WWF: 1992

ChrisO

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WWF Championship is currently held by no one, it is vacant, soon though someone will come through as the WWF Champion, that will be determined at the Royal Rumble as 30-men will go at it for the richest prize in the game the World Wrestling Federation Championship.  Ric Flair currently holds the NWA World Title but will that championship still be avaliable at the Royal Rumble or will the WWF decide to get rid of the championship altogether?  The Intercontinental Championship is currently held by Bret Hart and Bret has made a great Intercontinental Champion but with so many up and comers on the rise, will the Hitman be able to hang on to the championship or will one of the young bloods take it?  The Legion of Doom currently holds the Tag Team Championship and they promise to make an impact, with WWF Superstars being our first event, what will happen with LOD and who will be the first to make claim that they are better?

Wednesday, January 1st, 1992

I was sitting in the offices of World Championship Wrestling, owned by Ted Turner. I was looking at the cards that the bookers had put together for the next show entitled World Wide Wrestling. I had made a few suggestions here and there and they listened to them and used some of them, while I was looking over the card my phone in the office began to ring I pick it up and on the other line is World Wrestling Federation owner, Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Mr. McMahanon offered me a job at the WWF some time ago but I turned it down to work for WCW and now he was at it again, but this time offering me a job as the head booker for his company. I pondered at it and then he offered me a very nice salary of about $60,000 a year, which was about $30,000 more than what I was getting at WCW. I immediately jumped at the opportunity and the cash and then went straight to Ted Turner and he was sorry to see me go, but, now I have to report to WWF headquarters in Stamford and then get ready for the first show on Saturday.

Thursday, January 2nd, 1992

Earlier today it was announced that WCW fired staff member Eric Bischoff and signed Killer Kowalski in his place. A very interesting move I think because I thought Turner was going to put the role of acting WCW President on Bischoff, this is indeed something to watch, as us here at the WWF now have our eye on Mr. Bischoff.

Early Saturday, January 4th, 2005

The ratings for WCW World Wide Wrestling came in last night and they got a .02, which isn't bad given the Graveyard they're in for the show and the fact that the highest possible rating in that slot is an estimated .05 rating, but they did drop in popularity as well, as for us our first show is tonight, so, time to head out for the show.

Saturday, Januray 4th, 1992

Superstars is here, it's time to start the show.

WWF Tag Team Championship

Legion of Doom © vs. Nasty Boys

The match ends with LOD delivering the Doomsday Device to Jerry Saggs while this goes on IRS and Ted DiBiase look on after the interference with the referee's back turned to Brian Knobbs.

Post-Match: Money Inc. continues their assault on The Nasty Boys after laying out LOD to keep them from making the save.

MQ: 81%

CR: 66%

OR: 73%

Backstage: We see the WWF Intercontinental Champion Bret Hart warming up preparing for his match later on tonight as he will defend the WWF Intercontinental Title against the NWA World Champion Ric Flair.

81%

Commercial Break.

Number One Contenders Match

The Rockers Vs. British Bulldog and Owen Hart

Winner gets a Tag Team Championship match next week on Superstars

The match ends with Owen Hart being taken down my Shawn Michaels and then Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels nailing the British Bulldog with the Double Flying Fist Drop for the 3 count.

Post-Match: Bulldog and Owen have a heated argument over the loss and Owen shoves Bulldog down and then walks away.

MQ: 88%

CR: 68%

OR: 78%

Commercial Break.

After the break, Hulk Hogan is backstage about to get an interview from Mean Gene when Colonel Mustafa and Sgt. Slaughter come in and attack, they start to beat down on Hogan when Roddy Piper makes the save.

70%

Jake "The Snake" Roberts Vs. The Undertaker

Not a bad match. The match ends when Undertaker delivers the Tombstone to Roberts for the 3 count in a fairly short match.

MQ: 83%

CR: 63%

OR: 73%

Commercial Break.

After the break, the Undertaker is backstage, he basically talked about himself and all the others he was coming after followed by a Rest.... In.... Peeeeeeace and then the eye roll.

80%

Main Event for the WWF Intercontinental Championship

Bret Hart defends against "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Great Match. It ends with Bret Hart finally locks in the Sharpshooter after one or two previous attempts forcing Flair to tap out. Bret Hart retains the Intercontinental Championship.

