These two are possibly the strongest women on the roster as Phoenix was a powerlifter in high school, and Porter's muscular physique is unmistakable. In addition to their raw strength, each lady is a talented mat worker, and it is quite possible that either of these two could very well be a dark horse to win the whole tournament. In order to do that though, they must survive what promises to be a difficult test on SmackDown!

The Main Event is also a KINGS tournament match, and features two of the most powerfully put together athletes in the company going one on one, as former 2x Hardcore Champion, Prototype will try to defeat another former OVW star in 'The Next Big Thing' Brock Lesnar! Many observers feel that these two represent the future of not only this company, but possibly the entire wrestling industry as a whole. Both men NEED to make the finals of this tournament if they have aspirations of appearing on their first WrestleMania card, so expect to see each man give 110% as they hope to make it to the next round, where they would take on Cruiserweight Champion, AJ Styles who will pose an entirely different challenge.

Lastly, WWF Owner Stephanie McMahon has also promised a "shocking surprise" for one man on the roster, although she has remained surprisingly tight lipped as to what it is, or who will be involved. The only way to find out what the announcement will be is to tune in this Thursday night at 8 PM on UPN! (Also available in SAP for our Spanish speaking audience)

OOC: I got a little tied up, so I decided I'd post one of my favorite events ever, I hope you enjoy it. I expect to get the next TV show up within the next day or day and a half.

NO MERCY 2002: THE FIRE BURNS WITHIN - 10/27/02

Tonight's PPV extravaganza began with a video clip package to the sounds of "Fine Again" by Seether.

It seems like every day's the same

and I'm left to discover on my own

*A clip of Rob Van Dam's reaction to Miss Hancock's injury on RAW this past Monday*

It seems like everything is gray

and there's no color to behold

They say it's over and I'm fine again, yeah

Try to stay sober feels like I'm dying here

*A shot of Austin's face after his bitter loss to Shawn Michaels at UNFORGIVEN, where it appeared his career was over*

And I am aware now of how

everything's gonna be fine one day

Too late, I'm in hell I am prepared now,

seems everyone's gonna be fine

One day too late, just as well

*Footage of Los Guerreros constantly being one step ahead of The Hardy Boyz, Victoria ripping out Lita's hair and Edge and Benoit inflicting "Canadian Violence" on past foes and each other*

I feel the dream in me expire

and there's no one left to blame it on

*We see the maniacal look in Raven's eyes when he first tried to set The Undertaker on fire*

I hear you label me a liar

'cause I can't seem to get this through

You say it's over, I can sigh again, yeah

Why try to stay sober when I'm dying here

*Shots of the Undertaker taking a tire iron to Raven's knees and his eerie graveyard interview*

And I am aware now of how

Too late, I'm in hell

I am prepared now,

One day too late; just as well

*The Rock in action, winning and then defending the WWF Undisputed Title in his trademark cocky fashion*

And I'm not scared now.

I must assure you,

you're never gonna get away

And I'm not scared now.

And I'm not scared now. No.

*Jericho's face as he cowers in fear when informed he will have to referee the Inferno match*

I am aware now of how

Too late, I'm in hell

I am prepared now

One day too late, just as well

I am prepared now,

seems everything's gonna be fine for me

For me; for myself.

For me, for me, for myself

For me, for me, for myself

*Lance Storm winning the IC title and waving the Canadian flag as he proclaims himself the best wrestler in the world today*

0 - DIVAS CLASH IN PRE SHOW HEAT

Every match on tonight's card had either personal issues or title implications involved, and the opener had a bit of both. WWF Women's Champion Victoria's initiation into The Oracular Cult had her tear out a patch of Lita's flaming red hair, which she mockingly wore in a clear amulet around her neck tonight! Victoria got huge heat from the fans as she looked to extend her title reign which began back on September 5th by defeating Trish Stratus. Lita on the other hand wanted to make Victoria pay for her assault many weeks ago AND take the title from the demented champion.

