The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

The Polish Prince is a lost cause right now, I mean he looked totally lost in positional play out there last night but at least he skated hard from what I saw.

Also from what I've seen lately Berg has been playing better, and he could be a good 6th d-man, 7th is Colio got his chance finally.

Also Quinn needs to give Sundin linemates and stick with it.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not Jason Spezza sweet, but that was a nasty move by Malik.

Fuck that shit, goal of the year. Wrap it up right fucking now. Get the man his Hart Trophy.

FUCK THE CANUCKS! I hate every team supported by a member of this board, the Canucks cost me another Pro-Line win, god I'm so fucking pissed that I got 2/3 two days in a row.

You can three things for the Canucks loss:

Holy shit Curtis Joseph IS still alive.

What the fuck? The guy dropped his gloves, just because he never got a shot off doesn't mean one guy gets two and one guy gets four. Hell, that call was so stupid they really HAD to make it twice, to cement the idiocy and drive it home for those who weren't keeping score at home.

The NHL denied Mark Crawford's request that they shorten games to include only the second period.

The game was decent, but holy shit blatent cheapshot alert. Matty Ohlund ate a brutal Eric Boulton style forearm shiver to the head, collapsed, rolled over, no call, and fuck was he pissed. The hit on Park was a Scott Stevens Special, a two minute penalty but within the confines of the game, but holy shit. GYS is right, that shot was over the line. And if there isn't a suspension heads will fucking roll for this. In case you guys didn't learn last year, the Canucks aren't really a forgive and forget team.

Not Jason Spezza sweet, but that was a nasty move by Malik. Kolzig probably didn't even see the shot until it was past him.

I'm a Sens fan and I thought it was a better goal than Spezza's.

Edited by CKN

Not Jason Spezza sweet, but that was a nasty move by Malik. Kolzig probably didn't even see the shot until it was past him.

I'm a Sens fan and I thought it was a better goal than Spezza's.

For me I think the spezza goal was better because:

1. It came in overtime instead of a shootout.

2. He actually had to deke through players.

Now don't get me wrong the Malik goal was awesome. But I wouldn't give it the number one goal of the year this far. But then I am the hugest Spezza fan boy so take that for what you will.

Malik's goal was amazing. But Spezza's was better for those reasons you listed.

GYS is right, that shot was over the line. And if there isn't a suspension heads will fucking roll for this. In case you guys didn't learn last year, the Canucks aren't really a forgive and forget team.

Um, when did I say anything about the Ohlund hit :blink:

Leafs game last night was great. Waiting to hear from some Habs fans about that call just before the overtime though :P

And I guess Markov's not going to get suspended for shoving the ref after the game?

Back when we were talking about the Leafs/Atlanta bust up, you said if it happened to my team I'd be just as pissed.

I kinda thought it was that but wasn't sure.

And lo and behold, Andrei Markov was suspended for three games for abuse of an official.

Leafs win 2-1 but jesus jumped up christ, what were the refs on? Kaberle puts his stick forward, Jokinen grabs it and JUMPS IN THE AIR, and Kaberle gets a penalty for hooking? But then later, Jokinen hooks .. Stajan I think, for nearly THREE SECONDS, THREE - FULL - SECONDS, and doesn't get a penalty. AND THEN! Complains when the Panthers take one. God damnit.

What a frustratingly boring game. Panthers suck and Jacques Martin is NOT what that young team needs. They need someone who will let them do what brought them to the NHL, and further learn that. Not someone who will discourage them from playing an offensive game and stunt their growth and retard their development. Fuck Jacques Martin.

Habs fans rejoice.

Bruins pull off blockbuster

Sportsnet has learned the San Jose Sharks have traded Brad Stuart, Marco Sturm and Wayne Primeau to Boston for Joe Thornton.

Sportsnet.ca -- In an effort to shake up their struggling franchise, the Boston Bruins have dealt away their star player.

http://www.sportsnet.ca

Damn, you beat me to the post. Anyways, this is a TERRIBLE trade for the Bruins. I seriously can't even think of any way that this benifits them. Thorton was the only good thing they had going for them this season and now he's gone. Horrible, horrible move. The GM should be fired for this. I'm not even a Bruins fan, I can only imagine what they must be thinking right now.

Here's how I see it.

If Thornton continues to play as he's been playing this year, with the motivation and drive that he's had this year, and he doesn't return to form, then Boston walks away with this deal. They totally rape San Jose here. Thornton has been one of Boston's best this year - but that's not saying much. He doesn't have to try to be one of Boston's best this year, especially with the lacksadaisical effort the team is putting out night after night. His point totals aren't very high, and he has failed to show any of the dominance on the ice which made him one of the league's best players.

However, if Thornton turns it up in a new environment, then San Jose will definately have won this deal. When Thornton is motivated, healthy, and happy, he's going to kill some faces - and those faces will be in the Western Conference.

But it's not as though Boston got raped here. If used properly, Sturm can put up 25 goals, if not more. Plus, he can kill penalties and by all accounts is a nice guy to be around and to have in the locker room. Stuart is a defenceman who is still developing but could [and likely will] end up being a cornerstone of a team's defence. He can move the puck, he can play the body, he's big, and he knows what the word 'defence' means. Primeau is, by far, the weakest player in the deal, but he's still a solid two-way forward who can kill penalties, and will bring lots of leadership to the squad.

All in all, I'd say this was a damn fine deal for both teams, and it could go either way.

Guest Grapehead

Don't call the trade pitiful until you see the effects. I bring up the Hossa/Heatley trade again, most thought Atlanta won out, but when Heatley returned to form, it would be hard to argue Atlanta won the trade as it stands now.