The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

Toivonen was spectacular for Boston, while Tellqvist was almost equal to the challenge for Toronto.

Toronto had to come out with full guns blazing and try to catch Boston off-guard, however we just basically sat back and let them dictate the pace of the first period, which was bad news.

My boy Belak got into his first fight this year, and it was a doozy. He also came back later on and played a decent game. His passing was better, he wasn't caught out of position, and he stopped Joe Thornton more than once.

I didn't really notice our defence otherwise. Aki Berg made a couple of stupid plays, but nobody else really stood out, offensively or defensively, as either playing good or bad. McCabe and Kaberle were out for most of the Leafs PPs and neither could muster anything in the way of a true scoring chance. I'm going to credit Boston's penalty kill for knowing exactly who the "go-to" guys were on the point, and just how lethal they were. The Boston PKers did a great job of containing the McCaberle pairing.

Eric Lindros had another solid game. Ponikarovsky and Czerkawki showed a lot of chemistry, though neither has any finish. And what the fuck was Czerkawski thinking on that breakaway? He never passes. EVER. EVER! So when he's in all alone, he stops and waits for someone to catch up before passing it to him. WHAT THE HELL?!

It was an even game, but Boston's goalie Toivonen was the difference.

I'm Jeremy Crowe, reporting for EWB Leafs News.

[good?]

Now let's kick some Senators ass!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Grapehead

Game tomorrow night should be good, hopefully we see some more back and forth action like their last encounter. The only way this game will be one-sided is if one of the big stars goes out near the start, either way I predict Quinn will have pleanty of ammunition for his whining post-game.

I didn't even know that the Leafs played last night until 3 in the morning, because I had gone to a Halloween show downtown. But Spezza's overtime winner was beautiful, as TSN said it should be a Highlight of the YEAR candidate.

Is it just me or does it seem like the Leaf fans we've got here only chime in with their thoughts on a game if they won. I'd really like to know what you guys thought of the Leafs efforts against Boston, as it was a good game from the clips I saw. I didn't see Quinn complaining about the rules last night either, so it must've been atleast a decent game for the Leafs if the only problem lay within some of your individual shifts.

Guest Grapehead

League ID: EWB

League password: Battleground

Only autodraft was available apparently, but still, everyone is a free agent after the draft, so it should be interesting.

Guest Grapehead

Exciting first period for us Sens fans, a little lackluster for the Leafs but Belfour looked good on a few shots, especially Fishers breakaway. I'd like to see a little more life from the Leafs, since that would make for more exciting hockey, but I'm not hoping for too much life that they actually win.

Updated: Leafs are still sleeping, but I think they turned it on a tiny bit considering Tqlelkjgdsvist(how is his name spelt?) is getting some better coverage than Belfour. Heatley is getting rewarded for all the bad breaks he played through the other night, and bangs home a hattrick.

Edited by Grapehead

Ach scheise. I stopped watching when it got to 5-0. The Sens are the better team this year, there's absolutely no doubting that. I'd say Belfour played like shit but honestly, who's exempt from that on the team tonight? Horrible effort by the Leafs, but one hell of a game from Heatley so far tonight.

Boy am I glad I was at work tonight. These Leafs just don't seem like the Leafs I love. They just don't have that heart it seems. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

And Quinn can't stop saying this team needs better coverage WHILE KEEPING THE SAME BLOODY PEOPLE TOGETHER.

AUGH!!!! Montreal got trounced. Albeit at least we pretended we knew how to play hockey unlike the Leafs but going down 5-2?! The fuck happened. Theo gave up 3 goals in 11:45 of the first. And Danis gave up 2 within a min of each other in the third.

I guess they gotta regroup and try to stick it to the Rangers on Monday. When we play em again.