The match itself was what one would expect from these two as Victoria tried to keep the high flying Lita grounded and use her size and power advantage, while Lita basically bided her time trying to hit a big move or two. In the early going it was all Victoria as she actually threw legitimate punches, chops and kicks, while Lita seemed unsure of herself in those toe to toe situations. After about six minutes of laying into a defensive minded Lita, Victoria began to tire and that's when Lita caught her off guard with a few leg scissors takedowns and a huge 'rana off of the top which nearly earned her the win and the title. Lita was able to control the next portion of the match and caught Victoria with a well executed Twist of Fate, her boyfriend's signature move, before letting everyone know she was going up top for her MOONSAULT.

Lita reached the top rope, checked her balance and leapt backwards in a perfect arc. . . only to have her abdomen meet both of Victoria's knees! An audible gasp was heard as the air quickly left Lita's lungs. Victoria then picked the challenger up and compounded her lack of oxygen by driving her into the mat with a big running powerslam, but that wasn't quite enough as Lita barely lifted her left shoulder off of the mat. After just over 10 minutes of action, Victoria was starting to seriously tire, but she had just enough strength to pick Lita up and jar her spine and neck with the most lethal finisher employed by any of the divas, the dreaded WIDOW'S PEAK. Victoria hooked the leg and was finally able to secure the victory, after a hard fought match. Oddly enough, Lita looked as thought she could have continued wrestling, while Victoria looked absolutely spent as a quick recap package of the Hardy/Guerrero feud aired shortly after she walked through the curtain.

WWF WOMEN'S TITLE MATCH

Victoria (c, 77) p. Lita (83) to RETAIN the title! - 79/84/69 - title gained image (78)

1 - FAMILY FEUD ENDS IN A 15 FOOT HIGH STEEL CAGE

The actual show began now with an explosion of fireworks and pyro as the 15 foot high steel cage descended from the rafters while the crowd of 18,000+ roared. The chords of WE LIE, WE CHEAT, WE STEAL sounded over the PA system and Los Guerreros came down to the ring to huge heat, which Eddie soaked up with a proud look on his face. Moments later the Hardy Boyz music hit and the sound of teenage females shrieking was deafening!

This match was set up by WWF Commissioner Shawn Michaels to end this 2 month long feud one way or another. The rules stipulated that the ONLY way to win would be for one of the four participants to escape through the door which was heavily chained up, or by climbing over the top and landing on the floor on the outside. In order for anyone to escape, it was a virtual certainty that BOTH members of one team were going to have to be incapacitated for a decent period of time, so the opening minutes of this match featured some HARD hitting by Eddie and Matt. Since Guerrero is more accustomed to this, he got the advantage and used his quickness to ground Matt with a series of quick suplexes before tagging in his nephew, Chavo. It seems that Chavo stole a page from his uncle's playbook with a version of Eddie's slingshot senton entrance. Forgetting for a moment that this was a cage match, Chavo went for a cover as the crowd chuckled.

After recovering from his mental mistake Chavo displayed the typical Guerrero intensity as he rammed Matt face first into the steel twice, splitting him open as Jeff desperately reached for a tag. Los Guerreros teamwork was spot on as Chavo delivered a brainbuster a split second before Eddie came off of the top turnbuckle with a FROG SPLASH! With Matt hurting, Chavo made a move for the door, but was unable to make much progress with the chains surrounding the lock before he was dropkicked from behind by Jeff who had grown impatient of waiting. As Jeff was being hustled out of the ring, Eddie charged in and dropped a bloody Matt on his head with a particularly stiff brainbuster as Chavo made a tag. Eddie came back in full of what can only be referred to as "piss and vinegar" as he beat a vicious bruise into Matt's chest! Things looked bleak for the Hardys as Eddie began to climb the cage, only to get knocked down by Jeff who caught him with a dropkick. Eddie landed awkwardly, as he got his right ankle caught int the ropes before finally crashing to the mat, when the referee unhooked him! This distraction allowed Matt to finally make a tag to a HUGE pop! The younger Hardy caught Chavo coming in and sent him head first into the cage not one, not twice but three times, leaving him a bloody mess. It was obvious that Eddie had tweaked his ankle during his fall as he limped around trying to lock up with Jeff who wisely dropkicked Eddie's good leg.