Post-Match: We see Damien in the ring slithering closely to Bret Hart who quickly gets to his feet from his knees and quickly exits the ring and then as he backs his way up the entranceway Jake Roberts comes and Clotheslines Bret from behind then goes to the ring and grabs Damien and the show ends.

MQ: 91%

CR: 89%

OR: 90%

Overall Show Rating: 79% with a 3.57 rating.

Making $201,600 with 5040 in attendance.

WCW Saturday Night recieved a 3.23 rating.

Sunday, January 5th, 1992

Now we're ready for the Wrestling Challenge.

Undertaker Vs. Sid Justice

Not a bad match, it ends with Sid nailing a Side Slam but Taker kicks out and gets the upperhand and then once in completely control, Taker nails the Chokeslam followed by the Tombstone for the three count.

MQ: 73%

CR: 86%

OR: 82%

Commercial break.

After a quick commercial break the Undertaker is at the top of the entranceway and cuts a promo on Ric Flair, this confused the crowd, but as always the interview ended with a little Rest... In....... Piiiiiiiieeeeeeeece, followed by the classic eye roll.

78%

Then, right after Taker leaves, Owen Hart comes out and cuts a promo about the tag team loss with British Bulldog on Superstars and then Owen does more mouthing and then leaves.

83%

Non-Title

Bret Hart Vs. Koko B. Ware

The match ends with Bret Hart, who holds completely control for pretty much the entire match locking in the Sharpshooter forcing Koko to give up.

Post-Match: Yet another apperance by Jake Roberts who comes down and goes to work on Bret Hart and then pours Damien on Bret and then surprisingly leaves Bret in the ring trying to get Damien off of him.

MQ: 68%

CR: 52%

OR: 60%

Jake "The Snake" Roberts Vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage

Pretty good match here, Roberts ends it by sliding out of a Body Slam attempt from "Macho Man" and then nails him with the DDT for the three count.

MQ: 74%

CR: 85%

OR: 81%

Commercial Break.

We see Hogan and "The Hot Rod" Rowdy Roddy Piper standing at the entranceway and they cut a promo on Sgt. Slaughter and Colonel Mustafa about what happened on Superstars, then, they end it with the normal Whatcha Gonna Do Brother thing and then they make their way down to the ring.

81%

Tag Team Main Event

Sgt. Slaughter and Colonel Mustafa Vs. Hulk Hogan and "The Hot Rod" Rowdy Roddy Piper

Bad match actually which ends with Hogan being whipped into Piper standing on the apron and then Slaughter makes the roll up for the 3 count.

MQ: 46%

CR: 48%

OR: 47%

Overall Show Rating: 67%

4.28 rating with 5014 people in attendance which gave us $200,560 in ticket sales.

While WCW Main Event got a 2.12, making $182,000 from 4550

Good thing to see in ratings so I'm happy with this week.

Next show is tomorrow night with Prime Time Wrestling.

I'm not the kind of person who will knock a diary because it takes a lot of hard work and I haven't been successful at my diaries, but your knowledge of the period is bad, here's why.

A. 1992 wasn't 2005, in 1992 on tv most of the matches were squash matches.

B. LOD defending the Tag Titles in the first match on tv, a title would never be defend on television a title defense was always a PPV match.

C. Money Inc laying the Nasty Boys out, at this point Money Inc and The Nasty's were both managed by Jimmy Hart.

D. The Rockers were split up, and if they weren't they were on the verge of it.

E. Owen and Bulldog weren't a team in 1992, Owen was teaming up with Jim Neidhart at the time.

F. Sgt. Slaughter split with Colonel Mustafa and General Adnan in 1991 and was a face.

G. Jake Roberts and The Undertaker did fight in 1992, at Wrestlemania VIII but at January-1992 both were heel and they were allies.

H. Ric Flair's title was never called the NWA World Title on air, Flair called himself the real world's champion and paraded with the belt but on the storyline the WWF didn't acknowledge the belt.

I. Bret Hart and Ric Flair wouldn't of been giving away on free tv like that.

J. Hart was feuding with The Mountie at the time and Jake Roberts was feuding with Savage at the time so a Hart-Roberts feud makes no sense.

K. Sid-Undertaker see Hart-Flair, plus Sid had recently arrived and wasn't just going to be jobbed out.

L. Taker feuding with Flair, makes no sense, Flair was somewhat feuding with Hogan, Flair even helped Taker win the title from Hogan at the 91 Survivor Series.

