The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

Oh yeah he's not Alexei Yashin. Alexei Yashin makes Marian Hossa look like the Mario Lemieux of loyalty and greed. Still, he's a dickhead.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hasek got injured during the game with Germany. Most fear its the same one he had when he was playing for Buffalo a few years ago. He just said on the CBC that he is doubtful he will be able to return for the rest of the Olympics. Hopefully for Sens fans that the injury is not very serious and he only misses a few weeks. If he misses the rest of the season, Ottawa's chances of winning a cup are very slim.

With names like Biron and Raycroft and Luongo being thrown around in trade rumors and Roman Cechmanek an unrestricted free agent, I dunno. They'd still have a shot.

Besides, they still have Kelly Guard.

While Hossa isn't putting up the biggest numbers ever, you have to realize that he's more of a player than just a scorer. He's probably Atlanta's best penalty killer [which, I know, isnt saying much], and would probably penalty kill on any team he is on. He's not selfish with the puck anymore, and his defensive skills have greatly improved.

Spezza, Havlat, Savard and the other players you mentioned are pure offensive players and many only penalty kill in situations where they are looking to break out and score a shortie, whereas Hossa is one of Atlanta's go-to guys and is dependable in any situation.

With Jokinen, you're getting the same thing. This year, Jokinen is Florida's best skater, is putting up the numbers that many people were expecting him to put up, and is doing it with, like SDM said, relatively little cast behind him other than a goalie, J-Bo, Van Ryn, and some washed-up vets and underperforming top rounders like Chris Gratton and Rusty Olesz. Jokinen is also a penalty killer and is not selfish in his own end or the cause of a lot of opposing rushes, like Spezza and someone like Marc Savard or Ilya Kovalchuk.

Jokinen is one of the faces of Florida, but he's unhappy there and I think he might actually do better if he was traded somewhere else.

However, Ottawa's depth at center [spezza, Smoke, Fisher, Vermette, Eaves, Kelly] is already good. Getting Jokinen would likely cause Smoke to move to second line wing, along with Fisher, leaving Spezza to center Alfie and Heatley. I can't see that exactly being a problem for the Sens, but offensively Havlat is a more gifted player than Jokinen.

So sad to see Team Canada lose, but I really think we had it coming. I know that veterans can have a huge impact on the game, but leaving 2 of the top scorers in the league (Spezza and Staal) off the team, especially with hindsight, seems like a moronic move.

Dude, shut the fuck up. We think it sucks Sundin and Tellqvist are out - and in case you hadn't noticed, this is our captain and our goaltender we're talking about - and it does suck. If we were Red Wings fans, we'd also be bemoaning the fact we were missing a lot of players.

That entire post reeks of trolling. For God's sake, stop.

I know it sucks not having them play. The more I hear and see Leaf fans the more I hate the Team and its players. Everyone knew that is was going to be life and death to make the playoffs this year and that they were not a good team. Not once would one of their fans admit that. They need to rebuild but for some reason or another they are afraid to do it. With the salary cap you can't go out and just get past their prime players to try and fix holes anymore. You can't buy the Stanley Cup anymore. Sorry Leaf Fans

I know it sucks not having them play. The more I hear and see Leaf fans the more I hate the Team and its players. Everyone knew that is was going to be life and death to make the playoffs this year and that they were not a good team. Not once would one of their fans admit that. They need to rebuild but for some reason or another they are afraid to do it. With the salary cap you can't go out and just get past their prime players to try and fix holes anymore. You can't buy the Stanley Cup anymore. Sorry Leaf Fans

Seriously, no one gives a shit what you think. And I don't even like the Leafs, I'm a Montreal fan. Go away.

Edited by Apple Shampoo 27