Jeff then removed his tee shirt :rolleyes: before starting to climb the cage. Eddie was in no shape to try and track him down, but a bloody Chavo managed to grab a hold of Jeff just as he got his left leg over the top of the cage! Jeff was dangling in a precarious position that made all the men in attendance groan, and it was clear to everyone that Chavo was NOT letting go. This went on for about 25 seconds before Matt Hardy ducked Under Chavo's legs and smoked him with a huge powerbomb. Eddie charged at Matt but got kicked in the gut as Matt cheered Jeff on, thinking he'd climb down the cage and win the match. . . but Jeff had other things in mind as he signalled to the crowd before launching himself off with an incredibly risky AND stupid SWANTON BOMB on Chavo! The crowd erupted with a loud "Holy Shit" chant just as Eddie got thrown into the cage. A staggering Matt who had lost a lot of blood used up his strength to climb to the top turnbuckle where he hit the YODELLING LEGDROP on a defenseless Eddie. With the 3 other participants down and out, Matt slowly made his way over to the cage door, unhooked all the chains and got the key from the official moments before unlocking the door and falling head first out of the ring to the floor outside. The match was over, and although the Hardys had won the match and the feud, all four men received a standing ovation, which as we all know made whatever injuries they suffered worthwhile.

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Hardy Boyz def. Los Guerreros (Matt escapes) to end their feud - 89/87/92 - Hardys gained over from feud ending, while the Guerreros lost :(

2 - CANADIAN VIOLENCE!

Our next match was the only standard one on one, no firlls contest of the night, but even without a stipulation or title to vie for, Edge & 'The Canadian Crippler' Chris Benoit came to work.

Benoit must have been watching what Eddie did in the last match as he tried his best to outchop him, and did so in strong fashion. Edge's chest was covered in deep purple bruises just minutes into the match, but he was able to shut out the pain and get in some hard shots of his own, busting Benoit's lip with a forearm shot to the mouth. Edge realized that he would have to use his speed in order to try and outlast Benoit who is a far superior brawler and mat wrestler. What Edge didn't take into account is that Benoit has wrestled all the greats in the cruiserweight ranks in his career, and that he was more than able to keep up with an in between type guy like Edge. After trading control for the next few minutes Benoit grabbed a firm hold when he blatantly dumped Edge on his neck with a release German suplex. The Crippler than unleashed a trio of Rolling Germans before going for a pin on the third as he bridged up, but somehow Edge kicked out at 2. Benoit was getting frustrated with Edge's resiliency so he turned up the offense some more, nearly crushing Edge's sternum with even more violent chops! Benoit grabbed a hold of Edge and dumped him on his neck and back yet again with a Northern Lights suplex before bringing his thumb to his throat and making his trademark slashing motion.

The crowd rose as Benoit went for the Diving Headbutt, but Edge rolled out of the way at the last possible moment and Benoit landed VERY hard on his face. Seizing the moment, Edge managed to lock in Benoit's trademark hold, the CRIPPLER CROSSFACE! It didn't seem like this was going to be enough for Edge to defeat Benoit who was much fresher, but 'The Crippler' was having a tough time trying to clear his head and make his way to the ropes. In fact, Benoit was fading fast, and not making any progress to the ropes after one initial lunge that Edge was barely able to withstand. About a minute and a half into the hold, Benoit went limp, and the referee began the dreaded hand raise to see if Benoit was still able to defend himself. The crowd counted along with him . . . 1 . . 2 . . 3! The referee called for the bell and a stunned Edge was named the victor via submission, in what was quite possibly the least likely outcome of this match. When Benoit finally came to, he was NOT in a good mood and ran to the back shouting "EDGE" at the top of his lungs, scaring a couple of little kids in the front row on the right side of the aisle.

Edge (88) def. 'Canadian Crippler' Chris Benoit (88) via submission - 87/89/83

3 - WOULD THE LORDS OF THE RING RULE IT?

The next match on the schedule was for the WWF World Tag Team Titles as the champions, Youth Movement (Austin Lee & Erin Bray) were set to meet another team that has also made a huge splash in a short time, the Lords Of The Ring ('Nightmare' Nick Dinsmore & Rob Conway). After an amazing, and bloody display by the Guerreros and Hardys, these two teams of youngsters were intent on going all out to one-up them.