M. Bret-Koko.B Ware in 1992 faces didn't fight faces and heels didn't fight heels. It had to be a unique occassion such as Hogan-Warrior or even Piper-Hart for that to happen.

N. Savage-Roberts see Hart-Flair, Sid-Taker. Matches like this wouldn't be given away on free tv and woudn't be given away without building them up.

O. Hogan losing, enough said.

P. Here's some tips, if you do a diary research the era in which you are doing and maybe you should real other people's diaries for a while to get a better feeling on how it works and what makes a good diary.

I'm not trying to knock you or claim to be a diary expert because I'm not, all I'm trying to do is to point out things that you can improve like people did for my when I wrote my diaries.

Possible Royal Rumble Card for the Royal Rumble PPV on Janurary 12th.

Tag Team Championships

The Rockers Vs. Legion of Doom

Intercontinental Championship

Bret "Hitman" Hart Vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

British Bulldog Vs. Owen Hart

Ric Flair Vs. The Undertaker

30-man Royal Rumble Match for the WWF Championship

Hulk Hogan, Brian Knobbs, Jerry Saggs, IRS, The Undertaker, Sgt. Slaughter, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Mystery Entry, Ted DiBiase, Tatanka, Texas Tornado, Sid Justice, Skinner, Repo Man, Papa Shango, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Rick Martel, Ric Flair, Greg Valentine, Big Bossman, Haku, The Mountie, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Jimmy Snuka, Koko B. Ware, Jim Neidhart, Mr. Perfect, The Bezerker, The Mountie

Also Possible Matches:

The Nasty Boys Vs. Money Inc.

Possibly other matches could be announced either on Main Event Wrestling or Superstars.

Please make your predictions as to who will win the matches and the Royal Rumble. Also! The list of Royal Rumble entries is not completely confirmed but it is pretty close to the complete order, there might also be one more match added to the card if I can make it set up right.

Edited by ChrisO

Monday, January 6th, 1992

Earlier today, I signed Rey Misterio Jr., Ultimo Dragon and Jerry Lynn all to new WWF contracts. They will be making their debuts here in the next few weeks. But, first, we must go through Prime Time Wrestling.

Prime Time Wrestling

Jim Neidhart Vs. Tatanka

Not much of a match here. Tatanka comes out with the win after hitting the Fallaway Slam for the 3 count.

MQ: 62%

CR: 51%

OR: 56%

After a few moments we see The Rockers in the ring and they challenge The Legion of Doom to defend their tag team titles in the main event tonight. The challenge is accepted.

72%

British Bulldog Vs. Chris Walker

British Bulldog wins in a very short match after the Running Powerslam.

Post-Match: Owen Hart comes down and takes out the Bulldog.

MQ: 70%

CR: 43%

OR: 56%

Koko B. Ware Vs. Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka

Snuka wins a very bland match after the Superfly Splash for the 3 count.

MQ: 51%

CR: 54%

OR: 53%

We see Bret Hart who has a bandage on his face from the attack from Damien on yesterday's show, he's with Mean Gene and Bret starts to go after Jake Roberts verbally assaulting him, also making a challenge to him for the Royal Rumble and said he was willing to put his Intercontinental Championship on the line.

82%

Big Bossman Vs. Typhoon

Big Bossman picks up the win after nailing a very big Boosman Slam for the 3 count.

MQ: 66%

CR: 59%

OR: 62%

Jake Roberts Vs. Texas Tornado

Very good match which ended with Texas Tornado picking up the win after the Flying Crossbody thanks to a little bit of help from Bret Hart.

Post-Match: Bret tries to extract revenge on Jake for the attack on yesterday's show but Damien doesn't do anything after being dropped out of the bag but against goes for Bret, but, Bret manages to get away this time.

MQ: 76%

CR: 76%

OR: 75%

WWF Tag Team Championship Match

The Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty) Vs. The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal)

Great choice for a main event here. Plenty of back and fourth action and a lot of nearfalls, even a missed attempt for the Doomsday device but it ends with the Double Fistdrop on Hawk for the 3 count and The Rockers are crowd new tag team champions!

Post-Match: The Rockers celebrate their new title win when suddenly Michaels Superkicks Jannetty right in the chin laying down one-half of the new champs while the other half stands over him.

MQ: 93%

CR: 84%

OR: 88%

Overall show rating: 70%

We picked up a 5.65 TV rating while 5043 people attended the show, giving us $201,720 in ticket sales, this was our only MEW show before Royal Rumble so most of the matches have been set.

