Led Zeppelin Fans

Guest fultie

Guest fultie

Hey there.

I was looking for some information about their music....

It seems like they went through a big change from their early music to their later music.. I was wanting to know if I was the only one to think this or if it was a noticable change and if something brought it on or anything.. imo their early music is alot better than latter day music.. i dunno, any help or info or comments on it would be cool..

Guest AgonyToMe

They point it out several times. Talking about a transition in songwriting from guy/girl songs to more heavy themes caused by maturity in Robert Plant.

But who cares? Zeppelin sold out.

Guest fultie

it seemed like they sold out to me too but i want to know more about it..

i watched led zeppelin at Live Aid 85 and Robert Plant looked like your average 80s musician..

Guest Angry Baboon

Sold out?

How the fuck did they sell out? People throw that term around WAY too losely, Zeppelin never sold out. They were never "Anti-Corporate", they had their own private jet for fucks sake, so if that's what you were thinking then they were sell outs from the start. Or do you mean, they sold out by changing the style? Hmm, if the Beatles hadn't "sold out" they were have still been a shitty third rate poppy rock band singing inane love songs. How is that a bad thing?

Anyway, back to Fultie's question. Yes, they did change their style quite a lot. John Paul Jones swapped his bass for a keyboard on a lot of songs, and they had a much more heavy eastern influence in their music. This worked on Houses of the Holy (Which is my favorite Zep album), but their last 2 albums sucked Gorilla knobs.

Making crap albums does not equal selling out.

Edited by Squancho McFap Fap

Guest Locutus of Borg

I think another thing that influenced newer Led Zeppelin was the short-lived creation of Coverdale/Page that Jimmy Page did with Whitesnake guitarist David Coverdale. While lasting no longer than one album, I think it did have a small impact on the creative juices of Page.