The flashy 18 year old Bray started things off against Dinsmore, who is rapidly growing into his reputation as the next great mat technician in the company. Dinsmore easily got Bray down on the mat and tried working a few submission holds, but Bray was able to use his incredible speed and agility to counter out, get to his feet and connect with a back elbow and a dropkick before clamping on an armbar and making a tag. Lee came in with a short elbow from the top to the right shoulder of Dinsmore, trying to take out his strong arm, and weakening him significantly. Lee is the brawler on his team and laid into Nick, but ended up getting thumbed in the eye allowing a tag to be made and a fresh Rob Conway to enter for the first time. Conway worked on Lee's back, as it was clear that the Lords were trying to isolate him by making a lot of quick tags and double team moves.

Lee slowly started to make a comeback and suddenly the crowd's cheers turned to boos as The Oracle approached the ring. Lee had just connected with a beautiful dropkick and was on the verge of making a much needed tag to Bray after wrestling for about 9-10 straight minutes without reprieve. But just as he went to do that, the referee suddenly turned and began to argue with The Cult's leader! Bray charged into the ring and went straight for Conway, but it became obvious for everyone to see that the ref was on the take as he turned and sent Bray back to his corner while Conway suplexed a confused Lee back towards his corner. Dinsmore and Conway then combined for their tag finisher THE ONE RING, as The Oracle slipped "out of the referee's line of sight" where he held Bray back as Conway pinned Lee for the victory and a title change. The crowd booed lustily and tossed trash at the referee as he sprinted to the back while the rest of the Cult came out from the back. In the meantime, the 3 on 2 beating continued, until Big Show entered the ring and delivered two MASSIVE CHOKESLAMS effectively ending the night of the two young rookies. With their opposition now out of commission, The Oracle grabbed a microphone. . .

WWF WORLD TAG TITLE MATCH

Lords of the Ring def. Youth Movement (Conway p. Lee) to become the NEW champions! - 88/89/87

4 - THE ORACLE IS PLEASED, BUT NOT YET DONE

Oracle: "Let that be a lesson to the doubters. As you can see my loyal followers currently possess the World Tag Team, Hardcore and Women's Championships. Did you witness how my will can be down without the laying of hands? Look now, do you see the joy in their eyes? *waves his hand towards the others* Do you not want to experience that same joy? Look at the smile on the Big Show's face as he destroys one man after another, or the pride my favorite son Jamie Noble displayed when he held the Cruiserweight Title. All of this can be yours, all you must do is pledge your allegiance to me and victory shall be yours this day.

With that in mind, I place all of my faith in Steve Austin and Raven tonight. Although they are not officially members of my family, they shall receive all the blessings afforded to a friend. I am more powerful than Shawn Michaels could ever hope to be, and unlike him, I am a just ruler. Any request that your heart desires can be yours. Join us. The legion shall continue to grow until none else remain. And remember we are simply doing this for your own benefit. Sit back and be entertained. Sit back and feel our love. Our love shall never lead you astray. Take heed to my warnings for more changes shall follow swiftly and suddenly."

*With that, The Oracle, Prototype, Victoria, Big Show, Jamie Noble, Al Snow and the Lords of the Ring all exited the ring following their leader with awe in their eyes. Once they were gone, a video fired up on the screen recapping what happened between Austin & Storm to get them to this point*

The Oracular Cult celebrate - 88%

5 - AUSTIN/STORM WITH A TITLE SHOT AT SURVIVOR SERIES ON THE LINE

The next match was perhaps the most anticiated one of the night simply because it could do what no other would, GUARANTEE a spot in a Main Event at a "Big 5" PPV for the winner. The first man out was WWF Intercontinental Champion, 'The Canadian Superstar' Lance Storm. Storm got enormous heat as he brought out an obscenely large Canadian flag which he deliberately waved in the face of those fans who leaned over the rail in an attempt to get in his ear! Storm apparently had something he wanted to say as he grabbed a mic, but he never had a chance to open his mouth as the sound of GLASS SHATTERING that soon followed was deafening, as was the initial reaction 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin received. Although Storm's IC title was NOT on the line in this match, a # 1 contendership to the Undisputed Title was, and knowing that Austin has been chasing the title since SUMMER SLAM, the crowd was into it from the opening bell.