Just a reminder. Make your Royal Rumble predictions as the card is complete, the Rocker WILL team up at the Royal Rumble against Hawk and Animal and the other possible matches will not take place now.

Edited by ChrisO

Thursday, January 9th, 1992

Well, found out this morning and possible future competitors United States Wrestling Association signed two new staff members today as their product continues to grow. Dr. Wagner and Cordelia Cox have both signed contracts as staff members and the contracts are merely verbal but I have no wish to sign them as this moment.

Friday, January 10th, 1992

The ratings for WCW World Wide have come in and they recieved a .01 rating for World Wide Wrestling, but, made $180,560 from the 4514 people in attendance.

Also, on Superstars is has been confirmed that we will see the WWF debut of Rey Misterio Jr. and Ultimo Dragon as they will go at it in one on one action and we will also see Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty pay the Piper as they step foot in Piper's Pit.

Saturday, January 11th, 1992

Superstars

Rey Misterio Jr. Vs. Ultimo Dragon

This was a really good match in my opinion, but, the crowd just wasn't into it for some reason. The match ended with Misterio nailing the Flying Rana on Ultimo and pinned him for the 3 count.

MQ: 95%

CR: 43%

OR: 69%

Repo Man Vs. The Undertaker

Decent match but again the fans just weren't into it. It ended after the Undertaker gave a Choke Slam and made the pin for the 3 count.

Post-Match: Ric Flair came running down to the ring, trying to take down The Undertaker but is unsuccessful and Flair gets a Choke Slam and Taker leaves the ring.

MQ: 71%

CR: 48%

OR: 59%

Piper's Pit.

Special Guests: Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty

A huge argument insues here between the new WWF Tag Team Champions. Jannetty keeps asking why Michaels' Superkicked him on Main Event but Michaels keeps evading the question, finally Michaels appears to be turning away but then nails Jannetty with a big time Superkick yet again laying Jannetty down and out.

75%

Koko B. Ware Vs. Sid Justice

Not really much happened here, went for the short match. Sid his a Full Nelson Slam followed by a Powerbomb for the win.

CR: 67%

OR: 65%

Then, Ric Flair appears and he starts talking about the Undertaker, apparently still hurting from the Choke Slam earlier.

88%

British Bulldog Vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Not much of a match here. It ends after Bulldog hits the running Powerslam on Slaughter, but, Owen comes running down and lays out Bulldog and then Slaughter covers him for the 3 count.

Post-Match: Owen starts to beat down Bulldog, but, then, Slaughter now realizing what is going on, comes in for the save when Colonel Mustafa comes down and takes out Slaughter for some reason, Mustafa is the only man left standing.

MQ: 66%

CR: 60%

OR: 63%

Jake "The Snake" Roberts Vs. Jerry Lynn

The debut of Lynn goes pretty well, except for the fact that he lost the match. Roberts hit a DDT for the win.

Post-Match: Bret Hart comes down looking to take out Roberts, but, Roberts nails a DDT after a blocked right hand. Then, tries to get Damien on Bret, but, Bret rolls out quickly and leaves the arena.

MQ: 83%

CR: 57%

OR: 70%

Hulk Hogan Vs. Brooklyn Brawler

Bland match that ended with Hogan nailing the Legdrop on Brawler for the win.

Post-Match: Rowdy Roddy Piper comes down, trying to take out Hogan but to no avail, Hogan quickly turns the tides but Piper quickly gets out of Hogan's clutches and leaves the ring.

MQ: 65%

CR: 56%

OR: 60%

We got a 3.80 rating, which topped WCW Saturday Night which got a 3.24 rating. We also beat WCW in attendance, We had 5050, they had 4530, and we made $202,000, WCW made, $181,200.

Another good week, since we beat WCW again in the ratings.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick OOC Note: As I don't have time to write full results for PPVs, I will do a summarized PPV but with full-length interviews and the longer summarized results.

WWF Royal Rumble 1992

Ric Flair Vs. The Undertaker

The two men come out and the match starts. Undertaker gets the upperhand and hits a Bodyslam and Flair gets up and takes a Headbutt. Taker nails a couple of Clotheslines before Flair gets the upperhand by getting a right hand in. A couple of moments later, Flair nails a Snap Suplex. Taker reverses a hip toss and nails Flair and then hits a hard right hand on Flair. Flair quickly gets the upperhand again but then Taker reverses a Hammerlock, then, a Fallaway Slam. Then, sets up Flair and nails him with Choke Slam and then makes the cover and get the 3 and Taker is the winner.

