The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

I didn't see the game, but from the highlights it looks like Mats did great. With O'Neill on his wing, he got a goal and set one up for O'Neill. If he plays like that with a visor on, I don't see what his problem with wearing one in the future will be.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Grapehead

Senators shut out? No way! :P Looked like a good game, didn't see it on TV though, I was busy anyways. Watched the highlights on the NHL Network about 4 times, lol. Depietro's comment was hilarious I thought "On the bright side atleast we didn't let in 10 like Buffalo."

On the subject of the 3 shootouts, they were are fucking exciting as hell, but for the record Roenik's goal was a rebound and shouldn't have counted, that was wrong.

Edited by Grapehead

What are you going to do.

Decent game in Calgary. Plenty of pugilism. Calgary refuses to let the trap die, though. :mellow:

Its about time we got Mats back (Y) Hope we kick the Capitals butt! Which isn't hard to do, all you have to do is make sure Ovechkin doesn't get the puck :P

Guest Grapehead

On the subject of the 3 shootouts, they were are fucking exciting as hell, but for the record Roenik's goal was a rebound and shouldn't have counted, that was wrong.

Ugh, shootouts always kill all the excitement of what happened during the overtime. Every game I see with OT it's always exciting but then it just dies when they prep for the shootout.

Not for me they aren't. I find that OT is much better, if 2 teams play 60 min to a tie, then overtime and it's still tied. It's gotta be exciting as fuck. But if you really want a clear cut winner I'd just continue with OT. I hate how it's whoever has the fanciest deke wins the game. Hockey's a team sport. But that's just my opinion.

In other news Montreal wins... again. Montreal and Ottawa are 1 and 2 for points in the east(ottawa is tied with Carolina I think) Ottawa's gonna take 1st soon enough, they're 2 games less played than Montreal. I know there's an overabundance of them on the board so I'll have to ask Leafs fans because My Habs and CKN's Sens are sitting atop the conference, how's good ol' Toronto doing? Still bringing up the rear in the Northeast?

Nah, I'm just joshing ya, Toronto's alright, wherever they are, I can't see that far down.

He is on the Caps, and he did an interview at second intermission.

He has, however, been invisible on the ice for them. What's his point line like? 1+2 or something?

Oh, and I think everyone should've seen this coming. A team already being lazy and generally not relying on anyone but a couple of 21 year olds to score for them finally gets their captain, leader, and best player back. So naturally, everyone decides to be even lazier because hey, now there's the captain to score for them. SUNDIN CAN'T DO EVERYTHING, JERKS.

They gave this one away with stupid penalties and just over-all terrible play. Caps came out to do some damage, Leafs just were not prepared for it.

Edited by grind your soul

Guest Grapehead

I love the excuses. 'oh it's only november' whatever, 'oh sundin can't do everything' when just the other day everyone was praising that the Leafs were going to be awesome now that Sundin's back, only he made them worse. Lol, it's just hilarious to me, cause my team isn't struggling right now, and yours is.

I feel bad for the Chicago Blackhawks. They spent a huge amount of money to bring in Khabibulin, who has been a complete waste of cap room. And now they have lost Ruutu to injury. The Lightning have to be laughing at everyone who said it was a huge mistake to let Khabibulin go, though!

The Leafs losing 5 - 4 to the Capitals has shut up all my friends who have been saying that Belfour is done and that Tellqvist is #1. Idiots they are! Pat Quinn has been a broken record this season. After almost every game, even some of the wins, he has complained about his teams lack of effort and his dissatisfaction with there play. After this many games, the blame falls on Quinn for not motivating the players and not moving the line-ups more to find what works. But thats my opinion.

You realise it's your fault that Toronto got beaten?

See, one of you guys said 'Toronto should beat Washington', and those are the fucking magic words. Whenever you say Toronto should beat someone, fate will contrive to make sure that they do not. That's why I've come to expect so little of the other teams I support; the lower my expectations are, the harder it is for me to be disappointed.

Put your faith in another Canadian team or contemplate suicide. Clearly those are the only options for Leafs fans.

I'm heading downtown with my girlfriend today to pick up some Habs tickets. One pair for a game soon. Another for sometime in March, we're playing Toronto twice in 3 nights, I think both in Montreal too. I'd love to go to both games. As much as I rag on Toronto, The Habs Leafs games are always incredible. Just for the intensity and atmosphere. Especially with the way the game is now, it becomes unpredictable.

Edited by Basha

Good luck picking up tickets, especially for a Leafs - Habs game!

Oh, and anyone with any sort of hockey knowledge could see the Sundin thing coming. It happens - a star comes back, everyone else is lazy. Once they realize that Sundin can't do everything [which should be very apparent after that shitfest they put on against Washington], they should start firing it up.

If not, well then god help all the Leafs fans out there.