Carmelo Anthonys New Comments....

Guest BornToRaiseHell

Guest BornToRaiseHell

DENVER -- Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony is pretty sure he will be watching the U.S. Olympic team on television this August.

Anthony said Wednesday he believes the USA Basketball selection committee has moved on without him.

"They've got their mind set on what they want," Anthony told the Rocky Mountain News. "Don't nothing include Carmelo. Nothing in the NBA includes me. You realize that?"

Anthony led all rookies in scoring this past season but finished second to Cleveland Cavaliers guard LeBron James in Rookie of the Year voting.

James will play for Team USA in the Aug. 13-29 Athens Games. Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade, another rookie, also is expected to make the team. The roster already includes two small forwards, Shawn Marion and Richard Jefferson.

"I could wait four years for the next one," Anthony said of the Olympics. "Hopefully, I'll be globally known in four years."

Its basically like he's saying LeBron is NBA, and Carmelo isnt...I know him & 'Bron are best friends, but damn the way they have held 'Melo under is unbelievable.

Im a huge 'Melo fan, and i understand what he's saying. Everyone in the NBA is for 'Bron, and 'Melo gets basically shut out....

Only thing is, everyone not a part of the NBA knows this, they know he had a phenomenal season, but all the hype is still around LeBron.

He makes a good point, but he didnt need to put it in the interview, because people already notice it.

Guest BornToRaiseHell

any reason to backup your statement, i mean Boozer was second to LeBron on his tea, they didnt make the playoffs, and we saw what Marion did without Starbury this year....

Guest BornToRaiseHell

'Melo got more experience tho, i mean playoffs & NCAA championship....

thats why the need 'Melo i mean ya cant win games when you only score 20 points...

Guest BornToRaiseHell

the team is a joke now anyways, with no real stars left except A.I. & Duncan, who should get out if they are smart..... i mean half of the team didnt even make the playoffs, how embarassing....

Guest wCw4life2

I think Carmelo could have been on the team but if they already picked thier forwards then you can't go back. Richard Jefferson really shined this year anyways I think he should have a spot anyways. I understand his grief about not getting the credit he deserves but thats how it works sometimes.

BorntoRaise Hell- what do you mean you can't win games win you only score 20 points, carmelo as previously stated by y2jericholic scored .1 more, that makes his average 21 and lebrons 20.9, so your not making sense, and i think the USA could win if Lebron got 20 considering Duncan and A.I. are on the team those are 25-20 pt players a game.