MQ: 88%

CR: 70%

OR: 79%

British Bulldog Vs. Owen Hart

Bulldog gets control and after a couple of minutes of small moves and pin attemps, Bulldog hits a running knee lift on Owen. Then, Owen blocks a right hand and then takes down Bulldog with a Body Slam and hits an Elbow Drop. Then, only gets a two count. Owen goes for a Piledriver, but, Bulldog reverses into a Backdrop. Hart ducks under a Clothesline and Bulldog turns around to meet the ankle of Hart with a Heel Kick. Bulldog quickly gets momentum back after a kick to the gut and quickly nailing the Running Powerslam and Bulldog gets the three count.

Post-Match: Owen nails Bulldog from behind and then nails him with the Flying Bodypress and quickly leaves the ring.

MQ: 90%

CR: 62%

OR: 76%

WWF Intercontinental Championship

Bret Hart © Vs. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

The match starts and the Hitman gets the upperhand and hits a Spin Kick to the jaw of Roberts. Then, Bret gets a Dropkick to the knee and then hooks the leg for a two count. Bret picks up Roberts and hits a DDT. Then, Bret hits a Russian Leg Sweep then goes to the middle turnbuckle and drops the elbow on Roberts. Hitman goes for the cover, but, only gets a two count. Roberts blocks a right hand attempt and then hits a Piledriver on the Hitman. Another pin attempt for the two count. Bret then reverses a hammerlock attempt and then turns Jake and nails a Vertical Suplex. Bret goes for a Body Slam but Roberts reverses it and tries for a DDT but it's countered into the Sharpshooter. Roberts tries to fight it but is forced to submit.

Post-Match: Roberts is slow to get up but Bret still doesn't notice and Roberts turns Bret around and nails him with a DDT. Roberts then stands over Bret with the Intercontinental Championship celebrating.

MQ: 82%

CR: 90%

OR: 87%

WWF Tag Team Championship

The Rockers © Vs. The Legion of Doom

Hawk starts out with a Body Slame to Michaels and then a Spinebuster and makes the cover for a quick 2 count. Hawk then makes the tag to Animal and they send Marty into the ropes as Shawn just stands there looking on, and they deliver a Double Backdrop. Then, Marty gets hit with a series of punches before elbowing Animal in the face to break a Hammerlock. Jannetty quickly makes the tag to Michaels who comes out firing. Michaels hits a Reverse Elbow. Animal moves out of the way of a Leg Drop attempt and tags Hawk. Hawk takes control and then hits a Powerbomb and makes a pin attempt only to get a two count. Michaels counters a Suplex and takes Animal off the Apron with a Superkick and Jannetty comes in but Michaels hits him with a Superkick as well, followed by Hawk and makes a cover for a three count.

Post-Match: Jannetty starts to get up after the Superkick but Michaels quickly takes him back down again with the Superkick and lays Jannetty's title on his chest as Michaels celebrates in the ring.

MQ: 94%

CR: 79%

OR: 86%

Backstage. We see Mean Gene with Hulk Hogan ready for an interview.

Gene: "Hulkster, tonight, you take on 29 other men in the over the top rope Royal Rumble Match for a chance to become the World Wrestling Federation Champion, your thoughts?"

Hulkster: "Let me tell you something Mean Gene. At the Survivor Series I lost the WWF Title to the Undertaker and it wasn't a pleasant feeling, dude. But tonight, me and my 20 inch pythons will step into the ring against 29 other guys and one by one no matter who they are all the Hulkamaniacs will let me run wild on them. And.... WHAT'CHA GONNA DO BROTHERS WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU!!!"