In the beginning, Storm tried to feel his way into the match going for a single leg a few times, but Austin was able to swat him away with punches to the back of the head each time. Storm realized that this tactic was not going to work so he waited for Austin to come towards him before taking him down with a drop toehold. Storm then slapped on an anklelock, but Austin made the ropes easily. Austin got to his feet with a smile on his face and charged at Storm again, Storm went for the same move again, but Austin had him well scouted and drove an elbow to the back of his neck before firing right hands at Storm's skull as the fans counted along. After a dozen strikes, Storm's eyes looked glassy and 'Stone Cold' started barking to an appreciative crowd. Austin turned up his offense as he began to stomp the proverbial "mudhole" and then "walked it dry" over the course of the next half dozen minutes. But to Storm's credit he rebounded well as Austin tried to finish it early. 'Stone Cold' went for the boot to the gut, but Storm caught his foot and took him down with a dragon screw leg whip! Storm then showed some fire of his own by relentlessly stomping at Austin's left knee and twisting it, in hopes of gaining a submission OR at the very least preventing the kick leading to the Stunner as that would be Austin's plant leg.

Storm has clearly studied Ric Flair's strategy of breaking down a man's leg as he took Austin to the ropes and cannonballed the injured knee a handful of times before being admonished by the ref. Austin crawled to the ropes and tried to pull himself up, but a sharp superkick from Storm sent him over the top to the outside! Storm's confidence grew as he followed Austin to the outside and tossed him headlong into the ring post opening Austin up. With blood now flowing down Austin's face, Storm sent him in, thinking that it would be a good time to try and end it. Lance wasted time telling the crowd that it was over and paid for it as Austin caught him with a gimpy looking but effective Thesz Press. Although his leg was injured, there was nothing wrong with Austin's fists, as they again rained down on Storm who was unable to cover up. Austin got up and shook his leg out before whipping Storm into the ropes and clotheslining him down. After a couple of quick slams Austin started to feel a bit better and waited for Storm to get up. Again Austin went for the boot to the stomach, only to have Storm catch his foot and then sweep him down before flipping Austin over into a non roll through version of his CANADIAN MAPLELEAF!

Austin was in bad shape as he was practically in the center of the ring, but he was able to crawl to the ropes in order to break the hold. Storm had apparently underestimated how much Austin wanted the win and started to yell at the referee for not ending the match sooner. The ref informed him that Austin never submitted, and a disgusted Storm's lack of focus cost him as he turned around because 'Stone Cold' was finally able to catch him with a boot to the midsection and then a HUGE STONE COLD STUNNER! Austin made the cover, and the crowd erupted as the referee's hand struck the mat a 3rd time giving him the win and a title shot at SURVIVOR SERIES. Storm however ruined the party as he grabbed his flag and broke the wooden handle over Austin's neck with a wicked shot! Austin dropped instantly and Storm clamped on a second CANADIAN MAPLELEAF, which he would not relinquish as the timekeeper frantically rang the bell. Eventually our road agents were able to get Storm off of Austin, who opted to go to the announce table to watch Rock/RVD from ringside while Storm was removed from the arena.

# 1 CONTENDER FOR SURVIVOR SERIES

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin (100) p. 'The Canadian Superstar' Lance Storm (81) - 89/90/87

6 - RVD'S SECOND SHOT AT GLORY ENDS ON A POSITIVE NOTE

Just as Austin settled into his seat, we had to mute his mic as her began spouting some obsecnities in Storm's direction. Jim Ross and CC Chapman informed us that when they spoke to Rob Van Dam earlier in the day he still seemed distraught regarding Miss Hancock's injury. As RVD came down to the ring, he still appeared to be less than thrilled about having to come out alone despite the opportunity to win the "most coveted prize in this business". Moments later, the WWF Champion, Rock came down to the ring smiling and soaking up the atmosphere of 18,000+ booing fans.

