The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vinny LeCavalry undresses Belfour in a shootout. Belfour is still looking for his jock.

Canucks do everything they can to choke away a game where they have 4-1 and 6-3 leads to the Coyotes for a 7-4 finale. Ugly game.

Leafs should have won this one in overtime but the penalty trouble cost them the full 2 points yet again. Belfour continues to show that he is shit on breakaways and the forwards continue to show that can't score on breakaways. Oh well, at least we're 3 points up on 9th now with 1 game to the Habs and 2 (?) in hand to the Thrashers.

3 in a row for Buffalo after last nights win. 2 big games coming next. Philly and Ottawa at home. They should beat Philly as they always seem to do well against them. Not to sure about the Sens game. Buffalo is a different team since the last time they played each other. Doesn't Team USA look stupid for not putting Ryan Miller on their team. He is the best american goalie in the league right now. Not like the American team is going anywhere this year.

Since I don't know who is in charge of the Sports Bar, one of you hockey peeps should challenge Jerichoholic to a battle of some sort with the loser being banned from this thread until the season is over. You'd NEVER have to hear about the Sabres again, which makes it win/win for everyone involved. Just a suggestion :shifty:

I'm just poking my head in to say that the Leafs should firesale for prospects. I've never seen the Leafs re-build [i don't think many others have either] and I'd be interested to see how it would go.

They'd need a complete overhaul of the entire team, but it could work. They already have some good defensive prospects.

And for any Harrison bandwagon jumpers, I'd been calling that shit for years, so kindly start jocking me for knowing my shit right now.

Speaking of the Habs, they got spanked again by the Hurricanes last night. You want to talk about a team who doesn't get the respect they deserve, look no further than Caronlina. These guys were supposed to be a joke this year, I don't think anyone's laughing right now.

13 wins in January... ridiculous. I never would've expected the Canes of all teams to do that.

Edited by damshow

Guest Grapehead

I don't know what's going wrong in Ottawa, none of the top line is out, the defense core is all there, Hasek is making great saves, where is everything failing? I was hoping Ottawa would rebound with a good February after a less than impressive January.

Sometimes it just happens, you know. Teams just don't have a good day on the ice (or the pitch, depending on what sport you choose to talk about).

I must admit, the prospect of not having to hear 'WAAAAAAA BUFFALO DONT' GET ANY ATTENTION WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!' again is very intriguing, to say the least.

OMG guys did you hear that last night the Sabres kept their record the exact same as on Tuesday night. It's so incredible, how many other teams can do that? Start talking about this team guys because nobody does and they're so incredible I get a boner at every mention of them, seriousily I have such a huge boner right I'm just going to have to have a wank, oh my god Buffalo is so gooooooooooood. :shifty:

So how bout dem Leafs? :shifty:

Man I wish that Columbus would have started playing like they are playing now. They have really caught fire lately and were able to pick up another win against the Flames last night with another game coming up against the Oilers tonight. Lots of the guys on the team are finally starting to hit there stride and starting to play well together. Even with winning 9 of the last 12 they are still well out of the playoff picture and are likely to be unless they didnt slow down anytime soon. That said, even if they dont make it to the playoffs this year which is pretty likely, I think things are starting to look good for the future with all the young guys we got.

So Sens won't play Emery tonight which is weird. Crosby is out with the flu. Pothier is out still with food poisoning. And Healtley, Alfredsson and Spezza are reunited. If the Sens don't win tonight I will cry.

Grapehead you shouldn't expect the sens to win every game because they won't. Some things I have noticed and read... Alfredsson is still injured, people might not notice that though since he plays very well still. Spezza hasn't been himself since getting injured. I am not sure if he is still a bit injured though.

Jerichoholic23 they are called the leafs not laffs <_< and Senators are 5 points ahead of the Sabres so I win (H)

And everyone make sure you vote for the tsn.ca allstar team.... at tsn.ca

Edited by CKN

We will see after saturday who the better team is. They beat Philly yet again and stay within 5 pts of the Sens and move 14 pts ahead of the Laffs. In my books they will always be called the Laffs as they are a joke for a franchise. They trade away all their draft picks and continue to sign guys who are well past their prime. Lindros and Allison are no where near the players they once were. They have always been about making money and not trying to win the cup. Until they realize that you can't win the cup by trying to buy it then they will always be the Laffs

CKN why would you stick up for the Laffs. If you are a Sens fan you should hate them more than any other team. Being a Sabre fan makes you hate them, Philly and Montreal.

We will see after saturday who the better team is. They beat Philly yet again and stay within 5 pts of the Sens and move 14 pts ahead of the Laffs. In my books they will always be called the Laffs as they are a joke for a franchise. They trade away all their draft picks and continue to sign guys who are well past their prime. Lindros and Allison are no where near the players they once were. They have always been about making money and not trying to win the cup. Until they realize that you can't win the cup by trying to buy it then they will always be the Laffs

CKN why would you stick up for the Laffs. If you are a Sens fan you should hate them more than any other team. Being a Sabre fan makes you hate them, Philly and Montreal.

Guest Grapehead

Grapehead you shouldn't expect the sens to win every game because they won't. Some things I have noticed and read... Alfredsson is still injured, people might not notice that though since he plays very well still. Spezza hasn't been himself since getting injured. I am not sure if he is still a bit injured though.