92%

World Wrestling Federation Championship

30-man Over the Top Rope Royal Rumble

Order of Entry Order of Elimination

1. IRS 1. British Bulldog by IRS

2. British Bulldog 2. Big Bossman by IRS

3. Ric Flair 3. IRS by The Mountie

4. Big Bossman 4. Typhoon by Earthquake

5. Ultimo Dragon 5. Ultimo Dragon by El Matador

6. Repo Man 6. Warlord by Randy Savage

7. Earthquake 7. Repo Man by Haku

8. El Matador 8. The Mountie by Ric Flair

9. The Mountie 9. Jerry Lawler by Sid Justice

10. Jim Duggan 10. Tatanka by Ric Flair

11. Texas Tornado 11. Texas Tornado by Roddy Piper

12. Tatanka 12. Sgt. Slaughter by Earthquake

13. Chris Walker 13. Ric Flair by Randy Savage

14. The Warlord 14. Jim Duggan by Roddy Piper

15. Jerry "The King" Lawler 15. Chris Walker by El Matador

16. Sgt. Slaughter 16. Jerry Lynn by El Matador

17. Jimmy Snuka 17. Sid Justice by The Undertaker

18. Typhoon 18. Haku by Ted Dibiase

19. Ultimate Warrior 19. Bushwacker Butch by Jimmy Snuka

20. Brooklyn Brawler 20. El Matador by Hulk Hogan

21. Haku 21. Jimmy Snuka by Randy Savage

22. Randy Savage 22. Roddy Piper by Randy Savage

23. Rowdy Roddy Piper 23. The Undertaker by Hulk Hogan

24. Ted DiBiase 24. Ted Dibiase by Randy Savage

25. The Undertaker 25. Earthquake by Randy Savage

26. Sid Justice 26. Rey Misterio Jr. by Hulk Hogan

27. Bushwaker Butch 27. Brooklyn Brawler by Randy Savage

28. Jerry Lynn 28. Randy Savage by Ultimate Warrior

29. Hulk Hogan 29. Ultimate Warrior by Hulk Hogan

30. Rey Misterio Jr.

The Winner of the 1992 Royal Rumble match and the new World Wrestling Federation Champion: Hulk Hogan!

MQ: 71%

CR: 64%

OR: 67%

Overall show Rating: 79%

My thoughts: Not a bad show, with the Rumble match being the most boring, of course, but, I think the Intercontinental Title match went over really well and was the match of the night, just ahead of the Tag Title Match, so with that in mind, we move on to get the buyrate.

the Buyrate for the Royal Rumble was: 1.10 with 13,461 in attendance which gave us $807,660 in ticket sales and $2,750,000 in PPV Revenue.

WCW's Buyrate for January Clash of the Champions was .88 with 10,865 in attendance.

USWA Ragged Glory got 840 attendance and it wasn't a PPV so it had no buyrate.

GWF's The Sun Never Sweats had 425 in attendance and again wasn't a PPV so had no buyrate.

Good week, still on top.

Ok guys. I need a little bit of help.

I am in a bit of a slump with the Shawn Michaels Vs. Marty Jannetty feud. Over the past few weeks, Shawn has gave Marty the Superkick week in and week out, last time being at Royal Rumble. So I'm turning to you guys.

Over the next 2 or 3 days, if you would send me a Private Message or an IM on AOL or MSN (both of my contacts are in my profile), telling me what you would like to see out of the Shawn Michaels Vs. Marty Jannetty feud, that will most likely end at Wrestlemania. If you could tell me what you would like to see then please IM me or PM me.

Also, remember this is the year 1992 in the diary, so, it needs to be something clean as this was a time when WWF was clean, had some blood but that's pretty much it.

Monday, January 13, 1992

First before Prime Time Wrestling just a little bit of news.

Our next big show is Saturday Night Main Event so the build up is really hoping to be big for that one as it's our last show before Wrestlemania VIII. There will be a prediction contest for SNME and this time there will be a prize involved for the winner, and that will be announced after the first card for the show goes up which will be in the next couple of weeks.

Also, we have less than three months left on our contract with Fox therefore we are in negotiations to keep our Superstars show on the network, currently they're next offer is 9 months which we are considering. That's all the news for now

Prime Time Wrestling

El Matador Vs. Rey Misterio Jr.

Pretty good match. Just the reaction wasn't that great, but, Rey won it after a Flying Rana and pinning for the 3 count.

MQ: 89%

CR: 49%

Ultimo Dragon Vs. Jerry Lynn

A near perfect match. Great credit goes to these guys but the reaction still wasn't what we were hoping for. It ends after Lynn hits a Tornado DDT on Ultimo for the win.

MQ: 98%

CR: 42%

Jerry "The King" Lawler Vs. Virgil

Not a bad match, but, not a great one either, about like the crowd reaction. Lawler picks up the win with a Piledriver.