As the referee held the Undisputed Title in the air, the crowd was so insanely loud that RVD didn't hear the bell ring and ate a big right hand from The Rock who then, well rocked RVD, with another few right hands before dropping him with the mighty spit punch :shifty: After a quick DDT, Rock went for the cover, but Van Dam was able to kick out at 2. RVD rolled out of the ring, and looked VERY unsure of what to do next. The Rock on the other hand was very focused and actually caught RVD with a baseball slide (!) before landing another series of big right hands and a clothesline over the guardrail. Since this was a NO DQ, NO CO match, The Rock knew he could use weapons and did so as he dented a chair on top of RVD's head! Van Dam was opened up, but that seemed to spur The Rock on as he pulled him back over the railing and tossed him into the ringsteps. With Van Dam down and clutching at his neck, The Rock split the steps and signalled it was time for a Rock Bottom! He placed RVD on top of the steps and went to grab a hold of him when Van Dam finally fought back with a series of short elbows to the head and a kick that sent Rock into the rail. Van Dam scampered to the top rope and connected with a big leaping kick to The Rock's jaw which dropped him.

Van Dam quickly followed that up with a beautiful split legged moonsault from the center of the apron to the outside. An RVD fan in the front row wisely thought to stand up and place his chair next to The Rock's head, the universal symbol for a Van Daminator! RVD smiled at the fan, pointed his thumbs at himself and blasted the chair into the champion's face, opening him up as well. The crowd started chanting "R-V-D, R-V-D" and it looked like we might have a new champion as Van Dam climbed back up top before launching himself at The Rock with that cannonball type move he used against Bam Bam Bigelow in his ECW days! (coolest spot ever imho) Both men were in bad shape after that move as Van Dam rubbed his back, while The Rock was slumped up against the guardrail gasping for whatever air he could take into his body. Van Dam was the first to recover and charged the Rock hope to knee him in the face, but Rock ducked and Van Dam's knee struck the steel instead! The Rock then grabbed a chair at ringside and managed to strike the fan who had helped RVD with his backswing and then Van Dam's head on the followthrough. The Rock badmouthed the dazed fan and threatened to backhand him before turning his attention to RVD again. The Rock grabbed the ring bell and buried it in RVD's back before dragging the challenger towards the announcers table. Rock climbed onto the table with Van Dam and then drove him through it with a ROCK BOTTOM that sent splinters from the table everywhere! Van Dam was out cold, and The Rock looked as if he might have given himself a concussion as well, as he draped his left arm over RVD's prone body for a well earned victory. The crowd was disappointed by the victor, but unanimously applauded the effort.

RVD came to and pulled himself up before acknowledging the crowd who still showed support before an unexpected but very familiar voice call out to him as Paul Heyman appeared for the first time in the last 3 months!

Heyman: "ROB VAN DAM, the whole fucking show! Can I say fucking on a WWF PPV? I guess I can huh. *laughs to himself* Well RVD, it seems that you have well. . . pardon the pun, just hit rock bottom *crowd boos* I understand that you are upset that Ms. Hancock was injured, and I think that it cost you the match and the title tonight. You NEED a mentor Rob, someone who will look out for you and keep you on your strict training regimen. Think back to how successful you were in ECW, when Fonsie helped you, as did I. While you were with me, you were one of the biggest stars on the planet despite the fact we didn't have the money to compete with the WWF or WCW! With me in your corner, you can become THE star of stars Rob. Hancock is out for 6 more months, and I don't think you can really afford to wait that long to get yourself straightened out. Whaddaya say Rob, once more for old times sake?"

*The crowd is uncertain of what to think*

RVD: "You know something Paul, I NEVER liked you! *crowd pops* But I can admit, that I do need some help. If you're willing to do things MY way, you have a deal."

*RVD extends his arm to Heyman who shakes it. Heyman then dipped under RVD and helped him walk to the back as a stunned crowd looked on*

WWF UNDISPUTED WORLD TITLE REMATCH - NO DQ, NO CO

The Rock (c, 100) p. Rob Van Dam (93) to RETAIN the title! - 94/100/81 - title gained image (94)

7 - STONE COLD COUNTS IT DOWN FOR THE ROCK

Following the RVD/Heyman bit, 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin grabbed the ring announcer's microphone before getting down on his knees to get nose to nose with The Rock, who definitely had his bell rung.

