The 2005/2006 Hockey Season Thread

Clawson

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am so happy Toronto kept one of there bright points from 2005/06. McCabe's play on the powerplay was awesome. Even when the defence adjusted to him, it left other guys open like Mats and Kaberle. We just need another veteran for the blueline and we should be set.

We were second in powerplay percentage and had the most powerplay goals this season. If we can keep our PP strong and improve even strength just a little, we will easily make a good run into the playoffs.

Game 7 tomorrow night. Buffalo is going to play just like they did last night and will win the series. The only shame is it will be one of the best finals in a long time and no one will watch it except for fans of the two teams and canadians.

Isn't that always how the Finals work out?

Game 7 tomorrow night. Buffalo is going to play just like they did last night and will win the series. The only shame is it will be one of the best finals in a long time and no one will watch it except for fans of the two teams and canadians.

Isn't that always how the Finals work out?

Unless it's two Canadian teams, yes. Because then all of America will switch off. At least I'll be listening.

I'm American and I'll watch. The atmosphere of hockey in Canada is only matched by a few cities here, but getting it throughout the entire Finals is just drool-worthy.

Good news for Jerichoholic, those undeserving Hurricanes are going to the Stanley Cup finals, :D

Great game in an outstanding series. And it looks like the finals will match up about the same, so hopefully we can expect just as good games to come.

Hmmm.....I just looked at my EHM game (just won World Champ Gold with Canada in 09 :D ) and the two conference finals are Ducks-Oilers and Canes-Sabres. And I think both Canes and Oilers are up 3-0 so the game has a sorta psyhic thing going right now. :shifty:

Hurricanes won, and I repeat I'm not Jerichoholic, only because the Sabres were down to 2 defensemen. I personally think that if Buffalo had not had most of their defense injured they would have won the series. But such is hockey. I think the Sabres are definitely a team that won't be going away for a few years.

And apparently there are rumors of them changing the over the glass rule or something (according to a friend) so that the offending team can't change what players they have on the ice.

Nah, they haven't mentioned anything about the over the glass rule. The only person who did was Pierre McGuire during the TSN telecast reccomending it.

Edited by CKN

Buffalo sports fans have to worst luck ever. They always lose because of shit like that stupid penalty. Buffalo played well, and really can't be dissapointed with finishing so well this season. Look at where they were the season before.

So why am I only just finding out that some of you are members of the Damn Fine Coffee Hockey League? GYS is the Vancouver GM, and SDM's mentioned a couple of times. For those of you wondering, I've just taken up the position of Edmonton GM, and have about eight offers for Zdeno Chara going.

Well it turns out that my neighbor is getting an extra ticket to the Hurricanes game so it looks like I'm going to the Stanley Cup Finals (Y)

Die.

Quoted for truth.

Indeed. Bastard.

And in terms of EHM leagues, Pommpies Uber Hockey League > Damn Fine Coffee Hockey League.

Oh my god. Jussi Markanen clearly doesn't want to play in a playoff game again. I don't know how a team losses 5-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals, but it happened. The Oilers need to win the next two at home, because it is looking like they are impotent at the RBC Center.

Oh, and Ted Nolan gets an NHL job. Too bad its with the Islanders, meaning he will be fired after the season and have to go back to the Q.

Edited by desiredtoe