CR: 61%

OR: 61%

Now, it's a Shawn Michaels interview as he just goes after Marty Jannetty, even though he is Jannetty's tag partner and they hold the Tag Team Championships together.

84%

The Undertaker Vs. Koko B. Ware

Not a bad match, mixed with a good crowd reaction for these guys. Taker nails a Choke Slam and makes the cover for the 3 count.

MQ: 68%

CR: 72%

Ultimate Warrior Vs. Repo Man

Bad booking on my part with this one. Ultimate Warrior ended it after the Gorrilla Press for the win.

Post-Match: The Mountie comes running out and tries to take out Warrior but is unsuccessful and gets himself beaten down.

MQ: 58%

CR: 69%

OR: 65%

Next is an interview with Jake "The Snake" Roberts as he is going after Bret Hart and talks about how much he wants the Intercontinental Championship then a challenge is laid down for the title at Saturday Night Main Event next month.

88%

Jake "The Snake" Roberts Vs. Hulk Hogan

Not bad, but, not great either. Hogan wins it after an interference attempt from Piper is unsuccessful and Hogan rolls up Roberts for the 3 count.

Post-Match: Hogan gets beaten down by Roberts and Piper but Bret Hart comes down to quickly make the save.

MQ: 60%

CR: 74%

Overall Show Rating: 71%

Not a bad show, but, the interviews kept us over the 70 percentile mark so we need to go back and do some rethinking before we do these matches again.

SMW got a .32 rating for SMW TV, which was considerably lower than our 5.85 rating for Prime Time Wrestling, so we're still on top of things.

Edited by ChrisO

Saturday January 18, 1992

Earlier today, the team called the Thrillseekers were hired by the WWF and we will debut that team tonight on Superstars, the members are Lance Storm and Lion Heart, I have seen these guys work and they can put on some awesome stuff in the ring so they will definitely be a great asset to this company.

Superstars

The Warlord Vs. "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

Not bad but not great in any way, the crowd wasn't up or down very much until the Superfly hit the Superfly Splash for the win.

CR: 64%

The Bushwackers Vs. The Thrillseekers (Lion Heart & Lance Storm)

Pretty good match actually, with the crowd being kind of active during it, as Lion Heart made Luke submit to the Lion Tamer.

MQ: 79%

CR: 55%

OR: 67%

We see Mr. Perfect backstage and he starts talking about how he should be main eventing instead of staying on the midcard level and that's about it.

79%

Rick Martel Vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage

Great match and the fans were into it for the majority while the Macho Man ended it with a Savage Elbow and made the cover for the 3 count.

Post-Match: Mr. Perfect came down and started to go after Savage and took him down with a Perfect-Plex.

MQ: 89%

CR: 74%

OR: 81%

Sid Justice Vs. Brooklyn Brawler

Not a bad match but the fans still weren't into this one. It ends when Sid hits the Powerbomb on Brawler for the win.

Post-Match: Undertaker comes down and nails Sid with a Choke Slam.

MQ: 70%

CR: 56%

Jerry Lynn Vs. Marty Jannetty

This match was absolutely perfect, the fans just weren't buying into it though. It ends when Shawn Michaels runs down and nails Lynn in the chin with the Superkick and lays Jannetty on top for the win.

Post-Match: Jannetty gets up and Michaels is celebrating by himself when Jannetty nails Michaels with the Rocker Dropper!

MQ: 100%

CR: 49%

OR: 74%

Tag Team Main Event

Rowdy Roddy Piper & Jake "The Snake" Roberts Vs. Bret "Hitman" Hart and Hulk Hogan

For some reason this didn't go like I'd hoped it would, the fans weren't even into it half the time. It ends when Roberts gets counted out by the referee and Hogan and Hart are the winners.

Post-Match: Hogan and Hart celebrate and Piper comes over and nails Hogan with a Piledriver knocking out the WWF Champion!

MQ: 64%

CR: 50%

OR: 57%

Compared to our 3.49 rating for Superstars, WCW Saturday Night scored a 3.25 rating, which is WCW's main show I believe, but, our show wasn't bad just the matches weren't that good except Jannetty and Lynn, you can expect a rematch between those two in the future, once Lynn gets known better.

In other news, during the show last night, it was reported that Smokey Mountain Wrestling signed New Jack to a Open Contract starting immediately so SMW going into the Free Agent pool and pulling some people out.

Edited by ChrisO