Austin: "Twenty eight days Rock. 28 days is all ya got left of being tha WWF Undisputed Champ! Ya see, you've been duckin' ole Stone Cold since you won the title Rock, but ya can't hide no more! *crowd pops* At SURVIVOR SERIES it's The Rock against 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin, one on one, man to man, for tha biggest prize in the business Rock. And, I don't gotta worry about beatin' nobody else but you to get it once and fer all. I don't gotta worry about Shawn Michaels playin' games, no shady contracts that add another guy into a title match or that piece o' trash Lance Storm tryin' to screw me again. All I gotta do is beat yer ass Rock, and well we know that's somethin' I've done plenty o' times before. *crow pops again* AT SURVIVOR SERIES, I will become the Undisputed Champ. . . AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE. . . 'CAUSE STONE COL. . . "

*The Rock finally gets to his feet and snatches the mic from Austin*

Rock: "Austin will you stop flapping your damn gums already! The Rock doesn't appreciate you getting in The Rock's face and talking all sorts of monkey crap, while your breath smell like. . . well monkey crap! *chuckles to himself* This is The Rock's time to shine baby! Did you watch the grace and athleticism that The Rock displayed tonight? Did you appreciate the subtle nuances that only The Rock can bring to the game? Did you witness the ferocity with which The Rock delivered The Rock Bottom on that roody poo Rob Van Dam?!? The Rock would like to let his MILLIONS. . . and MILLIONS of fans know that The Rock was just resting out here, and that The Rock is NOT hurt.

Now, back to the matter at hand, how could YOU possibly think you can defeat The Rock? Are you daft man? The Rock is the GREATEST thing going today, the most electrifying man in the HISTORY of Sports Entertainment AND the most handsome World Champion that ever lived! *raises his eyebrow* The Rock has seen it all, The Rock has done it all, and quite frankly The Rock HAS it all. You're nothing more than another pebble that stuck to the bottom of The Rock's custom made shoes, on The Rock's path to greatness Austin. Do you wanna know why The Rock has been avoiding you? Well it's because The Rock does NOT need you anymore. Remember this if nothing else Austin, YOU need The Rock, but the Rock damned sure does NOT need you. . . IF YA SMELL, WHAT THE ROCK. . . IS COOKIN'

*The Rock tosses the mic at Austin who mouthed the word "sonofabitch" as we were shown a clip recapping the Raven/Undertaker feud*

Stone Cold/Rock face to face - 93%

MAIN EVENT - A FIERY FINISH TO A HOT EVENT

Our announcers issued a standard press release begging our viewers NOT to try to attempt this kind of match at home. Everyone was excited to hear Chris Jericho's music, since he is the special guest referee, however we saw a backstage segment between he and Spanky 'Da Godfatha' Maritato instead. Spanky was wearing his typical 2 sizes too big pinstripe suit, a Bugsy Siegel era hat, complete with a lime green feather in it and an unlit cigar dangling from his lip.

Spanky: "Da boys in da back tell me that you're a little nervous about dis here match. Well, alls I gots ta say is fuhgeddabout it! Me and da boys do dis kinda thing all the time. I'll set the ropes up for ya, and alls ya gotta do is call for da bell when one of dem two mooks is on fire! Capische?"

Jericho: "Um, can you translate that into ENGLISH for me please?"

Spanky *whispering*: "I said that I'll set the fire for you, and all you have to worry about is ending the match OK? Don't blow my cover, the ladies really love 'Da Godfatha'!"

Jericho *sarcastically*: "Oh OK, thanks a lot. Um, is this the part where I kiss your ring or something?"

Spanky: "Dat ain't a bad idea!"

*Spanky extends his right hand and Jericho mockingly kisses his ring as the crowd laughs*

Jericho then headed to the ring and reluctantly slid under the bottom rope wondering exactly what he had gotten himself into. Raven & The Undertaker were finally introduced getting huge heat and an immense pop respectively. Amazingly, they maintained their composure and didn't attack each other as 'Da Godfatha' headed to the ring and set the pyro up properly by using his cigar to light the initial spark. Spanky then bowed to the crowd before Jericho told him to take a hike. As Spanky left he mumbled something about "learnin' that mook some respect".

Jericho nervously paced around the ring as flames shot up about 6 feet over the top ropes. The bell finally sounded and fists flew back and forth as these two bitter flows wanted to beat the hell out of each other. Naturally, the larger man got the advantage and UT fired Raven into the ropes before connecting with a big boot to the head. UT then choked Raven, who countered with a well place fist between UT's legs. Raven gasped for some air before standing on 'Taker's hair and dropping an elbow to his face. Raven pulled Taker up and whipped him towards the corner, but it was countered at the last moment and Raven crashed into the turnbuckles a moment before getting his windpipe crushed by a UT clothesline! 'Taker decided it was time to finish this match and tried to stick Raven's face into the flames between the bottom and middle ropes.

Raven fought back with a thumb to the eyes and another uppercut "downstairs"! UT slumped down to a knee as Raven sat on his shoulder isolating his right hand. A few fans started chanting "ECW" as they knew what was going to happen next. A nasty popping sound filled the ring mic as Raven broke not one but TWO of Undertaker's fingers before slipping off of the sweat which had built on UT's body from the exertion and the heat. 'Taker writhed in pain as his two broken fingers started to swell almost immediately. Raven dug into his right shoe and pulled out a spike like object which he then drove into 'Taker face bloodying him instantly. Raven dropped his weapon and got a little bit too cocky here as he shouted back at the fans who were booing him, which allowed 'Taker to pick up the shiv, and pierce Raven's forehead with it. Showing some of his trademark sadistic side, UT then raked the instrument from right to left leaving Raven's face the proverbial "crimson mask". Raven screamed in pain as 'Taker stomped on his right hand, obviously trying to return the favor in regards to broken fingers.

From a distance, Jericho reminded these two that the match would only end when one of them caught fire. It was very clear that he wanted out of the ring but didn't want to risk burning himself to do so. Jericho wiped away a handful of flop sweat as Undertaker scored with a huge shoulderbreaker. At this point, the big man was starting to get gassed and went for the win by dragging Raven towards the ropes. Another low blow by Raven stopped the onslaught and he spiked a bloody UT into the mat with a RAVEN EFFECT DDT. Raven yelled out to the crowd and struck a pose before pulling the Dead Man up and driving his skull into the mat once more with a TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER. UT's eyes rolled back into his head, unintentionally, as Raven dragged his 310 pound frame towards the ropes before reaching into his bloodied pants pocket and cuffing both of Undertaker's hands to the ropes in the vein of a crucifixion!

The crowd had no idea what to think now since the flames were too far away from UT to end the match. But everything became crystal clear as Raven pulled out something from his hand and tossed a fireball onto UT's bloodsoaked hair. After flickering for a moment, UT's mane slowly ignited as he unleashed a bloodcurdling scream! With no way to put out the fire, the smell of burning hair filled the ringside area. The technicians stopped the pyro and Jericho ran from the ring at a high speed like the "scalded dog" JR loves to talk about. Just as medical attendants were getting into the ring, Raven tossed a second fireball at UT that just barely missed his midsection!

The maniacal Raven then fell to the mat as he had lost a lot of blood and became dehydrated from the extreme heat in the ring. After what seemed like forever, UT was finally completely doused with a handful of fire extinguishers. The crowd looked on in sheer horror as he was loaded onto a stretcher in record time and taken to a hospital. The final image of the PPV was that of an unconscious Raven's face, which was contorted in a gruesome smile as blood stained half of his teeth. An update on the status of The Undertaker will occur on tomorrow night's RAW.

MAIN EVENT - INFERNO MATCH with Chris Jericho as special referee!

Raven (86) def. The Undertaker (91) to end their feud - 93/100/80 - both Raven and 'Taker gained over from the feud ending

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

90 quality, 1.74 buyrate, 18,765 attendance (total gate $5,475,900)

Over Bumps: Jeff Hardy (up to 88), Matt Hardy (up to 84), Raven (86-95), Undertaker (91-94)

Feuds: Austin/Storm (90-89), Jericho/RVD (89), Leviathan/Kane (85), Trish/Victoria (82), Benoit/Edge (89-88), Leppard/Nash (82)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTEST RESULTS (wins out of 7 matches/wins in 3 title matches (was the tiebreaker)

PanchoVilla - 5/3

Jukeboksi - 4/1

superstar2003auok - 4/3

Agent Risktaker - 2/1

y2gudge - 6/3

Masterofall - 3/2

Evil Roy - 3/2

Useless Jobber - 4/2

y2gudge wins for the 2nd time in 3 months! The average number right was about 4/2 which is pretty good on my end I guess as it means things aren't too predictable.

• 2 months later...